Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,730 members, 7,806,003 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:59 AM

APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour (20526 Views)

Osbornegate: All Those Found Culpable Will Be Sanctioned- President Buhari / Rivers Commissioner Of Police Francis Odesanya To Be Sanctioned For Aiding Wike / Vanguard Should Be Sanctioned For Humiliating Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 15, 2016
[b]Melaye must be sanctioned for his unruly behaviour – APC women

[/quote]
[quote]Women wing of the All Progressive Congress, Osun Statechapter yesterday demanded that Senator Dino Melaye (Kogi West) be sanctioned for his unruly behaviour at the Senate’s Executive Session. dino The group made its displeasure known to the public in a press statement signed by the Women Leader in the state, Alhaja Kudirat Fakokunde, Read the brief in full: “Our attention has been drawn to the widely reported attack on Senator Oluremi Tinubu, a Senator representing Lagos Central Senatorial District of Lagos State by Dino Melaye, the senator misrepresenting Kogi West District. Even though the direct victim of the primitive attack of Senator Melaye was Senator Tinubu, a fellow woman and leader of our party, we women of the APC in Osun, consider the attack as a collective attack on women in Nigeria. It is lamentable that a senator could reduce our Senate to a platform of abuse, physical and verbal assault, sexual harassment of a woman and consequently against the people whose interests he ought to protect. Senator Melaye’s attack and threat to beat up Senator Tinubu and impregnate her, were uncouth, indecent, demeaning, humiliating, sexist and criminal. It is a clear violation of the law which the same Senate passed in 2015, to protect our people. pr2 The provisions of the Violence Against Persons Act of 2015 are so clear that no woman and decent people would allow the heresy of Senator Dino Melaye to go unchallenged. In sections 4, 5, 14, 18 of the law quoted above, acts of verbal abuse and sexual threats are taken as attacks which must be prevented against any Nigerian especially women. In section 14, the law states, “a person who causes emotional, verbal and psychological abuse on another commits an offence and is liable on conviction to a term of imprisonment” Senator Melaye’s attack on Mrs Tinubu is a disgrace to the Senate and a tar on the image of Nigeria women as it portrays women as mere object of sexual pleasure and an anatomical symbol. We demand that a public apology be tendered not only to Senator Tinubu but to all Nigerian women by Senator Melaye and the Senate President who allowed the attack on the Nigerian Women to pass without sanctioning Senator Dino on it. In the least, Dino Melaye must be suspended forthwith preparatory to his expulsion. A criminal indictment and prosecution on this matter must follow immediately.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/07/sanction-melaye-for-his/

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Raydos: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2016
me and ftc these days!

like bread and beans!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Ezenwammadu(m): 3:47pm On Jul 15, 2016
angry
Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by ministeriallist: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2016
Space booked grin
Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by timilehin007(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
I concur

5 Likes

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by SouthernBreeze(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
Another empty threat. Expecting Ogun chapter of APC to say something grin

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by lonelydora: 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
When two elephants are fighting.....
Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by metalDETECTED(m): 6:01pm On Jul 15, 2016
grin
Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by allanphash7(m): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
Not just to be sanctione but he (Melaye) needs Rehab ASAP

11 Likes

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by powerfulsettingz: 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
Yes he must pay for his locking tongue

1 Like 1 Share

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Vendoor(f): 6:02pm On Jul 15, 2016
I see.... Another trouble loading

2 Likes

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Danhumprey: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
E don begin red for this madman. grin

2 Likes

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Flexherbal(m): 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
All of them are the same!

3 Likes

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by winnerjoy: 6:03pm On Jul 15, 2016
i hope melaye "s wife is not one of them
Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hmmn.

I don't even know how to start.

On one hand, I'm happy someone called that Tinubu woman to order, on the other hand, I'm not happy its Dino. There's a way to handle disagreements without resorting to threats and abuse.

Dino's defense is even worse than the sin.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Midgut(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
make dino destroy APC before he run to PDP

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by karashita: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
timilehin007:
I concur

Same here.

1 Like

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by PigMeat: 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
apc women from where?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Gidobaba(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hahahahahahha

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by kayo80(m): 6:04pm On Jul 15, 2016
Melaye is an egotistical sexist wife beater of a man.

2 Likes

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Victorakats(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
You don't give preferential treatment to some and punish another. These two gladiators are guilty of embarrassing themselves in the public.
If any sanctions must be given in accordance to the party principles or directives, then I feel that Tinubu's wife and Dino should be sanctioned by the party.
For every action, there's a reaction and if one person is provoked, it's only normal for such an individual to react.
My thoughts though.

81 Likes 9 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by IffaCatchYouEhn(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
DANO MELAYE KOR

COWBELL MELAYE NI

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by achieverme(m): 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
Everyone is blaming and abusing dino melaye. No one ever bothered to ask what remi tinubu said to prompt Dino's response. Or did dino just turned on her and said he would rape her without remi tinubu saying anything to prompt Dino's outburst?

This is shameful.

And many of the news media reporting this issue have cleverly left out what tinubu said to prompt this.

There are two sides to a story. We do not want to bother asking what tinubu's wife said to warrant Dino's response, just because of hatred for him and desire to pull him down at all cost.

While I Dont support the unruly conduct of Dino, I still think remi tinubu must have said something equally unbecoming to make Dino give her that kind of response. Everyone is now silent on what tinubu could have said, but start broadcasting what dino said. We leave out the action that prompted the reaction and start hammering on the reaction alone.

95 Likes 11 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by blezzy080: 6:05pm On Jul 15, 2016
Misrepresenting Kogi West? shocked

1 Like

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Tenkobos(m): 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Noise makers. Tell that woman to stop disrespecting fellow senators.

50 Likes 5 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Ugo4ema2015: 6:06pm On Jul 15, 2016
Hey women beta watch it oo b4 dis man unleashes spactacus on each of you...especially d robust ones!
Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by amjoseph19: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by neocortex: 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
OP, please modify your heading,
it is APC Women state of Osun not all states APC Women

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by femolacqua(m): 6:07pm On Jul 15, 2016
This issue seems to take another turn.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by HenryThegreat1(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
timilehin007:
I concur
. U concur have u heard other side of the story.

3 Likes

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by Lawalemi(m): 6:08pm On Jul 15, 2016
Ass lickers.

Are they aware that their Godmother is so disrespectful?

Once upon a time she had scuffle with Saraki
They should gerrahahia. Sycophants

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: APC Women: Melaye Must Be Sanctioned For His Unruly Behaviour by ElDeeVee(m): 6:09pm On Jul 15, 2016
Lmao...Melaye is just a fearless guy. Unfortunately, we need people like him in the Senate.

27 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FG Deliberately Using Soot To Reduce Rivers Population, Wike Tells UN / Ambode Meets The CEO Of Yamaha Motors In Lagos (photos) / I Resisted Pressure To Charge Buhari With Certificate Forgery - Adoke

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.