Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,778 members, 7,806,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store (4335 Views)

Do You Have An App On Google Play Store? / My Messanger App(siomkpo) Is Live On Play Store / Tytit users keep growing since it launched on 7th September (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 10:42am On Jul 16, 2016
About IQSolar
After food, shelter and clothing, the next basic need of human is electricity. Electricity is the bane of a nation’s economy and the search for readily available energy leads man to discover other cheaper source of alternative energy.

In African, solar energy is the most favored source of electrical energy because of the abundance sunlight in the region. However the cost of acquiring a solar energy system is a major challenge, not because the components itself are expensive but because people cannot logically estimate the required number of component required to setup a solar energy system based on their energy needs and budget.

If people can perform energy audit by themselves, they can be able to know the recommended Inverter and number of Batteries they need. Secondly, sunlight intensity differ in many regions of the world, so if people know the amount of sunlight they have in an average day, they can estimate the number of panels and charge controllers they need based on their region. Thus higher the intensity, the lower the number of panels to buy.

IQSolar is a solar app that lets users perform basic solar calculations, to determine the types and number of Solar Panels, Batteries, Inverter and Charge Controller required to build a solar energy system based on the user’s Energy needs and Budget.
In addition, once the user has determined the type and number of component required to setup a solar energy system, IQSolar automatically creates a quotation for the user.

There are 3 types of Solar Installation
1 Backup Installation
2 Stand Alone Installation
3 Hybrid Installations

4 major Component of Solar Setup
1 Inverter
2 Batteries
3 Solar Panels
4 Solar Charge Controller

FEAUTURES
1 Energy Audit
Energy Auditing is the first step a user takes when trying to install a solar energy system. The total wattage of your appliance plays a major role in your budget. Once the app has recognized the user’s total watt consumption, it will recommend the best inverter size, battery type, number of battery and battery duration to the user.

2 Backup Calculations
A backup installation consists of Inverter and a large number of batteries for operation. Here the user relies on the energy from the power grid or diesel generator to charge the batteries effectively.
There is no solar panel required, hence the user has to make up enough batteries should incase the power grid fails to fully charge the battery. If the user wants 24hrs supply, the number of battery is determined by the total wattage of the user’s appliance and number of hours available for charging from the power grid.

3 Stand Alone Calculation
The user is completely independent from the power grid and only the power from the sun is enough to charge the batteries. Thus it is considered the most expensive form of installation.
If the user wants 24hours supply, the number of panels is determined by the number of batteries, number of available sunlight and the type of charge controller used.

4 Hybrid Calculations
Hybrid combines different source of electricity (power grid, diesel generator, sunlight) to charge the battery to its full capacity. It is recommended for users that wants to upgrade from backup to using panels or users who can’t afford the cost of solar installation.
The number of panels required in hybrid is determined from the number of batteries, type of controller and the hours required for charging; from the grid, diesel generator and sunlight.

5 Series & Parallel Calculation
Solar Engineers/ Installers sometimes make mistake in arranging batteries and Solar panels into series and parallel configuration especially when handling a lot of components. This feature can help classify any number of panels into 12v, 24v, 36v and 48v system.

6 Budgets
Quotation are inbuilt in every calculation listed above, IQSolar automatically creates a quotation for the user.

Highlight
• It can calculate the total wattage of your appliance.
• It recommends the best Inverter Size based on the wattage of your total appliance.
• It recommends the number of batteries based on the wattage of your appliance and the number of hours the users wants for a day.
• It recommends the number of solar panels based on the number of batteries, sunlight intensity and charge controller type.
• It recommends a solar charge controller based on the size of panels.
• Series & Parallel connection configuration for Batteries and Panels.
• It automatically creates you a quotation after calculation.
• Access to current price list worldwide.
• It is flexible; allows you to make changes that suit your budget.

Please download, rate and give an honest feedback of my app

Download link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=appinventor.ai_chappelle09.Solarapp

Size: 2.1Mb

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Raydos: 10:49am On Jul 16, 2016

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by OracleHex(m): 10:59am On Jul 16, 2016
Wow you did a nice job bro, Very innovative app, sometime i tried to get a solar calculator app from playstore but the ones i saw was paid.
Is yours free?
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 11:03am On Jul 16, 2016
Yes its free

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by emmyw(m): 3:48pm On Jul 17, 2016
Charpell:
Yes its free
How Long Did It Take You To Develop/Build The App?
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 5:26pm On Jul 17, 2016
emmyw:
How Long Did It Take You To Develop/Build The App?
I used 6 weeks
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by emmyw(m): 5:28pm On Jul 17, 2016
Charpell:
I used 6 weeks
Ok, but Is It Your First Android App?
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 5:33pm On Jul 17, 2016
emmyw:
Ok, but Is It Your First Android App?
Yes, probably why it took time to complete.
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by elvision1(m): 2:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
@lalasticlala
come and encourage.
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Wers(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
Nice one op
I didn’t understand the series and parallel connection feauture, how is it configured for the set?
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Netcontactsng1(m): 11:38am On Jul 20, 2016
Lol, if your app can detect when a snake post is being posted on nairaland, you don't need to call Lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 20, 2016
Netcontactsng1:
Lol, if your app can detect when a snake post is being posted on nairaland, you don't need to call Lalasticlala
Santa maria, that is all i need. Even if all it can do is to crow like a cock when a new snake reaches FP, it will trend like anything.

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by MrKamar(m): 2:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
grin I want to ask you a question if you don't mind. Did you learn programming from a tutorial point or it was self taught
dhtml18:

Santa maria, that is all i need. Even if all it can do is to crow like a cock when a new snake reaches FP, it will trend like anything.

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Nobody: 3:29pm On Jul 21, 2016
MrKamar:
grin I want to ask you a question if you don't mind. Did you learn programming from a tutorial point or it was self taught
self-taught

2 Likes

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by ukorsimplicity(m): 5:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
The app is very helpful just downloaded it. Why didn't this make front page?

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Nobody: 5:11pm On Jul 21, 2016
^^^this is the kind of app that should be sticked to the frontpage permanently for at least 1 week to 1 month, but no, it is monitor lizards, snakes and all sorts that must be there.

2 Likes

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 11:04am On Jul 26, 2016
Wers:
Nice one op
I didn’t understand the series and parallel connection feauture, how is it configured for the set?
The parallel is an array set. The feature is meant for solar installers using large set of batteries
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by nbolaji(m): 11:53am On Jul 26, 2016
dhtml18:

self-taught

Good job bro. I intend to develop an app for an idea of mine. could you give me a lead of where to start from.
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 9:02am On Jul 27, 2016
nbolaji:

Good job bro. I intend to develop an app for an idea of mine. could you give me a lead of where to start from.
Thanks in anticipation.
Java
The official programming language of android app.

Swift or Objective C
The programming language for IOS

2 Likes

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Nobody: 10:08am On Jul 27, 2016
nbolaji:

Thanks in anticipation.
Possiby, send me a PM
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by nbolaji(m): 11:13pm On Jul 27, 2016
Charpell:

Java

Swift or Objective C

Thanks Bro
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by trytillmake(m): 2:29pm On Jul 29, 2016
MrKamar:
I want to ask you a question if you don't mind. Did you learn programming from a tutorial point or it was self taught

dhtml18:

self-taught

Bros pls explain the self taught, it did not just enter yr brain grin grin abi, u learnt from somewhere (books, videos, w3 schools,google, youtube) expantiate.

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 29, 2016
trytillmake:

Bros pls explain the self taught, it did not just enter yr brain grin grin abi, u learnt from somewhere (books, videos, w3 schools,google, youtube) expantiate.
If it cannot enter, then you should be in the romance section and not on this board.

1 Like

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by israelboy1(m): 8:53pm On Jul 29, 2016
lol grin grin grin grin
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by pinkyruledworld(m): 5:33pm On Jul 30, 2016
@dhtml18 how many weeks did it take u to learn the basics of.java. As I wanna.dwell into android development and got no programming skills. tho been watchin some tutorials on Android development lately. (any advice tho)
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 9:21am On Aug 23, 2016
Thank you guys for the downloads and reviews
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 23, 2016
pinkyruledworld:
@dhtml18 how many weeks did it take u to learn the basics of.java. As I wanna.dwell into android development and got no programming skills. tho been watchin some tutorials on Android development lately. (any advice tho)
I have learnt JAVA many many years back like 2003-2004 era, but the only thing i built then was JAVA applets before flash now took over. So going into JAVA/Android was pretty easy for me.
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by OracleHex(m): 6:41pm On Nov 08, 2016
Op can you please add the loan feauture, very nessassary for people who are paying downtime payment for solar.
Thanks in advance
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by sboriolowo(m): 6:47am On Nov 22, 2016
Hello, how can someone get to you on the loan plan?
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by uzoexcel(m): 12:53pm On Nov 22, 2016
GOOD ADVICE
Charpell:

Java

Swift or Objective C
Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by uzoexcel(m): 12:54pm On Nov 22, 2016
lol
trytillmake:

Re: My Solar App Has Been Launched On Google Play Store by Charpell(m): 5:42pm On Nov 22, 2016
sboriolowo:
Hello, how can someone get to you on the loan plan?

Not me, I don't give out loan. I only wrote the program. Companies like African Sustainable Energy provide loan

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

For Young And Basic Web Development HOP IN / How Can Java Take Care Of My (future) Needs? / Simper Server, Psiphon, Http Injector And Other Vpns Come In And Lodge Your Comp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.