Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,256 members, 7,807,884 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:34 PM

Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG (28626 Views)

My Predecessors Left With 22 Police Vehicles –arase / Missing Police Vehicles Found; IGP Staff Cars Under Repair; One Returned / Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by midolian(m): 5:32am On Jul 18, 2016
The acting Inspector-General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, says his predecessor, Solomon Arase,  went away with 24 police vehicles while the seven Deputy Inspectors-General of Police, who retired alongside him, also carted away between seven and eight cars each.

Idris stated that he had written Arase to return the cars, which included two official bullet-proof BMW 7 series cars, adding that the retired police chief and his DIGs had yet to return the vehicles.

The IG, who said this during an interview with journalists on Sunday in Abuja, explained that a special investigation team was already looking at the records of police vehicle purchases in the last three years as well as how they were distributed.

Arase, however, denied the allegations of his successor, saying he didn’t go away with any police vehicle.

The former IG, who spoke to our correspondent on the telephone on Sunday, denied taking away 24 police cars, describing the allegations as a malicious propaganda.

Arase advised Idris to squarely face security issues confronting the country rather than engaging in “media propaganda.”

He said, “What am I going to do with 24 cars? Do I want to open a car shop? This is a malicious accusation. There are ways of verifying issues rather than engaging in media propaganda.”

But Idris, explaining the steps he had taken, said, “If you look through the windows of my former office and from the report from my (Force) transport officer, you would see cars but a week to the day I would resume, all these cars disappeared.

“So, what I am telling you is that I have signed a directive to my SIP (I have a special investigation panel, I set it up). It is going to investigate all the vehicle purchases, contributions to the police and the distribution of those vehicles in the last three years; we are going to look into that.

“When I took over, there was no vehicle, even the vehicle I would use. I discovered the last IG went away with 24 vehicles; the DIGs, some of them eight, some of them seven. The IG’s vehicles included two BMW 7 series, one armoured; and he left me with an old car.

“The last time I followed the President with it, he was asking me, ‘what are you doing with this old car’ because if you see the headlight, the thing has changed colour, which means they parked it and rains and everything had fallen on it, but the new ones that were bought, he (Arase) went with all of them; they are part of the 24.

“I wrote back to him and said, we have a policy that says when a policeman retires, if you are an IG, AIG, a CP, you are entitled to some vehicles; please, the extra, return it. Four vehicles are enough for an average human being, but what will you even do with four vehicles; but he took 24 vehicles, including two BMW cars.

“I wrote to him (Arase), I wrote to the DIGs.”

Idris disclosed that the Police Management Team would probe the last promotion in the Force following complaints by many police personnel that their juniors were promoted over them.

He explained that the probe was to address the discrepancies and complaints by aggrieved police personnel, who were allegedly short-changed during the exercise.

Idris stated that the probe panel would be set up to verify if the promotion was in line with the police service commission policy and regulations.

The IG explained that his focus was to run a democratic police organisation, which would be responsive and accountable.

He added that he had directed some audit firms to audit all police investments to make them more transparent and ensure that the rank and file, who were also shareholders, had more say in the police companies.

On strategies to curb the increasing wave of kidnapping and other crimes, Idris said he would strengthen, retrain and equip the Special Anti-Robbery Squad to be more responsive and responsible.

He said he recently removed some Area Commanders in Rivers and Kogi states when he learnt that they had been compromised.

http://punchng.com/arase-left-24-police-vehicles-acting-ig/

5 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by Mynd44: 5:33am On Jul 18, 2016
Arase to the acting IG right now

109 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by CecyAdrian(f): 5:36am On Jul 18, 2016
Hmmmm, 24 cars!! Does he intend opening a car business?

6 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by Pangea: 5:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Same same
Business as usual
Another president's man actively perpetrating corruption.

15 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by gunpoint(m): 5:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Dear Idris

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by otokx(m): 5:39am On Jul 18, 2016
There should be a Luxury tax that should be charged to all car owners, FG should start by increasing vehicle registration from 1875 to 4875 for all car owners annually.

Armoured cars should pay nothing less than 50000 per annum.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by midolian(m): 5:41am On Jul 18, 2016
Arase ----24 Police Vehicles(including 2 official bullet-proof BMW Series).

Hmmm, I see another Dasuki in the making. This is not good for Nigeria at this point in time

12 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by jericco1(m): 5:45am On Jul 18, 2016
Arase how far na, what will you do with 24 vehicles? Na workshop you wan open neh

17 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by MidasTouche01(m): 5:51am On Jul 18, 2016
Yawa is about to gas grin

Sagaxity

"Idris is sounding so clean, holy and corrupt free. We are waiting for Sahara Reporters to look into your file...

But must everything in Nigeria go through the media?? Why don't he (idris) do his homework and then come to the media with something plausible than with this useless and baseless accusations only trying to smear his(Arase) good name, scoring very cheap points for yourself....are we actually growing?

16 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by bewla(m): 5:51am On Jul 18, 2016
pls dont start it
Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by edbor(m): 5:54am On Jul 18, 2016
don't get it wrong, am sure they were on lease to the NPF pending the end of his tenure grin

3 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by makazona(m): 5:54am On Jul 18, 2016
Media Court where people are guilty until proven innocent, is now the order of the day.

Must he rush to the media just to sound like a good guy n the Retired officers, the bad guys.

SMH for media trial/justice

93 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by kokozain(m): 5:59am On Jul 18, 2016
Who do we now trust?
Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by Nobody: 6:00am On Jul 18, 2016
sad
Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by lumzybo: 6:05am On Jul 18, 2016
Make this pple fear God na. angry

1 Like

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by speeder(m): 6:07am On Jul 18, 2016
Buhari man of integrity my foot.

5 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by midolian(m): 6:09am On Jul 18, 2016
speeder:
Buhari man of integrity my foot.
how does this concern Buhari?

21 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by odave: 6:10am On Jul 18, 2016
the next is efcc, d guy sha wan impress his cow master so as to retain the job. foolish and retarded ppl.

17 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by daniska3yaro(m): 6:10am On Jul 18, 2016
Arase fault,instead make him put him boy,him put is cow bt hmmm.
If obasanjo could betray Gej, Brutus could betray Ceaser, idris betray arase, subordinates betray their commander, treachery is as old as the world.

2 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by daniska3yaro(m): 6:12am On Jul 18, 2016
otokx:
There should be a Luxury tax that should be charged to all car owners, FG should start by increasing vehicle registration from 1875 to 4875 for all car owners annually.

Armoured cars should pay nothing less than 50000 per annum.

when u have a car,u wouldn't say is stuff.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by GogetterMD(m): 6:13am On Jul 18, 2016
Eleyi gidi gan undecided
Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by Nobody: 6:14am On Jul 18, 2016
Someone should tell the new Police boss that he has serious policing job to do instead of behaving like a social media miscreant like Dino melaye and FFk.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by psucc(m): 6:15am On Jul 18, 2016
This man had been infected with the APC venom.
Who will deliver this country then?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by kulikuli26: 6:22am On Jul 18, 2016
I really don't believe this is the best way Idris should treat his former colleagues and bosses. He should have waited for their official response and full investigation completed before rushing to the press. To my mind, I feel Idris will operate like Magu by making careless statements up and down. Anyway, your best bet of showing competence on any appointment in Nigeria today is to show you are catching thieves even if you are failing in your core responsibility. May God help us.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by disloman(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2016
Nigeria!What a country
Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by djlawex02(m): 6:26am On Jul 18, 2016
Idris abeg all this things no concern me o, I heard say nah una dey delay our appointment into the service, please do quick and release the zonal screening list.

2 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by Nobody: 6:29am On Jul 18, 2016
dem take corruption swear for Nigeria ni. haha. No wonder the country is so backward and fantastically corrupt.
Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by kuuljay(m): 6:32am On Jul 18, 2016
As usual our youth will scream witch hunt or media trial, are we a cursed generation? I hope not

1 Like

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by tellwisdom: 6:33am On Jul 18, 2016
Too many foolish people in power sad

6 Likes

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by bigtt76(f): 6:36am On Jul 18, 2016
They haff started again awon sufferers of 'Past Regime Syndrome (PRS)'. Arase sef .....what would you do with 24 cars? Well sell and fund your son's Masters in the UK naaaa tongue

1 Like

Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by jazinogold(m): 6:53am On Jul 18, 2016
shuu...dy don start again!
Re: Arase Left With 24 Police Vehicles –acting IG by ckmayoca: 7:22am On Jul 18, 2016
When he gets to kuje make we knw so we can send him someone to teach him a lsesson.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu: Those Who Brought Obaseki From Nowhere Can Look Elsewhere / Lagos Fire Fighters Battle Tanker Fire In Mushin (Pictures) / INEC CARD READER: See What Nigerians Are Saying About Their Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.