Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,042 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae (41787 Views)

Nigerian Man Who Vowed To Be Deported From Canada Over His Dead Body Dies / My Sister To Be Deported Back To Nigeria On Arrival In Israel This Morning / South Africans Blast Nigerians On Facebook: "Nigerians Must Be Deported" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Nobody: 7:10am On Jul 18, 2016
below are links to information on Legal Aid in dubai.

http://www.thenational.ae/news/uae-news/courts/legal-aid-in-the-uae-offering-a-lifeline-for-those-who-cannot-afford-a-lawyer
https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/491952/Help_in_the_UAE_-_December_2015.pdf
https://www.facebook.com/FreeLegalAdviceUae/
http://www.emirates247.com/news/emirates/how-you-can-get-free-legal-advice-in-dubai-2013-05-22-1.507341

you MAY be able to get free legal advise. i do not know if foreigners are eligible for legal aid. i doubt if you can get a different job. the best you can hope for is that your agent's company will be blacklisted/sanctioned fo false misrpresntation.

the onus will however also be on you to prove that you were not aware it was a labourer job you were being given
[were you ever interviewed on your qualifications? from your other thread where it was your brother, not your friend, you indicated that he ha just finished university, you never said anything about his working skills.

please note that if you are simply trying the nigerian game of being smart/playing sentiment, it will almost certainly backfire
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lyns32uk(m): 7:11am On Jul 18, 2016
Watch this video about slavery in Dubai

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMh-vlQwrmU
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by clem2love(m): 7:18am On Jul 18, 2016
Dear NL,

with reference to your post, I will not say what you are saying is true or false, have also experienced it some years back.

for me here is my advice to you can ask him to call me or whatapp me +971528813890.

Dubai has its own rules and regulation governing labour.

and my advice for those planning to travel to Dubai for work there are 2 options.

Option1: This is expensive they call it "direct employment" this is what he fell for
the bitter truth is that 95% of Agent will not tell you this.
All they are after is the Money to be collected from you
a lot of story like " when you come the company will come pick you @ the airport" "Free transportation" " Housing" " Medical"
whenever you here this. Please shocked Run from the person..............
what i passed through here i will not want my fellow nairaland to. so please be warned

Option 2: Apply for 3-month long stay Dubai visa
when you arrive dubai with such visa Pls note: "your passport is ur life" for no reason should you drop or exchange"
Things needed" I: Enough cash for your feeding and transportation and accommodation monthly withing your 3 month
During your stay you are to search for jobs
once you find any please grab it.

Lastly " contact me for the rest advice"

God bless you............... also watch and pray for the agents are all looking for whom to deceive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Nobody: 7:25am On Jul 18, 2016
and more 'agents' are here looking for fresh victims

1 Like

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by neyoworld247(m): 7:27am On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=oyb post=47651388]and more 'agents' are here looking for fresh victims
Funny dude grin
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lexusgs430: 7:29am On Jul 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:
It is you not a friend.

You were warned before travelling.

Oga GAZZUZZ, hin don dey smell hot pepper?
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lexusgs430: 7:33am On Jul 18, 2016
Philadelphia:
Op, just for your information, you were advised in one of the threads you opened some months ago but you/ your friend didn't heed such advice. Here was the advise:

My Oga, it is very simple. Those who have ears, let them hear.
What would the point be seeking advice on behalf of yourself and/or pretending it's a friend, you are seeking the advice for. And go against all the advice and later open another thread asking the same questions you have been advise against?
I don't even know what I am saying anymore, possibly too drunk!!!!!
But u get my drift?

Here's the said thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3079733/please-him-he-travelling-uae

Now here's your thread last year when you or your friend was preparing for his visa, then you didn't clearly come up with plans of him travelling. You hid the plans.

By the way, here's the link to that thread:
https://www.nairaland.com/2822426/what-cost-getting-passport-nigeria
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lexusgs430: 7:48am On Jul 18, 2016
Vanpascore:
Dear Nairalanders, pls your urgent advice is needed as we have 48 hrs ultimatum. A friend of mine travelled to Dubai two months ago with the aim that d place will be a better place for him bt on getting there, the opposite was met. He went there through an agent in Nigeria here who has a partner in d UAE. He applied for working visa which he was given two years by a company there. The problem started when he got the visa and occupation written on it is "Ordinary Labourer" as he applied for welding work, but the agent told him that, that is UAE style since he is going there as a technician. On getting there, he was welcomed by the company and he started work the third day as a labourer, real one. With this, he was given some documents which have been signed on his behalf, he was surprised as the documents contains employee -employer agreement. He called the agents both the one in Nigeria and UAE immediately what he saw, but the agents said he should be enduring.

To cut the story short, the work is a typical slavery work, though he is collecting about 65K/month as wage, when converted to naira. Now the problem is that other documents he needed to sign, he refused because of those conditions and since then, the agents have been begging him to sign. Also, there was a need for him to do medicals, he also refused and fortunately for him, he met one of the directors in the company and explain things to him bt the man answered him to write cancellation letter so that he can be sent back to Nigeria. But he did not want to waste almost 500k he paid this agent.

Now a Nigerian he met there directed him to go to the labour complaint office in Dubai, which he did and he got this reply from d labour office today "A complaint application number (MB165125948AE ) has been made on company number (488063 ) from employee (CHARLES UGO ) having work permit number ( 65600814), we hope that both of you would mutually discuss on this complaints during next 48 working hours before it gets registered on the company." Now the problem, this message has been forwarded to the company, the company has forwarded it to the agent in Dubai and the agent now called him and said he has made a great mistake by reporting that he may be deported and banned for one year from entering UAE.

Pls Nairalanders, 48hrs has started about 4hrs ago, the company may call on him in d next 4/5 hrs, what should he do? Is it true that he may be deported based on this?? Pls your sincere advice is needed. c

Why did you or your friend seek advice from this humble forum, and did the opposite of what you were advised?
You said 'you/your friend was prepared to work wella', now hin don see work, y hin no sign the paper?

Who does you friend think head the Labour complaint office? Yes you are right(I don't need to answer).
You see I was not too far off from my daily wage estimates, 65k for slave labour.

He better sign the contract, go and beg his employers and say he was a very naughty boy and was ill advised. Sign a good behaviour agreement and continue to enjoy his slave labour.

He that has ears, let him hear!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by amtaken(f): 7:50am On Jul 18, 2016
Change change change now all of you want to travel and abaandon this change for those of us who didn't even clamour for it.

Mbanu!

N65k job in Dubai? Ewooo! Buhari has killed this country kpatakpa.

Oyaa go beg your employers, make peace with them so they can sort this out for you or come back to Nigeria and fry akara, I bet you will make more money.

All na change abi?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lexusgs430: 7:51am On Jul 18, 2016
nzeobi:
Am also planning to come over to dubai but this story is discouraging.
The best solution I can give now is for your friend to pray and to look for a powerful man of God here in nigeria that is if he is a believer.

I hope you would use this thread appropriately and learn from contributors.
He was warned, but refused to listen. He is now crying Wolf, when the Wolf is already leaking his toes!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by badderdandem(m): 7:52am On Jul 18, 2016
Atmmachine:
I support his deportation.
He's reaping the fruit of his foolishness.
I hate these people called Agents and also the people who use them, only foolish people uses Agents, That thing wey the agent go do, you can do it by yourself.

Why would i pay 500k for Dubai visa ?? I can't give someone 5k for shitty Dubai visa.

Let this be a lesson to you, next time read, read again, re-read again, because the terms and condition and the duration of the job was written on the papers.

My guy gave an agent 500 thousand naira for ordinary Dubai visa, how much did it cost me to get an American visa ?? Just 160k, The guy foolishly went to Dubai with a one month visa, he's now in Lagos begging for money
please how did you get the visa for 160k and how much can I get dubai visa help a brother please whatsapp or contact me through 09092140826
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:00am On Jul 18, 2016
Lexusgs430:

Oga GAZZUZZ, hin don dey smell hot pepper?

Deportation things
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by mctowel01: 8:02am On Jul 18, 2016
nzeobi:
Am also planning to come over to dubai but this story is discouraging.
The best solution I can give now is for your friend to pray and to look for a powerful man of God here in nigeria that is if he is a believer.
Your stupidity is just beyond comprehension. How can prayer solve his problem? How has tons of prayer solved Nigeria's problems?

1 Like

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by RingimKabir(m): 8:06am On Jul 18, 2016
pendusky:

So northerners now hate this man? while our south west brothers are praising him from their hunger stomach

If you think ALL Northerners support Buhari than you really got a shallow mind.
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 18, 2016
breeze23:
Please can u do it for me?
What's your whatsapp number.
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Nobody: 8:08am On Jul 18, 2016
enuelsmith:
No be by force to go dubai
abi na market u went to buy, who tell u say u no go make am? u b Dele Momodu? anyways what he should do is approach any Nigerian council in UAE to help him arbitrate over the matter.
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lexusgs430: 8:12am On Jul 18, 2016
GAZZUZZ:

Deportation things

He or his friend or his brother, simply refused to hear the hunters whistle, when advice were pouring out.
They should stay in Dubai and work wella(na so hin talk)
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lexusgs430: 8:14am On Jul 18, 2016
mctowel01:

Your stupidity is just beyond comprehension. How can prayer solve his problem? How has tons of prayer solved Nigeria's problems?

Bros you know that we are also suffering from religious slavery.
Every little issue, talk to your pastor (like he/she has a magic wand) or pray and fast.
Our people have lost sight of commonsense!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Lexusgs430: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2016
badderdandem:
please how did you get the visa for 160k and how much can I get dubai visa help a brother please whatsapp or contact me through 09092140826

You also want a Dubai visa? So all the content of this thread, is been read with one eye and the other is ignoring?

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by rollyfemmy: 8:20am On Jul 18, 2016
I AM A RESIDENT IN THE MIDDLE EAST AND AM 45 MINS FLIGHT AWAY FROM DUBAI.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE ANY KNOWLEDGE OR EXPERIENCE ABOUT HOW THINGS WORK IN DUBAI.

MOST OF THE VISAS OR WORK YOU CAN GET EASILY IS LABOUR RELATED JOB EXCEPT YOU HAVE SOME DIPLOMA OR DEGREE, THEN YOU CAN DO SALES REPRESENTATIVE OR MARKETING JOB.

YOU SHOULD HAVE MANAGE THE CONDITION AND WORK FOR LIKE 6MONTHS AND AFTER THAT PERIOD YOU WOULD HAVE KNOWN HOW THINGS WORK AND DO THINGS IN A CLEAN AND SMOOTH WAY.

FROM MY EXPERIENCE YOU ARE LIKELY TO BE DEPORTED. THE ONLY OPTION FOR YOU NOW IS TO PLEAD WITH THE COMPANY THAT YOU WILL DO THE JOB AND CANCEL YOUR COMPLAINT THAT YOU HAVE FILED AGAINST THEM.

THE PROBLEM WAS NOT FROM THE COMPANY...IT WAS FROM YOUR AGENT FOR GIVING YOU WRONG INFORMATION.

WHATEVER COMES LEARN FROM THIS BE PATIENT NEXT TIME.

THE TRUTH IS THAT WHEN YOU COME TO THE MIDDLE EAST TO WORK AS AN AFRICA...THINGS DONT GET ROSY FROM THE BEGINNING BUT ONLY PATIENCE (IF YOU CAN HANDLE IT) CAN SOLVE YOUR PROBLEM.

TO GET A GOOD AND HIGH PAYING JOB, GCC EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED AND YOU CAN NOT GET THAT EXPERIENCE WORKING IN NIGERIA OR ANY COUNTRY OUTSIDE GCC COUNTRIES.

MANY PEOPLE STARTED WITH LABOUR JOBS AND THEIR STORY HAS CHANGE AFTER SOME FEW YEARS.

PLEASE MY ADVICE FOR NIGERIANS WHO WANT TO COME TO DUBAI, QATAR, OMAN, KUWAIT AND THE OTHER GCC COUNTRIES, MAKE SURE YOU LEARN HOW TO SPEAK ARABIC AND ALSO HAVE SOME BASIC SCHOOL QUALIFICATIONS OTHERWISE YOU WILL WORK AND DIE AS A LABOURER HERE.

ALL THE BEST GUYS.

2 Likes

Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by horladmejy(m): 8:23am On Jul 18, 2016
And tell me how a non learned will do that himself to get a visa? Maybe you should let everyone know how you go about getting your own visa too.. . Epppp then
Atmmachine:
I support his deportation.
He's reaping the fruit of his foolishness.
I hate these people called Agents and also the people who use them, only foolish people uses Agents, That thing wey the agent go do, you can do it by yourself.

Why would i pay 500k for Dubai visa ?? I can't give someone 5k for shitty Dubai visa.

Let this be a lesson to you, next time read, read again, re-read again, because the terms and condition and the duration of the job was written on the papers.

My guy gave an agent 500 thousand naira for ordinary Dubai visa, how much did it cost me to get an American visa ?? Just 160k, The guy foolishly went to Dubai with a one month visa, he's now in Lagos begging for money
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 18, 2016
Is not always as sweet as it sound.
No easy job any where....most of the job our people do abroad are "Hard Labor" jobs.
Is worst in Arab countries and most of them treats foreigners as slave.
Is up to him to decide whether he wants to continue with the hard labor work or prefer to come back home, let him come back on his own if he decides not to continue, so that they won't stamp a deportation stamp on his passport.
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by princechiemekam(m): 8:37am On Jul 18, 2016
Na ur brother or father dey gv US visa 4 160k,talk true nigga............so Dubai suppose be 50k right....una go just dey use person predicament as fun until d mata fall on u...
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Origin(f): 8:53am On Jul 18, 2016
I don't know much but can't the Nigerian consulate at Dubai do anything. They should even help with a lawyer.

He should visit the consulate and tell the forum of the feedback plus who he talked to.
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by olab007(m): 9:01am On Jul 18, 2016
Am working here in Qatar and there system is almost the same system, the main problem of most ppl traveling is that they just set out to a place they never make proper equiry about what is obtainable in such a place.in the first place they made company visa for your friend , and for such visa the guy is not suppose to pay anything i mean he is not suppose to pay 1kobo, the system require the company to pay for all expenses visa, air ticket, accomodation,and transportation to and fro work everyday,now look at wht is the problem if to say the guy did not pay anything deos it means that is not good to work as labour for 65k if you are not doing anything back home, but the problem here is the guy has pay money he is not suppose to pay.for the fact that he already report the company the probability of sending him back is very high and if he wish to stay and collect his 65k jeje till he finish his contract he should talk to the company PRO and he may need to go back to where he made the report and make some explanation that he will wait and work else the government will force the company to buy his ticket and he will be deported back home . This should be a lesson for every other person if you want to go to any where make sure you have the right information of such a place as many ppl will even deceive you to come and feel the suffering they are feeling.
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by Atmmachine(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2016
nefertitiram:

US visa is 48k bros! E be like say them gba you

And how many types of U.S visa do you know. ??
so, immigrant visa is also 48k ? cool
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by missKiffy(f): 9:15am On Jul 18, 2016
ZuzuMan:

SCARCITY OF ADVICE abi ? grin grin grin
Lol cheesy yes o
Re: Please Help, He Is About To Be Deported From Uae by lereinter(m): 9:23am On Jul 18, 2016
VocalWalls:
what most people don't realize is that these massive buildings which has granted this country its modern civilization are mostly constructed and built by workers; the majority of which are expats in the UAE and which have been denied their respective wages for months by the companies which they're working for.

The process of recruiting these workers is simple; companies would typically post ads or contact foreign recruitment/ employment agencies based in multiple countries (Mostly Southeast Asian countries; i.e. Nepal, Pakistan, Afghansitan, India, The Philippines, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, China etc..) to recruit workers for them. The agencies would act as the middle man been the two; they would find those interested in working abroad, or in the tempting offers and swaying promises made by the construction companies. The recruitment agencies would help the workers fill in their application forms & necessary documents for the job and the visa and assist them in booking their airline tickets once their visa has been approved. Ultimately they would get a fee from the workers and a percentage from the company.

HOLLUP! Take This Free Photo Tour Around America's Legendary White House

The unsuspected laborers would take off to their destination in the hopes of being paid a high salary; and making a fortune to support their families back home.

Unfortunately, once they land in the UAE they are given a lengthy contract to sign with the company, taken to their accommodation, and their passports are stripped away from them and kept by their employers. This makes them unable to leave the country unless they obtain their passports back somehow, some of them never do and are trapped for years.

If that wasn't bad enough, the workers are made to stay in terrible accommodation. The places they are kept in are unhygienic and filthy for people to live in. Some are kept in old buildings, just on the outskirts of the city they helped build.

The issue has generated some controversy and international attention by the media, when a couple of journalists investigated the situation. Here are some pictures that's been taken by an Iranian investigative journalist who did an article about the mistreatment of these expats

HOLLUP! The unseen pictures of UK's 10 Downing Street

The workers are forced to share a room, sometimes 7–8 workers share one room to sleep in.

They are not offered running water for showering or cooking, and they aren't offered proper cooking facilities either. Which means most of the time they are forced to find unconventional means to cook for themselves.

Due to the lack of sufficient plumbing the men’s living compartment are engulfed by a river of sewage.

Some are paid as little as €150 a month, some are paid nothing whatsoever. Most are unable to protest, unable to leave because they don't have their passports & are forced to stay & complete their contract work agreement.

Most are in debt back home, because they had to take loans and borrow money to pay the agencies, and buy an airline ticket and their minimum wage income isn't helping them pay off their debts or support their families back home or themselves.

The working conditions themselves are atrocious, workers are forced to work for as long as 12 hours per day, sometimes more. They are made to work during day shifts, even when the temperature outside reaches 50 Celsius, workers have to work under the sun.

The UAE government officials have been criticized for allowing such treatment to take place. However, the government’s response was to deny such accusations & ensure all the migrant workers in the UAE are treated well and are taken care of by their employers. Even if reality revealed otherwise.

A lot of this is termed Modern slavery. A mini documentary made by Vice has been uploaded into YouTube in which reporter Ben Anderson poses as a British tourist and exposes the mistreatment of migrant workers in the UAE. I know it's a bet outdated, but this remains a pressing issue that's still going on till this day.

Guy those pix aren't Dubai

Its probably Qatar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Drive-through Pictures Of SPACEX Engineering Complex, In California, US. / Caption It .. As Seen In Lagos Yesterday (photo) / New Zealand Adds Prostitution To List Of Employment Skills For Immigrants

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.