Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,472 members, 7,808,702 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Destroyers Within- An Open Letter To Gov Ambode - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Destroyers Within- An Open Letter To Gov Ambode (298 Views)

Get Out Of My House~ Bode George To Gov Wike / A Clarion Call To Gov Ambode: Lagos Is Getting Dirty - Photos / Senator Ben Bruce Sends SOS Out To Gov Ambode On Behalf Of Lagos Resident (pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Destroyers Within- An Open Letter To Gov Ambode by delvinmaya(m): 10:34am On Jul 16, 2016
Yorubas have a proverb that goes thus “the pest that eats and destroys the vegetables resides within the vegetable itself”. This saying never rang more true for me than today. Was at the barber’s shop and fell into conversation with some fellas. We discussed everything Nigeria and we got talking about the electricity issue. And these fellas had a thing or two to say…….

As I left for home, I felt betrayed once again by the institution of governance in Nigeria and especially in Lagos. The revelation from these fellas shocked me to the marrow and am surprised because happenings in Nigeria have ceased to shock me. And I felt duty bound to bring this to the attention of Nigerians, Lagosians and the governor himself whose commitment to good governance might be undermined by certain elements within and without his circle.

The revelation was about a clean energy company funded by the World Bank who want to set up a power plant in Nigeria. This company intends to use waste to generate power which will be sold at a very cheap rate to Discos who in turn can sell at a cheap rate to consumers. The waste will be purchased from the waste management agency and through a litany of processes produce power, water, and blocks, which will be sold for a very cheap price. Now this is a welcome development, however right from the onset certain elements in the public sector decided to stifle this laudable project. They “hid” the proposal probably expecting a bribe. Fortunately, the brains behind this project secured a meet with a commissioner and presented their proposal to him, twice. I hear the commissioner lauded the project and promised to take it up with the governor and promised that by May 2016, the company and the government should have reached an agreement. After the meet, an “aide’ demanded to know what benefit would accrue as benefits to “them”. The company declined such “benefit” and as such have been cast out, a persona non grata to the offices.

http://megasblog.com/2016/07/destroyers-within-an-open-letter-to-gov-ambode/

(1) (Reply)

Be Patient With Aregbesola, Group Urges Muslims, Christians / Rekindling Hope In North-east Nigeria - FAO / We'll Institutionalise Anti-corruption War, President Buhari Assures John Kerry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.