Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:36 AM

NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals (10039 Views)

Military Destroys Illegal Refineries In Okrika, Rivers State (photos) / JTF Destroys 3 Illegal Refineries In Niger Delta / Navy Destroys 40 Illegal Refineries, Arrests Operators In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:18am On Jul 16, 2016
The Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps (NSCDC) said it has destroyed over 250 illegal refineries and made over 118 arrest in the last one year.

This is contained in a statement signed by the Corps spokesperson, Emmanuel Okeh on Friday in Abuja.

The statement quoted the Commandant General of the NSCDC, Abdullahi Gana has disclosing this in his office.

He said over 40 suspects had also been convicted since he assumed duty in July 2015.
Gana said that the pro-activeness of the Corps Anti-Vandal squad in the Niger-Delta area and other oil communities in clamping on the illegal activities of the suspects brought about the feat based on intelligence report.

The NSCDC boss said the Corps has been partnering with NNPC in ensuring adequate distribution of petroleum products to all filling stations across the country as well as checkmating the activities of unscrupulous marketers.

He said that the establishment of the Command and Control Centre had assisted the Corps in monitoring all the pipelines in Niger Delta.
He stressed that the Command and Control Centre operates 24 hours for the purpose of surveillance of the pipelines in order to clamp down on vandals.

Gana said that the introduction of the Centre led to the establishment of Nigeria Security Energy Command (NISEC) for training of its personnel (NAN)

http://www.herald.ng/nsdsc-destroys-250-illegal-refineries-arrests-vandals

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by kbams241: 5:19am On Jul 16, 2016
Only God knws why I was born a Nigerian. Politicians stealing day and night and it's legal to dem.i wish it is so easy for we ordinary people to leave dis country for all dis politicians so dat de can loot der ways into d grave. Poor man carry chicken na 30years in prison,politician carry $2.1billion na plea bargain. No job opportunity. Na poor man pikin get Npower job and na politician pikin get big jobs Lyk FIRS, CBN, NNPC. Y pple no go steal? Is der even hope for d poor? I doubt

8 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by AngryNigerian(m): 5:28am On Jul 16, 2016
This is...& will keep being our problem in Naija! Why not we find a way to reform d scenario to sound like..."Govt discovers 110 crude mini-refineries; to give soft loans to owners, regulate & monitor the process for improved performance"?!

Have we 4 once bothered to ask why the illegal (zinc, gold, bauxite, silver, etc) miners up there in the North are not evn chased about, let alone being arrested?

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by satelliteDISH(m): 5:37am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian, why are U always angry, it's not good for your health. I will advice U to go see a doctor or better still watch a comedy movie daily starting from today.

Nevertheless, your comment makes sense but that doesn't change the fact that the winner(North) takes all.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by 2prexios: 5:45am On Jul 16, 2016
Illegal miners.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Destined2win: 6:40am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:
This is...& will keep being our problem in Naija! Why not we find a way to reform d scenario to sound like..."Govt discovers 110 crude mini-refineries; to give soft loans to owners, regulate & monitor the process for improved performance"?!

Have we 4 once bothered to ask why the illegal (zinc, gold, bauxite, silver, etc) miners up there in the North are not evn chased about, let alone being arrested?

never knew there were illegal miners upnorth, and nobody talks about them

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by paiz: 6:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Good

1 Like 1 Share

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 9:47am On Jul 16, 2016
grin
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by BUSHHUNTER: 9:49am On Jul 16, 2016
I need death scores/toll not Number of arrested douchebags!
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by tmtech: 9:50am On Jul 16, 2016
illegal mining in the north is the most lucrative bizness..no one bothers u

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Bibors(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2016
When I say some people don't have brains now, some people from some ruling part of the country will start making noise.
Illegal refineries were discovered, you couldn't seal it off for a while and then issue licences to them , you went ahead to destroy them and you still import petroleum products at an exorbitant rate.
Well done Ogas at the Top.

8 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by LilSmith55(m): 9:52am On Jul 16, 2016
and our problems continues
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by paxwax: 9:52am On Jul 16, 2016
Not good
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by yunglivochi(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2016
nawa ooo
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Kaybee14(m): 9:56am On Jul 16, 2016
Kudos to NSCDC
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by perojelly: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2016
Why destroy them, why not add them up and put them under government supervision

5 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by MzMercie: 9:57am On Jul 16, 2016
oga oo
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by JOOHEL: 10:02am On Jul 16, 2016
wetin concern me

I just like the German Shepherd aggression in that picture

#myloveforGSD #100%
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Seungid1(f): 10:02am On Jul 16, 2016
I just hate to see the word ''destroy''...

Do you need a collateral free loan for your small scale biz? Check my signature to get yours TODAY!!
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 10:03am On Jul 16, 2016
u don wake avengers again
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by junnyjake(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2016
Destroying refineries? That just ain't it, How many functional refineries do we have in Nigeria? And you are there beating your chest about destroying the ones u refer to as illegal.

This refineries, if the FG are serious about curbing the unemployment rate, they'd have turn it out into a venture where many would be employed in the Niger delta.

Who's talking about the illegal minning up North?

5 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by emiye(m): 10:03am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:

Illegal refineries and pipeline vandalism goes hand in hand. No sane govt will encourage illegal refinery.

You can only refine crude oil that is stolen in an illegal refinery. To steal crude oil, you will have to vandalise pipelines

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by izzou(m): 10:05am On Jul 16, 2016
Please all Nairalanders should clap for NSCDC

They tried abeg

250 illegal refineries... .. woooow

Sometimes i wonder how the world laughs at us.

2 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by Nobody: 10:09am On Jul 16, 2016
Nigeria is sick! Why destroy? What kind of mentality is that? In other countries, when something like this is found, they reshape it and make it good. Unfortunately this country doesn't know anything other than arresting, detaining. This is madness!

2 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by AdeniyiA(m): 10:11am On Jul 16, 2016
Consider this scenario /analogy, government refuses to provide jobs and hunger is almost killing me, so I decided to get a piece of land to farm, in the process the government decides to construct a road through my farm, I protested but my complaints were ignored nd got arrested for obstruction. Before I got my freedom the farm and crops have been cleared. Years down the line the roads have remained unbuilt.....undecided
This avidly describes governance in Nigeria. You provide your own power, water, security, etc the little they give in power supply is been used to exploit and oppress. What a pity undecided

7 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by junnyjake(m): 10:12am On Jul 16, 2016
emiye:
Illegal refineries and pipeline vandalism goes hand in hand. No sane govt will encourage illegal refinery.

You can only refine crude oil that is stolen in an illegal refinery. To steal crude oil, you will have to vandalise pipelines

Is there anything they are doing with our crude oil aside exporting them?

8 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by emiye(m): 10:15am On Jul 16, 2016
junnyjake:

Is there anything they are doing with our crude oil aside exporting them?
What has this question got to do with stealing crude oil? Vandalising pipelines? Polluting the envt?.. When pipelines are vandalised in bid to steal crude oil, even the Nations refinery will fail.

Crude oil pipelines are laid to refinery spots
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by ngozifred(f): 10:19am On Jul 16, 2016
AngryNigerian:

My thoughts exactly

1 Like

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by sugarwiz(f): 10:20am On Jul 16, 2016
Mtcheewn, I'm not impressed.
Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by shellman: 10:20am On Jul 16, 2016
Bibors:
When I say some people don't have brains now, some people from some ruling part of the country will start making noise.
Illegal refineries were discovered, you couldn't seal it off for a while and then issue licences to them , you went ahead to destroy them and you still import petroleum products at an exorbitant rate.
Well done Ogas at the Top.
Giving them licences to produce adulterated products to damage equipment&knocking vehicles' engines just like adulterated drugs sending people to early graves?

4 Likes

Re: NSDSC Destroys 250 Illegal Refineries, Arrests 118 Vandals by PHIPEX(m): 10:23am On Jul 16, 2016
The Nigerian government is always quick to destroy what they can't build. If we can't maintain the "conventional refineries", why not organize these unconventional ones and modify them for our use? Why should I be mandated to buy from foreign market what I can produce at home. Someone should tell the govt to 'BUY NAIJA TO GROW NAIRA'. These 250 refineries can service the fuel need of a state in Nigeria and their continued existence over the years shows that people are demanding their products.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Celebrate, Pray For Buhari On 76th Birthday / Osinbajo: We Miss Ajimobi’s Wisdom In Governance / Pictures: The Moment Nnandi Kanu Was Arrested in UK By Nigerian Security Forces

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.