Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,780 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:15 AM

32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God (28116 Views)

Even If My Pastor Gambles With My Tithe, I Will Continue To Pay. / Our Children Will Continue To Wear Church Robes To School- CAN President, Ayokun / Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by frank317: 11:13am On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:
Lol, Okay!

You dont give your long epistles anymore, whats up?

Oh, I still do, when it's necessary.

But... I think I am beginning to understand Christians. I just realized that the real reason why I check up on Nairaland is because I really want this 'i am serving God, you are not... my God is the true God, yours is not.. God will punish u for not loving and acknowledging him like I do"issh to stop.

But I just realized ... u can't be a Christian or a Muslim and not think u are the one in contact with the one true God. It's their joy... taking that away from them will only make u a threat.

Anywayz I can only try... even though it's tiring.

7 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by urahara(m): 11:19am On Jul 16, 2016
HCpaul:
Wow! Just wow!

I love the idea of a Creator nad the level of rationalization behind it. The existence of a Super being is real but a question was left unanswered.

God created the Universe. Accepted.

But how did this supreme intelligent designer that you and I have never seen came into existence independent of time and space?

If you have no answer to that, then it is of absolute possibility that man also exist independent of any Creator. We shouldn't trust ancient writers with all integrity. What if they came up with the theory by overestimating the complexity of life and the universe due to there abject ignorance?
I know the power behind fiction and how natural events can be simulated in manuscript and other printable materials.
The most exciting thing about it is that the universe have a way to emulate everyone's belief system into a typical order of reality that we please him/her. The theory behind that is based on the 'flunctuation of nature' .
Religion do have her own positive side effect by the way.

I love the idea though just that the basis for this eccentric belief is questionable.

Et tu hcpaul cheesy
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by urahara(m): 11:23am On Jul 16, 2016
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2016
frank317:

Oh, I still do, when it's necessary.

But... I think I am beginning to understand Christians. I just realized that the real reason why I check up on Nairaland is because I really want this 'i am serving God, you are not... my God is the true God, yours is not.. God will punish u for not loving and acknowledging him like I do"issh to stop.

But I just realized ... u can't be a Christian or a Muslim and not think u are the one in contact with the one true God. It's their joy... taking that away from them will only make u a threat.

Anywayz I can only try... even though it's tiring.
I'm sorry, I just have to say this. For the first time, you wrote without a viperous intent.
Good change there.

I do not condemn people who truly worship other gods. Its God's work to convert them. We can only pray and hope.

Belief in the supreme is innate. Its good you can now see why this campaign wont lead anywhere.

If people in the 11th century could hope that religion dies out, we can only wonder why it is still stronger than ever today.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 11:57am On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Please remove meat ,chicken and fish from your meals so we can know that you are serious about your protest grin

The question is if you were God, will you create the world as it is now?
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 12:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
adoyi8:

The question is if you were God, will you create the world as it is now?

God has a mind and acts on His own volition . I am not God so I don't know . Stop being querulous and try to produce the best outa the life you have been given .

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

God has a mind and acts on His own volition . I am not God so I don't know . Stop being querulous and try to produce the best outa the life you have been given .
being querulous? we are all just trying to understand the life that we were given but there are just different answers to life, most of which i find irrational. as an atheist, i will recognize and accept the truth about life when I see it because i search with an open mind. if God exists and he is not the christian God i doubt if you will ever recognize and accept him. you are not ready.

3 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 5:29pm On Jul 16, 2016
adoyi8:
being querulous? we are all just trying to understand the life that we were given but there are just different answers to life, most of which i find irrational. as an atheist, i will recognize and accept the truth about life when I see it because i search with an open mind. if God exists and he is not the christian God i doubt if you will ever recognize and accept him. you are not ready.
How about those of us who were at a time irreligious and have find Christianity as the most potent worldview against secular insanity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by blueAgent(m): 6:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
winner01:
31. The honesty of some evolutionists

In biology, one of the most widely recognized laws of science is the Law of Biogenesis. “Biogenesis” is composed of two words “bio,” which means life, and “genesis,” which means beginning. Thus, this law deals with the beginning of life, and it simply says that in nature life comes only from previous life of its own kind. Over the years, the truthfulness of this law has been documented by thousands of scientists, most notably Louis Pasteur. His work dealt a crushing blow to the notion of spontaneous generation.

In 1933, evolutionist John Sullivan admitted that “it became an accepted doctrine that life never arises except from life. So far as the actual evidence goes, this is still the only possible conclusion”. Okay, but that was 1933. As we move further into the 20th century the obvious question was “Is it still the only possible conclusion?” What have we learned since the days of Louis Pasteur in the 19th century and John Sullivan in the first half of the 20th century? Observational science has reached the same conclusion experiment after experiment, year after year.

The eminent evolutionist George Gaylord Simpson and his colleagues observed that “there is no serious doubt that biogenesis is the rule, that life comes only from other life, that a cell, the unit of life, is always and exclusively the product or offspring of another cell”.

Evolutionist Martin Moe noted that “a century of sensational discoveries in the biological sciences has taught us that life arises only from life”.

More recently, staunch evolutionist Neil Shubin conceded the following in his book titled Your Inner Fish:
“I can share with you one true law that all of us can agree upon. This law is so profound that most of us take it completely for granted. Yet it is the starting point for almost everything we do in paleontology, developmental biology, and genetics. This biological “law of everything” is that every living thing on the planet had parents. Every person you’ve ever known has biological parents, as does every bird, salamander, or shark you have ever seen.... To put it in a more precise form: every living thing sprang from some parental genetic information”.

The importance of Shubin’s concession must not be missed. He recognizes that the actual scientific information verifies that life in the natural world must come from previously existing life. Yet he refuses to carry that fact to its proper conclusion: that life could not have sprung from non-living chemicals. Materialistic evolution cannot adequately account for or explain the most basic laws of science, not the least of which is the Law of Biogenesis.

If it is the case that the “only possible conclusion” which scientific evidence demands is that in nature “life never arises except from life,” then, pray tell, how did the first life come into being? Did it somehow break the most fundamental natural law of biology and arise “naturally” from non-life? Or is there another possibility? The truth is, there is another possibility (which science has not disproved), but it is one that evolutionists such as John Sullivan admitted that “scientific men find very difficult of acceptance”. According to Sullivan, “So far as the actual evidence goes,” biogenesis “is still the only possible conclusion. But he admits that it is a conclusion that seems to lead back to some supernatural creative act”. Do not miss the point: real, true, operational science indirectly supports a “supernatural creative act,” which implies a supernatural Creator.

Evolutionist and Harvard University Professor George Wald similarly admitted in an article he wrote titled “The Origin of Life” that there ultimately are two options for life’s origin:
(1) spontaneous generation and
(2) “the only alternative, to believe in a single, primary act of supernatural creation.

There is no third position”. Sadly, though “[m]ost modern biologists, having reviewed with satisfaction the downfall of the spontaneous generation hypothesis,” they are “unwilling to accept the alternative belief in special creation”. Rather than follow the evidence where it ultimately leads (to a supernatural Creator!), atheists would rather put their confidence in a theory that was disproven long ago.

Antony Flew, who for five decades was the world’s leading atheistic thinker, was forced in the end to conclude: “The only satisfactory explanation for the origin of such ‘end-directed, self-replicating’ life as we see on earth is an infinitely intelligent Mind”.

32. Man’s needs are insatiable

The ex-atheist C. S. Lewis, sums up all i wanna say here: "Creatures are not born with desires unless satisfaction for these desires exists. A baby feels hunger; well, there is such a thing as food. A dolphin wants to swim; well, there is such a thing as water. Men feel sexual desire; well, there is such a thing as sex. If I find in myself a desire which no experience in this world can satisfy, the most probable explanation is that I was made for another world." (Mere Christianity, Bk. III, chap. 10, "Hope"wink

What exactly do we want?: To be the wealthiest, most handsome, most intelligent, the worlds first citizen, the worlds greatest etc.? The death of Muhammed Ali taught me a serious lesson. Vanity upon Vanity, all is vanity. If nothing in this world can satisfy my desire?. The most probable explanation is that I was made for another world.

These are just some of the reasons why I believe in God. Even if nobody in the world believed in God, I will always believe in God.

Some selected references
http://headhearthand.org/blog/2014/10/23/the-most-honest-atheist-in-the-world/
http://www.reasonablefaith.org/the-absurdity-of-life-without-god
http://www.apologeticspress.org/APContent.aspx?category=12&article=5045
http://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2010/02/war_for_islamic_sharia_law.html
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2013/12/13/christmas-gift-for-atheists-five-reasons-why-god-exists.html
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Persecution_of_Christians

cc; KingEbukasBlog, Richirich713, thoniameek, anas09, Tufanja, elantraceey, OLAADEGBU, KingEbukaNaija, ceeted, Chidexter, lezz, analice107, bxcode, Topeakintola, UyiIredia, Tellemall, vooks, Ishilove, sukkot, gatiano, mrpresident1, Drefan2, Strawman, dazzle101, lalasticlala, seun, Dejideji1, Farmerforlife, muafrika2, 4evergod2, udysweet

Nice writeup.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by blueAgent(m): 7:00pm On Jul 16, 2016
adoyi8:

Clown . why do you think the Christain God is not the true God? God is too big to fit into your narrative. rather you should fit your narrative to fit Bible's God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 8:46pm On Jul 16, 2016
blueAgent:

Clown . why do you think the Christain God is not the true God? God is too big to fit into your narrative. rather you should fit your narrative to fit Bible's God.
I know that the Christian God is not the true God because the true God will answer every question about life and not raise more questions and then ask you to believe by faith.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 11:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
adoyi8:
I know that the Christian God is not the true God because the true God will answer every question about life and not raise more questions and then ask you to believe by faith.
What if He has given you all the evidence you need? undecided
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 11:57pm On Jul 16, 2016
adoyi8:
I know that the Christian God is not the true God [size=14pt]because the true God will answer every question about life and not raise more questions and then ask you to believe by faith.[/size]

The atheists have defined God , God does not fit into their illogical definitions , therefore God does not exist .

Brilliant !!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Weah96: 4:20am On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:

This is counter intuitive. You're making the assumption that the god doesn't know how to convince one of his own products.

This also flies in the face of biblical examples when proof was not hard to find.

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by KingEbukaNaija: 8:53am On Jul 17, 2016
cc : lalasticlala

This is a well written article by winner01 . It can help Christians a lot
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 9:06am On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:
cc : lalasticlala

This is a well written article by winner01 . It can help Christians a lot
Exactly, lalasticlala...Christians and others will benefit from this.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 11:20am On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
since i still dont believe it means that he has not given me all the evidences that i need
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by OtemWonyahweh: 11:23am On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
Lol! grin
Those names are strong!
Just relax ehn, its not compulsory to show how insecure you are.

I did not chose a Jewish God, I chose the God of creation. And also I did not damn my ancestors. I wonder where you got that.

God is love. Try to read my reasons fof believing in God instead of being in a haste to argue. It will do you a lot of help especially since you claim to be searching for the true God.

God loves you.

What is the name of the god you believe in? Is it yahweh or allah or jupiter or Vishnu? Which of them?
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 11:25am On Jul 17, 2016
OtemWonyahweh:

What is the name of the god you believe in? Is it yahweh or allah or jupiter or Vishnu? Which of them?
The God of creation.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 11:26am On Jul 17, 2016
adoyi8:
since i still dont believe it means that he has not given me all the evidences that i need
It may mean you dont wanna get off your high horse.
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 11:41am On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
It may mean you dont wanna get off your high horse.
i have humbly searched unlike you that stubbornly stuck to the religion you were born in. if the truth is revealed to us. i will recognise and accept it before you.

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by winner01(m): 12:10pm On Jul 17, 2016
adoyi8:
i have humbly searched unlike you that stubbornly stuck to the religion you were born in. if the truth is revealed to us. i will recognise and accept it before you.
Lol. I was not born into christianity.

I only found out that Christianity is unique.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by adoyi8: 1:27pm On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
Lol. I was not born into christianity.

I only found out that Christianity is unique.
which religion did you leave to join christianity
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Ladycloud(f): 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
I believe in God!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by vickyvwoke3(f): 1:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
Baba God you too much
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by allanphash7(m): 1:34pm On Jul 17, 2016
Oh ok o

2 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by shamecurls(m): 1:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
Religion is a scam

A colonization tool

2 Likes

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Lovelynature(m): 1:36pm On Jul 17, 2016
I have every reason to believe in the Almighty God. Glory be to my Lord and King forever.
Thank You Lord Jesus Christ

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Nobody: 1:42pm On Jul 17, 2016
@op u aint seen yet.. More blessings coming ur way!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by Idrismusty97(m): 1:44pm On Jul 17, 2016
Wow! Thank you Buddha for this wonderful piece. Now i believe Buddha created the whole universe including your bearded Jew clown and that marauding Arab herdsman. Any question?

1 Like

Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by emmkeffs(f): 1:46pm On Jul 17, 2016
winner01:
22. The Holy Bible

The Bible. Paul wrote that “all Scripture is inspired by God” (2 Tim. 3:16). The Bible itself is proof of God’s existence because He used 40 unrelated people over a period of 2,000 years to write His unique love letter to us. There is nothing like the Bible because it carries the same consistent message throughout all of its 66 different books. Atheists can laugh at this idea, but those who have read the Scriptures and experienced God through its pages know why it is the best-selling and most-translated book in all of history. (Fact: 100 million copies of the Bible are sold every year. Richard Dawkins’ The God Delusion has sold 2 million.)

Christians do not believe that God exists simply because the Bible teaches that He does, nor do Christians believe that the Bible is the Word of God simply because the Bible claims to be inspired by God. Anyone can make claims about whatever they wish. Simply because a person claims to have revelation from a supernatural Creator does not make it so (e.g., the Book of Mormon). However, if the Bible possesses attributes that are super-human, then the Bible proves itself to be of supernatural origin and has indirectly proven the existence of the supernatural Author. American atheist Dan Barker alluded to the legitimacy of this argumentation for God’s existence in 2009 when he explained that one of the things which could falsify atheism would be if God spoke to man and gave him specific information about future events.

Indeed, one extremely valuable line of evidence that confirms that the Bible is the inspired Word of God is the presence of accurate, predictive prophecy contained in its pages. Not only are the prophecies of the Bible fulfilled in minute detail with complete accuracy, but these fulfillments are often accomplished centuries after the prophecies were made. Even the skeptic understands that if this is the case, a supernatural agent must be responsible for the writing of the Bible. That is why the skeptic attempts to discredit the prophecies by claiming that they were written after the events or by claiming that they were not fulfilled in detail. By attempting to disparage the prophecies using these methods, the skeptic admits that if the prophecies were written centuries before the events, and if they are fulfilled in detail, then a supernatural agent is responsible for them. As the prophet Jeremiah wrote: “As for the prophet who prophecies of peace, when the word of the prophet comes to pass, the prophet will be known as one whom the Lord has truly sent” (28:9). Completely accurate, fulfilled prophecy is a characteristic that verifies the divine inspiration of the Bible.

One such prophecy concerned a man named Cyrus and two nations: Babylon and the Medo-Persian Empire. Isaiah, who prophesied around 700 B.C., vividly described how God would destroy the powerful kingdom of Babylon, “the glory of kingdoms” (13:19). Writing as if it had already occurred (commonly known as the “prophetic perfect,” frequently employed in the Old Testament to stress the absolute certainty of fulfillment, e.g., Isaiah 53), Isaiah declared Babylon would fall (21:9). He then prophesied that Babylon would fall to the Medes and Persians (Isaiah 13; 21:1-10). Later, he proclaimed that the “golden city” (Babylon) would be conquered by a man named Cyrus (44:28; 45:1-7). This is a remarkable prophecy, especially since Cyrus was not born until almost 150 years after Isaiah penned these words.

Not only did Isaiah predict that Cyrus would overthrow Babylon, but he also wrote that Cyrus, serving as Jehovah’s “anointed” and “shepherd,” would release the Jews from captivity and assist them in their return to Jerusalem for the purpose of rebuilding the temple. Isaiah's prophecies were recorded almost 200 years before Cyrus conquered Babylon (539 B.C.).

Secular history verifies that all of these events came true. There really was a man named Cyrus who ruled the Medo-Persian Empire. He did conquer Babylon. And just as Isaiah prophesied, he assisted the Jews in their return to Jerusalem and in the rebuilding of the temple.]

Truly, “no prophecy of Scripture is of any private interpretation, for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit” (2 Peter 1:20-21). And, if men were inspired of God to write the Scriptures (2 Timothy 3:16), then God exists. In short, the Bible’s supernatural attributes logically demand a supernatural Author.

23. Experiences with true Christians

Even when I was irreligious and scorned at believers, I knew deep down that something wasn’t right. I wondered why I was inclined to scorn at believers. Most of my relatives have been muslims but the remaining christians that surrounded me made wonder. These people are the ones that God have used throughout my spiritual growth. I bless God for that.

24. Because of available scientific and archeological evidence

Well, i’m a slave to proof. Given the scientific and archeological evidence we have about our universe and its origins, and bolstered by arguments presented by philosophers for centuries, it is highly probable that the universe had an absolute beginning. Since the universe, like everything else, could not have merely popped into being without a cause, there must exist a transcendent reality beyond time and space that brought the universe into existence. This entity must therefore be enormously powerful. Only a transcendent, unembodied mind suitably fits that description.

25. God is everything

I’m not pro-APC or anything but I discuss Nigerian politics once in a while. And so while discussing the other day, a pro-PDP politician friend asked me for the evidence of bad governance of PDP over the years. I couldn’t argue much, i just told him: Look around you.
Friends, God is exactly what I see anytime I open this eyes of mine. Just look around you.

26. My life is not good but great with Christ
Since I started my walk with Christ, I’ve never regretted my decisions. I’ve won, failed, loved and lost. But through it all God has been there. I love my life with Christ and so when atheists try relentlessly to offer me another deal (to no end, as the deceptively claim), I can’t but wonder what’s in it for them.

27. The lives of converts

I dont want to talk much on this. But I’ve seen drug addicts, prostitutes, thugs, magicians, assasins and other scums come to terms with the good news of Christ. I’ve personally seen such lives change for the better.

28. The message of love from Christ.

If you had to give up the life of your son or daughter to save a stranger, would you do it? The answer is of course not. If I had kids, I would not give up their life to save anybody. I’m just being honest.

But God gave up His only Son to save the world - Only God could take on the sins of the world.
It was something that was very difficult to do, and can really only be understood once you understand the implications.

Jesus Christ said: “Love your neighbor as yourself”; If we all followed this commandment, the world will be much better. Countries won’t spend ridiculous amounts of money on nuclear weapons while thousands of humans die of hunger. Companies would reduce the amount of sugar present in drinks knowing fully well that millions of people take them daily and that it might be deleterious to their health. Nigerian politicians won’t steal in billions while their citizens die of poverty, disease and starvation. The houses of God won’t be turned into a den of thieves. Companies would focus more on other renewable sources of energy, and thus contribute massively to the preservation of our world. Celebrities will not focus on money, nudity and sex but hard-work, diligence and trust that can help to build up children as reasonable and useful citizens of their country and so on.
Jesus’ message was the bomb: Love, Love, Love!

29. Evolution

Charles Darwin was being honest when he wrote: “I believe my speculations runs quite beyond the bounds of true science”.
If someone said he had a theory that elephants evolved from prehistoric flying pigs, we might want to see their evidence before accepting it as fact. If they said they’d found no evidence or the evidence was missing, it would take a great step of faith to believe their theory.

Evolution is a belief that in the beginning there was nothing – the nothing exploded and gradually created everything.
It would seem the world’s greatest faith is placed in evolution and its ever-changing theories. Yet generally unbeknown to the believing public, no palaeontologist has presented any supportable evidence of the problematic transition from one species to another, especially when considering more than 250 000 different fossil species have been found to date. The link between man and ape remains missing. All supposed links between dinosaurs and birds have been refuted by experts in the field as unfit candidates.

To date, no one has witnessed any lifeless chemicals arranging themselves into complex information-bearing bio-molecules needed for life. The odds of just one single protein molecule (in all its mathematical complexity) being arranged by chance has been calculated at 1 in 100 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000 000. However, 239 protein molecules are needed for the smallest theoretical life.

It is ironic that many people refute beliefs of Christianity on the basis of lack of supportable evidence, but happily turn to ‘theories’ of evolution, never once questioning – where is the evidence?

Still, many people object to the idea of God, thinking that such a belief is not scientific. However, we are not surprised at how many well-known, respected scientists (both past and present) conclude that there is an ingenious Creator behind creation and have strong Christian views.
G.K. Chesterton was right when he said: 'When men choose not to believe in God, they do not thereafter believe in nothing, they then become capable of believing in anything.'

30. Man is especially intelligent

Man obviously has an extremely high level of intelligence. He has constructed spaceships that he can guide 240,000 miles to the Moon while both the Earth and the Moon are in motion. He has built artificial hearts that can extend the lives of the sick. He continues to construct computers that can process billions of pieces of information a second. He can write poetry, calculate where Mars will be 50 years from the present, and build everything from pianos to PlayStation video game consoles. Man is an intelligent being.

Although there is a great chasm between mankind and the animal kingdom, animals do possess a measure of intelligence. Dogs can learn to sit, stay, roll over, and play dead. Dolphins can learn to jump through hoops on command. Birds can make helpful “tools” from twigs in order to accomplish some basic tasks. A few years ago, two colorful, eight-legged cephalopods, known as cuttlefish, graced the cover of the journal New Scientist. The authors referred to this amazing sea creature as a “sophisticated,” “inventive,” eight-legged “genius” with “intelligence” and a “secret code”.

According to atheistic evolution, billions of years ago “nothing” caused a tiny ball of matter to explode. Then, billions of years after this Big Bang, galaxies began to form from lifeless, mindless, unintelligent particles floating around in space in massive clouds of dust. Allegedly, Earth eventually evolved from such a dust cloud. Hundreds of millions of years later, intelligent animals and humans evolved.

What humans have consistently observed in nature, however, is that intelligence demands previous intelligence. The reason that humans in the 21st century are intelligent is because our ancestors were intelligent. The reason that animals have some measure of intelligence is due to intelligent creatures that came before them. Dust does not give way to organized dust particles that have “the capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.” Water does not think. The mindless mud that evolutionists contend gave way to intelligent life on Earth is nothing but a delusional tale unsupported by everything we know from observation and experience. Neither “nothing” nor inorganic matter ever produces intelligent creatures. So how did the first intelligent creatures come to inhabit the Universe? Just as the first life demands a supernatural life Giver, so the first intelligent beings demand a self-existent, miracle-working Creator of intelligence.

We are experiencing in our world is something intelligence can grasp. Intelligence is part of what we find in the world. But this universe is not itself intellectually aware. As great as the forces of nature are, they do not know themselves. Yet we know them and ourselves. These remarkable facts, the presence of intelligence amidst unconscious material processes, and the conformity of those processes to the structure of conscious intelligence—have given rise to a variation on the first argument for design.

Readers familiar with C. S. Lewis's Miracles will remember the powerful argument he made in chapter three against what he called "naturalism": the view that everything, including our thinking and judging, belongs to one vast interlocking system of physical causes and effects. If naturalism is true, Lewis argued, then it seems to leave us with no reason for believing it to be true; for all judgments would equally and ultimately be the result of non-rational forces.

Now this line of reflection has an obvious bearing. Blind chance is the way physical nature must ultimately operate if "naturalism" is true, void of any rational plan or guiding purpose. So if Lewis's argument is a good one, then blind chance cannot be the source of our intelligence.

Nice one. You are on the right path except that you assume that only one way leads to God which is not right. There are a lot that religion hides from us. Good Job though
Re: 32 Reasons Why I Will Continue To Believe In God by pressplay411(m): 1:51pm On Jul 17, 2016
I guess op is a student of philosophy. This is more or less project material na.
Excellent write up.
The question does God exist or not is timeless and will continue to be just a guess work. God has never revealed nor will ever reveal Himself to man. Even if he did unless the whole world saw him together at the same time descending from the sky we will still have doubters or atleast Until man can shuttle between this world and afterlife and hence attest beyond all reasonable doubt to its existence.

We can all agree the following;
-That this world was in fact created by some thing or some one, so why not call him God?
-That there exists a supernatural force beyond the physical.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Is It Wrong For Christians To End A Marriage Due To Impotency Of A Partner / "Is Abstinence Before Marriage A Realistic Message?" / Fire Of God Will Consume Those Messing Around With Traditional Rulers - Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 111
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.