Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,709 members, 7,802,140 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey (38304 Views)

Zimbabwe Coup Updates: Robert Mugabe Seen Moving Through Harare / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" / Possible Coup In Turkey, Military Locks Down Bridges That Connect Europe & Asia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 6:26am On Jul 16, 2016
The Coup has failed, thanks majorly to the people who stood up against it. Here are some pictures. Supporters and opposition to the Erdogan government stood up against the coup.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 6:27am On Jul 16, 2016

Coup soldiers feeling the wrath of the people

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 6:33am On Jul 16, 2016
Morning Prayers on the Streets

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 6:39am On Jul 16, 2016
People on the Streets

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by femolacqua(m): 6:45am On Jul 16, 2016
I see a revolution and people standing for their right.

33 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by daewoorazer(m): 6:46am On Jul 16, 2016
Military is overrated in nigeria...here, at d mention of SOL-, they'd run so fast than a cheetah, no b dat same ear go hear -DIER

human right is above d military.

Btw, one man's food is anoda man's poison...this, Turkey threw away is what 'sum' cntry nids rytaway grin

nw dnt ask m wch cntriez

105 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by paiz: 6:49am On Jul 16, 2016
This can't happen in Nigeria.
Nigeria is a place where the citizens are suffering and smiling
The president is a dictator
Where the so called freedom fighters are fighting for their own pocket
Where the military are more ruthless to innocent people and scared when they are confronted with weapons.

But something is for sure one day the sun shall rise again. I support freedom from this zoo I support the Land of the rising sun.

126 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Abeymills(m): 6:49am On Jul 16, 2016
My country Nigeria next we don't want dis useless yeye govt of lies n propaganda

40 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by OZAOEKPE(f): 6:52am On Jul 16, 2016
Those are not military men, they are bloody cowards.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 6:54am On Jul 16, 2016
OP...you think people will come out to defend the government in Nigeria if the military choose to seize power...with all this suffering going? For where...wasn't even this bad under Abacha. Even my neighbor Adewale who campaigned and voted for Buhari will not dare even look outside...he has been sleeping outside since Buhari came to power; at least under Jonathan he was sleeping inside because there was light at night.

152 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by purplesummer(f): 6:57am On Jul 16, 2016
If this were to be Nigeria, the military wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. "Baboons will soak in blood"

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by junketer(m): 6:59am On Jul 16, 2016
The only thing i've got to say is.........if this were nigeria, that armored tank for turn that guy to pap. And again which nigerian youth go fit get liver go lay down for front of moving bicycle muchless a tank? Naija youths after hearing about coup in naija, go be like.....not my problem. But now i think nigerians will support any coup now in nigeria, going by what is happening in naija, who wants a dullard in power

58 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by PureWays(m): 7:00am On Jul 16, 2016
It pays more to be Brave. Nigeria should learn from this.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 7:07am On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:
OP...you think people will come out to defend the government in Nigeria if the military choose to seize power...with all this suffering going? For where...wasn't even this bad under Abacha. Even my neighbor Adewale who campaigned and voted for Buhari will not dare even look outside...he has been sleeping outside since Buhari came to power; at least under Jonathan he was sleeping inside because there was light at night.

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

Erdogan has his many critics but it is better than going back to military rule.

105 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by donogaga(m): 7:16am On Jul 16, 2016
Turkey prime minister says coup attempt foiled
Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan lands at Istanbul's Ataturk airport after coup attempt by army faction put down.

Turkish Prime Minister Binali Yildirim said early on Saturday that the situation in Turkey was "largely under control" after an attempt by an army faction to bring down the government, in comments to Turkish media.

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's plane landed in Istanbul after the announcement was made, officials said, after thousands of people heeded a call from the president to take to the streets and protest against the attempted coup.

Late on Friday, sections of the army had officially declared a coup and martial law, saying they had "taken control of the country" as Istanbul's main airport was closed and fighter jets were seen in the skies.

Turkey's intelligence agency MIT was targeted by hijacked helicopters but the coup attempt was "foiled", its spokesman told NTV television.

Yildirim also told NTV that a no-fly zone had been declared over the capital, Ankara.

The broadcaster also reported that nearly 50 soldiers had been arrested.

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/2016/07/turkey-prime-minister-coup-attempt-foiled-160716001125028.html

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by hope4nigeria(m): 7:35am On Jul 16, 2016
daewoorazer:
Military is overrated in nigeria...here, at d mention of SOL-, they'd run so fast than a cheetah, no b dat same ear go hear -DIER

human right is above d military.

Btw, one man's food is anoda man's poison...this, Turkey threw away is what 'sum' cntry nids rytaway grin

nw dnt ask m wch cntriez
NIGERIA OF CUZ!

3 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by hope4nigeria(m): 7:40am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

Which light at night under Jonathan? Between May and February, Power generation was at its highest in the history of Nigeria, it is only when pipeline attacks picked up that power dropped. Most of the power generated in Nigeria is gas.

Buhari has 4 years. Let him complete his tenure then we can assess. To say, 'Abacha was better' is ludicrous.

shut up dia! What they ask u is! Can you lie down under that armor Tank for Buhari? Answer Now.

82 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 16, 2016
no be only road people block for road, our army kill them, follow some go house go massacre their people...

this is actually a poorly executed coup...

first Target should be the president.... kill him or arrest him, but they did neither...

2nd step is to control the media and they still failed with CNN and TBT back...

dumb soldiers

43 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by tbaba1234: 7:46am On Jul 16, 2016
hope4nigeria:
shut up dia! What they ask u is! Can you lie down under that armor Tank for Buhari? Answer Now.

The point is this...

No matter how tough conditions are in Nigeria, Military intervention will make it worse. Countries pass through tough economic times and get over it. It is a cycle.

I can sacrifice my life for my ideals. It will not be for Buhari as a person but against the imposition of military rule.

28 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by hope4nigeria(m): 7:47am On Jul 16, 2016
Knowledge9000:

This thing still believes in Buhari. SMH...you have very low IQ.
the last charge of the IQ batery has quench so no IQ anymore!

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Fairgodwin(m): 7:49am On Jul 16, 2016
I am more than elated for this. I was actually following this development with very keen interest and I must confess, I admire what the people of Turkey have done. I am more than proud of them - the citizens are fearless and very brave.
We no longer need the military in government in this modern world; we only need them to maintain peace and order, to fight war only when there's great need for it and NOT to rule us [anymore].

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 7:49am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

55 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by marycool18(f): 7:49am On Jul 16, 2016
wink
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by lonelydora: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2016
This is a perfect example of "One Nigeria Turkey". A country where the people are willing to die for it.

Warning: Please do not try this at home, Nigeria. You may not live to tell the story

They guy lying in front of that tank has a very very very very big liver.

15 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by hope4nigeria(m): 7:50am On Jul 16, 2016
tbaba1234:

The point is this...

No matter how tough conditions are in Nigeria, Military intervention will make it worse. Countries pass through tough economic times and get over it. It is a cycle.

I can sacrifice my life for my ideals. It will not be for Buhari as a person but against the imposition of military rule.
eeeeeyaaa! Sory ehn.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Babatindan: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2016
l can't waste my life to stand against any coup in Nigeria, not when we don't even which direction bubu is taking us.

1 Like

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 16, 2016
That first picture, don't try it with Naija Military.

Nigerians will only come out to support and defend a government that favours the masses.

Shey na Nigerians wey no fit buy kerosene of 300 naira per litre or the middle class wey dey complain of gas now being 4000-4600 or people wey never see light for a long time, which light Nigerians, especially Abuja residents want take see, support government? The street lights in Abuja now work once in a while. Streets that were beautifully lit now look like Dracula's boulevard at night.

Nigerians won't defend this govt if a coup was to take place.

Even Abacha's govt didn't bring this type of untold hardship. And Nigerians don't have hope in any other politician under democracy. They are all the same, both old and new wine.

10 Likes

Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by justicejay(m): 7:51am On Jul 16, 2016
I just dey laugh.
Can I say their military are tolerant?
Cos I just they imagine if this happens to be my country.
Re: Photos Of People Against The Coup In Turkey by lonelydora: 7:51am On Jul 16, 2016
Penalty for coup is death.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Egypt Palm Sunday Service Bombing: Blast Kills 21, Injures Dozen / Hundreds Of Thousands Flee US Coast Ahead Of Hurricane Laura (Photos) / Sri Lanka's Economy Has Collapsed: Prime Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.