Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,314 members, 7,808,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:16 AM

If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! - Fashion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! (25456 Views)

Snail Facials: Ladies, How Far Will You Go To Look Beautiful? / Natural Hair Makes A Comeback - 'steals Show' In Paris / How Far Would You Go To Look Beautiful? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Kadabra05: 7:02pm On Mar 30, 2011
that's so true, some wear extensions particularly because they need to prevent their actual hair from breaking. i have natural hair, and lately (ok, for a while now) i have been putting in weaves, because my natural hair is not entirely easy to maintain, especially with the type of daily routine i have. however, i disagree with the men who think that weaves generally make women look ugly, because lets face it, it does make ALL of them do. i mean,with hair, one can only possibly make themselves look hideous only if they have terrible weave conditions, and all.
anyway, i thought I'd comment on this thread when i came across it, because there were various opinion i did not agree with. but the feud seems to have died down a bit, lol. cheesy
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by chi21: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2011
I think a man who can not spend money for this wife, and kids to do there hair is poor. That is my own. Talking about fake hair our mother's did it our grandmother's did it so we learn from them and we are doing it.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Thirst4Lif: 8:27am On Apr 02, 2011
Men can complain until the end of time! A woman is going to do what SHE feels makes her more

attractive! They don't care what a man thinks about it! And good for them. Have you ever turned

down sex from a woman because she had weave? kiss

1 Like

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by InkedNerd(f): 9:19am On Apr 03, 2011
@OP: There a bit of contradiction in what you wrote. How can you ask women "Why can't they just wash it, oil it, clean it,  perm it, and just hang it loose. The more natural it look the healtheir and more beautiful"? Last time I checked, permed/relaxed hair wasn't natural or healthier.

1 Like

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by sunny204: 1:20pm On Apr 03, 2011
I find threads like this highly annoying, wats wrong wit using weaves pls
yea if fixed nicely n with d rite color there's nothing wrong with it
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by vanessaven(f): 9:54pm On Apr 04, 2011
@Poster: get a life. If we were all the same, there'd be no fun in this orld. So long as it's not to your own detriment, allow us babes to be the way we want to be. Na your body? An pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease, Michelle Obama's hair is NOT natural. It is veeeeeeeeeery relaxed. Her choice. I respect her for it. Respect ours. And you are sooooo gay.

And as for those of you saying that Whites are enhancing what is Natural ONLY to them are still living in the stone age. Black women who really know their hair can grow it anyway they please. Yes, I wear weaves a lot for variety. And long, silky hair is NATURAL to me. I'm 100% Nigerian, and my beautiful, unrelaxed hair is down to my butt. Get a life, and leave us alone with our weaves. Some weaves are nice. Some are not. One's own hair is good. Some will make you cringe and donate your life savings to buy the other a wig!

1 Like

Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by jenny3(f): 9:38pm On Apr 16, 2011
It all down to choice, some ladies like weaves some like braids some like to wear their hair natural/permed, whatever suits u ladies enjoy.
2yrs ago I started feeling really sick of braids cuz I dont wear weaves, so I decided to grow my hair natural and keep dreads. Ive been on dreads
for six months now and abosolutely loving it. This best part is when im asked is this your hair? and I can say Yessssssssssssssss . smiley
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by mamagee3(f): 2:28am On Jul 26, 2011
chiogo:

LOL how many people have the money for celebrity weave? All na weave grin
grin grin grin
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by TheBBF(f): 10:24am On Jul 26, 2011
Lol! this is a funny post. Please there is nothing wrong with wearing a weave. I've grown out my hair, but still I wear weaves for variety and to protect my real hair.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 8:13pm On Apr 21, 2012
A
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by WafiJoe(m): 2:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
ThiefOfHearts:
People still respond to these daft threads?

You call it daft. SMH. I rest my case.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by WafiJoe(m): 2:56pm On Jan 17, 2016
ThiefOfHearts:
I wish your iya hung herself before labor then we wouldnt have to read this repetitive trash

Only gays go around whining about what women do to their hair. You're the only guy on the Fashion forum. Arent you embarrassed? Asin

I am sure you are ashamed of this by now.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by keishablack(f): 9:07am On Jan 18, 2016
Hair this and hair dt. I don't get why women shd be judged by their hair choices. The natural African hair if well maintained looks beautiful. So do weaves. The point is to look neat and pretty wteva ur hair choice. I have a really long and full natural hair and I wear it dt way whenever I feel like ( though styling it can be time consuming and boy does it hurt so bad) but I wear weaves too( most of the time). And most importantly my hubby doesn't mind cuz he always says I'm beautiful no matter wt I wear. Now dear, the fact dt u don't like or accept it doesn't mean other ppl don't. So stop judging and live ur life.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by K9blunt(f): 7:25pm On Jan 18, 2016
sexyLeamon:
this is suppose to be in fashion, now to your question, there are black women who wear weaves due to hair diseases, some black woman wear weaves because it's easier to deal with or more suitable for their occupation/profession, finally there are black women who wear weaves to add length to their hair. There are numerous reasons, probably more then I mentioned, but the bottom line is that weave-wearing CAN not and should not boil down to wanting to look like a white woman.
White women wear fake hair all the time. They wear wigs too, so what's the difference? I guess it's ok for a white woman to wear fake hair, but when a black woman does it, they get shitted on. I wear weaves and guess what? I'm going to keep wearing them.

Madam white women that wear wigs don't wear African wigs, but their own textured weaves. African women wear wigs mostly of the white textured , why? Because of the slave mentality.

You wear wigs mostly because you were raised in a society that frowns on African kinky hair and have convinced yourself that it doesn't matter. Carry on its your choice.

The op has stated his opinion.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by K9blunt(f): 7:38pm On Jan 18, 2016
platinumnk:
do you know how hard kinky hair is maintained, yet u sweat over females like beyonce who wear mountains of weave,
if our men like it that way why does it bother u? find one that you like, not everyone is going to fit towards u tongue tongue
Kinky hair is not hard to maintain, google is tour friend, use the time you spend on your fake hair to treat your natural hair then thank me later.
Stop making flimsy excuses and take care of your own
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 9:06am On Jan 29, 2018
WafiJoe:

Not at all.
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jun 01, 2019
Truly thought out! Wow love it!
Re: If You Think Fake Hair Makes You Look Beautiful It Doesnt! by ThiefOfHearts(f): 8:42am On Jul 31, 2021
WafiJoe:

nope. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Stunning! Toke Makinwa's Outfit To The Fayrouz L'original Show's Red Carpet / Ladies, Can You Drive In Heels? / Earrings On Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.