Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,286 members, 7,807,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Strong Decoders And Dstv - Satellite TV Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Strong Decoders And Dstv (10765 Views)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Strong Decoders(receivers), Supermax Or Digisat Which One Do I Buy / Strong Decoder Srt4663x And Dstv W4/w7 Upgrade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strong Decoders And Dstv by switched(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2009
Is anybody out there still receiving DSTV signals using Strong decoder?
I've been using my Strong decoder for DSTV for months now but lost all signals a few days ago. I've called the customer care lines severally and even though they tried to help, it was to no avail.
Am I alone in this?
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by Ochukss(m): 1:25pm On Sep 13, 2009
IS it dat d signal bar is red or is it green
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by switched(m): 1:37pm On Sep 13, 2009
Ochukss:

IS it dat d signal bar is red or is it green

It's all green, on all the channels. But I keep getting Scrambled Channel even though my account is active i.e. I pay my subscription regularly and the DSTV helpline people told me that I am not owing and my account is active. In fact they say they can't understand why I am scrambled since everything looks ok from their end.
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by Ochukss(m): 1:55pm On Sep 13, 2009
what is d brand of ur strong decorder?maybe it needs upgrading
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by switched(m): 2:01pm On Sep 13, 2009
srt 4663x
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by Ochukss(m): 2:09pm On Sep 13, 2009
Did u buy ur dstv smart card recently or is it an old smart card
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by switched(m): 2:11pm On Sep 13, 2009
It's a very old smartcard. It's been used for years, and was working with the strong decoder till just 3 days ago.
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by Ochukss(m): 2:20pm On Sep 13, 2009
thats strange. its only new smartcards dat rejects all decorders expect dstv decorders.try upgrading d decorder
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by switched(m): 2:26pm On Sep 13, 2009
Yes, I find it strange too. I'll take your advice and upgrade the decoder. I guess I can get the upgrade at www.strong-technologies.com. Right?
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by Ochukss(m): 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2009
am using str-4653x.i had d same problem with hitv using dis decorder and had no station showing until i upgraded it.
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by switched(m): 2:43pm On Sep 13, 2009
Ochukss:

am using str-4653x.i had d same problem with hitv using dis decorder and had no station showing until i upgraded it.

How did you upgrade your SRT 4653X?
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by Ochukss(m): 2:51pm On Sep 13, 2009
I upgraded with a recent mytv decorder using a wire 2 wire upgrade.meet a technican 2 help u
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by switched(m): 8:50am On Sep 14, 2009
Thanks a lot Ochukss. I did the upgrade and now my DSTV is working perfectly again. I appreciate your assistance.
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by kliverpool(m): 6:47pm On Aug 29, 2011
i am using strong decoder too for some time now.some stations like eurosport and euronews stopped
showing.i called dstv customer care they told me its because i am using strong decoder.

some days ago all Nigerian station and super sport 9 stopped too

i went to dstv office they are collecting strong decoder from people and replace it with dstv decoder but u need to pay 7500
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by donaremu(m): 9:13pm On Sep 22, 2011
Hello guys,

I am having the same problem, just about 11 of my stations are showing.
Is the patach software going to work with 4669X II?
If yes, I need an install area Ilasamaja to assist me, give me a shout at 07028578008.
Re: Strong Decoders And Dstv by dadde(m): 10:10am On Mar 27, 2012
how much does it cost to do upgrading of Strong decoder

(1) (Reply)

Big Dish Fibre Detachable / Gurus Come Here Pls / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.