Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,384 members, 7,800,776 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 06:28 AM

Retired IG Of Police Solomon Arase To Be Probed For Mismanagement - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Retired IG Of Police Solomon Arase To Be Probed For Mismanagement (585 Views)

GEJ Denies Being Probed for Alledged Links to the NDA. Threatens Libel Suit / IPOB Declares Solomon Arase Wanted Just 24 Hours After Retirement / Buhari's Panel Reveals When Jonathan Can Be Probed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Retired IG Of Police Solomon Arase To Be Probed For Mismanagement by netghost: 8:38am On Jul 18, 2016
Following the retirement of the just IG of Police and the handing over to AIG Idris, an investigation is said to be lunched against the past IG into the miss management of police funds and biased promotions with the Nigerian Police Force, Idris said the vehicles were still in the premises of the Louis Edet House at least one week before his appointment as the police helmsman. And that preliminary investigations have revealed that his predecessor, Solomon Arase, alone took 24 of the vehicles, while some of the retired Deputy Inspectors-General of Police also went away with as many as they wanted. Speaking with newsmen on sunday. Idris said letters have already been sent to Arase and the DIGs, adding that the former IGP was entitled to only four vehicles. He said:

“A week before I was announced, when you look through my office window, you could see so many cars. But the cars all disappeared when I came in. “What I did in that was to assign a directive to the Special Investigative Unit for them to investigate all vehicles’ purchases and donations to the police in the last three years as well as their positions. “When I took over, there were no vehicles. “I discovered that the last IG went away with 24 vehicles, including two BMWs. “The DIGs some took seven, others eight. “And they left me with an old vehicle. “Even the one I follow the President with, the last time I went for an engagement, the President asked what I was doing with that kind of vehicle. “The headlight has changed colour, which means it was parked for long under the rain. “But the new ones that were bought, including an Armoured BMW 7 series, he took them away. “So, I wrote to him and reminded him of the police rule. “When a policeman retires as IG, DIG, AIG or CP, he is entitled to some vehicles. “And so, he should take his entitlement and return the extra. “I believe four vehicles are enough for an average person. “What does one need 24 vehicles for?”

He said everything possible would be done to ensure fairness, adding that he also suffered such injustice as he spent five years as Commissioner of Police, while some of his juniors were promoted above him. He said:

“Before I travelled to Maiduguri, that is last week to be precise, I got a petition from the House of Representatives on police promotion. “Several police officers are not happy with the promotion. “I have said it in my inauguration speech that the police will be ran as a democratic institution-responsible, accountable and representative police. “That is the police that Nigerian people need. “Because we are supposed to be responsive, the yearnings of the people have to be realised. “The issue of promotion has a way of dampening one’s spirit. “I know how it feels. “I was CP for five years while some of my colleagues who became CP were made AIGs within two years. “So, I know how it feels. “We have discussed it before I travelled. The new management will investigate the recent promotions. We will constitute a panel to see if the promotions were done in line with the Police Service Commission rules. “This is a constitutional issue. There is a policy and we need to find out if these promotions were done in accordance with laid down principles.”

source: http://nevershared.com/retired-ig-of-police-solomon-arase-to-be-probed/
Re: Retired IG Of Police Solomon Arase To Be Probed For Mismanagement by Yourskills(m): 9:18am On Jul 18, 2016
probers probing

(1) (Reply)

10 Political Battles Since The Inception Of President Buhari's Administration / Re: Federal Allocation To States For The Month Of July 2016 / Finally There Is Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.