Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,047 members, 7,807,148 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS (13340 Views)

"We Are Not Corrupt!" - Nigerian Police To NBS / Northwest, Northeast Top Bribery Prevalence Rate In Nigeria- NBS / Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo Era (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by LordVarys: 8:36am On Jul 18, 2016
The consumer price index (CPI) measuring inflation in the Nigerian economy rose to its highest point since former President Olusegun Obasanjo’s days as the first citizen of Nigeria.

The inflation report released by the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) shows that inflation for the month of June spiked to its highest point since October 2005 — 11 years.

Inflation rose from 15.6 percent in May 2016 to 16.5 percent in June 2016, as energy and food prices weigh in heavy on inflation for the month.

Goldman Sachs, an American multinational banking and investment firm, forecasts that Nigeria’s inflation will not rise above 20 percent in 2016, before it takes retreats to lower levels.

https://www.thecable.ng/just-in-inflation-hits-highest-point-since-obasanjos-presidency#.V4yFJnp7xUA.twitter

2 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Fedayeen02: 8:43am On Jul 18, 2016
Buhari is the definition of the word dullard

129 Likes 12 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Dbboy(m): 8:44am On Jul 18, 2016
Buharinomic grin

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Fedayeen02: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2016
Where is the economic team?

Where are the gains of China visit

WHERE HAVE THE ZOMBIES GONE

135 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eleojo23: 8:45am On Jul 18, 2016
And some people said we should not blame Buhari for anything.

angry

52 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Jirate(m): 8:45am On Jul 18, 2016

And the dummy is boasting that if election is done today, he would still win, might be he thinks Nigerians are synonymous with hardship. If only he knows how much anger we have for him, he would just vacate that office and run away. cool

113 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eyeview: 8:46am On Jul 18, 2016
I propose that Nigerians should compile a list of all the people who have served in this govt,from the president himself to the least political office holder.
And then a law should be made that none of them serve in any subsequent govt in this nation so that they don't by any chance infest that govt with this failure because failure is contagious

76 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by mrvitalis(m): 8:50am On Jul 18, 2016
Nigerians don't really understand how bad our situation is.... We would have ended up. Like Greece if care was not taken

I won't even waste my time trying to reply non economics inclined post

The present situation would take years to get out, this what happens when u refused to save when u are meant to

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eleojo23: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:
Nigerians don't really understand how bad our situation is.... We would have ended up. Like Greece if care was not taken

The present situation would take years to get out, this what happens when u refused to save when u are meant to

And what exactly is Buhari and his team doing so that we don't eventually end up like Greece?
These trial and error policies?

Most of what we have seen is trial and error economics and it is killing the chances of the economy bouncing back any time soon.

85 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by dealordea(m): 8:55am On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

Bro this is not about saving! It is about leaving the economy to fight corruption! Leaving our economy on autopilot for 6 months and traveling up and down without direction! America didn't save during their recession time but Obama didn't leave economy to fight corruption! He has plans and he execute everything accordingly! Your dullardino is busy fighting corruption while the economy is going backward

106 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2016
Nigeria in serious trouble.
we need divine intervention

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Nobody: 8:55am On Jul 18, 2016
Nigeria in serious trouble.
we need divine intervention

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Nobody: 9:00am On Jul 18, 2016
like I care

OP note that the economy will never come down....we the people will only step up and meet the standard of leaving

meanwhile make I park here

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by mrvitalis(m): 9:00am On Jul 18, 2016
eleojo23:

And what exactly is Buhari and his team doing so that we don't eventually end up like Greece?
Most of what we have seen is trial and error economics and it is killing the chances of the economy bouncing back any time soon.
Repositioning nnpc as a profitable Company
Revitalising ajokuta steel company
The rail system
The youth grants
U really read and retain what u want bro
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Jirate(m): 9:06am On Jul 18, 2016
mrvitalis:

How much did Obj get from the military when he took over, your own Zombieism no be here, go for treatment, fast. cool

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eleojo23: 9:08am On Jul 18, 2016
Jirate:

How much did Obj get from the military when he took over, your own Zombieism no be here, go for treatment, fast. cool

I think the guy needs this...

69 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by iokpebholo: 9:08am On Jul 18, 2016
Asking Buhari to fix d economy is like asking me to invent an Aeroplane.

64 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Mylove55(f): 9:11am On Jul 18, 2016
eleojo23:

d solution is clear, just simply tell ur ineffectual buffoon and his gang to just return our money, those dollars they pile in their bedroom and in d bush. for now, let us enjoy d effect of d madness of d past 16yrs of pdp
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eleojo23: 9:18am On Jul 18, 2016
Mylove55:
d solution is clear, just simply tell ur ineffectual buffoon and his gang to just return our money, those dollars they pile in their bedroom and in d bush. for now, let us enjoy d effect of d madness of d past 16yrs of pdp

What is this one saying?
Please take your medicine

79 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Mylove55(f): 9:26am On Jul 18, 2016
Jirate:

And the dummy is boasting that if election is done today, he would still win, If only he knows how much anger we have for him, he would just vacate that office and run away. cool
is only flat heads ipod that is stil angry over gej election loss, if not, all anger should be channel to ineffection buffoon, and is just a tip of d iceberg of what has be discover and recover from ur ineffectual buffoon cronies
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by mrvitalis(m): 9:31am On Jul 18, 2016
Jirate:

The economics of foreign reserves is simply
OBJ might have gotten 3 billion dollars as of 1999 but that would have been enough to meet our dollar demand for 10-18 month
Buhari met 28 billion and this was less that 3 months dollar supply..
The times are different and the demand for dollar is different... The demand for dollar is very high now and that's the truth
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Mylove55(f): 9:36am On Jul 18, 2016
dealordea:

Bro this is not about saving! It is about leaving the economy to fight corruption! America didn't save during their recession time but Obama didn't leave economy to fight corruption! pmb is busy fighting corruption while the economy is going backward
corruption were not killing america d way it has kill us, corruption is not d problem of america d way is our problem. and u cant expect nigeria to be like US within a year
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by Mylove55(f): 9:46am On Jul 18, 2016
eleojo23:

What is this one saying?
Please take your medicine
are u ok? just to tell ur corrupt hero to return what they stole, u are asking which village u came from. or u smoke weed dis early morning?
Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by NFFGG: 9:51am On Jul 18, 2016
That is the reward we got from a purported agent of change call APC. Jonanthan prophecies have come to pass. He warned nigerians against voting for APC and its presidential candidate but we did not listen because of corruption in that government. We only look at the weakness in the government. We were blind to his achievement. I have no regret anyway cos I do not actually voted for this government.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by megawax8: 9:57am On Jul 18, 2016
This just confirms the wrong policy decisions the government keep making.

God Help Us.

3 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eleojo23: 10:04am On Jul 18, 2016
Mylove55:
are u ok? just to tell ur corrupt hero to return what they stole, u are asking which village u came from. or u smoke weed dis early morning?
It's just best to ignore you.

Have a nice day!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by dadebayo1(m): 10:08am On Jul 18, 2016
Obj said something few months ago.......

2 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by ayzTIGER: 10:22am On Jul 18, 2016
No matter what i will vote Buhari again......Omenka2016

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by ckmayoca: 10:24am On Jul 18, 2016
And this man still prefer opening Big bola Ige case at this crucial time. We don enter ham truely.

11 Likes

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by eyeview: 10:28am On Jul 18, 2016
Mylove55:
is only flat heads ipod that is stil angry over gej election loss, if not, all anger should be channel to ineffection buffoon, and is just a tip of d iceberg of what has be discover and recover from ur ineffectual buffoon cronies
Why are you introducing tribal bigotry into a data released by NBS. Is statistics igbo too?
You that is happy with buhari's victory,are you blind to these facts raised by the inflation statistics or does being a zombie mean denying what is actually in your front?
Why can't zombies like you ever reason in the line of facts without derailing to tribal deviation? Are you really incapable of objective reasoning.
Disgusting

48 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Inflation Hits Highest Point Since Obasanjo’s Presidency - NBS by DIKEnaWAR: 10:29am On Jul 18, 2016
This can only be a breaking news to Buhari and his supporters. We knew before he came into office that this is going to happen.

Doubt me? Check his records in 1983-85.

A country that hates reading about its history is bound to repeat its mistake over and over again.

18 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Police Uses Teargas On "Freezakzaky" Protesters In Abuja (Photos) / Coalition Threatens To Force Amnesty International Out Of Nigeria. / I Did Not Vote Manually' - Lai Mohammed Reacts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.