Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:37 PM

The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest (701 Views)

The Latest WAEC Ranking Of The 36 States Is As Follow : / Moving Sand Found In Iraq Just Like Ocean / Lagos Teacher Brutalizes Student For Not Moving While Being Flogged (Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Bbsharon(f): 5:40pm On Jul 16, 2016
My Thoughts...

Sometimes last year I asked a friend of mine I just met If I could use the WiFi connection on her phone to update my Facebook status. She looked at me like I was joking and started laughing. I was surprised as I stared at her, I kept wondering why she found what I said funny at all.

Then she spilled it out to me,
" so in this age and time you are still using Facebook, like seriously who still uses that"
Then I laughed back harder to her surprise and asked her just a question.

" Now that you have moved from Facebook to the new one what have you achieved so far? What crown have been added to your status or as a feather been added to your cap " I got her confused because to her, what is there to achieve on Facebook or any other social media platform anyway.

While you keep moving from Facebook to instargram to Snapchat to Imo and all, people are making money from this same platform you are using to update your social status to show you are in line and up to date with the latest trends.
Do you know Facebook is the biggest social media platform with over a billion user round the world. What a great platform to present yourself and market your abilities to the world.

People are making meaningful contributions,sharing great ideas and reaching out to millions while you keep updating status and pictures striking funny poses. Mind you am not referring to Mark Zuckerberg or whoever created this social media platforms but young minds like you also who have decided to use this mediums to their advantage instead of posing on cameras half of the day and taking countless selfie.

Before writing this article I decided to download 2go to know if some people are still using that application. Those days being on 2go was dope like the main thing in town then, getting addicted to your phone and joining silly groups and all not to forget those 2go boys that would do anything to want to see a lady's nude (Lol). Supprisingly the application still works and am sure you must be wondering what some peeps are still looking for on 2go in this generation. Something struck me while I was browsing through the application. I saw a business group and I joined the group to know what's up there and I found out different folks advitising their products there with their contacts. Am sure these individuals might not be interested in whatsoever that is going on in the real sense on that application except their product.

The point here is have you sat down and ask yourself why you are on social media at all? Do you just want to post your pictures,videos and also follow other people up checking up on what they are up to ? Have you thought of how you can use this means to better your life or contribute to the society at large ? Don't you think while you are doing your "keeping up and pictures sharing" you can also spice it up by adding value to your life or other people around you.

Don't just wait to move on to the next application to be launched, reason out how the new application will be to your own advantage instead. #ignorethepixs #lol #Justmythoughts.

Lalasticlala fynestboi mynd44

http://www.demitalks.com/2016/06/the-trend-of-moving-from-one-social.html?m=1
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by azeecoboy(m): 5:50pm On Jul 16, 2016
Social media servers different purposes,what u choose to do with it is ur choice....
Thats a nice article up there tho!

1 Like

Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jul 16, 2016
Social media provides a means for users to interact with each other through the internet. Thats its main purpose.
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Bbsharon(f): 6:13pm On Jul 16, 2016
LizGray:
Social media provides a means for users to interact with each other through the internet. Thats its main purpose.

The interaction most people have abused? Am not saying it's not serving it's purpose am just trying to caution those who just while away time with it. Checking up on your love ones and reading important info's once is good and a great one but not when you spend countless time on social media doing absolutely nothing just because you have become obsessed with the media.
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Bbsharon(f): 6:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
azeecoboy:
Social media servers different purposes,what u choose to do with it is ur choice....
Thats a nice article up there tho!

Thanks.
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jul 16, 2016
Bbsharon:

The interaction most people have abused? Am not saying it's not serving it's purpose am just trying to caution those who just while away time with it. Checking up on your love ones and reading important info's once is good and a great one but not when you spend countless time on social media doing absolutely nothing just because you have become obsessed with the media.
Yeah. True.
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Nobody: 7:16am On Jul 20, 2016
I hate wasting my time chit chatting...

Since (almost) everyone have a Email, Whatsapp, or Facebook account, wetin ah dey find?
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Emodeee: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2016
Op, i CAME to collect your number. Beautiful lady, motivational speaker. I'm sure you don't have a boyfriend. I'm single just as you are, oya make we mingle.
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Bbsharon(f): 10:43pm On Jul 21, 2016
TOmmyJidex:
I hate wasting my time chit chatting...

Since (almost) everyone have a Email, Whatsapp, or Facebook account, wetin ah dey find?

Okay
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Bbsharon(f): 10:45pm On Jul 21, 2016
Emodeee:
Op, i CAME to collect your number. Beautiful lady, motivational speaker. I'm sure you don't have a boyfriend. I'm single just as you are, oya make we mingle.

grin grin grin

Sounds like lyrics from a song.

1 Like

Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Emodeee: 7:26am On Jul 22, 2016
Bbsharon:

grin grin grin

Sounds like lyrics from a song.

*singing* i fit sing for you ehh..... Ahn ahnn ahhn.

Was my assertion right though? Right or not, sha gv me your number via my mail. No time to waste timecheesy.
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Allina: 8:48am On Jul 22, 2016
Thanks op, your head dey there.All these social networks wey una dey join carelessly dem dey pay una money? When did wasting ones time on numerous social networks become a thing of pride?
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Bbsharon(f): 12:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
Emodeee:

*singing* i fit sing for you ehh..... Ahn ahnn ahhn.

Was my assertion right though? Right or not, sha gv me your number via my mail. No time to waste timecheesy.

Who is that on your profile picture ?
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by nmreports: 4:31pm On Jul 22, 2016
Bbsharon:

Dami!!
Re: The Trend Of Moving From One Social Media Platform To The Latest by Emodeee: 7:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
Bbsharon:

dats vector. You should know him na. He is a nigerian rapper. Guess you don't listen to nigerian rap songs, if you do, your would know him.

Oh you wanna check me out before you give me you number? Mayb i meet your spec?cheesy. Na wa oh.

(1) (Reply)

JAMB Admission Posting Is Not The Same As Admission List Or Admission Letter / Please My Kid Sister Needs Advice Regarding Her Waec Result. / 54 Unizik Students Get Scholarships To Study In China

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.