Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today (36373 Views)

Men Take Selfie After Surviving Fatal Accident That Killed 2 Passengers. Photos / A Policeman Hanging On A Danfo Bus! What I Saw On A Lagos Expressway Today / Car Falls Inside Asejire Dam Along Ikire-ibadan Expressway Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by IbBarham(m): 5:09am On Jul 18, 2016
That's sad...May God protect us from evil occurrence.. RIP to them...
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by tomquest: 5:20am On Jul 18, 2016
keyhole2015:
Look very well u ll discover that the bus is those buses u ll find on that Lagos -Ibandan road. Those drivers are reckless coupled with the bad road

Whenever you enter a vehicle with a reckless driver driving on a good or bad road, be that voice of caution! Don't shut your mouth like other Nigerian passengers, most of whom just pray and "cover themselves with the blood if Jesus", while the driver drives in whatever manner his insanity dictates. Shout at the driver if you have to!

A lot of Nigerians have died because they believed that accidents are justified on a bad road.
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by banmee(m): 5:26am On Jul 18, 2016
Sabenko:
those of u comparing Nigerians with Germans should shut ur mouth...It's not just about the drivers. av u considered the death traps called pot holes which our govt cared less about. let d govt do her part and let us see if driving in Nigeria won't be the same as driving in Germany. tankers fall everyday, u think those guys are really inexperience? bad road is the no1 cause of accident. a guy once sued his govt in Germany because a single pot hole bursted his tyre and he got lots of dollars has compensation because he knows his right. but in Nigeria, govt don't care if we live or die. so far they av enough in their personal bank accts....the blood of those innocent Nigerians on their head and entire family.

You are the perfect example of what we are talking about. You just don't know the standard, so because you don't know, you look for every and any excuse to justify your ignorance. Maybe Germany is too much of an example. What about Ghana? I have been opportuned to live and work there for a couple of years and i can tell you that they have bad roads too but their mentality as regards motoring is comparable to what obtains in other civilized countries. I was once like you though. I started driving when i was 13 in Nigeria. Who's to stop me? I did not know the standard and i could get away with it. I could have killed someone. I probably would have gotten away with that too. And just like you, at the time, i did not know any better and thought what i was doing was normal. Thank God for the exposure i've had, else i would have grown up phucked up too mentally. There needs to be a serious psychological shift in the way Nigerians think and do business.

5 Likes

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by twise4242(f): 5:50am On Jul 18, 2016
chiangyokay:
wow, thats really bad embarassed
lord have your mercy on us,control our step lord...irp to d dead.
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by ilenaira: 5:52am On Jul 18, 2016
@banmee and tomquest, you're wasting your time. Don't you know that mostly supreme beings that are always in the right with at least one god in place of thinking faculty inhabit Nigeria? That's why they are the Giants of Africa, the envy of the world, no?

3 Likes

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by banmee(m): 5:57am On Jul 18, 2016
ilenaira:
@banmee and tomquest, you're wasting your time. Don't you know that mostly supreme beings that are always in the right with at least one god in place of thinking faculty inhabit Nigeria? That's why they are the Giants of Africa, the envy of the world, no?

Lol. . . . .
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by junta007(f): 6:08am On Jul 18, 2016
God Have Mercy
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by showlight101(m): 6:14am On Jul 18, 2016
RIP to the deads
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by glossy6(f): 6:22am On Jul 18, 2016
forkadict:

I concur sir. But Germany still far na.

Where I dey for Naija here, I had to do a driving test twice before being issued a driving permit. And that is beside the fact that I hold a valid Naija driving license and have been driving for 7 years.

That not withstanding Nigerians are rough drivers, they drive without regard to human lives. Much more with alcohol being sold at the motor parks which the commercial drivers consume before driving without remorse.

Na only Nigeria witches dey?

keyhole2015:
I don't meant to insult you but this is the truth; Any drivers license given in Nigeria is as useless as anything you can think of. It is not just about driving or doing the drivers test. It is about knowing the standard. If the people giving the test don't know the standard, how can they teach the standard. Let me give you an example. In almost 15 years i have only used my horn maybe 10 times. When i reach a 4 way and other cars meet on all sides, we all know what we need to do so as not to cause confusion. It's called, first in, first out. I'm telling you, Nigerians don't know how to drive.

So you preserve your horn as if it uses fuel like my hubby grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by Ezedon(m): 6:27am On Jul 18, 2016
Untainted007:
May God avert evil reports and evil incidents away from our lives. God's protection will be there for us till eternity. May d souls of d departed rest in peace.
are you sure they are the cause of their own problems? Cus the way they treat their passengers sometimes marvels me
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by onatisi(m): 6:28am On Jul 18, 2016
glossy6:

That not withstanding Nigerians are rough drivers, they drive without regard to human lives. Much more with alcohol being sold at the motor parks which the commercial drivers consume before driving without remorse.

Na only Nigeria witches dey?
Naija roads are terrible,the cars are serviced most of the time with cheap fake parts ,many technicians aren't even well skilled ,then comes the issue of drivers who are most of the Time drunk ,they dont obey traffic laws ,they over speed with vehicles not road worthy,then comes the passengers who keeps urging The driver to speed and hurry so that they arrive their destination early, lastly are the spiritual forces waiting to latch o the mistakes of the mortal beings in order to wreck havoc
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by ezelos(m): 6:44am On Jul 18, 2016
iebanehita:
Lord have mercy!
And I travelled same route to Ib from lagos today...
Only God protects those who are his..
. How can you say 'Only God protects those who are His?' Everyone lives by His grace and mercy. The reason why we pray before leaving home is not only to ask for His protection, but also commit our souls to Him in case the worst happens. Have you thought of the woman who was killed while preaching or the Rev. Pastor killed in his farm? Please, don't live with such thoughts.
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by AlanSugar(m): 6:45am On Jul 18, 2016
onatisi:

Na only me u insult like dis

No, na you and those two that gave you the unwarranted likes. Kindly share the insult with them. I have nothing further.

2 Likes

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by AlanSugar(m): 6:48am On Jul 18, 2016
Iykecee:
the burnt ones r not his eh?

You de mind them? The next thing they'll tell you is that those were village witches who were on their way to kill God's children. Nothing further!
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by Nobody: 6:52am On Jul 18, 2016
MzPecs:

Yes oh! Thank you Jesus smiley
God is merciful
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by 4nobody4every1: 6:57am On Jul 18, 2016
banmee:

You are the perfect example of what we are talking about. You just don't know the standard, so because you don't know, you look for every and any excuse to justify your ignorance. Maybe Germany is too much of an example. What about Ghana? I have been opportuned to live and work there for a couple of years and i can tell you that they have bad roads too but their mentality as regards motoring is comparable to what obtains in other civilized countries. I was once like you though. I started driving when i was 13 in Nigeria. Who's to stop me? I did not know the standard and i could get away with it. I could have killed someone. I probably would have gotten away with that too. And just like you, at the time, i did not know any better and thought what i was doing was normal. Thank God for the exposure i've had, else i would have grown up phucked up too mentally. There needs to be a serious psychological shift in the way Nigerians think and do business.
True, we discussed this few days ago, l dont even like to waste my time commenting on topics like this because it sometimes tilt towards those abroad vs those in Nigeria...Lol, some drivers in Nigeria will mix kain kain with root, smoke weed, vehicle not properly checked before starting the engine, no proper tyre guage, they jump inside the car, accelerate the engine at reckless abandon, put religious CD, off they go, and when accident happens they start calling on Allah, God, babalawo, some even put charms beneath the steering wheel to ward of accidents Lol grin, what a country etc

3 Likes

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by onatisi(m): 7:07am On Jul 18, 2016
AlanSugar:

No, na you and those two that gave you the unwarranted likes. Kindly share the insult with them. I have nothing further.
buhari again!!
See wettin buhari caused again!
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by banmee(m): 7:10am On Jul 18, 2016
4nobody4every1:
True, we discussed this few days ago, l dont even like to waste my time commenting on topics like this because it sometimes tilt towards those abroad vs those in Nigeria...Lol, some drivers in Nigeria will mix kain kain with root, smoke weed, vehicle not properly checked before starting the engine, no proper tyre guage, they jump inside the car, accelerate the engine at reckless abandon, put religious CD, off they go, and when accident happens they start calling on Allah, God, babalawo, some even put charms beneath the steering wheel to ward of accidents Lol grin, what a country etc

What a country indeed.

1 Like

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by passionate88: 7:23am On Jul 18, 2016
Buhari and bad luck is like 5 nd 6
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by deplay24(m): 7:40am On Jul 18, 2016
R.I.P
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by 4reala(m): 8:12am On Jul 18, 2016
Untainted007:
May God avert evil reports and evil incidents away from our lives. God's protection will be there for us till eternity. May d souls of d departed rest in peace.
Amen
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by Wolex143: 8:16am On Jul 18, 2016
R.i.p to the dead.
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by MzPecs(f): 8:22am On Jul 18, 2016
smithsydny:
God is merciful
Yes, he is..

Good morning. smiley
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by Nobody: 8:27am On Jul 18, 2016
The accidents on dat road were too much yesterday,from morning till night...R I P to d dead
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by Mskrisx(f): 8:40am On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=banmee post=47646436]

This has nothing to do with God, evil spirits, witches, wizards, etc. What it has to do with is, no Nigerian born and raised in Nigeria knows how to drive.

Just read ur comment and couldn't help but feel pity for my dear country.

1 Like

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by Untainted007: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
banmee:

This has nothing to do with God, evil spirits, witches, wizards, etc. What it has to do with is, no Nigerian born and raised in Nigeria knows how to drive. Driving is more that getting behind the wheel of a vehicle. True story; My organisation sent me to Germany to complete a project. It was supposed to take three years to complete but it eventually stretched out to six years. In all of those years, I did not see one accident. I know what you are thinking. You are thinking, "what's so special about that". Well, Germany is a country where you can drive as fast as you want on their autobahn. 200km, 300km, 400km, it does not matter. Imagine driving that fast and not seeing any accident. Do you know why that is? Because they understand that driving is a privilege and not a right. You phuck up and they take your driving privileges away quicker than you can blink an eye. I know what you are thinking again. You are thinking, "and so"? Well, to get a drivers license is almost as difficult as passing a Bar exam. And very expensive too. Almost 2,000 Euro. Who would want to risk being s.tupid behind a vehicle. Nigerians don't understand the responsibilities involved in owning and operating a vehicle and it's a shame. They think it is their right to drive. This is why people die like chickens on a daily basis.

Bros, you are very right but you know that, it has been the grace of God every human has been enjoying. I have heard of people who God miraculously helped out unhurt in accidents that could have claimed their lives; God may delay so people for a particular reason so they won't be joining vehicles that will perish on the way. I know we still have a long way to go in this country in so many areas. Roads aren't good, drivers aren't experienced, FRSC, VIO, LASTMA etc only focus on enriching thier pocket. I got my driver's licence even before I learnt how to drive properly. It's only God'd intervention we pray for in this country.
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by sarutobie(m): 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
tomquest:

I put it to you that bad road is not the main cause of auto crashes in Nigeria. THE MAJOR CAUSE OF ACCIDENTS IN NIGERIA IS THE MENTALITY OF NIGERIANS. Every Nigerian wants to prove to the other that he's smarter and that's what we see on the roads!

FCT Abuja has lots of clean, wide, pothole-less roads but go and see the number of crashes that happen each week on those good roads. Go and see for yourself how drivers at top speed change lanes without warning on those roads. Go and see how many times lone cars crash into ditches due to overspeeding and recklessness!

In Nigeria, there is a very terrible attitude to driving, road law enforcement and everything that has to do with safety. Our religiousity complicates issues too. A pastor is "flying" at 150 km/hr but all his passengers are relaxed because "Jesus" is driving and death is at bay! And in most cases, the tires are tokumbo or expired or both!

Yes some roads are bad but is that an excuse for a driver to kill himself and others? If you cook a pot of beans full of stones, shouldn't you apply some caution when masticating in order not to loose your teeth? Doesn't it amour to utter stupidity or imbecility to blame an accident completely on a bad road when you are not a stranger to the fact that most roads in Nigeria are bad and so you have to apply caution and never drive too fast?

I think Nigerians are used to the words RIP. That's all!
you have great insights and common sense! I have said it a lot of times here that bad roads kills less people than terrible, arrogant and careless drivers in Nigeria...people forget that cars are just bolts and nuts and wiring, they can fail at anytime. driving like a maniac thinking you're in charge of the vehicle is a sure way to meet your maker quicker...common sense should tell you to drive at a moderate speed (100km/h) when driving on dilapidated roads BUT no they won't...they believe that years of driving automatically makes them immune to accidents...Paul walker died on a smoothly paved road and with an equally smooth and sleek ride...why? carelessness!
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by Dickcious(m): 9:21am On Jul 18, 2016
Iykecee:
the burnt ones r not his eh?
Ai Tire O mai bruva...May God's mercy speak for us always!!!
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by RannyBenny(m): 9:29am On Jul 18, 2016
may their soul RIP[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by daneni1(m): 9:55am On Jul 18, 2016
Untainted007:
May God avert evil reports and evil incidents away from our lives. God's protection will be there for us till eternity but we too should take caution, we should consider our own safety too. May d souls of d departed rest in peace.

Jesus Christ said, "Resist not evil," for He knew in reality,
there is no evil, therefore nothing to resist. Evil has come of
man’s "vain imagination," or a belief in two powers, good
and evil.

Therefore, there is nothing like evil, believe evil does not exit in this life.

1 Like

Re: Driver And 2 Passengers Burnt On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway Today by TFLAME(m): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2016
Kaydeexotic:

Lool bro u neva sleep by now....I hail o

Hahahaha OMFG. .. U are on nairaland ... What's good bro , how u know say na me sef . I hail o

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Condition Of Nekede/Ihiagwa Road In Imo State (Death Trap) / Lokoja City Drive Through: Pictures & Video / FG Bars Air France, Lufthansa, KLM, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.