Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,650 members, 7,801,898 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:39 AM

Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad (27573 Views)

10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / Indimi Daughters In A Private Jet As They Fly Back To Nigeria From Saudi Arabia / Five Businesses You Can Run With Your Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by ndPeter(m): 2:32pm On Jul 18, 2016
Samabu07:
You have given some folks insights into niches they can venture. But with the disheartening state of our economy one can't successfully start an online business.
Hopefully waiting for naira to gain value so I could start a my idea.

The naira has gained value at certain times this year, but marginally. How much value are you waiting for the naira to gain?
How it's not the kind of value that'll make you wait for 10 years

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Godwin616: 2:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nice post.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by lordmayor4(m): 2:36pm On Jul 18, 2016
How do I run an auction website for wholesale and closeout sales of goods from the usa and China?

That's what I wanna set up
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Victorakats(m): 2:54pm On Jul 18, 2016
shinbat4luv:
am into blogging and I know how to design website very well, you can check www.eaglegist.com to see what I mean but my blog is not having encouraging traffic. please who can help me out on this. compensation is attached
You can send an email to me and notify my for more information.
Thank you.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by 1miccza: 3:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nice one OP,i'll like to learn more abou blogging from you. How do i do that??
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Samabu07(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2016
ndPeter:

The naira has gained value at certain times this year, but marginally. How much value are you waiting for the naira to gain?
How it's not the kind of value that'll make you wait for 10 years
At least let it go how it used to be before The current Administration came into Power. Though, would slightly go into other areas as Naira and Dollar stabilise for the common man.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by ndPeter(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2016
Samabu07:

At least let it go how it used to be before The current Administration came into Power. Though, would slightly go into other areas as Naira and Dollar stabilise for the common man.

That'll be a long while

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by spinnerush(m): 3:38pm On Jul 18, 2016
Op u forget 2add bet9ja business grin cheesy
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by cooludochi: 4:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
lordmayor4:
How do I run an auction website for wholesale and closeout sales of goods from the usa and China?

1. First you need to make sure your Goods are available and consistent as you wouldn't want a situation of *out of stock* to kill ur business.
2. You make sure your Goods are insittu(in Nigeria)
3. Get A Manager
4. Get A store keeper
Lastly, outsource your dispatch services, or set up a dispatch service.
For further information n
...casmirmanuel.u@gmail.com... Rarely available on nairaland
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Samabu07(m): 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2016
ndPeter:

That'll be a long while
I am optimistic.

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Iseoluwani: 5:28pm On Jul 18, 2016
leksmedia:
When it comes to running a business locally in Nigeria from abroad, it is usually one herculean task. As there are a lot of things involved. Some of the major challenge in running a business in Nigerian from overseas is due to the following; “the Nigerian factor” , little Knowledge of the Nigerian market, lack of experience , the technical know how , High cost of running the businesses in Nigeria, poor management skills etc.

With all the listed characteristics, that doesn’t mean it is impossible to run a successful business in Nigeria, while you are abroad. One of the most important factor is having a great knowledge of the business and the environment, the technical know how, the right partners and putting in check and balances to ensure everyone sticks with the main goal of the business and avoid business that needs your presence to run effectively. We will be focusing on businesses that doesn’t need 100% of your presence.
Here are some of the businesses you can run in Nigeria from abroad.

1. Online Store: An online store is a form of online business where you list your products or services on your website and where customers can order for the products or services online.

How to Start an Online Store

a. Choose a niche or decide what you want to sell

b. Do a proper and comprehensive market research and feasibility study

c. Do proper research, know the business, understand the market, your competitor etc

d. Get a good website designer

2. Property and real estate : Another business you can run abroad is real estate and properties business. Real estate is one of the few business that hardly go down in the global market. Based on this fact, it barely needs your presence. buy plots from genuine real estate companies, wait for some years and resell to make profit or buy cheap properties , fix it ,make it better and resell for profit, Another way to go about this is buy or build an edifice which could be residential or commercial and lease it out and get paid yearly.

3. Sales and Shipping Consultant: There is a major gold mine that people often neglect. There are millions of Nigerians that buy goods from abroad every year and needs these goods to be shipped to Nigeria. You could bridge the gap by helping them to buy these goods and get them delivered here in Nigeria and charge them a token as service charge.

4. Import and Export : One of the easiest and most popular business to run from abroad is exporting of goods to Nigeria and in return, you can choose to import other valuables into Nigeria.

5. Travel Consultant: Become a travel consultant, with your few years experience travelling, you can put it to use by becoming a travel consultant to millions of Nigerians who travel or plan to travel out if the country yearly.

6. Blogging: Thank God for Internet, you can simply run a successful blog from the comfort of your home and still make a good living. Blogging is the art of writing about a subject matter placing it on a website (blog) to educate, entertain or enlighten people about a subject matter.

Check how to create a blog

7. Become an Investor: This is a little bit tricky, but with proper research , you will get major investment platforms that yields high return on investment (RIO). You could choose to invest in a business and make money while you are away. Always put things in black and white before going into partnerships.

8. Web design and IT related services: Another business you can run abroad is web design and IT related services like online branding, programming, online management , social media management, database management etc. These are services that doesn’t require you to be on ground to execute.

Source : Business Mopol

EASIER SAID THAN DONE

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by leksmedia: 6:55pm On Jul 18, 2016
fabre4:

what kind of investment is safe in Nigeria. shares?

Truth is no investment is 100% safe , first of all you need to ask yourself are you looking at short term or long term?

Real estate is a good start
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by OmerianConsult: 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2016

@Investor: With a population and consumer market of 170 million, Nigeria is a goldmine! All our challenges are great opportunities which many people are making great profit from. The whole world is scrambling to invest here, your being a Nigerian gives you a great advantage.

Recession you say? Such periods are when wealth changes hands. Opportunities will always be there if you have the insight. Warren Buffet became the world's richest man during the meltdown of 2008.
The high exchange rate makes your money even more valuable here at this time.

Why let your money lie idle or depreciate over there when you can grow it here.
We can guide you in investing here profitably with peace of mind.
Contact us- 08188360168. 08132232989 (Whataspp). omerianconsult@gmail.com

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by AreaFada2: 8:45pm On Jul 18, 2016
legendte:
Real estate is the real deal

It depends.

I'm still chasing evicted tenants to pay money owed. Meanwhile lawyer has already collected his money go siddon jeje.

In fact he's the one now telling me the former tenants have no proper income source now.

I have been wondering who paid his fees, me or the former tenants. Though my memory tells me I paid him. grin cheesy
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by fabre4: 8:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
leksmedia:

Truth is no investment is 100% safe , first of all you need to ask yourself are you looking at short term or long term?

Real estate is a good start

long term
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Absan86(m): 7:30am On Jul 19, 2016
Nice one...
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by mindtricks: 7:53am On Jul 19, 2016
Op you be real mopol.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by OmerianConsult: 8:21am On Jul 19, 2016
lordmayor4:

Contact us on omerianconsult@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by OmerianConsult: 8:39am On Jul 19, 2016
AreaFada2:

It depends.

I'm still chasing evicted tenants to pay money owed. Meanwhile lawyer has already collected his money go siddon jeje.

In fact he's the one now telling me the former tenants have no proper income source now.
Background research of prospective tenants is one of the primary areas of real estates management. You simply got a bad manager.
Real estates is a great investment any day. It quietly appreciates when most of the others crumble.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by AreaFada2: 9:19am On Jul 19, 2016
OmerianConsult:
Background research of prospective tenants is one of the primary areas of real estates management. You simply got a bad manager.
Real estates is a great investment any day. It quietly appreciates when most of the others crumble.

True. But getting people to do the right thing in your absence is easier said than done. Human factor is massive.

But like you said, it increases in value. I'm currently renovating a property I put up 20 years ago. The area is now developed and that thought "I wish I got some more plots of land around here then" is lingering there now. But that cash is never really just sitting there anyway.

Same will be said of new areas in 10 to 20 years time.

I have tried several other businesses from cars to shop to farming. The stories are the same.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by ndPeter(m): 1:19am On Aug 08, 2016
Samabu07:

Are you still optimistic?

1 Like

Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Samabu07(m): 2:47pm On Aug 29, 2016
ndPeter:

Are you still optimistic?
Even though the situation looks far from it, yes I am Optimistic.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by leksmedia: 11:57am On Sep 14, 2016
It will surely get better someday, we just need to be smart
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by leksmedia: 9:13am On Oct 17, 2016
There are several opportunities
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by WebclickNG: 9:34am On Oct 17, 2016
The Nigeria Recession Survival Group is a Facebook support group to help individuals and small business owners to survive the current recession in Nigeria. Join us now @ https://www./NigeriaRecessionSurvival/
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by ryanfci: 9:41am On Oct 17, 2016
Hi Guys,

I know the devaluation of the Naira is a big problem. And with people starting business ventures there is no better time to sign up with an FCA regulated FX broker in London to handle your business' international payments.

We have a relationship with Standard Charter Bank that provide us our liquidity for up to $5 million USD equivalent per day to be transferred for business reasons only.

We have countless clients that would go nowhere else for their FX needs, amongst these are football clubs in the EFL Championship and will soon be in the EPL.

We will always provide a better rate than the black market rates and are keen to help where we can in the current economical time.

Contact me on ryan.williams@fci-ltd.co.uk for more information on how to get an account open for your business.

Ryan.
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by leksmedia: 11:05am On Oct 21, 2016
You can still run a successful business in Nigeria
Re: Businesses You Can Run In Nigeria From Abroad by Nobody: 9:29am On Sep 10, 2017
Most times, you need a true business road map to enable you make a headway.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos Declares November 10 Black Friday / Innoson Motors Chairman Declared Wanted / Wrong Charges Made On My Account By FCMB

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.