Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,266 members, 7,807,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate (540 Views)

Zimbabwe Crises Is Like A Military Coup - AU / 1980 Video Of Robert Mugabe Interview "No Military Coup Can Remove Me From Power / Military Coup In Zimbabwe: Zim Army Announcer "It Has Moved To Another Level" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate by myhotbrain: 12:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
I read with heavy sadness in my heart how military coup has been launched in Turkey by disgruntled elements within its circle to, once again, turn back the hands of time in Turkey as had been done 3 times within 20 yrs before--1960-1980.

My sadness was compounded when I started to read here on Nairaland how many contributors began to jubilate and applauding the "heroic step" of the military junta who has staged the now failed coup.

My sadness went over-board when I read comments suggesting and even encouraging the Nigerian military officials to "do the same here in Nigeria."

Oh my God: I cannot stop to pity these set of Nigerians, mostly youths and their semi-illiterate adults alike, who cannot even successfully decipher political and economic situation at home; can hardly read a full page of news or commentary on events, but yet jumped on an international news concerning a nation such as Turkey, a nation which is not only more developed but even more complex in all ramifications, be it political, economic, social, international relations etc etc..and using that nation's unfortunate incidence as a yardstick to encourage the stabilized Nigerian military to once again, dabble into coup and possible counter-coup.

Questions:
1) Is the opportunity afforded by Nairaland platform to airs one's opinion a bad one?
2) Is social media platform a curse rather than blessing for Nigerian youths and their semi-illiterates counterpart to engage in knowledge gathering instead of spreading hates and biles out of their hearts?
3) Why should Nigeria be pushed into war-like situation because some sections of Nigeria miscalculated and committed political harakiri by putting all their eggs in one basket?
4) Should it not matter to them that the current government enjoys a 2 million more electoral votes in dislodging the previous government from power?
5) Do they understand what democracy means and stands for?
6) Would they not be better off by waiting for the next voting cycle in 2019, to re-align their political forces and effect a change if they do not like the current government?
7) Who will call these sets of ignorant people to order and educate them before they push this country into a pot of confused soup..lol?

Please leaders of thought across the six geo-political zones, engage your youths politically; educate them and speak sense into them, remind them of the last civil-war and the effects on Nigeria till this day.

"A sticth in time saves.....please complete"

Peace

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate by nijabazaar: 12:49pm On Jul 16, 2016
yawns a big O
Re: Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate by Nasman(m): 3:43pm On Jul 16, 2016
Good bless, President Erdogan of Turkey and the good people for standing up to foreign propaganda to destroy their country. Turks were united in their love for Turkey. I have always been a strong supporter of AK party and President Erdogan.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate by Nobody: 3:55pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nasman:
God bless, President Erdogan of Turkey.

Grand Patron of ISIS? Well, I'm not surprised - Allah has blessed worst people like Brigands, Paedophiles & Rapists in the past, so Y should Terrorist Erdogan be any different? grin cheesy grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate by vedaxcool(m): 5:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
Nasman:
Good bless, President Erdogan of Turkey and the good people for standing up to foreign propaganda to destroy their country. Turks were united in their love for Turkey. I have always been a strong supporter of AK party and President Erdogan.

He proved a huge point to haters especially pootine league of butt kissers

2 Likes

Re: Turkey Military Coup Has Failed: Bad News To The Children Of Hate by Lucasbalo(m): 6:55am On Jul 17, 2016
vedaxcool:

He proved a huge point to haters especially pootine league of butt kissers
You are right on point.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Another Attack On Police In The Us, Three Officers Dead / Conquering Rivals, Defying Odds, Trump Captures Republican Nomination / US Government Sues Town For Discriminating Against Muslims To Build Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.