Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,151 members, 7,807,505 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 02:23 PM

Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House (2297 Views)

Mugabe Refuses To Relinquish Power, Says Until He Dies / Germany Refuse To Apologize For Satanic Genocide Against The Namibians / Jimmy Carter: Obama Heckler Is A Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by lannre(m): 8:06pm On Sep 13, 2009
Module body

Sun Sep 13, 11:22 AM

WASHINGTON (AFP) - The lawmaker who shouted "You lie!" at President Barack Obama during his speech to Congress on health care said Sunday he would not make a further apology on the floor of the House.

ADVERTISEMENT

Republican congressman Joe Wilson has already apologized to the president -- and had that apology accepted -- but still faces possible censure if he fails to stand up and issue another one in the House of Representatives.

"I am not going to apologize again. I apologized to the president on Wednesday night," Wilson told Fox News. "People know my civility, they know that this was a one-time event and was out of frustration."

Leaders of the Democrat-led House have threatened to censure Wilson if he fails to issue a formal apology on the chamber floor, calling his outburst during Wednesday's keynote Obama speech a shocking breach of political decorum.

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/afp/090913/usa/us_public_health_obama_wilson
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by MrCrackles(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2009
Heckling is part and parcel of it. . .
Abeg make dem move on, i doubt Obama is ruffled anyway!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Basildon1(m): 12:18am On Sep 14, 2009
If he had the ballz to do that in the House then i think it's only fair that he has the brainz to also apologize in the same place too, Obama vs Capitalist America
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Kobojunkie: 12:31am On Sep 14, 2009
Abegi!!! I am with @McCrackles, He has a right to heckle. He apologized to obama and we all need to move on already. ENough is the meaningless bickering when there are bigger things to deal with here.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 1:56am On Sep 14, 2009
Kobojunkie:

Abegi!!! I am with @McCrackles, He has a right to heckle. He apologized to obama and we all need to move on already. ENough is the meaningless bickering when there are bigger things to deal with here.
Tell them, afterall they always heckle at Bush. lipsrsealed
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Kobojunkie: 1:58am On Sep 14, 2009
IGWE_USA:

That is the more reason why people need to get over themselves, and realize that heckling is not NEW here. Bush suffered it, why shouldn't Obama?
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 2:01am On Sep 14, 2009
IGWE_USA:

No one EVER heckled Bush on national TV or in the chambers of congress. Infact Obama is the FIRST US president to be heckled by a serving congressman while giving a speech to a joint session of congress.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 2:33am On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

No one EVER heckled Bush on national TV or in the chambers of congress. Infact Obama is the FIRST US president to be heckled by a serving congressman while giving a speech to a joint session of congress.

I just cant deduce your point . . . . . .the liberals have always heckled Bush in the public/the national TV by their serving legislators and ridiculed him with all sorts of caricature. That Obama was heckled in the Chambers  makes no diferrence at all, just dont make it so significant . . . .Obama is yet to wave throuugh the difficult terrains most of his predecessors did.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 2:36am On Sep 14, 2009
IGWE_USA:

I just cant deduce your point . . . . . .the liberals have always heckled Bush in the public/the national TV by their serving legislators and ridiculed him with all sorts of caricature. That Obama was heckled in the Chambers makes no diferrence at all, just dont make it so significant .

Because you're not interested in deducing the point. No one ever broke traditional capitol protocol to heckle a sitting US president either on national TV or during an address to joint session of congress. You seem more interested in belittling Obama than looking at the broader picture.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by chic2pimp(m): 2:38am On Sep 14, 2009
OBAMA carry go jare. Norrin spoil. cool cool cool.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 2:45am On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

Because you're not interested in deducing the point. No one ever broke traditional capitol protocol to heckle a sitting US president either on national TV or during an address to joint session of congress. You seem more interested in belittling Obama than looking at the broader picture.

FYI, I'm not a white pleaseee. As I said ealier, you are just trying to make it so significant by calling it a breach of protocol because it was done by one republican congressman.   Let me tell you, in the second to last state of the union address of GW Bush, Democratic legislators always shout out in group whenever Bush read a line they disagreed on. . . .Lets call a spade a spade. If you didnt see anything wrong with that, then suck it up.
I think is hightime my black brothers should relieve themselves from the shackles of white demcrats who are ready to use them to play the race politics for their advantage.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 2:48am On Sep 14, 2009
IGWE_USA:

FYI, I'm not a white pleaseee. As I said ealier, you are just trying to make it so significant by calling it a breach of protocol because it was done by one republican congressman.   Let me tell you, in the second to last state of the union address of GW Bush, Democratic legislators always shout out in group whenever Bush read a line they disagreed on. If you didnt see anything wrong with that, then suck it up.
I think is hightime my black brothers should relieve themselves from the shackles of white demcrats who are ready to use them to play the race politics.

I saw the igwe in your name so i know you're not white.

Here are basic facts . . . republicans also shouted out in groups and even waved prepared papers at Obama and no one complained. It is openly interrupting a president during his speech that is the problem and NO OTHER US PRESIDENT has ever faced such ridicule. FACE THE FACTS!

Bush was given 7 yrs to mess the country up before democrats started heckling him, can you all pls at least give Obama 10 months?

Sorry we dont need white democrats . . . the problem is the white republicans dont regard you as a friend either. You're simply the token black they can trot out so they can couch their blatant racism.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by AloyEmeka6: 2:53am On Sep 14, 2009
Obama is not worried but Americans need to demand a comprehensive apology from that fool. He is such a thug and i do not see any difference between him and the guy who threw his sandals at Bush in Iraq. The frustration among republicans is growing everyday borne out of nothing substantial but pure envy. I think they need to beef up the security around Obama. 90% of these republican congressmen are no more interested in the affairs of this country, they are just there to do whatever they can just to frustrate this guy and make him a failure.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 3:38am On Sep 14, 2009
davidylan:

Here are basic facts . . . republicans also shouted out in groups and even waved prepared papers at Obama and no one complained. It is openly interrupting a president during his speech that is the problem and NO OTHER US PRESIDENT has ever faced such ridicule. FACE THE FACTS!

Bush was given 7 yrs to mess the country up before democrats started heckling him, can you all pls at least give Obama 10 months?

Sorry we dont need white democrats . . . the problem is the white republicans dont regard you as a friend either. You're simply the token black they can trot out so they can couch their blatant racism.
The highlighted line just showed that you democrats really know the game you guys are playing. . . . you just indicted yourself right there. If you condone heckling Bush 7yrs towards the end of his administration, then you should also do so in regard to Obama. Dont be a hypocrite, Heckling at anytime is still Heckling.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by AloyEmeka6: 4:49am On Sep 14, 2009
This igwe bigot is not worth my time. People like him are empty otimkpu who makes noise because one bigwig in town asks him to do so. Its like in Nigeria, the elites use tribalism to achieve power and turn around to dump the same kinsmen who helped them to that power. They quickly forget that igbo hates hausa; hausa hates Yoruba and Yoruba hates igbo whenever it's time for them to fellowship and share our looted funds amidst women and champagne in an exclusive resort. They forgot their tribal differences while sharing our looted funds and dump the likes of ikeymann, sjeezy, becomeroach, etc in nairaland to vent the remaining tribal and racial anger left in them until the next election period. That is what republicans are doing with Igwe; I doubt if he understands the rudiments of republicanism because so far, he is unable to provide even one. Enough of the tantrums please.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 5:20am On Sep 14, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

This igwe bigot is not worth my time. People like him are empty otimkpu who makes noise because one bigwig in town asks him to do so. Its like in Nigeria, the elites use tribalism to achieve power and turn around to dump the same kinsmen who helped them to that power. They quickly forget that igbo hates hausa; hausa hates Yoruba and Yoruba hates igbo whenever it's time for them to fellowship and share our looted funds amidst women and champagne in an exclusive resort. They forgot their tribal differences while sharing our looted funds and dump the likes of ikeymann, sjeezy, becomeroach, etc in nairaland to vent the remaining tribal and racial anger left in them until the next election period. That is what republicans are doing with Igwe; I doubt if he understands the rudiments of republicanism because so far, he is unable to provide even one. Enough of the tantrums please.
Jeez!! I never solicited for your time . . . . You just chose to be ranting like a rabies infected dog. I can see the reason why your girl Tpiah always
enjoy rattling with you.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by FBS: 9:46am On Sep 14, 2009
The donkey called joe whatever should apologise on national TV. The guy is a GOAT!
NO sitting PRESIDENT has ever been heckled (not that Obama gives a damn  tongue) in the chambers of congress. Highly disrespectful. And what was the subject of concern? Health coverage for Illegal immigrants? Obama made it clear that his plan does not include such. Why call him a liar then?

Most republicans and the so called conservatives are GOATS!!! They are no longer interested in the country. They just want to see the president fail.
They have no other sound alternatives yet they are crying over nothing. Bunch of lunatics.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 4:50pm On Sep 14, 2009
chic2pimp:

OBAMA carry go jare. Norrin spoil. cool cool cool.
na person wey don jam block you say make him carry go?
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Epiphany(m): 6:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
OMO IBO:

na person wey don jam block you say make him carry go?

Jam block kee. . . then that block go soon scatter!
One thing i see about Obama is that the guy is cool headed and seems to ALWAYS get his way. Even if the 'lie shouter' did or does not apologize, i doubt that Obama would be worried.

davidylan:

True, no one ever shouted at Bush on national TV. All references to Bush's foolishness were done out of chambers. That much was said on CNN. . . and that is why this 'outburst' made so much news, as it is the first in history
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by 4Play(m): 7:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
Joe Wilson's 15 minutes of infamy notwithstanding, Democrats were pretty rough on George W. Bush during a joint sessions a few years back.

Two examples:

In 2004, Democrats delivered a “Chorus Of Boos” during Bush's Bush’s State Of The Union when he called for renewal of the Patriot Act., according to the Washington Times.

In 2005, Dems howled, hissed and shouted "No!" when Bush pushed for Social Security reform in the SOU: "Foreshadowing the contentiousness of the coming debate, Democrats broke decorum and booed twice," according to the National Journal.

At the time, CNN's Bill Schneider remarked, “It was unusual. I had never heard it at least at that level before. The Democrats clearly were booing, heckling, saying no when the president talked about the crisis in Social Security."

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0909/Dems_heckled_Bush_but_Wilson_was_different.html

Those Democrats must be a bunch of racists for having the audacity to heckle Bush.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 8:03pm On Sep 14, 2009
4 Play:

http://www.politico.com/blogs/glennthrush/0909/Dems_heckled_Bush_but_Wilson_was_different.html

Those Democrats must be a bunch of racists for having the audacity to heckle Bush.

You can say that adnauseam!! Those guys are bunch of racist and hypocrites . . . . they never hesitate to take advantage of the black president to
play their frivolous race card. Even our black brothers cant even deduce that they are being used by these white liberals.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by preselect(m): 11:24pm On Sep 14, 2009
i think he has apologised to the president and we should move on. that should be enough.

as for those saying the democrats heckled bush, let me say this, no one shouted out at the US president in the joint session and called him a liar. sometimes congresmen protest saying noooo, etc or make some noise, but no one came out to call the president a liar. it was unprecedented.

not even in the chaotic house of commons can someone call the prime minister a liar. the can boo, shout, make noise but they cant call him a liar. or say u lied. someone did it to magareth thatcher and he was walked out immediately, he came back said it again and again he was walked out. there should be some respect in the congress.

but like i said, the guy has apologised and we should move on. talking about it now will make the guy get more defiant and popular/notorious. and he will further energise the psychotic right wing demagogues.

he deserves to be ignored
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 12:07am On Sep 15, 2009
@topic,

What has amused me so far in this discussion is how people have ignored the veracity or otherwise of Wilson's "you lie" outburst! One thing is for sure, either Obama was really lying or Wilson lied.

So who is the real liar - Obama or Wilson?
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 12:12am On Sep 15, 2009
Tayo-D:

@topic,

What has amused me so far in this discussion is how people have ignored the veracity or otherwise of Wilson's "you lie" outburst! One thing is for sure, either Obama was really lying or Wilson lied.

So who is the real liar - Obama or Wilson?

you tell us, since you know it all.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 12:17am On Sep 15, 2009
@davidylan,

you tell us, since you know it all.
Of course I know it all. Godlike as I am, it is to my glory to not be explicit. Mere human that you are, it is to your glory to seek for the answers. So what have you found out miserable earthling?!  tongue
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 12:23am On Sep 15, 2009
Tayo-D:

@davidylan,
Of course I know it all. Godlike as I am, it is to my glory to not be explicit. Mere human that you are, it is to your glory to seek for the answers. So what have you found out miserable earthling?!  tongue

Thou lord, unto thee belong all the intelligence and foresight.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by TayoD1(m): 12:41am On Sep 15, 2009
@davidylan,

Thou lord, unto thee belong all the intelligence and foresight.
This day has salvation come unto thee. To maintain your salvation, only follow my ten commandments.

1. Thou shalt not put Obama before me.
2. Thou shalt not substitutue private care for Obama Care.
3. Thou shalt not call me by no stupid name.
4. Remember the RNC convention days to keep them holy.
5. Honor your conservative leaders that your days in freedom may be long.
6. Thou shalt not murder babies in the name of reproductive healthcare.
7. Thou shalt not "have any sexual relations" with White House interns.
8. Thou shalt not take kickbacks for political appointments.
9. Thou shalt not commit perjury.
10. Thou shalt not covet the Presidency. I created liberals to follow and not lead.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by Nobody: 12:45am On Sep 15, 2009
Tayo-D:

@davidylan,
This day has salvation come unto thee. To maintain your salvation, only follow my ten commandments.

1. Thou shalt not put Obama before me.
2. Thou shalt not substitutue private care for Obama Care.
3. Thou shalt not call me by no stupid name.
4. Remember the RNC convention days to keep them holy.
5. Honor your conservative leaders that your days in freedom may be long.
6. Thou shalt not murder babies in the name of reproductive healthcare.
7. Thou shalt not "have any sexual relations" with White House interns.
8. Thou shalt not take kickbacks for political appointments.
9. Thou shalt not commit perjury.
10. Thou shalt not covet the Presidency. I created liberals to follow and not lead.

thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by adconline(m): 6:12am On Sep 15, 2009
igweusa
I'm not a white pleaseee. As I said ealier, you are just trying to make it so significant by calling it a breach of protocol because it was done by one republican congressman.   Let me tell you, in the second to last state of the union address of GW Bush, Democratic legislators always shout out in group whenever Bush read a line they disagreed on. If you didnt see anything wrong with that, then suck it up.
I think is hightime my black brothers should relieve themselves from the shackles of white demcrats who are ready to use them to play the race politics.

Can you tell us succinctly when G Bush was heckled while delivering  speech at the chambers? lets call a spade, even  John McCain was
against his action immediately after the speech. Some of these folks cannot stomach the fact that a colored president is marshaling out plans on how to move  "their"   America forward. A  congressman said he would want a white man to stop Obama. Having said all that, do you really think that you can win a precinct captain in republican dominated enclave in SC or MS?
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by RichyBlacK(m): 7:31am On Sep 15, 2009
davidylan:

@davidylan,

Let me tell you what's happening. Those rednecks in the proverbial middle America are still experiencing political rigor mortis on the fact that a black president is in the White House. This whole thing is based on race!

Joe Wilson is a confirmed bastard and if I come within five feet of him, I will be arrested for misdemeanor spontaneous battery of an asshole! He represents those useless, racist, bitter white trash elements who are dying every minute a black man directs the affairs of the home of the brave.

This disrespect of Obama has even reached the point where Laura Bush has come out to defend Obama.

Those Republican racist pigs will die from the bitterness and hate that has destroyed the innards of their ugly souls!
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by RichyBlacK(m): 7:34am On Sep 15, 2009
adconline:

igweusa
I'm not a white pleaseee. As I said ealier, you are just trying to make it so significant by calling it a breach of protocol because it was done by one republican congressman.   Let me tell you, in the second to last state of the union address of GW Bush, Democratic legislators always shout out in group whenever Bush read a line they disagreed on. If you didnt see anything wrong with that, then suck it up.

Can you tell us succinctly when G Bush was heckled while delivering  speech at the chambers? lets call a spade, even  John McCain was
against his action immediately after the speech. Some of these folks cannot stomach the fact that a colored president is marshaling out plans on how to move  "their"   America forward. A  congressman said he would want a white man to stop Obama. Having said all that, do you really think that you can win a precinct captain in republican dominated enclave in SC or MS?

It's all about race. Only those who choose to be blind remain oblivious of the glaring fact that the Republican party is dying relic in this age.

The liberals must continue fighting the imbeciles called Republicans and must not back down.

Joe Wilson must be dealt with in the next election so that his opponent kicks him out of office.

Finally, may God punish Joe Wilson for disrespecting Obama in that way! angry
Re: Obama Heckler Refuses To Apologize In The House by IGWEUSA(m): 7:59am On Sep 15, 2009
RichyBlacK:

It's all about race. Only those who choose to be blind remain oblivious of the glaring fact that the Republican party is dying relic in this age.
The liberals must continue fighting the imbeciles called Republicans and must not back down.
Joe Wilson must be dealt with in the next election so that his opponent kicks him out of office.
b]Finally, may God punish Joe Wilson for disrespecting Obama in that way![/b] angry

You liberals may keep on blowing the same line of tantrums adnauseam, but dont bring in the[i] name of God [/i] in this debate;afterall you guys are the party of gay, lesbianism, abortion and all sorts of devilish atrocities.
Where were you when Bush was disrespected by liberals through out his administration? . . . . Ok. lemme just call it hypocrisy.

May be you can glance through this politico article and refute any of your objection.

Joe Wilson's 15 minutes of infamy notwithstanding, Democrats were pretty rough on George W. Bush during a joint sessions a few years back.

Two examples:

[b]In 2004, Democrats delivered a “Chorus Of Boos” during Bush's Bush’s State Of The Union when he called for renewal of the Patriot Act., according to the Washington Times.

In 2005, Dems howled, hissed and shouted "No!" when Bush pushed for Social Security reform in the SOU:  "Foreshadowing the contentiousness of the coming debate, Democrats broke decorum and booed twice," according to the National Journal.

At the time, CNN's Bill Schneider remarked,  “It was unusual. I had never heard it at least at that level before. The Democrats clearly were booing, heckling, saying no when the president talked about the crisis in Social Security."

Moreover, Obama's claim that illegal immigrants won't be covered -- which sparked Wilson's outburst -- while technically accurate, doesn't quite tell the entire story. Some of the bills being considered in the House and Senate contain provisions locking in local statutes that prevent providers from inquiring about immigration status prior to treatment. And illegals are treated, and are bound to be treated, in ERs, covered by local, state and federal uninsured pools.

So why the outcry over Wilson?

I think it's because Congressional Republicans have used the health care debate to vent a deeper, uglier contempt for Obama that verges on the personal.

They've done little to discourage the party's fringes from questioning Obama's legitimacy to serve through the birther movement, fitness to govern through the death panel canard -- and even the territorial integrity of the US under a Democratic president through Texas Gov. Rick Perry's flirtation with secession.

Anger may stoke the base at town halls -- and goose Glenn Beck -- but it just looks ugly on the national stage.[/b]

By Glenn Thrush 09:08 AM

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Slavery Came To Be Confined To Blacks Alone / Russian President, Vladimir Putin Snubs His Presidential Motorcade / England Riots: The Whites Have Become Black Says David Starkey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.