Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,560 members, 7,801,582 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! - Fashion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (25448 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / Natural Hair Makes A Comeback - 'steals Show' In Paris / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 11:30pm On Sep 15, 2009
^be quiet jare. Add something meaningful to the convo or hush.

anyway

Most models/celebs would be bald if they didnt hide their hair. with the way they have thejm using various hair dyes, highlights, hot combs, etc. Too much trauma on real hair.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chic2pimp(m): 1:05am On Sep 16, 2009
Look @ dis gbefila ooo. Shey Nah u I talk too? undecided
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:42am On Sep 16, 2009
Im gbegborun. Not fila

Lo joko jo.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chic2pimp(m): 1:58am On Sep 16, 2009
Exactly. Fairplay for knowing dat.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 2:21am On Sep 16, 2009
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 3:09am On Sep 16, 2009
not at the damn movie threatre they're not angry
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oyinda3(f): 4:22am On Sep 16, 2009
haha @ the sarcasm there tpia.
i guess the consensus is yes to weaves, and no to natural hair. lol
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 5:19am On Sep 16, 2009
where did you get No to natural hair from?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 16, 2009
no one is saying no to natural hair nah.

All hair is good.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oyinda3(f): 9:25pm On Sep 16, 2009
tpia.:

All hair is good.

yea i agree. real hair is even better. lol
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by oneluvb55(f): 12:38pm On Sep 17, 2009
lol
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Gamine(f): 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2009
Dont judge my hair!

http://dontjudgemyhair.com/

grin grin
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by iice(f): 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2009
Rofl grin grin Those styles are cheesy cheesy

Still like the blond dreads a la matrix twins grin
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Gamine(f): 5:54pm On Sep 18, 2009
Lol.

The blond dreadlocks are cute o embarassed
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Anabel(f): 2:19pm On Sep 30, 2009
you think so,
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2009
[img]http://bossip.files./2009/10/weave.jpg[/img]

Cos you know only black women get tracks/weaves and such
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 11:51pm On Oct 02, 2009
wow!!
well im not against black women wearing fake hair, but STOP SAYING THAT WHITE WOMEN WEAR IT TOO, CAUSE THATS A LAME EXCUSE!!

what does their hair look like when they wake up, and when they go to sleep?
the same way.
white woman are only ENHANCING what is already natural to them, as far as texture of the hair.
black women on the other hand are wearing straight indian "Remy" hair or whatever, nothing natural at all.
so please stop saying white women wear weaves too, cause its true, but they are only enhancing what is natural to them.
black women are doing the un natural and will duck and hide and cover their hair when its not "done" or weaved up.
sometimes, its almost a feeling of shame. they are embaressed by their hair. period.

this thread needs to die now, im outtie.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2009
who is this runt yelling at?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 12:35am On Oct 03, 2009
im not yelling but im just getting so tired of black women using that as an exuse.
thats like saying if they rob the bank, then i can do it too.
i mean, sheesh.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:04am On Oct 03, 2009
Seeing that your hair is relaxed, does that mean you're copying white women as well? Why dont you stick to your OWN hair texture?

why are they allowed to "enhance" or do variety of styles and black women arent?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:09am On Oct 03, 2009
why are they doing this, and why are they doing that?
actually for one:
when i relax my hair, guess what, it looks exactly the same way.
when i relax it, it doesnt look like white/indian hair, does it?
it still looks like nappy black girl hair, just the way its supposed to look.

i only relax it to make it more tameable.
but when it comes down to it, when im done relaxing my hair, it doesnt look like white woman's hair or indian hair.
it looks just like black girl hair.

so i see nothing wrong with relaxers, its weave that im talking about.
so when a black women throws some weave that looks like asian hair, what does that say?
hmmmm, i wonder.

and you said why are white women allowed to "enhance" but black women not?
what are black women enhancing by wearing weave that looks NOTHING like their original hair?
or the same women that wear head scarves or cover their hair talking about "its not done" and some days later have some fresh Indian hair on that head.
enhancing my foot!
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:09am On Oct 03, 2009
anyway, GOODBYE! tongue
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by TOPE20001(f): 1:12am On Oct 03, 2009
THE AMAKA:

wow!!
well im not against black women wearing fake hair, but STOP SAYING THAT WHITE WOMEN WEAR IT TOO, CAUSE THATS A LAME EXCUSE!!

what does their hair look like when they wake up, and when they go to sleep?
the same way.
white woman are only ENHANCING what is already natural to them, as far as texture of the hair.
black women on the other hand are wearing straight indian "Remy" hair or whatever, nothing natural at all.
so please stop saying white women wear weaves too, cause its true, but they are only enhancing what is natural to them.
black women are doing the un natural and will duck and hide and cover their hair when its not "done" or weaved up.
sometimes, its almost a feeling of shame. they are embaressed by their hair. period.

this thread needs to die now, im outtie.

Ok . . .Lemme get this str8
Are u saying it is OK for white ppl to wear weaves but black ppl shudnt? undecided
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:13am On Oct 03, 2009
i said i have nothing against weaves.
but people should stop using that "white women do it too" as an excuse.
trust me, if a white woman is wearing a weave, who is going to notice?
we all can just think its her natural hair.

when a black girl is wearing weave, ITS OBVIOUS.
see the difference?

sigh. . . i don tire for this thread.
anyway, bye.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by TOPE20001(f): 1:17am On Oct 03, 2009
THE AMAKA:

i said i have nothing against weaves.
but people should stop using that "white women do it too" as an excuse.
trust me, if a white woman is wearing a weave, who is going to notice?
we all can just think its her natural hair.

when a black girl is wearing weave, ITS OBVIOUS.
see the difference?

sigh. . . i don tire for this thread.
anyway, bye.

Oh Pls . . . . . . . . .why cant weave look natural on a black girl?
so because my fellow black woman knows my hair aint real, i shud stop fixin weaves?
and abt weaves not looking good, it either ur weaves are cheap or ur stylist is wack honey wink
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:20am On Oct 03, 2009
if you wanted to so much "enhance" you should get something that looks like your hair.
not something that looks like it belongs to an Indian woman.

you obviously didnt get what i said.
i was saying, if a white woman was walking by wearing a weave, who could really tell or not?
cause their hair looks the same, weave or no weave.
she could possibly be wearing a weave just to add length or volume.

but when a black girl walks by with a head of stringy indian hair, ITS OBVIOUS IT ISNT HER HAIR.
you get what im saying?

you cant tell so much on a white woman, cause their hair already looks like that.
but on a black woman, its the opposite.

im not trying to come across as rude, im just saying.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:28am On Oct 03, 2009
Lol at tamable

There are plenty women with natural hair and they have no problem with it. Tamable ko. Abominable ni. What a lame excuse. You relax your hair with chemicals so its no different that using a wig or weave. Sorry.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:30am On Oct 03, 2009
big difference actually.
cause when im done relaxing my hair, it doesnt look like white/indian woman hair.
it looks just like black girl hair, and i like it that way.

just keep wearing your weaves, sheesh.
you love them so keep on!
im only saying.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:34am On Oct 03, 2009
when yopu are done relaxing your hair

IT LOOKS LIKE STRAIGHT INDIAN HAIR

It doesnt look like curly mass that black women are born to have. Stop making lame excuses.

Why make your hair straight? Why not keep it curly?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:36am On Oct 03, 2009
it depends on the brand of perm you use, i think.
cause when im done, it doesnt come out looking that way at all.
my hair is also thick, so it doesnt get straight.
rather, when it dries, it looks kinda like a semi afro/semi not.
my hair actually really doesnt come out straight and is FAR FROM INDIAN HAIR.

or have you not seen the Remy Indian hair that you buy in those $200 packs?
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by THEAMAKA(f): 1:36am On Oct 03, 2009
anyway im tired of flogging this same lame topic.
i said what i said, live with it.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 1:43am On Oct 03, 2009
You've been "outtie" 5 times now. Must you reply?

Stop using relaxer. There's nothing thick and fro-y from what I seen. It's straight.

Stick to the "nappy" coiled hair you were born with. Until then you have absolutely NO right to whine about those who use weaves.

Ever occured to you that most women are actually protecting their real hair when they place fake ove it. The real one is nicely braided while teh fake is exposed to all sorts of situations, situations that the natural hair is protected from.

I'd expect this kind of pathetic whining from a dude like the ignorant, OP, not a female that should have more common sense.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stunning! Toke Makinwa's Outfit To The Fayrouz L'original Show's Red Carpet / Ladies, Can You Drive In Heels? / Earrings On Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.