Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,253 members, 7,807,863 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:58 PM

Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? (7261 Views)

"My Spirit Husband Is Ruining My Life" - Nigerian Woman Cries Out / Ogun Pastor Got Stuck In Shrine, Loses Consciousness While Trying To Destroy It / The Trichotomy Of Man: Spirit Soul And Body (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by HardMirror(m): 10:01pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

It looks like fuji house of commotion up in here. So Atheists can actually disagree on a simple thing like consciousness.
*chops knuckle with kingebukanaija*

Hardmirror actually thought the support would be as one. I am sure he is even confused himself.

Grow up
I really don't know what you are celebrating, only a man with inferiority complex would let the believes of others determine his. Atheists can't be one. And you seem to forget that we are not getting paid or being rewarded for being atheists so there is nothing lost. Or is there something I am missing? Is there a reward?

3 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by otem4eartum: 10:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
Immorttal:
have you experienced OBE before although is dangerous (because one might not return to his/her body and that results to physical death)the experience is wonderful.
Yes I have experienced it not once, not twice, not thrice. I keep on experiencing it and without fear of death for that matter. Reason why I don't fear death is because I have been destined for a VERY GREAT PURPOSE on earth. And until I have finished it, I can't die.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:10pm On Jul 16, 2016
naijadeyhia:

It looks like fuji house of commotion up in here. So Atheists can actually disagree on a simple thing like consciousness.
*chops knuckle with kingebukanaija*

Collect them back to my brother . There are many things they disagree on but they have to obscure them in other to appear united and fight Christianity

Hardmirror actually thought the support would be as one. I am sure he is even confused himself.

The thread was apparently targeted at religious people and it backfired ! Hahaaha .

Let's see how those atheists who believe in spirits try to convince him . grin grin grin . LWKMD !!! This is so funny bro

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by KingEbukaNaija: 10:16pm On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

Grow up
I really don't know what you are celebrating, only a man with inferiority complex would let the believes of others determine his. Atheists can't be one. And you seem to forget that we are not getting paid or being rewarded for being atheists so there is nothing lost. Or is there something I am missing? Is there a reward?

naijadeyhia, take look at this guy . The reward in your disagreement is the entertainment that would come from it . Imagine spiri spiri atheist trying to convince the other atheist that spirits exist .

Atheists say they rely on evidence and skepticism . Goodluck to both sides showing that grin grin

When y'all starting ? Don't stultify the gaiety we have now with boring swipes at Christianity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 10:18pm On Jul 16, 2016
HardMirror:

Grow up

Why are you interested in me? Am I the one who put pepper In your mouth when you fainted?

Enjoy your morality free life Mr. Man. Try not to faint again nexr time or maybe since you want to be so sure about this consciousness tingy maybe you should carry out a personal experiment and actually go a step further than fainting so you can be really sure. Then when yoh come back you can open a new thread and tell us how even at that stage you still experienced nothing. Softmirror
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by braithwaite(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
[b]
When we say CONSIOUSNESS & SOUL this ain't synonyms. Whoever believes in a *soul* happens to believe in ghost inhabitig, then the ghost being immortal, surviving the decaying body.then *consciousness * from my perspective is an emergent property of a complex neural ssystem, which ceases to be the supporting system, which the brain ceases to be.**Consciousness**is the emergent property of the mltitude of subsystems within the brain interacting with and feeding upon, one another with real life sensory information rather than on memory.and this imaginary parochial view of afterlife is so lame..

The reason consciousness is continuous is that the brain is organized in a hierachy that feeds back on itself, gradually changing and inferring with time and information to generate a probability matrix that can be used to make predictions of the future with noisy sensory information that has never been seen before.

The *soul*is the brain's inference that its state is more than a series of chemical states in billions of neurons, but rather a piece of transcendental information that can never be lost.

The reason the brain believes there is CONSCIOIUSNESS or a SOUL is merely because it is an inference engine, and not a deduction engine, which heavily uses shortcuts ( cognitive biases - algorithms the brain uses to filter and decipher information ) to rapidly make predictions about how best to survive the future.

This works best when the result of the prediction is life and death - as those who make the correct decision stay alive. It works worst on stuff that doesn't matter, like spirituality, religon, a soul, metaphysics and various other crap beliefs,I hope the RELIGIOUS folks won't smach my head,this indicate that one is CONSCIOUS when one recieves sensory data from the real world rather than internal feeds or imaginary consiousness

[/b]
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by orunto27: 10:26pm On Jul 16, 2016
Your Life was impaired but your Soul was intact in you..
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Immorttal: 10:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

This should prove something very obvious
you mean God is not a new thing to see atheist who meditate,it doesnt have to do with believe in god.meditation calms the mind and gives you total awareness of your mind,once you can control your thoughts from incessant wanderings,you are in absolute control of your actions thereby keeping impulse and irrational actions at bay.on a more informative note,i consider myself a pantheist(a disbelieve in any god,jehovah,el,poisedon,etc but a believe the universe itself is the God we been searching )
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by ifenes(m): 11:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
No one can lose Consciousness,but you can experience illusion of being unconscious. One you are conscious,you will always be conscious.

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by gatiano(m): 11:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
It had always been. We will all go to the Spiritual world passing through the underworld. The Ancestors also live in us their descendant. You have all of your Ancestors within Your DNA; This is why we look differently when we look in the mirror sometimes and having different look in photographs. Hmmm! How we also have different looks as we grow.

Elohim1:
Do U Know AFTER LIFE Was Invented 2000Years Ago After Yeshuas Death??
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by gatiano(m): 11:25pm On Jul 16, 2016
You will sleep this night now. And are you conscious of your own breathing? How many breath did to take in 5 mins? If you can say precisely, Then you may be 2% conscious. You are 99.9% not conscious, even when you are wide awake.

ifenes:
No one can lose Consciousness,but you can experience illusion of losing of being unconscious. One you are conscious,you will always be conscious.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by ifenes(m): 11:28pm On Jul 16, 2016
gatiano:
You will sleep this night now. And are you conscious of your own breathing? How many breath did to take in 5 mins? If you can say precisely, Then you may be 2% conscious. You are 99.9% not conscious, even when you are wide awake.

Do you know the meaning of the word "Illusion"? If you don't there is no point me replying you.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by youngestland: 11:30pm On Jul 16, 2016
ooooooooooh I dey vex, very angry with this nonsense after life thing. I hung myself when I was a tenanger in the 90s my people I dint see anything am sure I was there for atleast 4 mins before I was rescued
I was gone, blackout I saw nada and I mean nothing abeg
you guys should stop with this nonsense life after death there is nothing like that

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by gatiano(m): 11:36pm On Jul 16, 2016
Yes, I know. It simply means a lie and a lie can not tell itself, a humanbeing as to tell it. I however won't mind if you tell or give me your opinion.

ifenes:

Do you know the meaning of the word "Illusion"? If you don't there is no point me replying you.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by ifenes(m): 11:58pm On Jul 16, 2016
gatiano:
Yes, I know. It simply means a lie and a lie can not tell itself, a humanbeing as to tell it. I however won't mind if you tell or give me your opinion.

Illusion is what we humans are living today. This life isn't real. What makes up an Atom is 99.9999% empty space. The air we breath in is exactly the same as what our body is made up of. If you look at the World from the view of an Atom,the world will be total empty space. This is a theory new to Science

The moment we are born we are conditioned my our tradition and culture to believe that physical reality is real. Well,it is not real. Therefore the future and past does not exist. Only Now exist which will only ever exist.

If we are broken down to one Atom we automatically have removed the planets,universes,all empty and junk space down to "one" experiencing itself as the "All"

This Atom is all of us experiencing itself in unlimited forms. This brought about the idea that God(stolen by religion) is unlimited. We are the God,one Atom having a multiple/unlimited realities. It is always conscious and will always be. This is why I said one can never lose Consciousness. It is impossible.

2 Likes

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 12:06am On Jul 17, 2016
youngestland:
ooooooooooh I dey vex, very angry with this nonsense after life thing. I hung myself when I was a tenanger in the 90s my people I dint see anything am sure I was there for atleast 4 mins before I was rescued
you guys should stop with this nonsense life after death there is nothing like that

An experiment is never complete until its done more than once. Try it again.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by gatiano(m): 12:19am On Jul 17, 2016
This is my opinion, and I get what you are saying.

Life is very real, yet we can also say we are a physical projection of our Firstself/Spiritual self/Higher self having a specific experience of our various choosen depending on what or who or where we need to fix.

Illusion on the other hand is 20 billions dollars missing from country's treasury and nobody can explain how. The idea that we must have a car and a big mansion is an illiusion, that a person once say in their lifetime "I want to become a doctor, engineer, pilot etc " is also an illusion. This Illusion has to be created by a smart/clever mind/person. England never left or gave us independence, they gave us an illusion that we were, when infact they trained some boys/girls who were soulless and made them comform, this is an illusion and where the 20 billion usd went to. All the bastard traffic holdup on Lagos highway had been planned and structured before 1960.

There is no empty space within an Atom, There are a lot of space between two atom yet that space can not be considered a space. It is Ether. The biggest component within an atom is its nucleus, and around this nucleus is where the electrons are orbiting depending on the element.

The solar system is indeed a big atom, just like the smallest atom without a end. There will never be a time in eternity when the smallest particle would be found.
The distance between two star system on a larger dimension is exactly the same as the distance between two atoms.

And yes, We are all indoctrinated at one time or the other.

How long does a sun take to complete a cycle or 1 day? the answer to this question would determine if one is living in illusion or reality.

ifenes:

Illusion is what we humans are living today. This life isn't real. What makes up an Atom is 99.9999% empty space. The air we breath in is exactly the same as what our body is made up of. If you look at the World from the view of an Atom,the world will be total empty space. This is a theory new to Science

The moment we are born we are conditioned my our tradition and culture to believe that physical reality is real. Well,it is not real. Therefore the future and past does not exist. Only Now exist which will only ever exist.

If we are broken down to one Atom we automatically have removed the planets,universes,all empty and junk space down to "one" experiencing itself as the "All"

This Atom is all of us experiencing itself in unlimited forms. This brought about the idea that God(stolen by religion) is unlimited. We are the God,one Atom having a multiple/unlimited realities. It is always conscious and will always be. This is why I said one can never lose Consciousness. It is impossible.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 3:11am On Jul 17, 2016
gatiano:
And you couldn't remember what lead to that faint period? Most of the time the person involved would not even remember his/her fainting. He/She would only wonder why and how he woke in a strangest of place like the hospital; as in my own case too.

You may have heard the noises and people murmuring but it might also have been that you dreamt it.

No. The last thing I remember was walking back to the sleeping place. It's possible. But it sounded so real.

But there is another time when I heard a clear, audible voice from inside me saying I was going to faint. I don't know what happened after. But I woke up later on the ground. I was hungry and worn out that day.

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 3:42am On Jul 17, 2016
Elohim1:
Do U Know AFTER LIFE Was Invented 2000Years Ago After Yeshuas Death??
Have you heard of ancient kings being buried with possessions, servants etc? The concept of the afterlife was in all civilizations before that.

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 3:44am On Jul 17, 2016
youngestland:

You probably just fainted due to lack of oxygen. And shock.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by bigfrancis21: 3:45am On Jul 17, 2016
otem4eartum:
Yes I have experienced it not once, not twice, not thrice. I keep on experiencing it and without fear of death for that matter. Reason why I don't fear death is because I have been destined for a VERY GREAT PURPOSE on earth. And until I have finished it, I can't die.

I'm quite interested in out of body experiences too. Do you mind sharing your experiences?
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 3:54am On Jul 17, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You know this sis cool . Getting better with this month's new words smiley
cheesy
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Immorttal: 6:09am On Jul 17, 2016
ifenes:

you are a Pantheist!!! Universe. All that is Everything!
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Immorttal: 6:27am On Jul 17, 2016
gatiano:
This is my opinion, and I get what you are saying.

Life is very real, yet we can also say we are a physical projection of our Firstself/Spiritual self/Higher self having a specific experience of our various choosen depending on what or who or where we need to fix.

Illusion on the other hand is 20 billions dollars missing from country's treasury and nobody can explain how. The idea that we must have a car and a big mansion is an illiusion, that a person once say in their lifetime "I want to become a doctor, engineer, pilot etc " is also an illusion. This Illusion has to be created by a smart/clever mind/person. England never left or gave us independence, they gave us an illusion that we were, when infact they trained some boys/girls who were soulless and made them comform, this is an illusion and where the 20 billion usd went to. All the bastard traffic holdup on Lagos highway had been planned and structured before 1960.

There is no empty space within an Atom, There are a lot of space between two atom yet that space can not be considered a space. It is Ether. The biggest component within an atom is its nucleus, and around this nucleus is where the electrons are orbiting depending on the element.

The solar system is indeed a big atom, just like the smallest atom without a end. There will never be a time in eternity when the smallest particle would be found.
The distance between two star system on a larger dimension is exactly the same as the distance between two atoms.

And yes, We are all indoctrinated at one time or the other.

How long does a sun take to complete a cycle or 1 day? the answer to this question would determine if one is living in illusion or reality.

well defined and informative.am not into science,but i believe science holds the answer to EVERYTHING even after life.just that we are still at the "stone age" of science.i used to have thiss notion that the smallest atom cannot be found even with the most powerful telescope.you cannot see spirits because it has escaped the human eye (and the most advanced telescope)into something we termed as another" realm" until we develope a tool that can pierce through other realms or existence,we would discard its posibility.

1 Like

Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by youngestland: 7:38am On Jul 17, 2016
Muafrika2:

You probably just fainted due to lack of oxygen. And shock.

kai which kind people be this
meaning I have to die before I will experience life after death right
so have you guys died before to know what is after death or una family don die before
most of you just read and believe junk books (bible quaran etc) without having your brain process them before believing
meanwhile some of your religious folks dont believe everyone has life after death..... "jehovah witness" what about that

nonsense
you guys should please and please think and stop deciving yourselves
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by HardMirror(m): 7:59am On Jul 17, 2016
youngestland:

so have you guys died before to know what is after death or una family don die before
most of you just read and believe junk books (bible quaran etc) without having your brain process them before believing
meanwhile some of your religious folks dont believe everyone has life after death..... "jehovah witness" what about that

nonsense
Lol
Don't mind them.
Some people would even say you are lying that you hung yourself, but they will not question people who claim to have died and seen jesus. grin
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 8:39am On Jul 17, 2016
youngestland:

nonsense
How sure are you that you died? Did your windpipe break?
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by HardMirror(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2016
Muafrika2:
How sure are you that you died? Did your windpipe break?
Is that how to die Lol
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 17, 2016
HardMirror:

Is that how to die
Lol
That's how people who hang die.

It causes death by using the weight of the body to tighten around the trachea and neck structure with the noose. It's also causes death by strangulation. And takes 10-20 minutes to kill, unless the head didlocates - wiki.
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by HardMirror(m): 9:17am On Jul 17, 2016
Muafrika2:

That's how people who hang die.

It causes death by using the weight of the body to tighten around the trachea and neck structure with the noose. It's also causes death by strangulation. And takes 10-20 minutes to kill, unless the head didlocates - wiki.
But your question was if his wind pipe broke. Does it have to break?
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 9:23am On Jul 17, 2016
Muafrika2:

Have you heard of ancient kings being buried with possessions, servants etc? The concept of the afterlife was in all civilizations before that.
Nope U Lie
Re: Where Was My Spirit/soul When I Lost Consciousness? by Nobody: 9:27am On Jul 17, 2016
Elohim1:

Nope U Lie

Archeological finds have discovered such over and over again. Google is your friend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Atheist @ A Church Wedding! / The Prophets Of Hell / The Quran Fraud Contradictions Or Great Truths?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.