Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,719 members, 7,802,167 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:20 AM

What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? (10035 Views)

Femi Owolabi: "Pastors Use Tithes And Offerings For Humanity" / What Exactly Has Religion Done For Humanity / 1: How Exactly Has God Punished The Devil So Far? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by winner01(m): 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Oh look , someone has admitted he was ignorant about the subject .
OgundeleT is just a pile of pain and ignorance.

He probably just looked up the word.

He never knew they had mega churches and organizations. Sounds to me like what religion would do.

He needs education, i'm not gonna do that for him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by winner01(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
OgundeleT:

the bolded say much about your ignorance on what atheism actually means, since your mind has been configured to believe fairies I don't see how one can help you not to wallow in your self delusion
But ive been showing the foolishness of atheism.

All atheists have been doing is mummur gibberish.
Seems to me like the best thing to do when delusion becomes obvious.
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by winner01(m): 3:30pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Lol!!! The bros don run insult me now. I was refering to your other posts about our "useless god"
Dude is pained!! grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
winner01:
Abi na!!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by OgundeleT(m): 3:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
winner01:
OgundeleT is just a pile of pain and ignorance.

He probably just looked up the word.

He never knew they had mega churches and organizations. Sounds to me like what religion would do.

He needs education, i'm not gonna do that for him.
you really need to educate yourself. that is just a gathering of non believers which they can form to stand against your people, it is just like LGBT for gays and lesbians. I asked you to named their doctrine, pastor or pope but you cant, why don't you for once go further to understand the reason for the gathering. it is just an advocacy group. atheist is not a religion group but if you insist then good luck to you. you believe can never change fact

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by OgundeleT(m): 3:44pm On Jul 18, 2016
winner01:
pained who? lols. me or you that created almost 20 thread to attack atheists in just a month.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by OgundeleT(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
winner01:
But ive been showing the foolishness of atheism.

All atheists have been doing is mummur gibberish.
Seems to me like the best thing to do when delusion becomes obvious.
bros. the fact now is just that your god dont exist and if exist then it's useless because i see no reason why you will have to exhaust your money on mb to tell people your all powerful god exist. tell your god to show itself and stop ranting unnecessary

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by frank317: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I don't think I should be considered sober now. I mean, trying to debunk the one thing you claim to be free from is like resenting a "so-called tyrant" even after gaining freedom from him.

so when i see your lies, i shouldnt point it out that its a lie? you guys ate being challenged dont u?

trust me, you guys aint seen nothing yet. By the time we are through exposing your lies, even your God will step down from heaven to join you in crying.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
frank317:

so when i see your lies, i shouldnt point it out that its a lie? you guys ate being challenged dont u?

trust me, you guys aint seen nothing yet. By the time we are through exposing your lies, even your God will step down from heaven to join you in crying.

Lol!!!! And the "non-existent" God also cries. Bros eh!! Something wey no exist, no fit cry na. Guy, you're just wavering and wagering. And you plainly told someone "he should go to school" yet you've just displayed a character intrinsic to illiteracy and mediocrity. I think it's high time you knew that all the tantrums, insults and bruhahas thrown at God doesn't move Him one bit. So, you have just typed in vain and your rage has no effect on Him. My Oga at the top is probably looking at you from His throne and laughing.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by youngestland: 5:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
hopefulLandlord:
Forgive my ignorance

Is there such thing as Christian atheist?

yea there is I am even one I attend daystar once in a while

men winner01 is the most foolish of them all
kai you dont even understand anything how can you bring this topic kai and ebuka too is beating his chest following you on this

mehn people dull sha my nephew even understand our stand pass una shame
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by frank317: 6:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Lol!!!! And the "non-existent" God also cries. Bros eh!! Something wey no exist, no fit cry na. Guy, you're just wavering and wagering. And you plainly told someone "he should go to school" yet you've just displayed a character intrinsic to illiteracy and mediocrity. I think it's high time you knew that all the tantrums, insults and bruhahas thrown at God doesn't move Him one bit. So, you have just typed in vain and your rage has no effect on Him. My Oga at the top is probably looking at you from His throne and laughing.

Ok...let me just play dumb like u.

So you have finally accepted that your God does not exist? Welcome to atheism bro

Your Oga at the top indeed... This really makes u feel good doesn't it. Ya, my little nephew feels good when he thinks that Santa Claus will give him gifts at Christmas.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jul 18, 2016
frank317:

Ok...let me just play dumb like u.

So you have finally accepted that your God does not exist? Welcome to atheism bro

Your Oga at the top indeed... This really makes u feel good doesn't it. Ya, my little nephew feels good when he thinks that Santa Claus will give him gifts at Christmas.

If you were smart enough you would note that the word "non-existent" was in quotes. So bro, I was being sarcastic. Yeah, He's my Oga on top, got any qualms with that. But seriously bro, I don't see why a being you claim does not exist will give you qualms and send shivers down your spine,

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by frank317: 9:29pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordnicklaus:

If you were smart enough you would note that the word "non-existent" was in quotes. So bro, I was being sarcastic. Yeah, He's my Oga on top, got any qualms with that. But seriously bro, I don't see why a being you claim does not exist will give you qualms and send shivers down your spine,

Ohhh, I m scared.

Like I said u ain't seen nothing bro... We are here tell it to your faces how your God is a lie... If u can't take the heat, get off the kitchen

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Pdizzle(m): 11:46am On Jul 19, 2016
Well i think the thread itself is faulty, atheism is not even a thing rather the absence of it. The question what has atheism done for humanity shouldn't even hold. The truth is if we had actually remained religious fanatics the human race won't achieve much that it had today. There have been occurrences such as drought, famine, pandemics that the people actually thought it was from god. I could as well say atheism is fundamental to human development, because for those who were not born into atheism and became atheists, it took that tiny spark of doubt to start their journey.
This same tiny spark of doubt is what made Galilee Galileo doubt that the sun was not moving as believed by the bible, this same tiny spark is what made scientist find out the truth about the earth being geoid rather a circular plate with pillars supporting it as opposed to the bible.
There were times people thought incurable diseases was as a result of sin, it will take some moments of agnosticism to go further, past religious beliefs for a christian to go into the lab and make a cure.
There were times people were scared of the sky because of the tower of babel story, now we have astronauts out there. A religious fanatic who has swallowed the bible hook, line and sinker will actually not want to venture into the sky so as not to make god angry.
So irrespective those scientists stance of being a christian, their moment of agnosticism[which actually leads to atheism] pushed them to create what christians boast of today, which is ironical. I hope you get my drift.

8 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by AgentOfAllah: 6:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
winner01:

People should notice that atheists never discuss how atheism would improve, strengthen, or otherwise change theirs or others’ lives for the better. Instead they spend their whole lives criticizing their Creator and religion.
To suppose you will find atheists going about telling you what atheism will do for humanity is to betray a staggering conceptual misapprehension of atheism. It is not an ideology with a set of tenets on how to live your life or treat humanity, it is just simply an admission of apathy towards god.

On the other hand, there are many atheists who do remarkable things around the world; for example, some dedicate their time and resources to eradicating polio and malaria, some are trying to connect billions of people to the internet for free, some are just people who help others in whatever way they can. I doubt, however, that it is their atheism that motivates them. I think rather, they are more motivated by their intrinsic love for humanity! As modest as my personal contributions to the betterment of other people are, I've never once thought of doing them in the name of atheism, so you stand a better chance finding the real slim shady than finding what atheism has contributed to humanity.

Also, according to 100 Years of Nobel Prizes, a review of Nobel prizes award between 1901 and 2000 reveals that (65.4%) of Nobel Prizes Laureates, have identified Christianity in its various forms as their religious preference. Overall, Christians have won a total of 78.3% of all the Nobel Prizes in Peace, 72.5% in Chemistry, 65.3% in Physics, 62% in Medicine, 54% in Economics and 49.5% of all Literature awards. We have also seen the successes of countries such as USA, UK and others, that have unofficially labeled themselves as Christian countries in the past.

Note: I’ve not included the successes of any other religion here, I’m simply emphasizing the products of Christianity.
I'm not even going to indulge you in this silly pissing contest. It seems you derive shattering orgasms from identifying with the achievements of other people because they practice your faith. I frankly don't consider that a productive way to contribute to humanity.

So what exactly has atheism done for humanity and why do atheists terribly want people to join them in their irrational unbelief in our supreme Creator?
Atheism has done nothing for humanity.

Finally, you should refrain from making sloppy generalisations. I personally think you shouldn't become an atheist, because you will probably be a very dangerous one who would lack moral inhibitions; since as you've made apparent, you always require a dictatorial arbitrator to perform the functions of your brain on your behalf.

14 Likes 7 Shares

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by cloudgoddess(f): 7:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Where is the "top"? Where is this throne located.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by realmindz: 8:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

Oh look , someone has admitted he was ignorant about the subject .
I ridicule atheists for your entertainment, oh chisos grin
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Pidggin(f): 8:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
I wish there was nothing like atheism in this world
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by AgentOfAllah: 8:20pm On Jul 19, 2016
Pidggin:
I wish there was nothing like atheism in this world

Why?
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
cloudgoddess:
Where is the "top"? Where is this throne located.
Look up, wat do u see? Lol!!!
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
frank317:

Ohhh, I m scared.

Like I said u ain't seen nothing bro... We are here tell it to your faces how your God is a lie... If u can't take the heat, get off the kitchen

A lie? Wow!!! I thought lies were sweet and the truth was uncomfortable. I don't see why you should get uncomfortable if our God was a lie.
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Pidggin(f): 9:06pm On Jul 19, 2016
AgentOfAllah:

Why?

Hell is not hospitable, why should I wish this on anyone?
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 19, 2016
frank317:

Ohhh, I m scared.

Oh! Great, a challenge! We'll be waiting. But come o! There is a long list of gods worshipped throughout the world, why speak against only Yahweh/Jehovah when there are other gods you can speak against. If you have nothing against Yahweh/Jehovah, then disprove other gods. Why not challenge a Hindu and prove to him that Brahma is a hoax? Here is a list of gods I know, see if you can disprove any of them:

We have Zeus, Hermes, Brahma, Sheeva, Vishnu, Kali, Saraswati, Enki, Enlil, Ishtar, Baal, Marduk, Shamash, Inanna, Ganesa, Reshpu, Ra, Horus, Amon, Heqt, Hecate, Amphitryton, Triton, Poseidon, Cernunnos, Nkulunkulu, Aesir, Aegir, Yemanja, Sango, Obatala, Frega, Odin, Thor, Vanir, Hephaestus (Vulcan), Hera, Thoth, Anubis, Anukis, Sakmet, Sokka, Isis, Osiris, Mithras, Ahura Mazda, Ahriman, Tweedupon, Egbesu, Loki, Ijala, Amadioha, Bacchus, Aphrodite, Ninurgi, Sin, Ashima, Allat, Uzzat, Manat, Seth, Nut, Mut, Hades, Bel, Nebo, Ares, Eris, Cronus, Gaea, Uranus, Apis, Sirius, Yam ........................... And the list goes on. Oh! And lest I forget, Domino Reverad, the god of OtemWonyahweh, otemdomino, otem4eartum, otemanuduno and geoworldedu........ Pick one to disprove and take a break from trying to disprove the indisputable Yahweh/Jehovah.

Cc KingEbukaNaija, Winner01, malvisguy212, Scholar8200 cloudgoddess OgundeleT

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by AgentOfAllah: 2:28am On Jul 20, 2016
Pidggin:

Hell is not hospitable, why should I wish this on anyone?

Congrats, you've just demonstrated that you have a more humane sense of morality than your god who wishes to condemn more than half of humanity to such a place for whimsical reasons such as non-belief in its existence. I therefore wonder why anyone would want to worship such a god.

2 Likes

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by frank317: 10:53am On Jul 20, 2016
lordnicklaus:

A lie? Wow!!! I thought lies were sweet and the truth was uncomfortable. I don't see why you should get uncomfortable if our God was a lie.

You ain't seen nothing yet
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
frank317:

You ain't seen nothing yet

Please give me more of you! The fact that you talk about my God with every breath you got gives me this sense of pride and enthusiasm. I am quite ambidextrous when it comes to matters such as this. I posed a challenge to you and you declined. I will gladly post it again.

There is a long list of gods worshipped
throughout the world, why speak against only
Yahweh/Jehovah when there are other gods you
can speak against. If you have nothing against
Yahweh/Jehovah, then disprove other gods. Why
not challenge a Hindu and prove to him that
Brahma is a hoax? Here is a list of gods I remember,
see if you can disprove any of them:
We have Zeus, Hermes, Brahma, Sheeva, Vishnu,
Kali, Saraswati, Enki, Enlil, Ishtar, Baal, Marduk,
Shamash, Inanna, Ganesa, Reshpu, Ra, Horus,
Amon, Heqt, Hecate, Amphitryton, Triton,
Poseidon, Cernunnos, Nkulunkulu, Aesir, Aegir,
Yemanja, Sango, Obatala, Frega, Odin, Thor,
Vanir, Hephaestus (Vulcan), Hera, Thoth, Anubis,
Anukis, Sakmet, Sokka, Isis, Osiris, Mithras, Ahura
Mazda, Ahriman, Tweedupon, Egbesu, Loki, Ijala,
Amadioha, Bacchus, Aphrodite, Ninurgi, Sin,
Ashima, Allat, Uzzat, Manat, Seth, Nut, Mut,
Hades, Bel, Nebo, Ares, Eris, Cronus, Gaea,
Uranus, Apis, Sirius, Yam, Athena ........................... And
the list goes on. Oh! And lest I forget, Domino
Reverad, the god of OtemWonyahweh,
otemdomino, otem4eartum, otemanuduno and
geoworldedu........ Pick one to disprove and take a
break from trying to disprove the indisputable
Yahweh/Jehovah.

1 Like

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by frank317: 2:01pm On Jul 20, 2016
lordnicklaus:

Oh! Great, a challenge! We'll be waiting. But come o! There is a long list of gods worshipped throughout the world, why speak against only Yahweh/Jehovah when there are other gods you can speak against. If you have nothing against Yahweh/Jehovah, then disprove other gods. Why not challenge a Hindu and prove to him that Brahma is a hoax? Here is a list of gods I know, see if you can disprove any of them:

We have Zeus, Hermes, Brahma, Sheeva, Vishnu, Kali, Saraswati, Enki, Enlil, Ishtar, Baal, Marduk, Shamash, Inanna, Ganesa, Reshpu, Ra, Horus, Amon, Heqt, Hecate, Amphitryton, Triton, Poseidon, Cernunnos, Nkulunkulu, Aesir, Aegir, Yemanja, Sango, Obatala, Frega, Odin, Thor, Vanir, Hephaestus (Vulcan), Hera, Thoth, Anubis, Anukis, Sakmet, Sokka, Isis, Osiris, Mithras, Ahura Mazda, Ahriman, Tweedupon, Egbesu, Loki, Ijala, Amadioha, Bacchus, Aphrodite, Ninurgi, Sin, Ashima, Allat, Uzzat, Manat, Seth, Nut, Mut, Hades, Bel, Nebo, Ares, Eris, Cronus, Gaea, Uranus, Apis, Sirius, Yam ........................... And the list goes on. Oh! And lest I forget, Domino Reverad, the god of OtemWonyahweh, otemdomino, otem4eartum, otemanuduno and geoworldedu........ Pick one to disprove and take a break from trying to disprove the indisputable Yahweh/Jehovah.

Cc KingEbukaNaija, Winner01, malvisguy212, Scholar8200 cloudgoddess OgundeleT

Lol... This is how u sound...

"Buh buh bahhhh ugh uggggh, there are so many other Gods, why attack only mine?"

Don't cry no more kid... U just have to get used to it.

Pickin way say hin mama no go sleep, him ma no go sleep. When u disturb us in the bus, early mornings, put ur speaker outside ur church and scream into our ears, knock on our doors, take over our TV and radio stations, condemn us cos we don't share ur belief, you didn't expect ur belief to be challenged? How many Gods mentioned up there have u seen disturbing people like ya all.
Now u are challenged and questioned, you are crying... Like I said, u better get used to it, it's just a taste of ur own medicine

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Nobody: 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2016
frank317:

Lol... This is how u sound...

"Buh buh bahhhh ugh uggggh, there are so many other Gods, why attack only mine?"

Don't cry no more kid... U just have to get used to it.

Pickin way say hin mama no go sleep, him ma no go sleep. When u disturb us in the bus, early mornings, put ur speaker outside ur church and scream into our ears, knock on our doors, take over our TV and radio stations, condemn us cos we don't share ur belief, you didn't expect ur belief to be challenged? How many Gods mentioned up there have u seen disturbing people like ya all.
Now u are challenged and questioned, you are crying... Like I said, u better get used to it, it's just a taste of ur own medicine

I am already used to it. Infact I enjoy you talking about my God, it gives me a sense of pride that my God is known. But come o! Why you no tear all the stickers of all those Hindu people wey dey advertise dem gods....... Or, why you no dey challenge Muslims? You dey fear beheading abi, lols.............
Na me say make you dey watch TV and listen to preachings for radio? Why you no go area wey church no dey? I think you should start carrying megaphones everywhere and start up your atheistic crusade.... There are radio stations around. Go there and state your pleas and stop this disguised rantings and bruhahas all in the name of atheism. Let yourself be known and you shall be known... The internet is not a place enough to express your impertinent rage and presumptuous claims which are intrinsic to a sad, unhappy and rejected soul.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Tellemall: 7:32am On Jul 21, 2016
KingEbukaNaija:

You know NOTHING . Read up "Christian atheism" - another impaired mental state some atheists subscribe to . Those are Christian atheists - they reject the divinity of Christ but accept his teachings . So they go to "church" to learn about Christ . They believe fellowship improves unity and prayers have psychological benefits .

I believe most Christian atheists are denizens of psychiatric hospitals

That last bit is just funny.

What on earth is a Christian atheist? Such an oxymoron. The people who subscribe to it must have damaged reasoning faculties. Why should an atheist be a Christian and a Christian an atheist? They are neither hot not cold and shouldn't have a place anywhere. Rejects.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by Tellemall: 7:34am On Jul 21, 2016
frank317:

Lol... how do u even pass exam in school? Or u just talk anything to make urself feel good.
Abeg show me where we hold our meetings so that I can go and join them plan how to ridicule and dehumanise Christianity.
I have warned you to drop that ancient cattle rearers book... now look at how u are still thinking like a dullard in 2016. You actually need God in your life.

It's nobody's fault that you Nigerian atheists display characteristics of all disorganized black people worldwide.

Elsewhere what winner01 says is very true.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by hopefulLandlord: 8:11am On Jul 21, 2016
lordnicklaus:

I am already used to it. Infact I enjoy you talking about my God, it gives me a sense of pride that my God is known. But come o! Why you no tear all the stickers of all those Hindu people wey dey advertise dem gods....... Or, why you no dey challenge Muslims? You dey fear beheading abi, lols.............
Na me say make you dey watch TV and listen to preachings for radio? Why you no go area wey church no dey? I think you should start carrying megaphones everywhere and start up your atheistic crusade.... There are radio stations around. Go there and state your pleas and stop this disguised rantings and bruhahas all in the name of atheism. Let yourself be known and you shall be known... The internet is not a place enough to express your impertinent rage and presumptuous claims which are intrinsic to a sad, unhappy and rejected soul.

This comment is really sad, it shows someone who doesn't understand what atheists go through in Nigeria
Re: What Exactly Has Atheism Done For Humanity? by OgundeleT(m): 8:47am On Jul 21, 2016
it seems the guy that opened this thread has vanished?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What's Your Best Moment In Church? / Relevance Of "the Blood Of Jesus"and Holy Ghost Fire,in Prayer / Reason For Creating Islam Section With Ridiculous Conditions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.