Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,743 members, 7,806,039 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:32 AM

Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies (4164 Views)

FIVE Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies / 50 Reasons Why Yoruba Never Had An Empire But Civilized By Benin / 50 Reasons Why Yoruba Never Had An Empire But Civilized By Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Viktoreze(m): 11:18pm On Jul 17, 2016
Although, there are usually arguments and fights when couples marry out of their tribes; they are bound to face and experience enmity from their partners’ families.
Despite all these, couples still find a way of sealing the gap between the torn families with their love. Yoruba and Igbo are two major tribes in Nigeria.

Both are powerful and represent a large portion of the population. There is an interaction between them just like with any other tribe in Nigeria, However, when the issue of marriage comes into play they handle it with sentiments. There are certain qualities possessed by ladies who are Igbo.

Just like each tribe has its own peculiarities, there are some things that are synonymous to Igbo women. They are basically important things one has to know before marrying an Igbo woman. This would help the relationship to thrive well and would help them reduce the chances of getting divorced.

Yoruba men who fall in love with Igbo ladies must have seen some of these traits and qualities in the women before deciding to marry them.

They know the battle they have to fight with that desire of theirs yet they are not discouraged. As liberal as a family could be, the members would always express their desire for their sons and daughters to marry within the clan or tribe. They would only accept the proposal in order not to ruin the happiness of their children. Find below some of the reasons why Yoruba men marry Igbo ladies:

1. Igbo women are home builders
It would be nice for us not to be sentimental when considering this issue. Igbo women are extremely dedicated in marriage. Now there would always be a few stray ones like we have in other tribes too; but when it comes to the effort they put into marriages, those ladies are quite commendable. Marriage means a great deal to them and divorce is a word they do not really entertain. Yoruba men go for them because they see the prospects in them.

2. They are excellent cooks
There are a number of leaves and vegetables that are being made into soups by the Igbo ladies. Most of them know how to cook and would feed a man until he cannot eat any longer.
Yoruba men know that they would taste different types of vegetables when they are married to Igbo ladies. we all know the way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.

3. Love knows no tribe
Some Yoruba men end up marrying Igbo ladies not because they had it planned out but because love happened. Love knows no tribe. At this point, they have no control over the person their hearts choose.
Not giving in to love may subject them to a lifetime of unhappiness at the long run. Moreover, they do not marry these ladies by force, there is usually a strong mutual consent by the parties involved as it is essential for them to work as a unit in order to gain the support of their family members.

4. They are accommodating:
Igbo people love having a full house; it is not strange finding uncles, aunties, nephews, cousins and distant relations spending holiday with them. Although they chat a lot, they enjoy good company. There are bad eggs among them too who have little or no tolerance for people.  Yoruba men know that marrying Igbo ladies who are well cultured and behaved will help them keep their family members together. Over time, the family members may start to see the good in them and love them too.

5. They belong to one Nigeria
Sometimes, men do not pay attention to tribal issues and condescending statements that may bring a tribe down. As far as they are concerned, the Igbo ladies are Nigerians like them too. For this reason, a Yoruba man could decide to choose his life partner from that tribe and live with her for the rest of his life. After all, marrying outside one’s tribe is not an offence that is punishable under law. As a matter of fact, it promotes cultural integration and helps the people of the country to bond better. It is interesting to know that there are people who think like this among us.

http://pullgist.com/interesting-igbo-men-here-are-5-reasons-why-yoruba-men-marry-igbo-ladies-no-2-and-4-will-shock-you/

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Kowor(f): 11:23pm On Jul 17, 2016
Lemme book space.... In case.

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Wh0AmI(m): 11:30pm On Jul 17, 2016
Simply put... "They are beautiful".

4 Likes

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by braivlife: 11:35pm On Jul 17, 2016
MySpace

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by vicstar(m): 11:39pm On Jul 17, 2016
• • • • • Nice one viktoreze cool I recommend it for FP

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Gbegiri101(m): 11:40pm On Jul 17, 2016
You think?? wink wink

Yoruba men love all spec, we don't discriminate.

TEAM PHOTOSHOOT; SUPPORT AND VOTE PHOTOSHOOT FOR MR NAIRALAND 2016. Your vote counts, do not waste it. www.nairaland.com/photoshoot

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Nobody: 12:09am On Jul 18, 2016
Op ..you omitted the vital pat of it......I have a lot of Yoruba friends so i can tell you the major reasons..

firstly,...they see Igbo women very attractive compare to their own...also they need to brake the re -circling of dark skin to dark skin which will reflex in their kids

secondly, Igbo women who marries outside their own does that out of desperation or she goes for the money

You can ask FFK or Atiku

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by greatbuc(m): 12:53am On Jul 18, 2016
I'm one those men.. All are true.
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by princefunmmy(m): 1:14am On Jul 18, 2016
Hmmmm. Why are the Igbo girls I meet different
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by YourNemesis: 5:54am On Jul 18, 2016
carmag:
Op ..you omitted the vital pat of it......I have a lot of Yoruba friends so i can tell you the major reasons..

firstly,...they see Igbo women very attractive compare to their own...also they need to brake the yoke of generations of dark skin to dark skin which will reflex in their kids

secondly, Igbo women who marries outside their own does that out of desperation or she goes for the money

You can ask FFK or Atiku

And when did having a dark skin become a generational yoke like you are describing it?
If I say may every single Igbo person darker than a Yoruba not see this coming week.....Will you say amen?

Secondly Igbo women who marry Yorubas don't do it out of desperation. Simply ask them, they Love Yoruba men It is a well known secret.
low life.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by zarakay(f): 7:10am On Jul 18, 2016
Really?
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by mikaelzX(m): 11:05am On Jul 18, 2016
Cultural difference shouldn't be a barrier to any marriage

2 Likes

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by questionspedia: 1:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
Really good it is

very happy to come here
and here tell you one thing that
http://questionspedia.com/deep-flirty-good-funny-questions-to-ask-a-girl.html is not so much diffcult for us

yes you listen correctly

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Nobody: 2:58am On Jul 19, 2016
YourNemesis:

And when did having a dark skin become a generational yoke like you are describing it?
If I say may every single Igbo person darker than a Yoruba not see this coming week.....Will you say amen?

Secondly Igbo women who marry Yorubas don't do it out of desperation. Simply ask them, they Love Yoruba men It is a well known secret.
low life.

I'm sorry for the use of (yoke ) but re-circle rather.

back to the topic...

I didn't mean they doesn't love Yoruba men as love knows no barriers or tribes ....but the fear of polygamy is the beginning of wisdom

what's the guarantee that a Yoruba man will not seek a second wife when his income increases....very few exceptions.. = 5/100

which Igbo women can be able to tolerate that, hence the fear for marring outside Igbo

Igbo women will rather quit her marriage rather than share her husband with another woman..

definitely there'll be conflicts if interest which isn't healthy in a family
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by macof(m): 5:58am On Jul 20, 2016
carmag:

firstly,...they see Igbo women very attractive compare to their own...also they need to brake the re -circling of dark skin to dark skin which will reflex in their kids

You can ask FFK or Atiku

it's paining you I know cus ur "reasons" are complete rubbish. I hope you don't live in yorubaland otherwise your sisters and future daughters will most likely end up pregnant for yoruba guys

4 Likes

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by gondon(m): 6:07am On Jul 20, 2016
carmag:

I'm sorry for the use of (yoke ) but re-circle rather.

back to the topic...

I didn't mean they doesn't love Yoruba men as love knows no barriers or tribes ....but the fear of polygamy is the beginning of wisdom

what's the guarantee that a Yoruba man will not seek a second wife when his income increases....very few exceptions.. = 5/100

which Igbo women can be able to tolerate that, hence the fear for marring outside Igbo

Igbo women will rather quit her marriage rather than share her husband with another woman..

definitely there'll be conflicts if interest which isn't healthy in a family

100% correct.
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by noble4d(m): 1:20pm On Jul 20, 2016
Hmm! The igbo girls that I've met is 'no money, no love '

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Viktoreze(m): 10:23am On Jul 31, 2016
Beautiful lands at ibeju-lekki,lovely estate,fenced and secured,once you pay your plot gets allocated to you immediately,click for more info https://www.nairaland.com/3203377/lekki-villas-phase-1-bogije

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by franklynsunny(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2016
Reli
Hw about vice versa?
Any idea qualities of a yoruba lady?i no of respect...wat else
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Viktoreze(m): 8:51am On Aug 07, 2016
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Noneroone(m): 4:58pm On Aug 07, 2016
macof:

it's paining you I know cus ur "reasons" are complete rubbish. I hope you don't live in yorubaland otherwise your sisters and future daughters will most likely end up pregnant for yoruba guys
nobody is talking of pregnancy. Unless you want to boast with the common practice in southwest where village youths use juju to lure female corpers into pregnancy (i have witnessed that). Otherwise the issue of Igbo girls marrying yorubas out of choice is more wishful than real.
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by macof(m): 5:14pm On Aug 07, 2016
Noneroone:
nobody is talking of pregnancy. Unless you want to boast with the common practice in southwest where village youths use juju to lure female corpers into pregnancy (i have witnessed that). Otherwise the issue of Igbo girls marrying yorubas out of choice is more wishful than real.

keep telling yourself that. go to Lagos and watch your girls chasing yoruba guys everywhere

4 Likes

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Noneroone(m): 5:32pm On Aug 07, 2016
macof:

keep telling yourself that. go to Lagos and watch your girls chasing yoruba guys everywhere
for the last time we are talking about marriage not 'pregnancy' or 'chasing'. When u see Igbo girl around a non Igbo especially yoruba and hausa, then the person is rich and she wants money. Even at that, most dont end up in marriage. This is the truth.

1 Like

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by macof(m): 10:53am On Aug 08, 2016
Noneroone:
for the last time we are talking about marriage not 'pregnancy' or 'chasing'. When u see Igbo girl around a non Igbo especially yoruba and hausa, then the person is rich and she wants money. Even at that, most dont end up in marriage. This is the truth.

grin oh I forgot you are used to having baseless relationship that only end with unwanted pregnancy.

at least you know igbo girls are shamelessly after money

2 Likes

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by agadez007(m): 9:31pm On Aug 08, 2016
yoruba girls/women can bleach for africa
saw one today,her veins are visible and green in colour,nearly puked

i am not a bigot,but if all other women disappear from this earth and there are only yorubas girls remaining,i would join the seminary
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Viktoreze(m): 2:20pm On Aug 14, 2016
For dry lands in gated estates @ibeju-lekki call Victor Eze on 08158961762

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Viktoreze(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2020
May the Lord strengthen you to walk through the valleys of this month with grace. May He grant you the courage to shoulder your responsibilities with candour and enjoy the blessings with humility. May the Lord who knows the end from the beginning make every crooked way smooth for you and May he bestow upon you the divine peace and wisdom which will enable you to smile through the trials for they are not "problems" as the rest of the world thinks but stepping stones to the exalted position that the Almighty has prepared for you.

I wish you a Happy New month, remain blessed.
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 07, 2020
Igbo women are home builders

Igbo women are not home builder, they are the opposite, FFK and his wife are perfect example,

They are excellent cooks

Is like people have been lying to you that igbo good is sweet, in many non-igbo land, people avoid igbo canteen.

Love knows no tribe
Correct

They are accommodating

Igbos and accommodation don't belong together in the same sentence

They belong to one Nigeria

The biggest lie of them all

Cheers

2 Likes

Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by ngadaAwo: 7:44am On Oct 07, 2020
[s]
MinorityOpinion:

Igbo women are not home builder, they are the opposite, FFK and his wife are perfect example,

Is like people have been lying to you that igbo good is sweet, in many non-igbo land, people avoid igbo canteen.

Correct

Igbos and accommodation don't belong together in the same sentence

The biggest lie of them all

Cheers
[/s]
trash trash trash
your opinion is minority as usual
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by adadike(f): 9:22am On Oct 07, 2020
Let's tell the truth for once. Yoruba girls are extremely dirty. From personal hygiene to general house cleanliness, Yoruba girls are very very dirty. That's why their men go for Igbo girls.
Secondly, Igbo kids are more stronger, bigger and more cute. You can't compare Igbo babies to any other region babies . They are the cutest, most healthy and most intelligent. And Divorce no dey for our dictionary. Igbo women are the best
Re: Interesting!!here Are 5 Reasons Why Yoruba Men Marry Igbo Ladies by BrownLondon(m): 1:19pm On Oct 07, 2020
adadike:
Let's tell the truth for once. Yoruba girls are extremely dirty. From personal hygiene to general house cleanliness, Yoruba girls are very very dirty. That's why their men go for Igbo girls.
Secondly, Igbo kids are more stronger, bigger and more cute. You can't compare Igbo babies to any other region babies . They are the cutest, most healthy and most intelligent. And Divorce no dey for our dictionary. Igbo women are the best
Chai, Yoruba girls are dirty? Didn't notice this Sha.

I really don't know why you guys from the east are found of downgrading others, while you lift yourselves.. Oga oo

Igbos are the cutest? I disagree, cuteness cut across every tribes, you will find beautiful and handsome women and men respectively in all ethnic groups, from Hausas/fulanis up north to Yorubas in SW to Ibos in SW, Ijaw SS, Efik, Bini in SW etcetera.

Back to the dirtiest, did you realise that Ariaria in Abia state is arguably the dirtiest environment in Nigeria, but yoruba girls are not the ones using Ariaria market nah.

I think it's time we stop over estimating ourselves, just take a look at how you belittle the great Yoruba tribe, does your write up make sense? No. Let's all respect ourselves.. respect is reciprocal.

Now if Igbos are the cutest why are you different? The picture attached below was gotten on your profile, if we are to judge the cutest tribe representing Igbos with you, then Igbos will come last, because you ain't attractive.

You look like an amoeba, hence Igbos are not the cutest... Why are you different?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

My First Time Seeing A Chubby Asian (pics) / 6 Places To Make Friends If You’re New To Lagos / Happy Easter 2015 Images, Pictures, Backgrounds, Wallpaper, Messages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.