Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,359 members, 7,800,721 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students (2697 Views)

Oko Poly Students Write Their Test In A Dark Hall (Photo) / Kogi Poly students riot over death of colleague killed by Dangote truck(Photos) / Benue Poly Students Suffer Flood From Early Morning Downpour (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students by greatestman(m): 7:00am On Jul 21, 2016
sammyscholar:
I didn't compare; because I need not to. Your argument is one-way; that is why the balance is lacking. I never compared; I only tried to test the reality of the submissions of your like, and I see they are archaic and not in consonant the present day realities.

The system might have made it that way. And, granted; the structure might have favor Unis more. But are all uni students better than Poly students? This is where I argued from.

I correct you again, I did not compare myself. Unless you had not read my post before you commented; I never expected the phrase: "inferiority complex" from you

Between who and who, oga? I guess you do not know Sammyscholar. You can ask from those who know.

And, you see, I'm only charging my colleagues to come out of their shells because it is time for revolution.

Sammmyscholar look at one of my submission in a similar thread...
"We are all better than our certificates be it ND, be it HND, be it degree, be it PGD, be it Masters, be it Ph.D..
As long as you have enough money to solve your immediate needs, community needs, societal needs and the problems in the world, I think your certificate(s) doesn't matter... make sure with you ND, HND, Degree.. You have enough money that can keep your wife mouth shut at home... Comparison is a game of people with low self esteem"
Re: Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students by sammyscholar(m): 10:26am On Jul 21, 2016
Profkomolafe:
coolPROUDLY an alumnus of THE POLYTECHNIC, IBADAN. Despite countless opportunities that smiles at me on daily basis to pick up a d. E form, I won't, I will go back for my hnd. The disparity or rivalry that do happen between the duo Is a sign of immaturity. Being a genius is in you, not the institution you attended. Being prosperous in life is in you, not your school. Bringing this argument to table, I think I will only cause another trouble. Shalom!
good to know you are an alumnus of my school.
Re: Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students by Profkomolafe(m): 1:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
sammyscholar:
good to know you are an alumnus of my school.
I m proud of you bro . The way you and other learned colleagues represent us(the polytechnic, ibadan) ,especially at the debate section; slugging it out with the acclaimed superiors and Giving them a run for their superiority. A times, I tell myself that being a "GENIUS" is 70% inborn and 30% hard work. Kudos bro!
Re: Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students by sammyscholar(m): 2:14pm On Jul 21, 2016
Profkomolafe:
I m proud of you bro . The way you and other learned colleagues represent us(the polytechnic, ibadan) ,especially at the debate section; slugging it out with the acclaimed superiors and Giving them a run for their superiority. A times, I tell myself that being a "GENIUS" is 70% inborn and 30% hard work. Kudos bro!
It will always be my pleasure to represent my alma-mata any day, anytime and any where.

1 Like

Re: Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students by PrinceofPeace17(m): 3:47am On Jul 22, 2016
sammyscholar:
Nobody can be noticed when he/she has got nothing to evoke it. You can't give what you do not have. So, that you couldn't compete with your peers when you were in poly is not enough ground to generalize; you just check yourself. We have poly students who are already tugging it out with university graduates, even at ND; so wake from your slumber and face the reality.

Besides, you are in no better position to say which is better even though you were once a poly student. You only had an elementary idea of what the system entails. You just have a National Diploma and you are telling those who have gone farther and have seen wider what the system entails.
You said i could not compete with my mates in poly, i wish my lecturers and fellow course mates can see this.
By the grace of the almighty God i graduated with a distinction. I just rounded off my IT two weeks ago.

I think your definition of "reality" and mine sound different. I feel u actually posted this from ur heart and not from ur head. U sound hurt, angry and frustrated probably because of what u have passed through.

The governor of Osun state and the Ooni of Ife are both graduates of The Polytechnic Ibadan. If these men were after HND/B.Sc like you are doing now i doubt if they will make a difference in their society today. You should work hard and make a difference probably get to the post of a president or even a minister of education and change the policy if u d'nt like it. If the above HND graduates can make it, who said u cannot too?

I am proud to attend a polytechnic because its fun to be able to work with my hands and play with electronic components and machines; the best thing i have ever done in my life was my final year project, the feel of constructing and designing it was wow! Which i doubt University students might have, Aldo i was under supervision. Due to interactions with my lecturers i found out some of them are registered Engineers under COREN/NSE and even IEEE. I wanted to get to that level so i made my research and found out that as a poly graduate i cannot be an Engineer rather a technologist. So my dream is to become a certified Engineer that is why i am going to a University. No matter what it takes either D.E, Jamb again or even pre degree and PGD i will fulfil my dream. That is my dream, what is yours? Complaining? equate B.Sc and HND?

Mind you i d'nt say a poly student is dull, i said in Nigeria a University is higher than a Poly. I read an interview about the best graduating engineering student in Lasu i c'nt recall the year, this guy came from a poly and he topped his class. Its all about what you want; the only thing that matters is being successful in life. So make the best use of what you have and pls d'nt waste ur time on HND/B.Sc dichotomy. Whatever you are doing do it well. Pursue excellence and success will pursue you.

1 Like

Re: Incessant POLY/UNI Squabble on Nairaland: A Message To All Poly Students by PrinceofPeace17(m): 4:00am On Jul 22, 2016
This year a guy in Unilag graduated with a CGPA of 5.0 while a lady in Laspotech graduated with 4.0. So between the both of them, who is more successful To be, they are both successful despite the fact that the former was more recognised.

In my final year i offered 12 courses while i bet a University finalist offered less. So i know the drill, but the most important thing is success!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

ICAN Professional Study Packs For Sale / Check Up The Missing Number / How A BSC HOLDER Murdered English, While Defending His Certificate Against HND

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.