Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,549 members, 7,809,013 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 PM

I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo (1906 Views)

Every Stupid Picture Ever / What Is The Matter With Glo (globacom) Network? / What Is Wrong With Glo Mobile Internet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by kliverpool(m): 11:30am On Sep 14, 2009
What is going on with GLO?and other telecommunication company.(etisalat $1m promo)
Glo keep sending people text msgs telling them they have been shortlisted for the promo and they should keep on txting
each text cost 100Naira

the most annoying one they called me today with 0555.saying longtime no see bla bla bla
some body should stop them now.
its just so sad that anybody can do anything in this country.

are they now in the LOTO business?
do they have license to run LOTO?
Who is monitoring these companies.
under the law certain amount of LOTO money should go to the government and certain amount should go to the pple
playing it.
How much are they giving back ?

i have glo line and i love what they have done in the industry but this is not right.
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by Dclique(m): 11:47am On Sep 14, 2009
Hold on. I don't get you.
Are you angry because you've been texting and didn't win or other people are texting and they havn't won anything.
Or you just want them to stop the promo. What exactly is your beef?.
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by kliverpool(m): 12:27pm On Sep 14, 2009
i did not text them

the number of text msg they send to people is annoying
why do they have to go further by calling people
they are disturbing people.including me

is like they are desperate
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by honsule(m): 2:46pm On Sep 14, 2009
That call you received is from fraudstar.if you fall for it,then you be mugu.Glo will only call you when you are a winner.BEWARE!
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by agoro2u: 4:36pm On Sep 14, 2009
the rate @ this glo pple disturb us with dia sms is embarasing they should limit dia advert to mass media. U can imagin them send @least 5 sms to me aday.It by force.
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by zenus(m): 5:00pm On Sep 14, 2009
does ppl win this glo stuff at all
I just play 1 time and they keep sending me text all the time
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by tunnex190: 5:17pm On Sep 14, 2009
I believed one of their agents might have read you guys expression of dissatisfactions
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by donjon: 11:01pm On Sep 15, 2009
D SPIRIT OF 419 IS IN UR FONE! GO & USE VISAFONE. SIMPLE
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by donjon: 11:02pm On Sep 15, 2009
D SPIRIT OF 419 IS IN UR FONE! GO & USE VISAFONE. SIMPLE
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by tunnex190: 5:22am On Sep 16, 2009
:d
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by Dclique(m): 8:42am On Sep 16, 2009
Hehehe.
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by zenus(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2009
@donjon (

maybe u be visafone agent
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by zenus(m): 10:37am On Sep 16, 2009
@donjon

maybe u be visafone agent
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by goggs(m): 11:02pm On Sep 16, 2009
been getting the texts and calls, some from the number 0555 and others from +27*********. All the calls ask for your 100 bucks in a questionable lottery like game.

Maybe glo needs money to pay Alcatel Lucent for the recent fiber optic cable brought to Nigeria.

Do the math. if subscribers text 4 million times (some dudes may text more than once) then its 400million naira to be raked in based on  the cost of N100 per text message. if they give out 50 million in prices and another 50 million on adverts, the cost of texting, hiring the halls, getting journalist to cover the event, posters etc. The 'return' on 'investment' may be N300 million or more. Of course the return can be more than this. At least u get the idea.

Now assume that 2 million people text five times each, thats a billion bucks. To throw caution into the wind and speculate wildly; if half of glo's 20 million subscribers fall for the gimick,   shocked (i shudder).
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by deoyel25(m): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2009
Hmmm
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by zenus(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2009
this glo stuff is the advance 419,

can u imagine they keep sendin us text to dash them N100,

how many point does it require 1 to win at least N50
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by Bawss1(m): 10:12pm On Sep 21, 2009
goggs:

been getting the texts and calls, some from the number 0555 and others from +27*********. All the calls ask for your 100 bucks in a questionable lottery like game.

Maybe glo needs money to pay Alcatel Lucent for the recent fiber optic cable brought to Nigeria.

Do the math. if subscribers text 4 million times (some dudes may text more than once) then its 400million naira to be raked in based on  the cost of N100 per text message. if they give out 50 million in prices and another 50 million on adverts, the cost of texting, hiring the halls, getting journalist to cover the event, posters etc. The 'return' on 'investment' may be N300 million or more. Of course the return can be more than this. At least u get the idea.

Now assume that 2 million people text five times each, thats a billion bucks. To throw caution into the wind and speculate wildly; if half of glo's 20 million subscribers fall for the gimick,   shocked (i shudder).

Yeah quite interesting when you consider that sms is a service that is generated at no cost to the operators.
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by tokunegiye(m): 3:29pm On Sep 23, 2009
abi you no know say this glo people no learn something. that is how they have being disturbing my peace
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by luluosas(m): 7:02pm On Sep 23, 2009
Do they force you to send WIN to 555? Simply ignore it if you are not interested. Afterall, the game sorry promo will end on the 3rd of October 2009.
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by abrahym(m): 9:10am On Sep 24, 2009
Help PLZ hw do i migrate to glo free nite call? I just got a glo simcard
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by luluosas(m): 9:25am On Sep 24, 2009
abrahym

Help PLZ hw do i migrate to glo free nite call? I just got a glo simcard

Simple. Just dial *100*3*1#. Remember, it is a promotional offer from glo with a minimun usage of N100 per 7 days. Happy hours you go.
Re: I Am Very Angry With Glo Stupid Promo by abrahym(m): 11:55pm On Sep 24, 2009
Thanx bro,hw do i add family and friendz

(1) (Reply)

Use Free Software To Block Any Unwanted Calls From Your Blackberry Phone. / Glo Overload Now Gives 400% Bonus / 10 Upcoming Smartphones Come 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.