Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:17 PM

Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! (10316 Views)

Man Arrested For Criticizing Goodluck Jonathan Marks His Release From Prison.PIC / Ben Bruce Joins Dickson To Celebrate 5th Anniversary As Bayelsa Governor / Burial Of Abu Ali, And Other Soldiers, COAS, Buratai Represents Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by AngryNigerian(m): 8:33pm On Jul 16, 2016
Lieutenant General Tukur Yusuf Burataiis the current and 26th Chief of Army Staff of Nigeria, appointed to the position by President Muhammadu Buhari on July 13, 2015. He was commissioned in 1983 and has had multiple command, administrative, and instructional appointments.

Background and education
General Buratai is from Buratai town, Biu Local Government Area of Borno State. His father, Yusuf Buratai, was a non commissioned officer in the Royal West African Frontier Force and World War II veteran who fought in Burma.

General Buratai had his primary education at Buratai town and thereafter gained admission to Government Teachers College Potiskum, Yobe State, where he graduated with distinction.

Military career
In January 1981, Buratai attended the Nigerian Defence Academy, Kaduna as a member of the 29 Regular Combatant Course (29 RC). On successful completion of his Officer Cadet training, he was commissioned as a Second Lieutenant on 17th December 1983 into the Infantry Corps of the Nigerian Army. Buratai has a degree in History from University of Maiduguri and a degree in Philosophy from Bangladesh University of Professionals, Dhaka. He served in 26 Amphibious Battalion Elele, Port Harcourt, Military Observer at the United Nations Verification Mission II in Angola; later 26 Guards Battalion, Lagos; Lagos Garrison Command Camp. Lt Gen Buratai also served as administrative officer at the State House, Abuja; 82 Motorized Battalion; 81 Battalion, Bakassi Peninsular; Army Headquarters Garrison, Abuja before he became a Directing Staff at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College, Jaji, earning the prestigious "Pass Staff College Dagger" (psc(+)) appellation. Subsequently, he served at AHQ Dept of Army Policy and Plans, Abuja; Assistant Chief of Staff Administrative Matters, HQ Infantry Centre Jaji. Additionally, he was again at the Armed Forces Command and Staff College as Director Dept of Land Warfare from where he was appointed Commander 2 Brigade, Port Harcourt, doubling as Commander, Sector 2 JTF Operation PULO SHIELD. Upon promotion to the rank of Major General, he was appointed Commandant, Nigerian Army School of Infantry, Jaji; thereafter he was appointed Director of Procurement DHQ before being appointed Force Commander of the newly reconstituted Multinational Joint Task Force(MJTNF) under the auspices of the Lake Chad Basin Commission and Benin Republic, an appointment he held till he became Chief of Army Staff.

His operational deployments include Military Observer at the United Nations Verification Mission II in Angola, Op HARMONY IV in the Bakassi Peninsular, OPMESA, Op PULO SHIELD, Op SAFE CONDUCT, MNJTF, Op ZAMAN LAFIYA and Op LAFIYA DOLE. He was appointed Chief of Army Staffon July 13, 2015.

Dates of promotion
Buratai's promotion dates are:
*.Lieutenant (January 1985)
*.Captain (January 1989)
*.Major (January 1994)
*.Lieutenant Colonel (January 1998)
*.Colonel (January 2004)
*.Brigadier General (January 2009)
*.Major General (January 2012)
*.Lieutenant General (August 2015)

Awards
Lt Gen Buratai’s honours and awards include;
*.Forces Service Star (FSS)
*.Meritorious Service Star (MSS)
*.Distinguished Service Star (DSS)
*.Grand Service Star (GSS).
*.Pass Staff Course Dagger (psc(+))
*.Field Command Medal
*.Training Support Medal
*.United Nations Medal for Angolan Verification Medal II.

Ladies and gentlemen, raise your wine glasses as we celebrate one of our best Army Officer and General, the Boko Haram Slayer...Lt. Gen. TY Buratai, as he marks his one year in office as the COAS

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by HungerBAD: 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
Okay

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Firefire(m): 8:42pm On Jul 16, 2016
Good.

'What I fear most is power with impunity. I fear abuse of power, and the power to abuse'. - Isabel Allende

Even St. Buhary dey clap for the rogue. embarassed Looters at the seat of power.

Let the impunity continue.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by edbor(m): 8:52pm On Jul 16, 2016
Respect to the Nigerian military

1 Like

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by mazichika: 9:04pm On Jul 16, 2016
Dubaitai the almighty saver.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by mccoy47(m): 8:37am On Jul 17, 2016
Saint Burutai according to APC!

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Nobody: 8:37am On Jul 17, 2016
cheesy IPOB yoots will flood this thread with cries of dubai properties.

I love the way he crushed the Violent biafran protesters in Onitsha. God bless Buhari and Buratai.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Victorakats(m): 8:39am On Jul 17, 2016
Though a man with many controversial stories, I can say that he has been able to contain the insurgency to a large extent which is a great gain for Nigeria as a country.
Maybe he should also consider tackling the current spate of religious intolerance, and what we're now forced to believe as fulani herdsmen attack.
BEST WISHES to him.

4 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by princeakins(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2016
mrkayusfit:
cheesy IPOB yoots will flood this thread with cries of dubai properties

Laffffffffin in Yoruba

U gerrit.. let wait for dem

Mk i chop suya cheesy cool

3 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by wunmi590(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2016
Ok, congratulations to him, but you are still with our yam which you use to invest in snake and house in dubai tongue

3 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by bigboss80s(m): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2016
To be fair to him he headed the offensive that effectively shut down Boko Haram.

But if Buhari wants to show Nigerians that he is fighting corruption without fear or favour then Buratai must go.

It is not enough to fight corruption. You must be SEEN to be fighting corruption.

9 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by vickyvwoke3(f): 8:40am On Jul 17, 2016
so??
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by ifeelgood: 8:41am On Jul 17, 2016
Those that are behind you are more than those that are against you.

1 Like

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by jaydee8(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2016
Ii
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Kxngstein(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2016
They always graduate with "distinction"

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Greataausim(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2016
Happyone year stayed in office as COAS.....
May God give him the wisdoms and understanding to carry on with his good work....

1 Like

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Generalkorex(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Princelegacylemoha(m): 8:42am On Jul 17, 2016
Commuters

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Nobody: 8:43am On Jul 17, 2016
so this guys strolls free and Buhari is fighting corruption

grin grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by greatiyk4u(m): 8:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Firefire:
Good.

What I fear most is power with impunity. I fear abuse of power, and the power to abuse. - Isabel Allende

Let the impunity continue.

Wetin dis person dey yarn self?

Mehn this man deserves celebrating as an accomplished officer
......why then do we think this man cannot get a meager $2.5million to buy Dubai properties from the allowances, impress and other entitlements from the offices of all the high profile positions he has occupied?

I think this man's only crime is because he was in the Army if he was a banker, corporate organization leadership position, oil industry, I don't think people will accuse him of looting by mere intuition and suspicion since he hasn't yet been indicted.....

However, he should be sanctioned and dealt with if found guilty of stealing our collective wealth

How come our own peoples General PMB no get any of these awards like PSC,FSS,DSS,MSS,GSS abi the awards no dey exist during his own time?

Anyway whatever sha SAI BUHARI

2 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by yjgm(m): 8:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Happy anniversary COAS. May your days be long if you mean well for Nigeria on that seat.
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Freelancer007(m): 8:43am On Jul 17, 2016
Ok
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 17, 2016
Yes the Almighty 5% have arrived.... where is that corrupt buruntashi.... Efcc (in pastors voice ) what re u still waiting for? catch bY fire!! catch bY fire!! catch bY fire!!
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Firefire(m): 8:44am On Jul 17, 2016
greatiyk4u:

Wetin dis person dey yarn self?

Mehn this man deserves celebrating as an accomplished officer

How come our own peoples General PMB no get any of these awards like PSC,FSS,DSS,

1 Like

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Nobody: 8:44am On Jul 17, 2016
ifeelgood:
THE FOOL CALLED GOODLUCK JONATHAN.
Dear Readers,
Before any of you introduce your sermon to me, be rest assured that this post may end well, or may not go down well with you.
It pains my heart to write this, and to ever imagine that the Niger Delta ever had a President like goodluck.
I make bold to say that the pains and agony that commuters pass through on the Calabar/Itu road will never depart from GEJ 's household.
Commuters have been robbed on that spot because a foolish man who came from Bayelsa presided over the affairs of this Nation.
Many have slept on the road.
A foolish President who rather developed the Northern part of Nigeria as against the South South.
An on the spot assessment will tell you that there was never a government in place.
It was a conglomerate of vultures chewing the raw meat in Nigeria.
I urge Buhari to hasten up and jail every fool that wined and dined with Jonathan.
May my generation never fail this country the way a clueless Otuoke fool did.
This cup shall someday pass away from the South South.
I will tell my generations, that there existed a period Nigeria never had a President but a vulture. 2010-2015.
I am not a wailer, I am a voice yearning for a better governance.

are you done, ?

now that we dont have a foolish president i can see how good things are going undecided undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by jaydee8(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2016
If Buhari likes he should even add the position of the efcc chairman to buratai's office because he is a saint..

Useless government

Nonsense..

1 Like

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by Taiwopeters(m): 8:46am On Jul 17, 2016
That is my man..... A man of valor. God bless me, God bless the Nigerian Army, God bless Nigeria
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by tsamson(m): 8:48am On Jul 17, 2016
This man is a proud member of Nigerian Association of Yam Eater....

Lalasticlala should ban the OP for this post

1 Like

Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by bukynkwuenu: 8:49am On Jul 17, 2016
buharitai the protector of dullardeen
Re: Buratai Marks His 1 Year Anniversary As The COAS!!! by DickDastardly(m): 8:49am On Jul 17, 2016
Manuel neur + Peter cech = Dubaitai the saviour

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kaduna Guber: Ashiru, PDP Move To Dethrone El-rufai, Seek Recount Of Ballot / Donald Duke, Ogunlewe, Call For Addition Of Portfolios In Ministerial Screening / World Bank Approves $500 Million To Support Nigeria’s Power Sector

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.