Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,663 members, 7,801,916 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:48 AM

A New Writer - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A New Writer (1353 Views)

Writing Articles(by A New Writer):the Role Of The Social Media In Food Safety / New Writer Alert!! / A New Writer: Chronicles Of Lolade (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 12:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm new here and I would like to share my writing skills with you all, please check out my story. Comments and criticism are welcome. hope you won't mind my characters all have English names.

A DANCER’S LOVE

Right in the beginning of the term when fun and academics still went along well; the tests were a long distance away, the teachers remained placid; one could still feel the last Christmas’ spirit. In a classroom setting, well arranged and full of students lazily around waiting for the class teacher. A short and round student hassled into the class and yelled to get the attention of her friends whom her words concerned.
“Ryan is here!” Yelled Vivian as she rushes to her seat. Immediately a number of girls in the class responded to the news and rushed to their seats bringing out their makeups and perfumes filling the air with the strong fragrance. Expectantly, they waited until a perfectly built and ruddy young boy walked in elegantly, will all their eyes on him, he walked to his friends and greeted.
“Hey Ryan” “What’s up? Logan, Clark” “Cool”
The prince charming exchanged pleasantries with his friends and settled in his seat. Perceiving the strange and lurking fragrance, he stole a glance at the girls and then exhaled
“How am I supposed to like this class with this early morning offensive odours?” He brushed the smell off his face and jeered. A luxurious girl left her seat for his and placed a can of coke on his table. It had become sort of a daily routine that started a time too long to stop now.
“Ryan, did you have breakfast already? Have this, make sure you drink it” Isabella smiled
Teacher Philips walked into the class looking stressed out and weary as usual. She was the only teacher who was willing to be the class teacher of eleventh grade even though she was also their English teacher. They only had one more year to prepare for their matric exams but she didn’t see any sign of seriousness in any of them. They were all so absorbed in all other things but school.
“Good morning students, Isabella, go back to your seat” she placed her books on the table. Isabella grunted and walked back to her seat
“I said good morning students!” Teacher Philips yelled
“Good morning teacher Ann” The students organized themselves and greeted.
“I must say, I’m impressed with you guys. Your last test was good, I hope the next will be better.” Said teacher Ann
“Yes!!” the students chorused
She noticed a couple of notes being passed around from one student to another, finding their way to Ryan but the lad didn’t bother to read them, he just tossed them away. It was causing a distraction and litter, most importantly.
“Ryan, can you go and bring the notes on my desk please?” She needed to help the poor guy out
“May I go with him?” Isabella cuts in
“No! Ryan hurry up and go” she instructed and Ryan walked out of the class with the ogling eyes still following
“He’s so cool” exclaimed Tessie
“I Know” replied Isabella
Teacher Philips took out the class register and gave the entire room a surveillance look
“Okay, let’s mark the register. Hmm, everyone is present…except… where is Ana? Is she late again?”
“Yes, teacher” Rex nodded
“This girl needs to be taught a lesson. I’m sure she’s still in bed by now…Drooling” jeered Teacher Philips making the whole students roar in laughter
“I won’t let her in when she arrives” She added
Jaggedly roaming in the school hallway was Mitchell Jaydon, a new and naïve crooked girl hurried down the hall staring at a sheet of paper which seemed to be the school map. It was her first day of school and she wouldn’t have been late if she hadn’t lost her contact lens in the shower that morning. She only wanted to look normal on her first day of school since glasses made her look like a nerd.
“The principal’s office is on the right, the snack shop on the left…argh!!! Where is the eleventh grade? I’m a late already. Oh! I found it on the map but I can’t locate it. What kind of map is this? Or…is it upside down” She starred into the paper obliviously and raced down the hall only to bump into a strong and broad shoulder. A loud thump was heard as they both fell flat on the floor. Books and stationaries scattered everywhere on the floor but luckily nothing was broken, a few picking up here and there would solve the mess and she would still be able to make it in time. But, one more thing was out of place, her gasses was not where she left them.
“Oh! No! My glasses! I can’t see without them! My glasses…” She searched aimlessly on the floor
“What! No apology?” Ryan thought to himself pissed at the girl’s ill manner. He watched her search aimlessly for the pair of ugly glasses that was right in front of him, he picked it up and gave it a slight squeeze and bent it
“Here, looks like they’re bent” he gave her the glasses
“Oh no!” she quickly wore them
He packed Teacher Ann’s note and left hers to her and stood up to leave. He hadn’t walked for a few meters before he heard two words come out of her mouth as she also stood up on her feet.
“I’m sorry” she apologized with her head bent. He felt his conscience poke him but what could he do, the deed had been done. He shoved it and walked away.
“Why is this happening today of all other days? I should have asked him the directions” she picked up her books and dusted them. She looked up and spotted another student walking towards her and she rushed to her.
“Excuse me! Please where is the eleventh grade. I’m a new student here and I don’t know the way”
“Oh! I’m also an eleventh grade student. Come along. What’s your name?” she asked with a smiled and walked on with naive Mitchell following after.
“I’m Mitchell Jaydon”
“Oh I’m Annalise but…call me Ana. Your grades must have been really good or you must be very talented; the school doesn’t accept anyone into the eleventh grade.” She explained and walked into a door Mitchell had thought would lead into the eleventh grade class only to end up in the bathroom.
“The bathroom?” She couldn’t hide her disappointment
“I’m sorry, I’ll just adjust my hair and then, we’ll get going. This won’t take long” Ana stopped in front of the mirror to adjust her hair.
“No…no…no problem, take your time” Mitchell faked a smile and let out a sigh
“Don’t worry girl, we are not yet late. It’s just seven fifty” Ana smiled giving her a glance from the mirror
“Seven fifty? Mine says eight twenty five?” Mitchell checked her watch
“Eight Twenty five?” Ana checked her watch and exclaimed
“Oh no! It’s broken, we are really late! Let’s go”
The duo rushed out of the bathroom and headed for the class, each swinging their legs and dangling their bags behind them as they cut corners and climbed up the long flight of stairs. They rushed in and interrupted the register class which made the teacher immediately flare up.
“Get out!!!” she pointed her cane to them
“Hun…”The two girls needed a restatement.
“I said get out! Do you know what time is it? Why are you just coming to school? Did you sleep off again? Or no… Were you stuck in traffic? It’s not your first or second time. For goodness sake, you are about to write your final exam next year. I don’t see the slightest bit of seriousness in you. Get out! Stand outside until the class is over.” Teacher Philips shouted
“Yes ma’am” Mitchell and Ana replied and turned to leave with their heads bent
“Not you, come inside” Teacher Philips referred to Mitchell in a rather calm tone
“Me?” she turned around pointing to herself
“Yes you, come inside. You are new right?” she gave Mitchell a welcoming smile
“Yes ma’am” Mitchell walked in shyly.
“You are welcome. What’s your name and where did you come from?”
Ryan looked up only to sight little miss careless in front of the class.
“Hmm… My name is Mitchell Jaydon, I’m from Evan high school” she recited
“Oh Mitchell, you are very much welcomed. There’s an empty seat over there. Class, she must feel accepted, okay?” Teacher Philips insisted
“Yes!” The class echoed as Mitchell walked to her new seat.
“Against tomorrow, I want you to write a short speech slash essay which you’ll recite in front of the whole class. Title, My favourite moments. Okay, I’ll see you guys in English class. Good day” she gave Mitchell a wink and walked out of the class.
Mitchell looked around, she didn’t know anybody. She watched the whole class as they went on with their various businesses. Ana walked in angrily and sat down murmuring, Rex then walked to her and sat down in her front.
“Why did you come late? You know what teacher said is true. You have to take up some responsibility now, in a few years, you’ll be in the university, are you going to continue like this even then?” He queried
“It’s not I do it on purpose. I slept off today” she defended
“What about yesterday”
“My alarm got broken” she answered as she unwrapped a bubble gum and threw it into her mouth and started chewing lousily
“And the day before?”
“I didn’t sleep in my room”
“That’s just an excuse. Ana…you are just been lazy. Yes, lazy” He emphasised
“Hey, Mr Rex self-righteous…Are you saying you’ve never been late before? Why are you only picking up on me, I’m not the only tardy one here. There’s the new kid, she was late too….on her first day, isn’t she worse than I am? Go pick on her too and leave me alone!” she banged her hand on the table
She scoffed and made the most annoying noise with her chewing gum and immediately, all eyes were on her.
“Argghh!!! Why did Teacher Philips embarrass me in front of the whole class?
Damn that stupid alarm, I should have bought a crow instead, at least it doesn’t use batteries” she complained to her self
Rex gave her a creepy look “looks like you woke up on the wrong side of your bed today”
“I always do!” bellowed Ana a d placed her head on her table
“Okay…” said Rex excusing the angry Ana and walked up to the new kid, Mitchell
“Hi, I’m Rex. Mitchell right?”
“Yes, nice to meet you”
“Hmm…I’m the class president so, if you need anything or get bored or miss your way around here, tell me, I’ll help you out.”
“Thanks, I will” she brought out a sheet of paper from her bag
“Actually…hmm…I actually need your help now. This is the map of the whole school but I can’t figure out how to read it. It’s confusing”
“That’s because you’re reading it upside down” he giggled
She smiled at her own silliness and adjusted her glasses.
“What’s wrong?” he asked when he noticed the small bent on her glasses hand.
“Oh nothing. It got bent when I bumped into someone earlier”
Ella and Jessie came to join in their conversation
“Hi Mitchell, I’m Ella and this is Jessie. So, who are you? A genius, athlete or artist?”
“Sorry?” she asked clueless
“Go away Ella. Just ignore her” Rex shoved the lousy girl away but she forced her way back
“You don’t know who you are?” Jessie asked almost not believing her ears
“Then why are you here? Field trip? How exactly did you get into this school?” Ella queried
“Just…” She stammered
“Wow, this girl…” Jessie mocked
“Before you can call yourself a student of star Ellerine high school, you must at least a gift…an aspiration to be a star. You see this school is a school for raising up future stars…meaning, there’s no ordinary student. You have to have a talent…something you’re good at. Okay, if you’re not sure of your identity, the groups will help you out.” Ella explained
“The groups…”
“Science, sport and arts and culture. Under the arts and culture group, we have the music, the dance, drama and the visual art group” Jessie boastfully explained
“Uh…Then, I’ll choose the science group” Mitchell answered finally getting in tune with their language
“Closed two years ago. There were no members” said Ella
“Currently, the drama group has the highest members. You should try joining” Jessie suggested
“Drama? What about music? I prefer music” Opted out Mitchell and Jessie shook her head
“You can’t join” Jessie and Ella replied at the same time
“Why not?” Mitchell was curious
Jessie bent over and whispered
“You see that guy over there?” Pointing to Ryan, he was sitting with his legs crossed on the table with a pair of earphones in his ears.
“He’s the leader of music group. He won the best Artiste award twice in a row. His popularity went up the roof…since then, everyone wanted to be his friend so they all joined the music group but, he got frustrated and sent everyone away. I was also sent out…I even lost all my registration fee”
“You paid registration fee?” Rex asked
“That was then…When I tried getting in through Logan.”
“So…forget about the music group” Ella advised
“I’ll rather not join any group. I don’t know how to act…my dancing sucks. It’s not like it’s compulsory for me to want to be a star and join groups and stuff…” she claimed and with the absurd looks they wore on their faces, she exhaled
“Just great…I might as well jump into a hot chakalaka soup!” Mitchell placed her head on the locker leaving the three students staring at each other dumbfounded.
“Cha-ka- la-ka?” they all recited with a puzzled look; The new girl’s strange.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 8:05pm On Jul 24, 2016
2. A dancer's love

Mitchell sat on her bead with her legs crossed singing along with the music player on her shelf doing a little bit of mind relaxing yoga. Suddenly, she opened her eyes and wondered at a thought.
“Hmm… You can’t sing, you can’t dance and you can’t even hold a pencil firmly let alone draw. You can’t act either. What exactly can you do?” She spoke to her reflection in the mirror
“If only Albert Einstein was my father, I would have been a genius. Star Ellerine, I was really looking forward to you but you disappointed me. How can you have so much cool people?” She scoffed. Her door opened and her mother came in with some cookies and sat next to her.
“Mitchell dear, how was school today?” she asked
“It was just as you guessed, great!” Mitchell answered helping herself with a cookie.
“Are you being sarcastic?” Her mum asked feigning a sad face
“No, it’s the truth mum. I made new friends and learnt new things” she smiled
“That’s good. What a relief? Then, you must try your best in this school. Did you know that Star Ellerine is the best school in the West? It’s a school for future super stars. Most famous graduated from there. I have a friend that knows someone who works there. That’s how you got in, they don’t really take in just any student. It’s a top class school…” Her mum explained
“Yeah…so it seems … there’s a musician in my class. Everyone says he’s good. I hope I’ll be accredited as one of his class mates in the future once he becomes famous. There are also lots of cool people there” Mitchell chuckled
“What about you? Who knows you might get famous too, you know?” Mrs Jaydon suggested with a wide smile on her face.
“Mum, how is that going to be possible? I can’t do anything. Dancing is not my thing, I can’t sing or paint…The only place I fit in is in the science group and it doesn’t exist anymore”
“Don’t say that…I’m sure there’s something for you…Oh! What about acting? You should try that”
“I’ll get shy and run off the stage”
“What do you mean run off the stage? Just try it, you’ll do great. You’ll only improve if you try. I’ll like to see you on stage too”
“Okay, I’ll join the drama club. We’ll see how things go for now” She smiled and helped herself with another cookie
“That’s my girl” Mrs Jaydon wrapped herself around her and gave her a really tight hug leaving her no room to chew the cookie in her mouth.
“Hmm…hmm…” Mitchell mumbled a few words
“WHAT?” Mrs Jaydon asked still hugging tightly
“Hmm…hmm…” Mitchell repeated not getting any clearer
Mrs Jaydon released her from her tight grip and they both giggled. Mitchell took a deep breath and exhaled loudly
“I miss home” she said
“I know. Just think of it as a new life; new school, new house, new town, new friends. Before you know it, you’ll soon forget ever relocating. Now, let’s go make dinner” Mrs Jaydon tapped her daughter gently and they both got off the bed and dashed out of the room.

Inside the school studio during the long break, Ryan and his friends, Clark and Logan sat discussing. Breaks were the only time they could all be together without any disturbance at school.
“Ah…I’m so hungry…” Ryan said rubbing his stomach with a drum stick
“Should I call Isabella?” Clark teased
“No! Never mind…I can withstand it” He quickly sat upright
“I bet she’s looking for you right now” Logan looked out through the window expecting someone to pop up
“She’s so unavoidable!!! That girl is killing me, she’s everywhere. I’m even tired of hiding” he gestured as he spoke
“Then, why don’t you just give in…I mean…she’s got money and she’s not ugly.” Clark suggested shoving him with his elbow
“Looking at her gives me a headache. I will never give in to her or to any girl. They’ll just distract me. I’ve got so much to focus on; my academics, music. Man, I need that scholarship. My dad said if I want to go to an arts university, I have to sponsor myself.”
“Now you sound like a geek” Logan teased
“Speaking of geeks…the new girl…” Ryan butted in
“Mitchell!!!” Clark announced
“Wow, game on playboy. You can’t even remember your locker code, now you even remember the geek’s name.” Logan teased and Clark threw a sheet in his face
“I don’t do geeks” He stated
Ryan laughed and gave Logan a high five.
“But seriously… she is a geek right?” Clark continued
“Total geek to the core…No sense of fashion, no model figure and worst, she uses glasses. When last did I see a geek? And what is she doing here?” Ryan asked as they all laughed hysterically
“Hey Ryan, do you think you can ever marry with that sass attitude of yours? No girl ever seems good to you.” Clark asked still laughing
“Of course…When the times, I’ll go after models”
Just then Isabella walked past and reversed as she heard their voices. She rushed in with joy and ecstasy.
“Hey Ryan, I’ve been looking everywhere for you! My dad opened another restaurant along your house. Do you want to come with me there for lunch” she recited loudly
“Hey Isabella, didn’t you see us? Are we invisible?” Logan yelled
“I didn’t come for you, I came for Ryan” she replied lousily and turned her attention back at Ryan
“Will you?” she asked
“I have to write my speech and I’ve got some other stuffs to do. I have to go now” He stood up on his feet, their hideout wasn’t doing any good anymore.
“The drama club audition is after practice. Don’t forget, you promised to be judge” She noted before he took his leave
“Judge?” Ryan abruptly turned back alarmed and surprised
“Yes, I asked Clark and Logan to ask you and they told me you said yes”
“Did you forget Ryan…I remember vividly” Clark cut in hiding his smile, he wanted to nail Ryan this time, now he had nowhere to run.
“I don’t remember, I hope you guys are not messing with my mind?”
“No… I remember well… We asked you and you said yes…Right Logan?” requesting back up from Logan.
“Oh…yes” He agreed after receiving a wink from Clark
“O…KAY” Ryan said and walked out with Isabella following behind
“I’m going to the bathroom. Are you planning to follow me there?” He asked and didn’t wait for a response before walking out on her. Isabella stood there watching the distant figure with a huge smile on her face as it disappeared. Tessie and Sophie walked up to her and shoved her back to reality
“Give up already, he has no space for you in his life” Tessie advised and Isabella’s smile suddenly turned into a frown as she answered with a devious look on her face.
“I’ll never give up!” She jeered and walked away angrily
“Arghh!!! Where exactly did things go wrong? She was so much cooler when Stephen was around.” Sophie exclaimed
“Are you insinuating that Ryan is the cause for all this mess?” Tessie folded her arms together
“Of course not. Let’s go and prepare for our essay” Sophie turned around
“Which essay?” Tessie grabbed her by the arm and asked
“The English essay” Sophie replied and walked away. Tessie scoffed and followed after.
In the classroom that was ever noisy and where silence never reigned, Ryan and his friends sat together chitchatting while a number of other students circled around them to hear tales of their indomitable awesomeness, Genevieve sat down in a rather uncomfortable yet dramatic pose eagerly waiting for Rex to finish his sketch of her. She had been sitting like that for ages and yet, he wouldn’t show her what he had been drawing.
“Aren’t you done already? My neck hurts.” Genevieve complained adjusting her neck slowly.
“No…No! Don’t move… I’m almost through. Just hold on for a little bit, alright?” Rex cautioned paying full attention to his sketch
“It better be beautiful” Genevieve warned
“Don’t worry, it will be prettier than your grandmother.” Rex teased and then became serious. Just then, Shirley and Ella distracted him with their heated yet stupid disagreement.
“That’s not true. How can you be so sure?” Shirley shrieked
“I searched it on the internet” Ella claimed
“Okay…Let’s ask Rex. Rex, is Africa the largest continent in the world or is Asia?” asked Shirley
“Who said Africa and who said Asia?” He answered without looking up at them, meaningless arguments like that didn’t seem new to him anymore, being the class presidents also had its detriments like being asked to solve dumb arguments.
“I said Africa, but she insisted it was Asia.” Ella claimed but Shirley immediately disagreed
“No, I said Africa, you said Asia”
“I didn’t, you said Asia!” Ella hit her with a pen
“Case solved.” Rex said to himself and continued in his painting, then again, he was interrupted again but this time, Christian. He stood in between the artist and his model standing at akimbo
“Where is Ana, is she not yet around? I need to ask her something.”
“No, she is late today again.” Rex exhaled and pushed him out of his view. It hadn’t been another ten second before Simon jumped in again
“Is Ana absent today?”
“What is wrong with you people? I don’t know. If you can’t see her that means she’s late” Rex yelled frustrated.
“Alright.” Simon left and Mitchell walked to him
“Rex.” She called and this made him totally lose it this time
“What again? I already said that she is late!” He shrieked and on turning back, he saw that it was Mitchell “Oh! Mitchell… I’m sorry.” He apologized for his rude outburst, a class like his would require strong and firm handling at times.
“It’s okay. I actually need your help. Hope I came at the right time?”
“Of course. What’s the problem?” He immediately quit his drawing and stood on his feet paying her full attention but with Genevieve trying to spy on his sketch, he had to snatch the page from her hand and immediately returned his gaze back to Mitchell and now wearing a smile
“How do I join a group? I think I’m going to try the drama one”
“Drama? Oh…Okay…Isabella’s the team leader, let’s go to her” He offered and her to Isabella, who coincidentally was also busy drawing characters into a comic play. Mitchell peeked a glance at her sketches and was fascinated at what she saw
“Wow! Did you draw that? It’s so beautiful. You are so cool…” She exclaimed and Rex immediately squeezed his own sketch page and flung it away after sighting Isabella’s.
“Isabella, Mitchell wants to join the club.” Rex announced but Isabella was too embedded in her drawing to give them a look
“Audition is today after practice.” She answered scribbling hardly on the page.
“Hmm…where exactly…after practice? Which building?” asked Mitchell giving her sketch another glance, Isabella folded her paper and hid it and stood up with a camouflaged smile on her face.
“Hmm…we don’t specifically accept just anybody but, I’m sure you’ll find it if you are meant to belong” She smiled and walked out of the class with Mitchell’s eyes following after.
Isabella walked down the passage and trotted down the stairs heading for the restroom only to run into someone that made her twitch in surprise. Her last memories of him, she wished to disappear as she glanced at him with a cold and brazen look in her eyes. She attempted to just ignore him and continue her journey but she just couldn’t walk past him after he greeted with a cool smile on his face.
“Long time no see!” he greeted but she failed to respond neither did she turn around.
“How are you?” he asked but she still wouldn’t look back or reply. He knew she wasn’t expecting to see him after so long and his presence opened up something she had tried to close a long time ago.
“You’ve gotten prettier.” He complimented and she finally looked back with a question and her eyes tearing up
“Why are you here?” she queried with annoyance
“You didn’t even ask about my operation, I’m disappointed.” He dipped his hands in his pocket and walked up to her front.
“Wow! I thought you’d be happy to see me…” He looked around and smiled avoiding her question but she asked again
“I said, why are you here?” She asked in a more aggravated manner and his smile suddenly disappeared
“I’ve come to get what is rightfully mine. Is that a crime?” He replied and she scoffed like he was talking gibberish
“Don’t kid around…do you think this is a joke? You suddenly appear after two years like nothing ever happened, do you still think anyone will support you? Don’t even think of asking me to stand by you…because the last thing I want is to be near someone like you!” She noted with anger and resentment wrapped in her words
“What happened? We used to be best friends.” He shook his head confused at who she had become, she was brazen and full of hatred
“A lot of water has passed under that bridge.” She replied looking him straight in the eye and walked away angrily. Sophie and Tessie chatted and giggled along the way as they climbed down the stairs only to sight Isabella walking out on someone they immediately recognised at Stephan.
“Is…Is…that not Stephen?” Sophie gasped and Isabella walked past them angrily and climbed the stairs back up without acknowledging their presence
“How is that possible, what is he doing here?” Tessie wondered and they both turned back up to chase after Isabella. They climbed up only to find her resting against the wall staring into space.
“Wasn’t that Stephan just now?” Sophie asked
“Later…let’s talk later” Isabella tried to leave
“It is him right? We saw you two together” Tessie confronted but Isabella kept quiet
“So, why was the atmosphere like that? I thought the two of you were best friends?” Sophie asked again but Isabella avoided her question and walked on
“You are feeling guilty right?” Tessie confronted audaciously and Isabella suddenly stopped
“Stop it…” She ordered but Tessie walked closer with her arms folded and her eyebrows raised
“I’m right aren’t I? You are feeling guilty because you betrayed him. Because he was sick, because he couldn’t sing anymore, you left his side and went to his rival. How wouldn’t you feel guilty?”
“I said stop! Stop it!” Isabella yelled at her and walked away
“Why did you do that? Don’t intrude in their business and don’t cause any trouble. If she doesn’t want to talk about it, let her be. You keep stepping over the line you shouldn’t” Sophie cautioned but Tessie was not remorseful or guilty she stepped over that line, in fact she was glad she did.
The two of them walked into the noisy classroom and Tessie walked to the board and slammed the duster against it to catch everyone’s attention, but the attention didn’t last a second as they all snubbed her and continued noisily as before, She scoffed and looked at Sophie and shouted at the top of her voice
“Stephan is back!” The whole class suddenly kept quiet and fixed their gazes at her.
“What…? What did you just say?” Ryan gasped and that would be the eighteenth time he would speak to her that year according to her counting, if the move-away’s and shut-up’s were included
“I said Stephan is back, I saw him myself…just now in the hallway” she announced again and walked through the rows of chairs stopping at Ryan’s table
“Did he come to visit or as a student?” Clark asked for more clarity
“As a student of course. He was in his school uniform. What are you going to do now Ryan? Your eternal rival is back to take his place!” Tessie smiled deviously and left for her seat. Immediately, the class was filled with whispering noises and blathering girls who left their seats knocking over their chairs all to share yet another of their superstitious stories. Ryan and his friends sat quietly with worry written all over them, Stephan was a name that made even the mighty Ryan quiver; he was his long time enemy and opponent. Suddenly the subject of chaos stepped inside the class and the whole class suddenly became silent.
“Hello everyone.” He waved into the air with a smile on his face and everyone glared at him like he was a ghost and throughout the next few seconds, no one said a single word neither did he move from the door post. Christina walked to him and finally broke the silence glaring at him from head to toe in amusement
“Wow! You’ve grown taller” he exclaimed and Stephan smiled and gave him a gentle tap on the back. “Of course, two years is a long time”
Only after that did the rest come to greet him.
Ryan, Clark and Logan watched him being celebrated for his return from demise, he wasn’t the type to suddenly appear without a plan or mission. He must have come fully prepared to return to his former glory, the best star in Star Ellerine.
“Hello Ryan.” Stephen walked up to him
“Why did you come back? I thought you would never come back” He asked unable to hide his odium
“I came back to study. I need to finish high school so I get into university right? Put your mind at ease. I know you are the super star of this school now. Don’t get all sweaty now that I’m back. It’d be nice being in this class with you again… SUPER STAR…” He smiled and Isabella walked into the class to see him talking with Ryan, she scoffed and went to her seat.
“Talk to you late Ryan” Stephan smiled and walked away stopping at Genevieve’s table which was next to Isabella’s.
“Get up.” He ordered but with a smile
“Huh?” She shuddered dazzled at his looks as she looked up]
“This was my place, wasn’t it?” He asked glancing at Isabella and Genevieve immediately rose to her feet
“Oh…Yes… Please sit down...” she dusted her chair and left for an empty seat. Mitchell couldn’t hide her curiosity, she carried her seat and hurried to Rex and bombarded him with questions.
“Who is he? Is he and old student or a new one? Why is the atmosphere like this?”
“It’s better if you forget. It’s a long old story” Rex advised and Ana cut in from behind “I’ll tell you!!”
“You are the only one who’ll like to tell the story that everyone wants to forget. Don’t dig it up again.” Rex shoved her away but she pressed forward to voice her explanation. It was a story nobody could forget; those times weren’t the best of times for the class. It was a big matter that originated from a minute problem.
“That is Stephan Jefferson a.k.a. Photoshop. His face does look like Photoshop right? He was the school’s best musician before he had throat ulcer and couldn’t sing any longer and his surgery failed. It was a big news especially, when he lost to Ryan and Isabella left his side. Who knows whether he can sing now or not! I wonder if he can meet up with Ryan now, Ryan’s gotten so prodigious since he left.”
“Awesome! Two super stars in one class! This is getting interesting.” She clapped her hands together noiselessly
“Everybody is a star, just those two are super. What about you, aren’t you going to quickly join a group and get recognition as a star?” Ana asked
“Oh…yes, the drama group. There’s an audition today.” She replied and they both smiled to each other
“Good luck…” said Rex.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A New Writer by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:17pm On Jul 26, 2016
Beautiful. I'm finding this really impressive. Please continue.
Re: A New Writer by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 9:38pm On Jul 26, 2016
Missmossy, come read.
Re: A New Writer by Missmossy(f): 10:09am On Jul 27, 2016
OluwabuqqyYOLO:
Missmossy, come read.
Present cheesy

2 Likes

Re: A New Writer by Missmossy(f): 10:35am On Jul 27, 2016
Such a captivating piece, thumbs up.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A New Writer by bibijay123(f): 8:23pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nice work babe kiss

Following

1 Like

Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 9:59pm On Aug 07, 2016
3. A dancer's love

After school hours were over and group practices began, Mitchell asked around and followed people’s trail until she located the school theatre where the drama club gathered. It was a large and beautiful hall, well stocked with costumes and equipped with its own stage equipment and cameras all were in the grasp of the drama club. Watching them practice from out the window suddenly made Mitchell want to be a part of the drama.
“AAhhh! Don’t jump!!!” Ana screamed adding no or less action and enthusiasm to her scream and Isabella immediately jumped down the ladder and yelled cut!
“You have to scream harder. Open your mouth and scream. AAHH!!!”
“I can’t scream harder than that. What will happen if my voice breaks? I am in the choir and I have to sing at a funeral tomorrow” Ana claimed and cleared her throat after
“Who died?”
“My cat.”
“What? Your Cat! Look Ana, if you can’t give me what I need, there are others who will. You have until tomorrow to mourn your cat…after, I won’t tolerate any more of this.” She folded her arms and turned around
“Okay, let’s top practice for today. We have to get ready for the audition.”
Stephan walked past Mitchell who gave him a quick look as he entered the theatre and looked around
“Wow, this place looks really different now.”
“What do you want? Only the members of the drama club are allowed in here.” Isabella walked up to confront him
“I remember me being the team leader of this club and you being my assistant. What happened?”
“That was two years ago. I am the team leader now. If you want to be allowed in here, you must be a member first.” She raised her eyebrows and paused her lips
“Okay! If it’s going to be like that, I’ll join as a new member. There’s an audition today right?” He submitted defeat and walked backward
“I better go get ready.” He smiled and left the theatre.
The audition for the drama cub started with Isabella and Ryan as the judges. Ryan was busy with his cell phone the whole time leaving Isabella to do all the interviewing; most of the interns were freshmen from the eighth grade and other cast-away’s wanting to return afresh. A girl walked up the stage and Isabella raised her head up surprised to see her.
“Vivian, how are you?” Isabella smiled and the girl smiled back
“I’m fine.” She replied and as if replying was a crime, Isabella’s smile disappeared and her wicked glance appeared
“What are you doing here? I remember you saying that you didn’t want to see my ugly face again and that you’ll never come back here again. So, what are you doing here?” Isabella yelled and closed the file in front of her implying the girl’s case closed and immediate rejection
“I am sorry. I was wrong, please give me another chance. I’ll do anything that you want me to. Please accept me back.” The girl pleaded and Isabella raised her eyebrow
“Anything?” She asked and the girl nodded
“Then, I guess you won’t mind being in charge of costumes haulage. It more like a costume manager. Next!” she shored up the post with a fake smile
“Thank you” Vivian expressed her thanks and left the stage and Mitchell entered anxiously. As she walked in, Ryan looked up and saw her climb up the stage, he scoffed and smiled to himself bewildered at the geek’s impaired sense of appropriateness.
“Looks like this geek hasn’t realize her inaptness yet…this is going to be interesting” he buried his phone to watch the show.
“Mitchell Jaydon, grade eleven. I’ll ask you a few questions and then see if you fit in anywhere here. Have you ever acted in a show, drama or movie before?
“No” She shook her head
“Okay…have you ever received any recognition from anyone about your acting skills or have you been referred to as an extrovert before?” Isabella asked and Mitchell’s reply was again no
“Have you handled a camera or any stage equipment before?” “Are you good with costumes?” “Are you photogenic or bold on stage?” The questions swarmed and flew at her and her reply was always no, no and no. Isabella was getting bored but Ryan sat with his hands folded enjoying it all as the no’s became uncountable.
“Have you even been on a stage? Perhaps one of your kindergarten stage plays?”
“I was home schooled in kindergarten… Oh! Wait yes…I have been on stage; when I was a baby, I crawled up there once.” Mitchell finally replied with a yes but it wasn’t quite the answer they were looking for. Isabella dropped her pen angrily
“Do you think we are here for a joke? Is this funny?” She shrieked and Ryan signalled to calm her down offering to interview the clown.
“Let me interview her. Mitchell, tell me why exactly are you here? For sightseeing?” He asked with a grin Mitchell was certain was to disdain her and she got a bit offended.
“Is that necessary? Shouldn’t you be asking questions that relate to drama?” she asked but he raised his voice at her.
“Answer me when I’m still nice. You look like a nine year old geek who lost her way inside here and It’s funny how you’ve not been able to make that out. Can’t you see that you don’t belong anywhere near here? I don’t even know what you’re doing in this school. I feel insulted anytime I see you in class and I’m sure everyone else. So, if you don’t like the questions I’m asking, you might as well walk out of here.” He explained bluntly and Mitchell was more than offended, it was amusing to her how a cool super star like him can also be a jerk.
“Aren’t you going overboard? I only asked a simple question” She queried blinking excessively
“So did I” He replied with a straight face
“Hey Ryan or whatever your name is! Who are you to say where I belong….” She was really going to blurt all her anger out and embarrass him including herself if that was what it took to defend her honour.
“Assistant costume manager!” he cut her off before she could finish her statement. That was the day she knew the name punk was not written on the face, whether star or not star; she scoffed and walked out of the stage angrily but he stated another sentence which made her even angrier.
“You might not know it but people don’t reply my questions with questions. I’ll let this go because you are new.” She walked out angrily and the next person climbed up, Isabella looked up and was surprised that it was Stephan, everyone else in the room were also surprised as they gathered around to watch his audition.
“Didn’t you say I must join as a new member?” Stephan chuckled and grabbed a stool to sit which was the most daring thing a candidate could do at the audition, they were all to stand before the judges and display their acting skills. Ryan knew his brashness was a confrontation and he didn’t want to be the littler of them both.
“Stephan, Wow, I guess there’s no need to ask you any questions since we know the answer to them.” He faked a smile
“Yes, so does that mean I’ve been accepted?”
“Although, I am an inactive member in this club, it’d be nice to watch some of the interesting things you have to offer. Isabella, you aren’t against accepting him are you, are you? After all, you used to be close” He looked at her and she faked a smile on her anxious and irritated face.
After the whole drama club audition which was practically a drama on its own, Mitchell sat in one of the changing rooms with her head against a desk and a piece of earphone in her ears. Unknown to her, Stephan walked in silently not intending to wake up the supposed sleeping girl; he looked around at the drama costumes, photos and how many things had changed since his last visit there. Then, Ryan walked in to and rested against the wall looking at Stephan as he glanced through the photo gallery.
“You miss those days of glory don’t you?” He said but Stephan ignored him and dropped the photo in his hands and made for the way out but Ryan stood in his way obstructing him
“Don’t think I’ll believe your lame story of coming back to study.” Ryan claimed and Stephan looked him in the eye and replied with a frown.
“I didn’t expect you to believe it either. I think you know exactly why I came back. I came to regain what I lost to you. So you better hold on tight because it’s going to get really tough for you now that I’m back.”
“There’s no reason to; I am not the same person you left behind, I’m in charge now and to beat me, you have to really come prepared. I too have been preparing for this day since you left, a chance to compete against you not as an inferior musician but as a superstar musician.” Ryan flaunted his skills and popularity
“It seems you have really grown wings but it would be a shame to come crashing down again don’t you think? I hope you’re not the sore loser you used to be, you should give up after this last defeat because losing to you is not an option to me. I won’t stop until I regain what is rightfully mine.”
“You must have really thought this through but you are missing one tiny piece; You can’t sing anymore and even if you can now, do you think your voice would be as it used to be? Face it Stephan, your days of glory are over, a new star as arisen and there’s only one room for a super star in this school”
“And that is what I intend to show the whole school, I want to remind them who used to be in charge. I’ll be really looking forward to our next competition” Stephan wore back his smile and walked out with his hands in his pockets whistling [I remember when I was a soldier”] leaving Ryan in a furious state. Even though Ryan was the best now, he still couldn’t shake Stephan off, that thought made him angrier and angrier. He looked at Mitchell and walked up to her more annoyed
“So you were here all this time…pretending to be asleep so you can eavesdrop on other peoples’ conversation. Wow, you are really an annoying geek. Even though I dislike geeks, I hate pretenders the most. Especially brainless ones who don’t even know their place.” He insulted and walked out angrily and that was only then Mitchell sensed movement in the room. She looked up and removed her earphone from her ears wandering if anyone else was in the room apart from her.
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 10:08pm On Aug 07, 2016
4. A dancer's love

The English class where the students were to read out their essays about their favourite moments was the funniest class for the whole term. Every single student called out had one or two crazy experience and stupid moments they referred to as favourite. Miss Philips stood at the back of the class listening while the whole class laugh and cackle after each and every essay.
“My favourite moments. Life is meant to be lived to the fullest. Why? Because you only live once. In one’s lifetime, there are memories that we hold onto, loved ones that we cherish and moments that we wish could repeat itself. My favourite moment is in Star Ellerine high School; the place where my dreams come true, a place where you can never get enough of things to amuse you. Sometimes I wonder what makes this school so special but I think we all know that it’s because we have interesting things to see each day. There are many singers in this school but there is none as Ryan, the one who makes this school so special. He is like a star shining in the darkness and I am proud to be a fan. As silly as it may sound, I actually wish to feature in one of your shows Ryan” Jessie recited gesturing with her arms. The whole class clapped and laughed as she went back to her seat.
“Well done, even though your essay was a glimpse of your fantasy.” Miss Philips teased as Jessie settled down. Another girl walked to the front to read her essay.
“Hum… I didn’t have time to prepare it well enough” Shirley cleared her throat
“It’s okay, just read it like that.” Miss Philips encouraged
“My….Favourite moments….I like to...hmm…I like to listen to music a lot but ever since I came to this school, all the songs I’ve ever listened to suddenly sounded like crap. I aspire to be a famous music composer one day and that is why I look up to RyanCl-three music group as my role model and hope to one day be like them. Listening to your band play music from the school studio makes my heart skip a bit every time…and that brings me back to the topic, my favourite moment is listening to your music; it makes me hope for a better tomorrow in my music career.” She smiled and returned to her seat shy. Honestly, it was the first time the class heard she was a music composer, to them she was the shy and reserved…one of many fans of Ryan. Ryan stole a glance at Stephan to rub it in his face that he was the best but Stephan’s reaction remained cool and unruffled.
“I think she would make one good song composer, you should employ her, Ryan when you get famous. Okay, is there anyone who didn’t write about Ryan or should we hear from the star himself?” Miss Philip folded her arms together and invited Ryan to share his essay to the whole class. Ryan rose up boastfully and walked to the front with Stephan’s eyes following after, Isabella glanced at him watching Ryan walk to the front but as he turned to look at her, she looked away and avoided his gaze.
“I remember the first time I played a guitar; it was bland, uneven and sounded silly; I still remember how it sounded in my ears. I could have given up and focused on another thing but I didn’t, I played it again and again until I was confident enough to play it on stage. I love music and I am proud to be a musician at such a young age because I know where there’s passion, there’s a future. I can’t think of any moment that makes me happier than when I hold my guitar to play. Music is a way I like to express my feelings and let everything go. Wherever I open my mouth to sing, I feel like I’m on top of the whole world with the solution to everyone’s problem.”
The whole class applauded him as he went back to his seat, everyone had believed him to be the best, no matter what he said but Mitchell was the only person with an ulterior belief; all his words were just codswallop babbles about his popularity superiority that didn’t even exceed the school gates.
During the drama club practice, as she and Vivian moved the stuffs and costumes from the stage to another room, she just couldn’t help get pissed at the person who gave her such ridiculous post.
“The star shining in the darkness” She scoffed at the ridiculous adjective ascribed to him
“More like the blind fold covering everyone’s eyes” she kicked a bottle out of her way. She went to a box and as she was about to carry it, Ana walked in
“Mitchell here...” she hurried to her
“No, thanks, I can carry it by myself” Mitchell claimed assuming she was offering her help.
“Here” Ana dropped a piece of fabric into the box “Thank you.” She smiled and walked out back
“You… are…welcome…” Mitchell replied a little disappointed, she battled to lift up the heavy box from the table but she tripped and tumbled but into someone’s grip.
“I got yah” Rex broke her fall and help her stand straight
“Oh… I’m sorry.” She apologised as she stood up straight with an embarrassed smile
“You’re welcome…” He giggled
“Oh…Thank you.” She giggled too and He took the box from her
“What are you doing here?” she asked as they walked on, she knew Isabella’s golden rule was no strangers allowed.
“I’m a member.”
“You’re a member? But practice is already over, why are you just here?”
“I didn’t come here for practice, I came to check on you. Are you alright?” he shoved her gently
“You mean my totally bizarre job? I can’t say yes but it’s okay, I’m sure I’ll like it someday. It’s not like I fit into the drama or anything else”
“No! No…don’t say that, I’m sure you’ll get along well. It only gets better” He encouraged and smiled
“Okay… so… You can go now, I’m fine. Thanks for bothering but I’m really fine. Let me have that” She collected the box and walked into the costume chamber closing the door behind her “Bye”
She put down the box and took a bottle of water from the fridge which she wasn’t supposed to, it was reserved for during and after real shows, not practice and definitely not non-actors. As she was about to take a sip, the door barged open and she immediately hid it behind her, Tessie peered through and with a straight face she ordered.
“Hey! The theatre will be closed in ten minutes! Make sure you clean all the costumes before then, the principal will get grumpy if we leave the place messy” “Yes…Hmmm…I was about rounding off” She faked a smile and then Tessie left. Mitchell turned back to behold the mess she had created, she had spilled some water on one of the chairs when she hid the bottle behind her.
“Oh! No!” She exclaimed and quickly went looking for a rag to wipe the chair, she dug through one of the costumes looking for an old fabric or something that wouldn’t raise attention if missing. Just then Ryan, Clark and Logan walked in and grabbed a seat each unknown of any wet chair or girl digging through a pile of clothes.
“Don’t sit!!” she tried to warn them but she ended up startling them instead and to someone else’s misfortune, he was already seated. Ryan suddenly felt something cold on his butt and stood up to check; his pants were soaked, he looked up at Mitchell holding a napkin and she just couldn’t help but giggle at the wet pants.
“What did you do!!!? You brainless geek!” He shrieked and made for her but she ran out of the room still with jest in her mouth all the way out of the theatre looking for a nearby room to hide. Fate had its way of getting back at people and Mitchell was more than happy about the way Ryan got his.
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 10:05pm On Aug 11, 2016
5. A dancer's love

In the school hall where the members of the dance group rehearsed and hung out when there was no formal school gathering. Practice was already over but they stayed behind to hang out some more and chat.
“Did you watch the video?” Jeremy chuckled as he grabbed a seat
“It was hilarious. I laughed my butt off.” Jason added
“I can’t imagine how Rhea will feel if she watched it” Jake shook his head
“Forget it. I have no interest in videos like that.” Rhea also grabbed a seat flinging her hair to the back
“Guys don’t you have any interesting topic to discuss than that video?” Trina walked towards them and stood at akimbo with a bottle in her hand
“Okay, my dad taught me how to wear my shoes” he joked and the boys laughed at the joke.
“Jeremy!! Come on.” Trina complained
“It’s so boring. There’s no single new member. I’m sure the drama club is swarming with members right now.” Rhea exhaled and rested her back against the chair
“If only we could have just one new member.” Trina added, just then Mitchell stumped into the room, she had assumed it was empty but she turned around to meet five glaring eyes.
“Oh! It’s the new girl!” Jake exclaimed
“Hey Mitchell, come over here.” Jason call her over but Mitchell stepped backwards towards the door
“I’m very sorry. I didn’t mean to bother you.”
“No, it’s okay…we were expecting you. Have you seat.” Rhea smiled and walked towards her and pulled her by the hand to the group
“You were expecting me?” Mitchell wondered and they all nodded.
“We are the eleventh grade dance group. I’m Trina, this is Rhea, Jason, Jake and Jeremy.” She introduced each and everyone
“Nice to meet you all.” She greeted shyly
“Which group do you belong to?” Asked Jason
“It’s the drama group. Even though I’m just the prop manager.”
“Then, join our group. We’ll be honoured to have you here” Trina smiled
“Huh! But I don’t know how to dance.”
“It doesn’t matter.” Said Rhea with a benign smile
“Okay.” She accepted the offer even if it was totally strange for her to be seen hoping around in dancing shoes, dancing was the last thing on her mind. Just then, Rex walked in
“Hey…Mitchell, what are you doing here?” He asked
“Hmm. I am now officially a member of the dance club… What are you also doing here?”
“I’m a member.” He sat down and smiled
“Again?” She was surprised, he was in two groups at the same time.
“Rex, did you get it?” Jake asked Rex
“I downloaded it. There’s a part I really like there. Wait a minute. I’ll send it to you.” The whole group gathered around him and Mitchell stood behind silent and totally clueless of whatever it was they were looking at
“Okay…I’ll get going now…bye guys.” She announced and walked backwards towards the exit
“Bye.” Trina and Rhea waved goodbye
The next day during the mathematics class, the teacher conducted a test to assess the students’ assimilation of the last topic. There was a usual calmness and quietness roaming the air as each students were busying biting their pens or trying to crack open their heads hoping the answers would pop out. Even amidst the tensed atmosphere, someone was still not over the previous day’s incident. Ryan glared at Mitchell with anger and hatred, from the moment he saw her in the hallway, he knew she was nothing but trouble.
“Two minutes more!” Mr Larry announced and all the students grunted at the news
“You know you can submit if you don’t have anything to write. There’s no point in keeping it when you don’t know the answer.” He walked in between the rows and stopped at Ryan’s table and tapped him on the shoulder to call back his attention to his almost empty script.
The next two minutes suddenly felt like two seconds, the test was over and nobody had high hopes for it save one person. The teacher marked the scripts that instant and sought to return them.
“If you want me to call out your marks, raise up your hands. If you don’t want me to, keep it down.” He asked and only Mitchell raised up her arm but as she noticed that she was the only one, she dropped her arm.
“All of you preformed averagely. Well, It’s not new but… there is someone that surprised me. Mitchell Jaydon 10 out of 10. Congrats!!!”
“Thank you sir” she walked to the front to receive her script happily as all eyes were on her, things like that had never happened before.
“Geek to the core.” Clark whispered to Logan
“To the core.” Replied Logan
After the class, Mitchell sat down excitedly looking at her script as Rex walked to her clapping his hands
“Wow! Impressive, I guess you are a genius.”
“What do you mean genius? It’s just one test out of so many other to come.” She scoffed
“But it’s a math test. Girl you are a genius. Only geniuses belong to the science group. Looks like the science club is going to be opened again.” He explained and then Stephan also dropped a compliment as he walked past
“Keep it up genius”
“Wow… you are walking towards popularity. I’m sure everybody wants to be your friend.” Said Rex
“Because I aced the test?” Mitchell asked confused
“Yep! And you might have gotten a few enemies too.” Rex looked at the girls at the back of the class and then looked away. From the back, Isabella and her friends stared at her in a rather unfriendly manner with their arms folded.
“She must feel really important now” Isabella exhaled
“I don’t like her, she a threat and I don’t like threats. Geeky or not, she’s gotten his attention. I mean, did you see his face when her score was announced?” Tessie pursed her lips
“Who? Ryan… or Stephan.” Sophie asked being the dumb one
“Ryan of course. He was staring at her” Tessie added and Isabella looked at her and scoffed
“Nonsense… I’m sure Ryan will be thinking of a way to beat her. He always likes to be the best. Ryan was the best in our class, now he is the second.”
“Everybody knows Ryan can’t beat her. She’s a total geek. She must be reading eight hours a day. Ryan is an above average student… when everybody gets 49 out of 100, he gets 52. It’s not like he’s smart.…”
“Ah! So… we are the dumb ones…. I need a private tutor” said Sophie
“As if it’ll help.” Tessie scoffed and they all dispatched
Re: A New Writer by jaylicioussss(f): 1:30pm On Aug 12, 2016
You do watch a lot of Hollywood high school movies just like me, or you've lived one yourself. I must say your writing is so impressive. I am really glued to this, keep them coming. Just pay attention to some typos and tenses.

2 Likes

Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 3:02pm On Aug 17, 2016
6. A Dancer's love

Mitchell walked into the school hall with bottles of water in her hands and surprised her new group members. She figured she could at least help to relax if she wasn't contributing to their dance moves in any way.
“Well done you guys Take a break, I brought you water” she dropped the bottles on the table
“Thanks” Jake helped himself with a bottle
“You know…I would have said thanks if you had brought snacks” Jason sat on the bare floor as Jake threw him a bottle
“You are lucky you got water. If I was the one, I would give you a towel.” Trina teased and the girls giggled
“Why are you guys practicing? Do you have a competition?” asked Mitchell
“No! We perform every Tuesday at a local club. We need the money. We want to buy a karaoke machine.” Jeremy took a ball and passed to the boys and they started playing
“Wow” Mitchell exclaimed, the group just got more interesting by the day
“Congratulations on your test. You’re doing quite good for a new comer…Wow!” Rhea applauded Mitchell
“Thank you.” She smiled
“I saw you do some steps while walking home yesterday. You know, we can teach you a few more steps when you’re ready...” said Rhea
“But I can’t dance, it was just steps.” Mitchell opted out, she was shy
“It’d be fun”
“Okay, I guess. Thanks. Oh right, I heard that there’s going to be a sport festival on Friday. Are you guys participating?” Mitchell suddenly remembered and introduced the idea, she had always been a fan of soccer.
“Maybe the boys.” Rhea shook her head
“Come on, I want to see you guys play soccer. You know dribbling and scoring goals.” Mitchell gestured with her feet
“You mean us or the boys.” asked Trina
“All of you. Don’t you do sports?”
“Apart from dance… I don’t think so.” Rhea folded her arms together
“We can still watch the boys play.” Said Trina
“Should we have a picnic after the games?” Mitchell contributed and immediately Jake cut into their conversation neglecting his basketball game.
“Did I hear picnic?”
“She said pick me.” Rhea shoved him away
“If Rhea says yes, she means no. It’s definitely picnic. Hey guys come over here” he summoned the other guys and they all gathered together
“We gentlemen will take care of the food...you girls just make sure we get a good spot…far away from the school drama”
“Cool, you guys are acting like gentlemen.” Trina was impressed, she was difficult to impress.
Ryan sat on his bed in his room talking on the phone to Logan, he was agitated and he just blurted out all his anger into poor Logan’s ears.
“What do you mean? I am Ryan, I am the best. Nobody can win me whether Stephan or her. If I have to hire a private tutor, I will.”
“How can there be someone that smart?” Logan exhaled, mainly because of boredom…the call had been on for up to an hour
“Hey…how come we’ve only been talking about her? Man, I’m getting sick. All she does is trouble.” Ryan finally woke up to reality
“Okay, I’ll call you later. Bye.” Logan hung up and Ryan threw his phone on the bed and climbed off the bed
“Even a super genius is no match for me. I have to brace up. Mom! Mom!” He rushed out of the room and went to his mother who was busy blogging about her recent cooking recipe. She was alarmed at his sudden call, he had been in his room all afternoon playing guitar before he quitted to make a phone call.
“What Ryan? What’s the problem?” Mrs Johnson asked
“I need a private tutor.”
“Why all of a sudden? Is there a problem? Ryan, did you fail a test? Or are you going to repeat the eleventh grade?” She queried all getting all tensed up
“No… there’s an Albert Einstein in my class so I need another Einstein as my tutor to beat her.” He explained
“It’s good to hear that. When do you want to start?” She was impressed at her son’s sudden interest in school work, he had told her times without number that he was all for music.
“As soon as possible. Even today if possible!!!”
“Okay…High school teacher. What age limit do you want?” She typed on her laptop
“Even if it’s a month old, no problem as long as the person is a genius”
“Okay…age zero to infinity. Must be a genius. And I must add, someone with good tolerating ability because of your ego and disrespect. That’s it, it’s all done now.” She closed her laptop and they both smiled at each other in contention
The next day at Ryan’s home, He walked out of his room towards the fridge to grab something to drink and his mum called out for him from another room.
“Your private tutor is here!”
“Okay, I’ll be there in a jiffy. Just-in-fifty-five-years.”
“What did you say?” asked Mrs Johnson
“Nothing…I’m coming.”
“Hurry up then, she’s waiting in the study hall.” Mrs Johnson’s voice died down as she buried herself in her room and closed her door behind her. Ryan put on his serious back to school look and walked to the study room ready to start some real studying. All his action soon came crashing down the moment he laid eyes on his tutor from the half open door.
“What the heck!!” He gasped and Mitchell looked up from within the room but he immediately hid himself behind the door. Mrs Johnson ran out of her room alarmed at his yell
“What happened? Are you okay?”
“The tutor?” Ryan pointed to the room panting anxiously as he spoke
“Yes, you said you wanted an Albert Einstein and she’s the best I could get. We are lucky to have found her. Her resume is brilliant. I’m sure she’ll do a good job
“Mom! She’s the Albert Einstein in my class! For goodness sake, Mom.” He shrieked
“Oh! I didn’t… know. What are we going to do? I already paid her for the week...I guess you have to do it for this week.”
“Hell no! Let her refund the money” Ryan disagreed.
“Okay! Just do it for today, just think of it as a group study Hmm?” Mrs Johnson tried to persuade him with a smile
“I’m not going to. I dislike her…” he stood his ground and Mrs Johnson’s smile immediately disappeared and she hit him on the head
“You are not going in? I even tried to be nice, do you know how proud your father was when I told him you requested for a private tutor. Your exam is next week and you are still lacking in a few things. Better swallow up your pride and go in now before I lose my temper and... If she reports you for treating her badly, I’ll report you to your father.” She yelled at him
“Mum…” He stamped his feet on the ground and his mother pushed him into the room, Mitchell looked at the person being forced in and when he turned around to face her, she gasped and sat dumbfounded. Mrs Johnson faked a smile to her and left closing the door after. Mitchell had been avoiding his fiery gaze since the water incident but there she was right in front of him. He gave her one terrible gaze before sitting down.
“Okay. Where are your textbooks?” She tried to ease up the atmosphere, more so, he looked like he was going to strangle her right there, so she just tried to act normal and do her job. She asked again and this time he replied with his voice raised
“Don’t kid around! You are not my tutor…”
“Do you have a problem with me?” She asked and as if he was waiting for that question, he began to list all the reasons why he hated her.
“You are a nerd! I hate nerds. Your looks, glasses, how you speak, everything you do. I hate it all. Do you know how irritating it is to be in the same class as someone like you? Every time I look at you, I feel disgusted, do you know what annoys me the most? You coming to our school; I Just can’t imagine how someone like you got into this school. You are nothing but trouble! A nasty pretender and a walking havoc… A disaster!” He yelled into her ears and she just couldn’t take it anymore. She really tried to hold it in but she really hated all the terrible names he called her and all her bottled up anger busted out
“So! So! What? What are you going to do? Are you going to send me out of the school? Is the school only for people like you? Because you play a little bit of music and a bunch of morons run after you like a god, does that make you the best? Does it make other people inferior? I am also tired of all your popularity nonsense that can’t even get past the school gates. Do you think I also want to be in the same class as someone as nasty as you? You are the worst person I’ve ever met in my life. I won’t feel inferior to dullards like you.” She yelled back at him
“What did you say? Dullards?”
“Yes Dullards, I don’t care if you are the best musician in the whole school, what matters if what you have up here. Also because of the little accidents that happened, you think I’ll get on my knees and beg? You must be dreaming. I am your teacher and you listen to me.” She made sure she was the boss in the argument
“You like to kid around a lot. Well, let’s see how long you can hold up” He folded his arms and rested his back on the chair. She brought out her textbook and flipped opened a page and started explaining
Cos 2A – 1 = Cos (A+A) – 1
Cos 2A + 1 Cos (A+A) + 1

Cos A Cos A – Sin A Sin A] – 1
[Cos A – Cos A – Sin A-Sin A] + 1

She started teaching but Ryan didn’t pay attention, his eyes were closed as a matter of fact. He figured as long as he remained in the room, he could keep his mother away. Mitchell looked at him and started all over again raising her voice a bit higher but it didn’t help
“Will you concentrate?” she dropped her pen
“I don’t understand…You are too fast.” He said blandly without opening his eyes
“You would if your eyes were open. The more you concentrate, the more I can get to finish and we can both get rid of each other.”
“It’s okay…continue, I’m quite enjoying my nap”
“Now, I’ve had enough!” She stood to her feet angrily, she figured out he would just hold her up there to punish her while he relaxed.
“Please close the door on your way out” he said with a smirk in the corner of his mouth. She packed her bags and headed for the door
“Oh! You don’t have to return the money. Use it to get yourself some new clothes. I mean stylish. Those ones are really bugging me. You look like a 1970 hooker.”
“What!” Mitchell gasped angered at his words, she walked back to him and stood in his face.
“What did you just say? Take it back now!” She demanded but he rose up on his feet and returned the gaze
“Make me…” Suddenly Mrs Johnson opened the door and walked in with a tray of snacks only to meet the disturbing scene
“Oh my God. Ryan!” She dropped the tray and spanked him on the head to correct him “What are you doing? Are you being rude to her? I told you to treat her like your study partner! Even though you don’t get along with her, isn’t it better to lose your pride than to lose your chance at graduating with a good grade?”
“Mum! I already told you, I’m not going to sit down and be embarrassed by this girl.” He yelled and walked out of the room leaving the two ladies behind.
“I’m sorry Mitchell dear…” Mrs Johnson apologised for her son’s misbehaviour.
“It’s okay. I’ll take my leave now.” Mitchell smiled and left the room, Mrs Johnson also left the room shouting in the air so Ryan could hear
“Hey! Ryan, when are you going to start acting like a gentleman? You have no manners. When a visitor comes, you should treat them nicely, not…not… what I just saw. For your information Mr Ryan, She is going to be your tutor from now on whether you like her or not. Bet it with me, your father will hear about this!”
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 3:26pm On Aug 17, 2016
7. A Dancer's love

Finally, the game festival started; all the student gathered at the school field to watch the games and also partake in it. Lots of games were played including Hockey, Athletics, Basketball, soccer, volleyball, and many others. Ryan and his friends walked out of the changing room and saw Mitchell up front dressed in a sports uniform.
“Look! It’s your geeky tutor!” Clark informed and they stopped right before her.
“What do you want?” She rolled her eyes
“I’m going to make your life in this school miserable…” he actually smiled at her “Wow! You are really a brainless geek, no matter what clothes you wear!”
“I am not a brainless geek.” She claimed but he gave her one quick look from head to toe and nodded
“I can see...Don’t tell me you are going to participate. No it can’t be. Geeks suck at sports… But, shouldn’t you be in the library, studying. I have lots of exercises that you need to teach me. I won’t take it lightly if you don’t know them. ”
“Don’t you also have any music practice or something to do than to tease me?”
“No, actually I don’t and I think I enjoy teasing you. Like I said, I will make you leave this school…brainless geeks don’t belong here”
“I am not a brainless geek!” Mitchell claimed
“I don’t agree with you. You claim that you are not a geek, why don’t you prove me wrong. Today’s sport festival, participate…If you actually surprise me, I might consider withdrawing that name from you.”
“If I participate, you’ll stop calling me a geek?”
“Yep…Your kind only have brains for books, you’ll be lucky if it doesn’t get squashed in the game. Don’t worry, I’ll go easy on you”
“And if my team wins yours, what will you do for me?”
“That, I’ll think about it.” He cleared his throat and walked away smiling with his friends following after, they all had this ogling gazes that crept people out.
Isabella and her friends all dressed in sporting attire stood at a corner staring at Mitchell and Ryan dispersing after a long conversation, the longest Ryan had ever had with anyone except his friends in the school.
“What could that have been talking about?” Isabella wondered
“He was probably teasing her.” Said Sophie
“We have to keep an eye on her.” Tessie gave the idea but Isabella stood against it
“What! That’s so beneath me. Hey, I still have some pride.”
“Pride? You run after Ryan every time and you say that you have pride. Keep that ego of yours and before you know it, Ryan will be long gone.”
“Even still, I can’t”
“You don’t have to. Why bother when there is Vivian?” Tessie smiled and raised her eyebrow
“Oh right! Vivian! She owes you one right?” Sophie exclaimed at the ingenious idea and clapped her hands together
“Yes. She’ll be perfect for the job after all, she’s good at such things.” Isabella answered and they all giggled. Just then Stephan stopped by and Tessie and Sophie immediately excused them.
“What are you doing?” He asked
“Nothing.” She didn't give him a single glance
“Your birthday is tomorrow right?” He smiled
“You still remember?” She asked hidding her surprise
“Yes. Do you still remember mine?” He asked and she raised up her head and looked at him with a smirk on her face.
“January first, how can I forget when it is New Year?” She scoffed and he chuckled and brought out a small cubed present from his pocket
“What’s this? Can’t you give it to me tomorrow?” Isabella stared at it without accepting it
“It’s not your birthday present. Collect it and open it.” He stretched it further and she accepted it and tore open the wrapper. It was a small notebook she had given him as a present a long time ago
“Do you recognize it?” he asked seeing the look on her face
“You gave it to me saying that I should write my wishes in it and that they would come true. I am returning it to you”
“I’m sorry I can’t accept this…it was a long time ago and I don’t need it” She tried to return it but he pushed her hand back slowly
“You have a lot of wishes right now, write them there.”
“It’s just a childish notebook, do you really believe that?” She asked
“No, I didn’t believe it but I wanted to. Everything I wanted, I wrote in it and tried my best trying to achieve it.”
“Did it work?”
“Yes, sometimes if I really wanted it.” He smiled and for the first time in so many years, she smiled back and nodded “Okay”
“See you later… Don’t stay long in the sun, you’ll burn.” He turned back and walked away. Tessie and Sophie ran to her to hear the details; ever since his return, that had been their first real conversation.
“What did he say?” Sophie questioned and Tessie’s eyes immediately went to the box
“What is that?” she tried to collect it but Isabella hid it behind her and hid it. "It’s nothing”
“You won’t tell us what you guys were saying?”
“Have you forgotten about Ryan that easily?” They both probed her disappointed at her silence.
“What are you talking about?” She scoffed and walked away abruptly to avoid any more of their queries but they followed after her still. Tessie looked to the side and saw Vivian far away and she immediately called the attention of the others to her and they all walked towards her like predators running to their prey.
“Vivian, how have you been?” Isabella asked and they all circled around her, poor Vivian looked like a melting candle, she was frightened and Isabella’s smile sure made her feel worse, Isabella never smiles to just anybody, especially those who’ve clashed with her once.
“What do you need?” She twitched and Sophie raised her voice and yelled at her
“Answer the question!”
“I’m fine and you?” she responded avoiding their gazes as they kept on circling around her. Isabella scoffed and pursed her lips
“Wouldn’t you like it if I wasn’t fine?”
“No….” Vivian denied shaking her poor head vigorously. Tessie exhaled and stated exactly what business they had for her
“We want you to keep an eye on that Mitchell girl. She suddenly has caught our attention…even Ryan and we have a bad feeling about it. You can snoop around people, right?”
“No… Ah! Yes.” Vivian twitched in fear
“Find out what’s between her and Ryan, Okay!” Isabella added
“Yes, I will. Don’t worry, If you want, I can also…” she mumbled out a few words but they were already finished with her
“Let’s go girls.” Isabella cut in and walked out on her and Sophie followed after leaving Tessie behind with Vivian.
“You have a plan don’t you?” asked Tessie and immediately, like a veil was removed, Vivian’s pale and scared looked suddenly became strong and brazen.
“Don’t worry, I have a plan…She’ll blindly follow after the trails we leave her and when I’m through with her, she’ll regret ever coming to this school. With her own hands, Isabella will tear down everything that ever mattered to her.”
“You must report everything you find out to me personally… Also, that book in Isabella’s hand, can you steal it? Asked Tessie
“No problem.” She gave an affirmative nod and smiled
“We need to start a fire before there’s a flame…and Mitchell is going to be our match stick” They smiled at each other. Isabella called for her from afar and she left Vivian and raced to her.
“Oh! The soccer game is about to start!” Sophie announced and Isabella’s eyes surfed through the entire field until her eyes saw what it was searching for. She had a feeling that Mitchell girl would play as long as Ryan was also playing.
“Do you guys know how to play soccer?” She raised her eyebrows with a grin on her face.
“Soccer? Why?” Sophie and Tessie asked
“Cause we are going to.” She wrapped her arms around them and pulled them with her into the field right before the game started not for their interest in soccer but to be able to keep an eye on both Ryan and Mitchell. It was a soccer game with no gender discrimination so the girls were allowed to join in. On sighting the three girls on the field, Stephan also ran into the field even though he hadn’t intended playing at first.
“I don’t think this game is going to be interesting without me in it.” He smiled and joined in the team opposing Ryan. In the team were the members of the dance club: Rex, Mitchell, Rhea, Trina, Jason, Jeremy, Jake and also Shirley. Ryan smiled boastfully and took a look at his team players contented they were going to win since they outstripped them with one person. In his team were Clark, Logan, Simon, Ana, Christian and Genevieve and also the decorative trio.
The game started and Ryan made sure he kept his eyes on Stephan, he wasn’t going to let him beat him in a soccer match. The game was tense and aggressive for it wasn’t a soccer match any longer but a battle of pride between Stephan and Ryan. Even though Mitchell couldn’t play very much, she had a few chances with the ball but she would always get intercepted along the way. Ryan was so obsessed with cutting off Stephan that the match didn’t matter anymore, just Stephan. Towards the end of the interesting second half with both teams still with zero points, Stephan finally had his opportunity to score as the ball was passed to him but Ryan was determined to stop him, he made for his leg in violence so Stephan had to avert him and pass the ball to the next available player but he kicked so high that only the fastest and tallest would get to it. Mitchell looked up in the sky and seeing that she was the closest, she ran as fast as she could to but she wasn’t aware she wasn’t the only one; Resolute Ryan also made for the ball in the sky running the spot it would land but as fate would have it, they ran and plunged into each other’s arms in the collision. The decorative trio: Isabella, Sophie and Tessie gasped in shock with their mouths opened in shock. It was totally unexpected but the way others saw it, it was as if they were hugging each other. Rex immediately rushed to them and shoved Ryan away from her.
“Try to control yourself next time...She’s a girl, you could have hurt her!” He yelled at him but Mitchell calmed him down.
“Let’s go it was my mistake, I ran into him.” She accepted the blame and pulled him by the arm but Rex was too pissed.
“You heard her right? It wasn’t my fault. That’s the reason why I believe geeks belong in the library and not on the field.” Ryan jeered and walked away shoving Mitchell out of his way and kicked the ball away but it suddenly hit Isabella on the head instead and she fell on the ground.
“Isabella…” Stephan ran to her and pulled her up
“Are you okay?”
“Of course, I’m not okay!” she grunted and walked out angrily. Stephan looked at Ryan walk way like he hadn’t done anything wrong and he quenched his fist together but he calmed himself down and turned away. Tessie walked to him and folded her arms together.
“She got hit by a ball while trying to spy on Ryan and Mitchell. She thought something strange was between them. You should give up and start looking another direction. You’ll only get hurt.” She advised but he ignored her and followed after Isabella. She sat in the class alone with an angry stare at space. Stephan walked in with a bottle of water in his hand.
“Drink this” He placed it next to her
“I’m fine” She pushed the bottle aside but Stephan placed it in her hand
“Just take it.”
“I said I’m fine! You can go” She turned her head away
“Okay, I’ll leave.” He exhaled and turned to leave, he paused and turned back to offer her a piece of advice. “That girl Tessie, she’s you best friend. But are you sure you are hers? Be careful.” He advised and walked out of the class.
After the soccer game ended with a draw, penalty shots were played and Stephan finally got the chance to have his revenge by scoring the winning goal and his team won with four against three. After the game, Ryan sat down on a bench gulping down a bottle of water angry that he had lost to Stephan and Mitchell walked majestically towards him.
“What do you want, geek?” He asked and she cleared her throat
“You mean…”
“What do you want, Missy?”
“It’s Mitchell. Mitchell Jaydon.” She corrected and folded her arms
“Don’t hide behind your team. Without them you wouldn’t have won.”
“Save it. My team won, that’s all that matters. At least, I have a team, you only have decorations. You owe me one!” She smirked
“You said you’ll stop calling me a brainless geek if I participated, and if my team won, you’ll do something for me.”
“Okay, that’s true. What do you want?”
“Put me in the drama.”
“Which drama? Isabella’s drama?” He scoffed at the ridiculous offer and adjusted his seat
“Yes. I don’t want to be the costume manager. I want to act, real acting.” Mitchell confessed her desire to actually be on stage even though she was thought to not belong.
“Do you think Isabella would put you in, even if I beg her, she wouldn’t. You should just give up and get lost, you can never get popular...not in this school”
“Don’t worry about my popularity, worry about yours. You need more than skills to succeed, you also need good grades and learn how to understand people and their individual differences and your large mouth is getting you nowhere. I’m certain that in no time, everyone will soon realize that Stephan is much cooler than you are.”
“What did you just say?” He stood up angered at that single sentence, he had enough of Stephan and now she was saying in his face that he was better than him.
“You heard me right. I think Stephen is way better than you are. At least, he has manners…You don’t know the least thing about human behaviour, you condemn people who don’t have the same skills as you do thinking them as inferior to you. You are the one who’s sub-standard, full of empty space and a slow learner for the matter.” She yapped and kept nothing back and Ryan stood there speechlessly. Rex walked past them but as he heard her stand in his face lecturing him, he paused and watched the scene from afar. He was surprised and shocked at her audacity but he feared she wouldn’t be left alone.
“I can also be a bit scary too if you push me to my limit: I don’t have to be a genius to figure out that your father is a bit strict and will not take it lightly with you if you don’t live up to his expectations. A little snitch from me about how is your music is affecting your grades could pose a threat to your overrated music ambition. I’m sure you wouldn’t want that so…please mind your business.” She hissed and walked out of his face leaving Ryan angered and furious, he angrily pulled her by the arm back strongly and shrieked at her.
“How dare you!” He shrieked at her and that was when Rex ran in to interfere, he snapped Mitchell’s arm from his grip and stood in his way giving him a bold stare.
“Move away! Didn’t you hear me? I said move away!” He yelled at Rex but he stood still. Ryan gave her one last stare and walked away angrily and Vivian immediately hid herself as he walked past her smiling she had caught on the whole conversation.
“Mitchell…I know you want to be brave and all that but…why Ryan? What exactly is going on between the two of you?” Rex asked Mitchell and her angry face died down
“I can’t stand narcissists like him.” She exhaled as she laid her claim
“But be careful…Ryan is not the kind of guy you can threaten. If you wage war against Ryan, you wage war against the entire school. He’s got everyone at his back”
“Alright….” She smiled and walked on but he held her hand and pulled her back
“No…seriously, he’s a big deal. I just want you to be fine.” He advised with a smile and then let go.
Re: A New Writer by Nobody: 4:36pm On Aug 17, 2016
braineypraisey...had to read from beginning

Mention me when there's update. I'm taking notes and observations for you

1 Like

Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 9:58am On Aug 23, 2016
I apologise to those who had to read my story from the beginning. Well, I'm quite new here so I'm not yet familiarised with how to prevent that. But I also number the scripts every time I post a story so you can just search for the next number.
# 8. A dancer's love. #
I will try to find other ways to notify when I post a story. Thanks so much for your comments and encouragement.

braineypraisey
Re: A New Writer by MrsExplorer(f): 10:02am On Aug 23, 2016
I am reading this,,, nice one.

Can you maybe break your updates into paragraphs for easy read.
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 10:03am On Aug 23, 2016
8. A dancer's love

In the classroom where Isabella sat alone glaring at the bottle in front of her, she brought out the box Stephan gave her and read through the pages. They were friends, best of friends; he used to be the best and she would always cheer for him but suddenly, he chose to give up and leave. She couldn’t forgive his coward and pathetic heart, he abandoned her and his dreams and their friendship died. She exhaled and dropped the note on the table set to forget those memories. Just then, her friends rushed in dragging Vivian in with them.
“Isabella! Big trouble!” Sophie exclaimed
“Ryan has definitely gone crazy! I saw the two of them smiling making jokes all that kind of stuff. Ryan has definitely been bewitched by that girl. They were even holding hands” She lied and Isabella’s ears rang and she stood on her feet abruptly.
“You have to do something, you can never lose to a geek! Go quickly! Go! Forget Stephan, you can never lose to that girl. Show her what you are made of. Go now!” Tessie hurried her and she ran out with Sophie leaving the box behind
Tessie looked at Vivian and signalled to her “You know what to do, right?”
“Of course. Let’s start the fire.” She smiled and Tessie walked out following after the duo.
Alone on the field, Ryan sat on a bench thinking about what Mitchell said. He hadn’t been challenged as such before. All his life, he had though Stephan to be his main opposition but now, he was being challenged by a talentless geek. He banged his fist on the bench angrily and spoke to himself.
“You think you are the smartest person in the whole world huh? I will prove to the whole world that you are really a brainless geek. We’ll see how long you can last in this school…alright, Tutor Mitchell, I’ll show you being smart can also get tiring.”
Isabella, Tessie and Sophie rushed to the scene and saw him Ryan from afar sitting all by himself.
“Where’s that brat? Where is she?” She looked around for her
“She’s gone. Let’s go look for her. She needs to be taught some lesson. You must show her why nobody messes with Isabella.” Said Sophie
“No, I’ll ask Ryan myself.” She made for him but Sophie and Tessie both pulled her back.
“You can’t go like that. Let go of that anger first. Breathe in, breathe out.” Sophie demonstrated and Isabella obeyed taking in as much air as she could to calm her anger and Tessie adjusted her hair and put on her a pair of geeky glasses.
“If Ryan is attracted to geeky glasses, then we’ll …”
“Enough talking. Isabella, go already.” Sophie cut in and gave Isabella a quick push. She hurried to her and slowed down on getting to the bench, she sat down quietly and Ryan got the fright of his life as he turned and saw the glasses on her.
“Whoa! What’s that? And what are you doing here?” He queried but before she could get the chance to speak up, he figured it was because he hit her with the ball
“Hmmm…I’m sorry about the other time, I was just angry” he apologised but still held onto his ego and Isabella felt good, she must have meant something to him for him to accept fault for hurting her.
“I’m okay now… “She smiled and shifted closer to him “Hmm…that girl Mitchell…” She intended to ask but he raised his voice all of a sudden and yelled at her
“Don’t mention her name near me! Ever again!”
“Does that mean you dislike her?” She smiled and Ryan looked at her
“How can I like someone like her? She’s an evil geek, sharp-tongued and has no respect for me!”
“Yes, she is spooky, weird, and troublesome. She is a negative influence, if you stay with her, she’ll rub on you and you.” She added and Ryan replied with a yes
“She is trash and I’m going to show her the way to the bin. She asked for trouble, she’ll get it” He stood up on his feet to leave but Isabella pulled his hand.
“Don’t go, I have something to ask you.” She said and he sat back slowly seeing the look she wore
“Hmm… you think I’m silly don’t you?" She spoke softly and stared into space "All the crazy stuffs I do… you still endure it. Why? If it were other girls, you would yell and shout at them, but why?” She then looked him in th eye anticipating a reply
“Why…? Would you rather prefer that I should act cold to you? Even though you can be a bit annoying sometimes, I can’t act cold to you. Why? Because it’s my last act of humanity to you. Everybody knows after Stephen left, you were devastated. You switches sides and suddenly clung unto me but I know the reason why? You wanted to show yourself and everybody else you could do without him, you wanted to pay him back but somewhere along the line, you forgot and became obsessed with power. You replaced your friendship with power and now it’s eating you up. I don’t like Stephan and I know how big the issue was when he left, but I can’t for his sake mistreat the friend he left behind”
“Do you think it’s all about Stephan? No…this has nothing to do with me and Stephan! Why do you keep on taking my sincerity for granted? What do I have to do to change your mind?” She fried up and Ryan replied with a short and simple answer.
“Kill me.” He said as serious as he could
“Huh?”
“Maybe if you killed me, I’d lose my mind for a second and see the sincerity that doesn’t exist, but not in this world." He said blandly but the look on her face was that of a child whose candy got taken
"Hmm…Why is the atmosphere like this?” He cleared his throat and smiled hoping to wipe the anger off her face with his handsome smile but it wasn’t working. Just then, he saw Mitchell walking away and immediately, his smile disappeared and he rose on his feet.
“I have to go now…I have some unfinished business to deal with” He left Isabella and walked up to Mitchell and grabbed her arm from behind and pulled her away strongly.
“I think it’s time for our lesson, Geeky teacher!”
Isabella was more than furious as she watched them. She squeezed her face and quenched her fist together. She had had enough of the little games that Mitchell girl played with her and she was going to take actions…even if it meant proving Ryan wrong. Just then, Logan, Clark and Christian walked by and stopped at her.
“Where is Ryan? I thought you said he was here.” Christian asked Logan
“He was here a minute ago? Where did he go?” Logan marvelled and Isabella cut into their conversation
“He left with Mitchell!”
“Mitchell? Ryan left with Mitchell. Why? What’s going on between them? Why would Ryan…? Or… are they…” Christian wondered and Clark and Logan shut him up at the same time giving him a knock on the head
“Never!!! Nonsense!”
“Why…not?” He asked them both and they speculated among themselves
“I’m getting confused…” “What exactly is he thinking?” They wondered and walked away.
Ryan dragged Mitchell into his house and dragged her straight into the study room in the presence of his mother and she couldn’t do anything about it. When she said he should take his academic seriously, she wasn’t expecting him to drag his tutor in that way. He closed the door and grabbed as many text books as he could and dropped them all on the table. They were about seven to eight textbooks.
“Here. You must cover all these textbooks today. I have an exam the day after tomorrow and there’s still a lot of things that I don’t know.” He sat down
“Are you punishing me right now?” she scoffed but he ignored her and flipped open a text book.”
“Let’s start with this one.”
“How do you expect us to finish all these today?”
“I don’t care! You are only going to leave when we finish!!!” He yelled at her. It was his time to do the talking and with everything she said to him that evening, he had a ton of words he had prepared for her.
“I may not be a geek but I’m definitely a hardworking student. I study until late in the night when my eyes get swollen just to pass a single class test. What? Slow learner, empty space? At least I still try my best. Even if I am a slow learner or empty space. I still study every day. So, you have no right to threaten me with my dad. The worst that can happen is to make me quit music but do you really think my grades will improve? For your information, the reason why I am studying this hard is for my music career. If I past this upcoming exam, then I’ll get a scholarship into an arts university and I’ll be able to fulfil my dreams. You don’t know what I’m saying right? Because you don’t have a dream that you want to achieve so badly. That’s why you can say such things. So, until we finish these textbooks you are not leaving!” He shrieked at her making her feel guilty for all she said; she could not reply him for she saw the rage in his words and that was when she knew he was really hurt by her words.
She let out a heavy breath and collected the textbooks and opened them all at once.
“If it’s going to be that way then… fasten your seat belt. We will firstly start with differentiation. We already know that the formula of the chain rule is ….so, let’s solve this question together.” She explained as fast as she could and covered a lot of the textbooks in a short time. She was too fast, faster than he had imagined so he couldn’t catch on. She had noticed his previous enthusiasm had disappeared and she was merely speaking to a wall but his pride wouldn’t want her to stop
“What do you gain by doing this? You are obviously not listening anymore but you just want me to suffer by making me work all evening for nothing.” She dropped her pen
“That’s right” He claimed
“Okay…we both pissed each other off and started on the wrong foot, no need to apologise or anything, let’s just start all over.” she couldn’t believe the words coming out of her mouths but someone had to introduce the peace treaty.
“I don’t think I can ever like you…even if I try. You’ve disrupted my life already, it’s not something you can undo or forget about.” He folded his arms together and she scoffed
“Disrupt? I disrupted your life?”
“You tripped me, you wet my pants, you made me run around the whole school looking for you in wet pants, you even made me hug you…tell me what else is your talent other than disrupting people’s life?” He sat upright and gave her a questioning stare she could not avoid, he sure had different looks for different scenarios.
“Talents are special gifts that God endowed on us? My talent is definitely not to disrupt people’s lives. It doesn’t make sense.” She claimed
“Then what is your talent?” He pressed further and she shifted away from such glaring eyes trying to think of the right answer to give.
“My talent is… my talent is… hmmm…my talent is…My talent is studying. Yes studying.” She answered after much thought and he busted into laughter
“Studying? Studying is not a talent, everybody studies… Talent is more like singing, dancing, drawing…and all other cools stuffs you don’t have. Well, I don’t blame you, people like you don’t get to have talents.”
“People like me?”
“Yes…or do you have any interesting thing you can do other than disrupting people’s lives? Do you want to prove me wrong?”
“There a lot of things you don’t know about me. I can also do lots of cool stuffs…just because you don’t know it doesn’t mean I can’t do it” She mumbled even though she knew it was totally false.
“Okay…why don’t you show me and the rest of the school what it is that you are good at. The Talent show night is coming up soon and I’ll be showing you what real talent is all about. Perhaps you’ll be able to prove me wrong if you can try to win the bronze medal because I know there’s definitely no way an ugly face like you can beat Stephen or me; we’ll be the ones to fight for the gold medal.” He smiled and his words rang in her ears Mitchell but she stood her ground and feigned a bold face.
“Whatever! But, there has to be a wager.”
“Get the bronze medal and I’ll dance with you that night.”
“Forget it…” She disagreed
“What? Every girl will kill to have this opportunity. Do you know how honoured they would feel if I only bought then a drink, let alone dance?”
“I am not every girl. Because some girls run after you, you think you are prince Charming. Have you ever thought of the reason why the boys don’t like you? Why it is only the girls that follow you around?” she folded her arms together and pursed her lips
“Isn’t it obvious? It’s jealousy.” He replied with a grin
“Wrong…Bet it with me, someday, these fans of yours will open their eyes and see that you are just and empty shell. Your fans will neglect you and send you away. You’ll be so embarrassed and disappointed that you fans turned into your anti-fans right before your eyes.”
“Oh Yeah?”
“Mark… My… Words…Don’t say I didn’t warn you. I will participate in this event. If I don’t get the bronze medal, you can call me Geek and tease me as long as you wish and also, I’ll tutor you for three months for free. But… If I don’t get the bronze medal, you’ll do anything I ask you to do. Deal?”
“Deal!” He stretched out his hand for a shake but she shoved it away and he hit the pencil box on the table and it came rolling down.
“You even disrupt pencils, I told you it’s your talent to disrupt people’s lives” he teased
“Argghh!!!”
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 10:25am On Aug 23, 2016
Yep..Forgive me for the lack of organisation in my updates. I don't write directly on the post box, I just paste and no matter how much I edit, the paragraph just don't come out. The mistakes would be easy to correct when I use a proper computer but for now, I can't do much on my phone. Please bear with me.

braineypraisey
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 10:32am On Aug 23, 2016
9. A dancer' love

Mitchell had totally forgot the picnic and by the time she got home, it would have ended already. She dropped her bags and sat down on her bed thinking back on the duel she picked up with Ryan. Now, she had to think of something incredible to perform at the talent show which she knew she had none. She picked up her phone and called Rhea to apologise.
“Hi Rhea. I’m so sorry I missed the picnic.”
“The picnic is not important right now, where are you? Come right now” she said and hung up. Mitchell was confused but she checked her watch and picked up her bag.
“I’m so sorry… A situation came up and I had to leave immediately…Can I make it up to you guys?” she apologised as she walked in the hall where they all gathered.
“Can you make it up to the whole school? The whole school is mourning right now, there’s rumours going around that there’s something between you and Ryan. They said you left school together” Rhea said and they all looked at her.
“What? No” She was surprised “Who spread such stupid rumours? I left with him because I tutor him… Extra lessons” she confessed and they all exclaimed
“What…?”
“Ryan is asking for help from you? Wow! That is unbelievable, his pride is as high as a mountain but he hired you to take him extra lessons?” Jason exclaimed
“Well…it’s not of his freewill of course, I was hired by his mother. I saw a post online about needing a tutor and I thought I could earn extra money with my extra time so I gave her a call, I didn’t know it was for him” she explained
“So, has he shown you his impossible to like side?” Trina scoffed
“Yeah…a few arguments here and there…but nothing that I can’t handle…just that I might have made a bet with him. I‘m competing against him in this year’s Talent show night and I have to get the bronze medal.”
“What!!!” They all gasped and then her cool front fell
“I need your help guys…I don’t want to lose my three month’s salary”
“What-the-heck!” Trina yelled at her, did she honestly make a bet with her three month’s salary on a competition she was obviously going to lose in?
“That’s a bomb shell.” Jake found himself laughing at her
“Ok! Ok! Let’s look at this from an optimistic point of view... Okay, there’s none. Mitchell, you’ll lose your money…but except if you can try to persuade him or change his mind…” Jeremy went to her and sat her down trying to make her see his point
“That’s awesome! A chance to compete against Ryan, I wouldn’t miss it. We’re in!” Jason exclaimed and they all looked at him.
“Really? You’ll help me? Thank you!”
“Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Jason? The bronze medal…there are so many people competing that night…It’s not a matter of group performance. We’ve not even gotten to the tenth position before let alone third.”
“But we are the only chance Mitchell has right now. We have to help her…” Rhea added and they all agreed.
“To compete against the popular, you have to be prepared. Ryan is just one out of many you’ll meet at the Talent show. The bronze medal is farther than you think. Are you prepared?” Rex asked and she nodded and exhaled
“I’m going to show all of you who think little of me. I’ll prove to you that even geeks can be popular. I’ll transform from the nerd to the famous genius.”
“Okay, but you need an extreme make-over first.” Trina gave her a look from her toes upwards
“Make over..? What for?” she checked out her outfit
“Didn’t you say that you wanted to get famous? You need to at least look like a famous person.” Rhea smiled and she and Trina signalled to themselves and smiled.
The piggy banks came clashing down, the purses emptied out and they just couldn’t stop shopping. New shoes, colourful outfits and new haircut and even a complete spa. Her wardrobe was completely changed and her glasses were replaced with contact lenses. They made sure she looked totally different. The next day, at school, everything was normal as the previous day until... She stepped into class and everybody stared at her as she went to her seat. Rhea and Trina gave themselves a high five and smiled to each other.
“We did a great job didn’t we?” Rhea whispered to Jake and he nodded with a smile. Rex stood up on sighting her but couldn’t get a chance to talk to her for Ana, and the girls immediately circled around her.
“Wow, Mitchell, you look fabulous.” Ella complimented
“Thank you.” She smiled
“I like your hair…It smells nice too” Shirley sniffed in and the other girls laughed at her
“Why were you wearing glasses before? You look better without them?” said Ana
“You look exceptionally great, oh…I’m jealous, should I go and change my look to?” said Jessie.
“OH…you look just like…” Ana said and Jessie and Ella completed the sentence with a loud giggle
“Just like the female version of Ryan!”
“Shut up!” Isabella shut them up and stepped forward folding her arms together, obviously still pissed about the previous day.
“A geek yesterday…a totally different person today. This is another of your numerous deceptions. Why did you suddenly change your look? Why…? Because you were hoping you could impress or let’s say attract somebody?” Isabella probed and her friends joined her from behind
“What are you talking about?” Mitchell scoffed
“You don’t have to pretend…Say the truth…I know there’s something between you and Ryan but you need to say it so the whole class can know the truth…We’ll see if they’ll love your new look after” she faked a smile. Tessie slowly shifted closer to Mitchell’s bag and opened the zipper when no one was looking and she intentionally pushed it down pretending it was an accident. All of Mitchells’ book and pens fell to the ground
“Oh…I’m sorry….” She bent down to help her pick up her stuffs one after the other until she saw what she wanted to see. The box that Stephen gave to Isabella the previous day.
“What is that? Oh! Isabella, isn’t this yours?” she showed it to her and Isabella opened the box and saw it was hers.
“She stole it!” Tessie said the word and Isabella immediately flared up in anger and the whole class gathered around them to watch.
“You thief! How dare you!” she yelled
“I didn’t steal it. I don’t know how I got inside my bag. Believe me” Mitchell tried to explain her innocence but Isabella would just not listen and it was already turning into a heated argument.
“Shut up! You are just a thief. I have known from the first time I set my eyes on you that you are nothing but a piece of trash. Are you that desperate? Are you that poor to steal other people’s properties?”
“I didn’t steal it. The more I look at it, it looks like someone is trying to frame me.” She said but
“Don’t try to deny it. If you needed money, you could have said it. We don’t need lowly beggars like you in our club, I never want to see you there again”
“I am not a lowly beggar, please mind your words. If you would just stop yanking at me, maybe you’ll open your eyes and see that this is a setup. What do I need the notebook for? I am not going to stand here and be insulted by someone like you.” Mitchell said trying to keep her cool as much as she could.
“Someone like me?” Isabella asked “Do you know who I am?”
“What are you?” Mitchell asked audaciously referring to her as a “what” and not a “Who”. Everybody gasped at her choice of pronoun and Isabella raised up her hand to slap her but Stephan immediately held it.
“Stop it!” He said in a calm manner
“Let go of me!” Isabella tried to jolt herself free from his grip but her yelled at her this time
“I said stop it!” He raise his voice at her and shut her up, if that was what it took to wake her up from such silly and inappropriate state of mind. Mitchell hissed and walked out on them and Rex immediately grabbed her by the hand and dragged her out of the class. On their way out, they bumped into Ryan who was just coming from home. He became furious at the duo as he ran after then to stop them unfamiliar with the incident that had occurred in the class before he arrived.”
“I told you to be careful. Do you have any idea what the consequences are. The guys told me that you’re performing at the musical night because of a bet you made with Ryan and hey also said something about you tutoring him. Wasn’t it because of him that you stayed at the sport festival and I’m guessing it’s because of him that you changed your look? Why is it all about Ryan? The girls can be really sensitive when it comes to Ryan. Isabella, she might look nice and pretty on the outside but you don’t want to see her bad side. She might laugh with you all day but once you cross your boundaries, she can become really awful.” He lectured as he pulled her along without stopping or looking back.
“I didn’t change my look because I wanted to impress Ryan, and I didn’t steal anything.” She claimed
“I know…but do they know?” he asked her but she could not give a reply. Just then, they saw Ryan following after them
“Are you blind, didn’t you know that you bumped into me? It’s not even your first time, the bumping habit of yours is getting really boring.” He complained and they stopped walking
“Now is not a really good time, can you just leave?” she turned to him. It was only then did he see her new look, she looked totally different and striking. He was awestruck at how quick her looks changed, was she always like this? Ryan wondered.
“Let’s go somewhere to talk… I want to ask you something” He grabbed Mitchell by the other hand to pull her away but Rex pulled her back by other hand.
“As you can see, we were busy discussing. So, excuse us” He gave Ryan a bold stare.
“Hey…Rex…let’s go of her now, I have something really important to ask her” Ryan ordered but Rex wouldn’t succumb and Ryan was starting to get pissed off.
“You can discuss it in your lesson.” For the past few days, Ryan had found himself being interjected and challenged by Rex and somehow this was starting to get to him. He couldn’t believe he was being challenged by him someone not even worthy of a normal challenge and he felt his ego being dragged into the mud.
“Ryan… What do you want to say? Let go of my arm!” Mitchell tried to break free from the boys’ grip but they were so focused on their argument, they had forgotten they had really tight grips. She was afraid if anyone were to see the weird scene, the already existing rumour would be proven true if something was not done. She forced herself free Ryan’s grip and his face suddenly fell in surprise, he felt like he had lost to Rex and at the same time, he felt dejected that Mitchell had rejected him and disrespected his honour.
“She dropped my hand why…? Why would she drop my hand?” He pondered as he watched Rex pull her away down the stairs.
“I am trying to help you Mitchell but you keep on getting into trouble. These girls are dangerous and they’ll do everything in their power to get Ryan and that includes framing you. They’ll wage a war against you. And Ryan? Will he be your Knight in shining armour? Will he protect you? Think about this very well Mitchell. Don’t put your hand in a lion’s mouth, it will bite you.” He released her hand from his grip and then placed it on her shoulder.]
“I don’t want you to get hurt.” He exhaled and left her sober and walked away. She found truth in all he had said and she didn’t want to make more enemies each day. She walked sadly and slowly to class rubbing her fingers against the wall and as she looked up, she saw Ryan waiting for her. She turned back and tried to leave but he ran to her and caught up with her and stood in her way
“What is wrong with you? Why did you have to let go of my hand? Don’t you know what you did? You hurt my pride? Everything you do, everything you say, you always end up dragging my pride through the mud. I really had something important to discuss with you…but why did you have to let me look like a fool?” He went on and on but all the reply she had to give was totally different from the excuse he was asking for.
“I…am resigning as your tutor and I’m no longer performing at the Talent show night. You’re right, I don’t have any talent so you can keep calling me a geek, I don’t care and for the money, I’ll just pay you instead.” She exhaled and turned to leave but he held her arm and pulled her back.
“What…what is wrong with you? Did I say I needed your money?” He questioned but she had no more answers and he wasn’t willing to let go until. Just then, the whole class rushed out to watch the drama to see if the rumours were really true or not. They needed no more proof when they met Ryan holding Mitchell’s hand engaged in a long conversation. They all exclaimed and started mumbling and gossiping into each other’s ears. Isabella broke through the crowd and yelled
“Let go of that brat’s hand right now!” Isabella ordered and Ryan looked back and saw the audience all glooming at them.
“She’s not a brat! Mind your word’s Isabella!” Ryan yelled back at her and the whole class were surprised. Isabella could not control her anger and she stamped her feet on the ground and yelled.
“Ryan Johnson! You really think you can do anything you like just because everybody thinks you’re cool? Are you the only talented person in this school? Well…let’s see if how long your popularity lasts without your fans. We are all very disappointed… And also, you are out of the drama club! You should just stick to your music. If you come, I’ll really embarrass you. And also, Stephan Jefferson is going to be taking your place in the drama.” She shrieked and walked away angrily and the others followed her one after the other. Tessie looked at Vivian who watched form an angle and they both smiled to each other. As they all dispersed one after the other, Mitchell was brought to remember all the words she said to Ryan out of anger. She said that he’d be embarrassed and his fans would turn into his anti-fans right before his eyes. Right in the midst of everybody, the great super star who was loved by all and adored like a god was embarrassed and sent out of the drama club in front of his eyes. Worst of all, he was replace by his eternal rival, Stephen.
The school theatre was nicely decorated with ribbons and balloon for Isabella’s birthday but after the ruckus she had caused that morning, she wasn’t in the mood for any celebration. She sat down sobbing while Sophie and Tessie tried to console her.
“I was possessed. I was definitely possessed. How could I have done such a thing?” She looked at her friends and took out another tissue.
“Then, you must go apologize for sending him out like that.” Sophie advised but she wiped her eyes and shook her head
“No, I’m not crying because I sent him out. I don’t regret it. I needed to prove to him that I wasn’t obsessed. He needs to be taught a lesson. So I don’t regret chasing him out.”
“Then why are you crying?” asked Tessie
“Why did I mention Stephan all of a sudden?” Isabella started another round of her wails and Sophie and Tessie looked at each other confused, they had thought she was sorry for embarrassing Ryan and boldly declaring her hate for him in front of so many people.
“I know I hurt Ryan by sending him away like that but I replaced him with Stephan, that’s like killing him twice. I just opened my mouth and Stephan’s name came out. I know Stephan was his rival but, why did I…why.” She buried her eyes in her hands and Sophie exhaled and stroked her hair gently.
“Stop crying, today is your birthday.”
Just then Ana, Jessie and Simon came in with a big cake with lots of candles on it and presents singing a birthday song as they walked in
Happy birthday Isabella, Happy…
The three girls looked up at the celebrating trio with angry faces annoyed at their impeachable timing and they turned around abruptly and walked away. “Okay…we’ll come back later.”
“How did she get Ryan to like her? Was it her brain or…? I just don’t understand that girl is as sly as a fox…It’s like she’s set to oppose you, she even stole your present form Stephan” Sophie claimed and a smile appeared on Tessie’s face. It was exactly how she wanted them to think. Now, she had succeeded in turning Isabella’s back against Ryan now she had to turn the whole school against her. Just then Stephan walked in with an unpleased look on his face, he stopped in front of them and gave Tessie and Sophie a signal to excuse them.
“What do you want? If you are going to talk about what I just did? Then forget it.” She stood up to leave but Stephan held her hand.
“Let’s talk.”
“About what?” She sat down and folded her arms together
“Until when is all these nonsense going to end? Isn’t this too much? Actually, I was disappointed. How could you stoop so low to be having cat fights? You are better than this, where is the cool and nice Isabella? Where is the friend I left behind?” he queried her actions
“She left when you also left. You are in no position to tell me how to live my life. I am not your friend.”
“What happened to you?” he shook his head
“My eyes suddenly opened. I left the looser and I joined the winning side…Yes, looser, you are a looser; winners don’t quit but you quitted, so you are a looser. How could you disappear just like that? Even when you had throat ulcer and your operations wasn’t successful, I stayed by your side. I encouraged you to keep trying and never lose to Ryan but… you left. You disappointed me. You just proved to me that you weren’t worthy of that position. You gave up on yourself, so I had no other choice than to leave you.”
“I know I was wrong. I regret it now. I had five surgeries but none of them was successful. I thought that was the end of my music career, but I’m back now, I want to start all over. I will compete against Ryan in the Talent show night. Believe me…I’ll get back what I lost.”
“Do you really think you can win against him? What do you have? Nothing… You can’t win against him so just give up!”
“No! Not anymore…I am not giving up anymore. I may not have a band or anything but you can help me… You don’t have to answer me now but I’ll be waiting.” He slowly released his grip and walked away leaving her to think about it. Isabella was the most influential in the whole school and she could convince a lot of people; to win Ryan, he needed her help and to get her, he needed her forgiveness and corporation.
Re: A New Writer by pharmagba: 10:07pm On Aug 24, 2016
Following , please don't stop. I'm in love with how you distinct the characters

1 Like

Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 5:12pm On Sep 01, 2016
10. A Dancer's love

Mitchell walked in the hall and sat on the chair and watched the group practice and invent new steps for their performance at the talents show night, they had really prepared for the greatest battle ever and somehow helping Mitchell had encouraged them to work harder and have a strong determination. Jeremy paused the music and they all gathered around her.
“Mitchell…Are you alright? Forget Isabella, she’s a drama queen. You look beautiful, maybe she was jealous.” Jason encouraged and the whole group nodded in agreement.
“Thank you” She smiled and they all gave her a high five.
“Okay, let’s start practice. This talent show is going to be different from the previous because we have a new member and we’ll be competing for the bronze medal. So, I chose this song…” Trina announced ready to start practice but Mitchell suddenly busted her bubbles.
“Guys I’m no longer performing at the talent show.” She said and they all gasped in shock.
“Yeah I’m sorry…I can’t dance and I’m only trying to be someone I’m not.”
“Does this have to do with Ryan?” asked Jake
“Maybe…maybe not” She exhaled
“I think it’d be better that way. She entered the competition because of him and she’s leaving because of him. No harm done. She will be safer that way.” Rex claimed and they all looked at him. He was the only person that was in support of her
“What? It’s the truth.” He shrugged. Trina exhaled and held Mitchell by the hand.
“Mitchell, you don’t have to drop your ambition for the sake of some nuisance. I thought you wanted to be on stage to be popular? Because of Ryan, you lost that chance when you were kicked out of the drama club. Now you want to lose this golden opportunity because of him? You don’t have to know how to twist and turn to be a dancer, a true dancer is one who has the heart for dance; you are a dancer Mitchell. If Ryan is the reason you want to give up, he needs to come up with a good reason.”
“Look at us, we are preparing harder that we’ve ever done before, your bet with Ryan suddenly made us want to win. This isn’t about only you, it concerns all of us and you’re one of us now.” Rhea added
“The Mitchell we know never gives up. You’re a strong girl. You’ve got something no other person has.” Said Jason
“Even if you’re not competing just dance for fun and show others you’re doing well. You’ve got to know who you are, you are a dancer!" Jake added and with all their encouragements and words, she suddenly had the spirit to continue. She smiled and nodded in acceptance and they all gave her a group hug; Rex exhaled and then joined in the hug deciding to respect their decision. The practice started and she was taught a few steps and trick. She was excited to finally belong to a group, ready to learn and excel. Even though she danced like a slab and her arms hung slackly by her sides, the group were ready to teach her. Minutes became hours and they practiced until night.
The next day at school, Ryan was absent and the whole class was boring and unreasonably quiet and neither were the students paying attention to the teachers. Mitchell didn’t think his dejection would have so much impact and she actually felt sorry for him, he was rejected and embarrassed in front of the whole school the previous day and all because of her large mouth.
“He must have been dejected. It’s all because of my big mouth that he didn’t some to school today. I’m so sorry Ryan…” She looked at his empty seat and said to herself.
“Mitchell, would you face front?” The teacher demanded and she immediately obeyed. Even though Ryan was difficult to like and annoying most of the time, she felt bad and conscience stricken.
After the class ended, she looked at his seat again and then exhaled.
“It’s none of my business…just forget it” She looked away but she couldn’t help but look there again, this time she pushed her face sideways with her hand. “Stop looking.” She said to herself
“What’s wrong with your neck?” Rex asked and she quickly adjusted herself and faked a smile
“No … nothing. My neck is just sore and my shoulders hurt…It must be from yesterday’s practice” That being a little true but mostly false, she already got a massage from her mother and the hot bathe didn’t make her feel much pain in her muscles.
“Is that so, then let me give you a massage…” He chuckled and walked behind her and before she could kindly decline, he placed his hands on her shoulder and massaged her gently. She quickly ducked her head and removed his hand, she didn’t want to misread his act of kindness more so, she didn’t want another strange rumour about him. He faked a smiled even though he felt the rejection and acted cool.
“Then…I’ll see you later then…” he nodded and walked away. Tessie and Sophie sat rested against Isabella’s desk yapping about how boring and unexciting the day was but Isabella was too lost in thought to hear them speak.
“It’s so boring, Ryan didn’t come in today.” Sophie exhaled
“I know. Look at that wretch. When Ryan is around, she clings to him and acts like a fairy but when he’s absent, she shows her true colour. No shame at all.” Tessie hissed and stole a glance at Mitchell
“From Ryan to Rex, I wonder who’ll be next.” Sophie asked
“Stephan?” said Tessie and Isabella suddenly joined in their conversation
“Huh? What did you say?” She looked at the two girls and they were both surprised she hadn’t been listening all those while.
“Didn’t you hear what we’ve been saying?” Sophie queried
“I heard, I just didn’t hear everything.” Isabella claimed
“What part did you hear?” Sophie folded her arms together
“The part where you mentioned Stephan.” Isabella answered and the two girls exclaimed. They had wasted almost ten minutes chattering and yapping and all she ever heard was Stephan’s name. Ana walked to them and offered to cheer them from their boredom.
“It’s so boring today right? Should I show you a magic trick? Look at my hand, see, it’s empty.” She closed her hand and did a few swinging and actions with her eyes closed and then opened her hand. They all glared in only to find it still empty.
“What’s this? It’s empty. You call this magic?” Sophie frowned
“That’s right. Don’t expect too much, you’ll get disappointed. You didn’t think school would be fun without Ryan did you?” She asked and Isabella raised her voice in total disagreement.
“Ryan is not the only gifted one in this school. There are so many other super stars…wait until the talent show night. We don’t need him…Right in our eyes, he chose a geek over us… He needs to be reminded that we are his backbone in this school. I’m going to compete against him myself… I’ll be his major rival…I’m going to be in Stephan’s group?” She jeered and folded her arms in annoyance and they all exclaimed.
“Against Ryan?” “Are you out of your mind?”
“Yes…I’m crazy. Who said there should be only one super star in the school? I am going to perform at the talent show night and you are going to help me” She stared into space
“But we can’t sing or dance.” Sophie lamented
“Then we look for someone who can.” She stood on her feet and climbed up the table and got everyone’s attention.
“Everybody listen! Stephan is going to perform against Ryan at the talent show…and he needs a band. I know you are all in support of Ryan but shouldn’t we at least give Stephan a chance to compete fairly against Ryan? There are so many of us with talents here but we’ll always remain in the shadow as long as Ryan keeps on winning but if we come together and support Stephan, we can prove to the whole school that everybody can be superstars!” She gave the most motivational speech she had ever said in her entire life and everyone was moved. Sophie and Tessie looked up at Isabella with awe in their faces, they couldn’t believe their friend could ever do such a thing even when the person she cheered so much for wasn’t even in the class.
“I am a song writer!” Shirley stood up and raised her hand in support
“I guess I can dance a little” “I can play a guitar” Hands started appearing in the air and those whose skills had been ignored and down casted suddenly started standing up. Stephan suddenly entered the class only to see Isabella standing on the table and everybody staring at him. Isabella jumped down from the table and smiled at him.
“Can you make all of us super stars?” She smiled at him and showed him his new band. Stephan looked at her unable to express the joy and happiness in his heart. He was touched and happy that the friend he knew was back. Tessie brought out her phone and sent a text to Vivian
“There has been a change of plan. Isabella is getting the class’s support, we are supposed to make them hate her. Do something!”
Mitchel and her mother were busy preparing lunch one afternoon and Mitchell shared her recent experience with the dance group and how excited she was to be on stage.
“Mom, I’m going to be on a stage. I’ll participate in this year’s talent show night.” She clapped her hand together
“Really? That’s good. I’m so happy for you. You must make me proud honey…” She smiled and then Mitchell suddenly sneezed
“I won’t let you down.” She giggled and then sneezed again
“Oh…oh…Someone must be thinking of you.” She teased and Mitchell scoffed
“The only person that can be thinking about me is Ryan. Right now, he must be thinking of a way to break my little neck. I told him that he would be neglected and his fans would become his enemies, the next day, he got embarrassed and sent out of the drama club in the presence of everyone.” She narrated the whole story and her mother shook her head in pity. Just then, there was a knock on the door and she went to get it.
“He was absent from school today, He must have been really devastated.” She opened the door and to her surprise, Ryan was standing in front of her house.
“Ryan…” She gasped.
“It’s the right house. Hello, Mitchell.” He waved into the air and invited himself in.
“What are you doing here? How did you know my house?” She probed as she followed after him but he just ignored her.
“Good afternoon my dear. You must be…” Mrs Jaydon walked out of the kitchen to welcome him
“I am Ryan, Mitchell’s classmate and student.” He smiled and shook hands with her
“Oh! So you are Ryan. You are welcome.” They hadn’t finished talking about him some seconds ago.
“Wow this is so cool, I’m actually standing in front of the mother of our class genius. I feel very honoured.” He bowed slightly and gave her one of his benign smiles and Mrs Jaydon sure fell for it
“Mother of the class...Genius?” She was flattered to be referred to as such
“Yes, Mitchell is the Albert Einstein of our class. She’s really smart.” He smiled and Mitchell broke into their awkward conversation.
“Why are you here exactly?” she folded her arms together and heaved a bold front.
“For lesson…” He simply replied and smiled.
They walked into her room and Ryan looked around impressed at how well organised it was. It didn't look anything like a geek's room. It had posters, family photos and also smelt nice.
“Wow! Your room is quite nice, I was expecting thick covered books here and there.” He teased and sat down and brought out his books. She closed the door and sat down with a frown
“Class genius? Albert Einstein? Why are you buttering me up in front of my mother?” she folded her arms together
“Would you prefer it if I called you a brainless geek?” He replied and then she keep quiet for next few seconds. She wanted to say something and apologise for all the terrible things she said to him but her pride would not allow it so easily, he caught her stealing glances at him and then spoke up.
“What…?” he asked and she exhaled and then apologised as fast as she could.
“I’m sorry for everything that happened to you yesterday. I feel that it’s my fault and so I’m apologising” she closed her eyes in shame and he chuckled and looked at her
“So, you finally accept that everything you do disrupt my life?” He asked and she opened her eyes in contradiction
“What? Do you think you were the only one affected? You also disrupted my life, now I have a lot of enemies because of you? Don’t you know the rumours going around about the two of us?”
“Rumours? What rumours?” he raised his eyebrows, he was totally ignorant of everything going on around him and Mitchell had to be the one to break the news to him, it was so humiliating and difficult to say.
“That…you… Arghh! This is so embarrassing the whole school thinks that… you…..and I….are…dating” She mumbled the words unable to look him in the eye, he let out a loud laughter
“Do you think this is funny? I also want to hide my face and disappear but unlike someone who misses school because of just one day of humiliation, I am brave.”
“What…? Who told you that I was absent because of humiliation. Didn’t I tell you that I had an exam today? You are a geek yet you forget things easily. You are really a brainless geek no matter how you look. Although, your appearance matters too but to be cool, you have to have it in you, I’ll show you what it means to be cool when I win that gold medal at the talents show” he boasted and winked at her.
“You should be worried about your medal. I don’t want to be a snitch but… Isabella is getting everyone to support Stephan, You better don’t let your guard down?” she advised
“Even if the whole school is on his side, I will still win…because, I’m the best. What…is my girlfriend concerned about me?” He teased and she hit him with a pencil on the head
“What? Girlfriend?”
“Ouch! Hey!” he grabbed another pencil to hit her too but she was too smart for him, she grabbed a book and blocked her head and then hit him again
“I’m smarter” she booed and laughed at him while he wasted his energy trying to get past the book. Ryan fell completely silly and outsmarted, he watched her make fun of how funny his head sounded with the pencil. She was really having fun making a complete fool out of him and he found himself staring at her as she smiled. Ryan acknowledged that her new look suited her and might have given him a second thought but considering how hateful she was about the rumours about them, he assumed that she must really dislike him. The moment she saw him staring at her, she suddenly became serious and she jolted him back to reality.
“Stop fooling around. Go home.”
“Alright, Alright. I’ll leave now. Goodbye brainless geek.” He opened the door only to meet Mrs Jaydon at the door pretending she was cleaning…
“Ah…I was just cleaning around. Leaving so soon….” She faked a smile on her embarrassed face
“Yes…” He greeted and left. Mrs Jaydon rushed into the room and tickled Mitchell
“You guys were laughing now…weren’t you?”
“Mum!” Mitchell snapped her mother out of her ridiculous fantasy, if she was a bit younger, she would have believed that her mother had fallen in love with Ryan.
After school hours the next day and after the whole group had practiced together, Mitchell stayed behind to practice some more, so she could improve. The talent show night was approaching and she didn’t want to draw her group behind. Ryan walked past the hall singing and as he peered through the window, he noticed her dancing. He smiled and then walked away and came back few minutes later with a bottle of water and an energy bar chocolates. He hid the items behind him and rushed in to surprise her but he ended up frightening her instead.
“Oh my! You startled me” she yelled at him and he stretched out and offered her the refreshments he bought. She declined his offer and pushed his hand away.
“What’s with the snacks? Today is not even the day of goodwill” She asked and then continued dancing but he stood in her way and prevented her from taking another step.
“If it was Rex, you would have accepted it, right?” He asked but she ignored him and turned around to continue but he stood in her way still restraining her every attempt to continue dancing.
“Why are you suddenly dancing? Are you practising for the talent show? I thought you said you were no longer performing.” He probed
“I’m back in and can’t I practice even if there’s no event in the school? Will you stop obstructing me? Okay…I’m no more dancing…I’m leaving…” she raised her voice but he wouldn’t move away, he smiled and offered her one last time. She exhaled noisily and grabbed the items from his hands
“Fine! Can I go now, Rex is waiting for me” She demanded
“Rex, Rex, Rex! You two are always together and he’s eyes are always on me when I’m talking to you like I’m going to bite you. He’s the one you should be careful of… I’m certain there’s a reason for his excessive care… I wonder why the rumour mongers haven’t discovered that yet.”
“What nonsense are you talking about? He’s my best friend…are you jealous?” She asked and he scoffed
“Jealous? Why would I be jealous?”
“Exactly, then if you are not jealous, then you shouldn’t have a problem. Excuse me” She shoved him out of the way and made an attempt to leave but Ryan pulled her back sharply causing her to trip on her shoelaces and Ryan tried to save her but ended up going down too plunging her into his embrace as they both fell on the floor. There was an absurd silence for a few seconds and their eyes met, Mitchell blinked repeatedly and twitched as she felt his heart thumping.
“Why do you like hugging me?” He broke the silence with a tease even in the most awkward scenario. Mitchell hurried to her feet with her heart beating excessively and she ran out of the hall embarrassed. He slowly stood up with colours flooding his face and picked up her jacket from the floor.
“No…I’m not jealous…I just get pissed off when you’re together.” He said to himself softly.
Re: A New Writer by pharmagba: 6:38pm On Sep 01, 2016
Please don't stay too long before the next episode
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 7:31pm On Sep 12, 2016
11. A Dancer's love

Tessie and Vivian walked right outside the hall discussing about their plan as Mitchell ran out of the hall.
“So what’s your plan? The talent show night is next week.” Asked Tessie
“We trick Ryan and make him come into a class alone, then we lock him right before he performs. When the whole school finds out Isabella did it, she’ll be doomed.” Vivian explained
“And what about that Mitchell girl?” Tessie looked up and sighted Mitchell running out of the hall and she immediately hid herself in the corner. She didn’t want to be seen discussing with Vivian hours after school ended.
“What are you doing here? School is closed.” Vivian stopped Mitchell and bought Tessie some time to escape
“I was practicing, and you?” Mitchell replied and Vivian peered through the window and saw Ryan.
“You were with Ryan? So I was correct after all… then I guess it shouldn’t be called a rumour anymore.” She chuckled and folded her arms together
“What…it was you who started the rumour?” Mitchell was too smart to miss that small piece of confession
“I start any fire that I want as long as it serves its purpose. I wasn’t expecting the box you stole to have such great impact on Isabella.” Vivian smiled
“You also framed me…why? What did I do wrong?” Mitchell was surprised and her eyes oozed up with tears.
“No silly girl, I don’t have a lot of things against you. You’ve been very useful… but perhaps when I’m done destroying Isabella, I might have time to tear you and Ryan apart.” She chuckled
“Why are you this wicked? What do you gain by doing this?” Mitchell yelled at her and Vivian shushed her
“Shh!!! It’s none of your business…I am only giving Isabella what she deserves. Do you know how four year of constant tyranny feels like? She took away everything I held dear and I’m going to do exactly the same to her. I really hate her and tomorrow, she’s going to get what’s coming” She confessed and Mitchell stood in shock. Vivian saw Rex approaching them and she immediately put up a fake smile
“You better watch it or else I’ll shut that mouth of yours for you. Hello…Rex” She greeted as Rex arrived and stood in between them but even with her smile, he could still discern the tensed atmosphere.
“Oh…I was just telling Mitchell to watch out for my performance tomorrow, it’s going to be breathe taking” She smiled to Rex and turned to leave
“No! She’s going to do something terrible tomorrow! Rex, listen to me, Vivian is planning something evil tomorrow" Mitchell yelled and tried to convince Rex but Vivian didn’t bother to look back. She knew no one was going to believe her any ways.
“I know, that's what girls who are obsessed with Rwan do, make evil plans, just stay out of her way and you'll be fine. Common, let’s go, I’ll walk you home.” He pulled her by the arm and walked her away without listening to any of her warning.
“You’re not listening to me!” Mitchell claimed as they both walked out of the school.
The following week was the busiest and fastest as different groups and individuals practised and prepared for the upcoming talent show. The annual Talent show night was an annual program aimed at giving the students a chance to express themselves and also to expose them to sponsors and hopefully a chance at the spot light. Different show business managers and television showcase presenters would be present at every show to play the role of the judges and also hold high hopes to watch a performance that would catch their attention. The D-day finally arrived and every students rushed into the beautifully decorated hall in piles one class after the other enjoying the background music as they eagerly wait for the show to start. The different performers and groups were allowed dressing rooms to either practice or get their costumes ready. As the dance group prepared, Mitchell sat by the table and said a word of prayer, she couldn’t believe she was going to get on stage for the first time. Rex gathered the group together and took a photograph before leaving the room.
“Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen to the joyous occasion. I am your presenter Mr Larry. Before we go to the heat of the day, I’d like to share the story of how this school began. Star Ellerine high school was founded on the 3rd of July 1983 by the late Princess Kate Ellerine. Since history, this school has been a school where we build people up and turn them into stars. This school is a school where you can make your dream come true. We have the best standards in the whole of Africa. We have won so many medals and awards. But this school wouldn’t be a school without you guys in it. You have made the school proud in all your dealings and we appreciate your devotion. We respect diversity of talents and skills and that is why we have four different groups and join me as I welcome the leaders of each group as they deliver a short speech. First, Ana Joseph, the captain of the visual arts group.” The whole crowd applauded and Ana climbed up the stage and collected the microphone and cleared her throat
“Good evening everybody. Tonight, I use this privilege to encourage all participants and wish them luck in this competition. You can do it! Also, to all members of the visual arts club, ‘WE ARE THE FUTURE!!!” she raised up her hand and the crowd repeated the sentence and applauded her as she got off the stage.
“Thank you Ana, next we have Ryan Johnson from the music club.” The crowd went wild and clapped as he climbed the stage.
“Enjoy tonight… and also, don’t forget to put on your dancing shoes.” He smiled and was again applauded as he got down after his very short speech. Mitchell was surprised to see him being adored by so many people even though he was embarrassed by Isabella. His popularity was really not a joke.
“What? Is that a speech?” She scoffed as all the people around her cried out his name.
“Of course, even if he didn’t say anything, they’d still applaud him.” Trina added
“Ok, next is Jason Spark, the leader of the dance group.” All the members of the dance group made sure to give him at least one big cheer
“Good evening everyone… To all the members of the dance group, I wish you luck from the depth of my heart. Come rain come sunshine, we’ll always be together right behind each other’s backs. Don’t give up. The sky is your limit. Thank you.”
“The last but not the least, Isabella from the drama group”
“Thank you, thank you. I am very honoured to be a student at this great school and also to be standing here in front of you guys tonight. I’ll like to acknowledge the presence of Star Ellerine’s former star, Stephan Jefferson; He is also going to be performing tonight.” She pointed to him and the whole crowd roared.
“Before I hand over the mic, there will be a party tomorrow after school, it’s my birthday party. I couldn’t celebrate it earlier” She handed the microphone over but snatched it right back just to add her final words. “Just a moment…For the members of the drama club, there are free stickers for you. Don’t give up until you shine.” She finally returned the microphone and walked down the stage as she was being applauded.
Before the competition started finally, there was going to be a ball dance for interested people or at least people who could get a partner. The slow songs played and Ryan stood with his friends looking at Mitchell. Clark shoved Logan slightly and turned his attention to Ryan and they both giggled.
“Ryan’s what’s wrong? Is everything alright?” Logan asked
“Don’t tell me, you want to dance? With your geeky tutor?” Clark teased and Ryan ignored them and finally took a step closer to her. Just as he was a few meters away from her, Rex noticed him staring at her and immediately sensed he was going to ask her to dance. He quickly intercepted him and asked Mitchell first.
“Mitchell, how about a dance?” He stretched out his hand to her
“Dance? But I don’t know how to dance.” She tried to refuse but he grabbed her hand and pulled her out into the floor.
“Just a couple of movements would do.” He smiled and sneaked a peek at Ryan who stood motionlessly feeling cheated. Stephan walked to Isabella and smiled.
“My feet is itchy for a dance.” He stretched out his hand and she accepted it and smiled back
“Mine too…”They walked to the dance floor and started dancing.
Ryan stood close by and kept a close watch on Rex and Mitchell as they danced slowly. Rex was aware of Ryan and he intended to signal to him to keep off so he whispered into Mitchell’s ears a few times and made her laugh. Ryan couldn’t help but become furious, he hated the fact that Mitchell was smiling and he hadn’t the slightest idea what they were talking about.
“There’s something I want to tell you” Rex said softly and Mitchell looked up at his face
“What is it?” Mitchell asked
“First, you’ll have to promise me that what I’m about to say won’t affect our friendship.”
“Hum… It depends, affect our friendship…on the good side or bad side?” She looked up and chuckled
“Bad side of course” He returned the smile
“Okay then. I promise. What is it?” She asked making a slow spin
“I… like you.” He confessed boldly and she immediately stopped dancing unable to believe her ears. Ryan gasped in shock and total anger for he was able to read his lips and Mitchell’s expression.
“I know I shouldn’t be saying this like this but I feel that I shouldn’t hide it any longer. I always wondered why I was nice to you, why did I feel sad whenever I saw you sad, why did I always feel jealous when you were with Ryan? So, I thought, It must be because I like you. I don’t expect you to worry yourself over it, I just wanted to let it all out and now that I have, I feel relieved. You can pretend as if you didn’t hear me but…. Don’t do things that’ll make me feel jealous, especially with Ryan.” He confessed and Mitchell stood dumbfounded and short of words with colours flooding her eyes. Rex gave her a slight kiss on the cheek and left her on the floor like a fool who didn’t know her left from her right.
“I’d really prefer it if you didn’t pretend as if you didn’t hear me” Rex said inaudibly as he walked away. Ryan just couldn’t let go of his anger and at the same time, he couldn’t express it. He walked out angrily and went into an empty class to cool himself off. Suddenly, he heard the door slam shut behind him; he ran to the door but he couldn’t open it. He knocked on the door but the music was too loud for anyone to hear, he tried making a phone call but he found out he had been picked pocketed. Tessie and Vivian met somewhere close to the class where he got locked up.
“How did it go?” Tessie asked and Vivian showed her the key
“I locked him in. Here is the key, how are you going to plant it in Isabella’s bag?” She asked
“Hold onto it for now.” She said and signalled their plan fulfilled.
The performances began and different individuals and groups came up the stage to perform. When the time came for the dance group to perform, the music started and they got deeper into the dance and made the quote -We dance to express, not impress- be seen in their dance. After their performance, they all gathered to rejoice and Mitchell looked around for Ryan hoping he was impressed that she wasn’t so talentless but she couldn’t see him anywhere. Her eyes met with Rex and she quickly looked away, she didn’t want to think about what he had said to her but his gaze made her remember it over and over again. It was time for Stephan’s performance and he and Isabella walked on stage followed buy the little band they had gathered. Everyone was really looking forward to their performance and they weren't let down. Stephan and Isabella sang really amazingly while the group dancers danced a choreography to match the romantic song. Memories of the times they spent together filled their minds as they sang wonderfully and the crowd went along with their song. After their performance was Ryan’s but he was nowhere to be found; his friends were worried and they tried calling him but his phone was switched off. They were very worried and by the time Stephan’s performance ended, they could not think of anything to hold off the show.
“Where could he have gone? Try calling him again.” Clark said and Logan dialled his phone again but it was switched off. Stephan and Isabella rushed to them after they got to know of Ryan’s disappearance. ‘
“What did you say happened to Ryan?” Stephan asked
“We don’t know…He just disappeared during the dance and his phone is also switched off. We don’t know where he went.” Logan explained
“Have you checked the classes?” asked Isabella and the both shook their heads, they hadn’t thought of it until she made mention. They all searched the classrooms until they got to the class where he was locked pacing up and down hoping for someone to let him out.
“Ryan are you in there, are you okay?” Logan knocked and Ryan rushed to the window and banged at it.
“Yes, I’m in here…you have to get me out of here!” he requested, he didn’t want to miss his chance to perform that night.
“The door is locked. What do we do, people are already waiting for your performance” Clark announced and they all thought of a way to get him out
“The storage room! Quickly, go bring all the keys you can find in the storage room.” Exclaimed Stephan, the storage room was the place where the janitor kept the keys to each class.
“But…the storage room is locked. Only the janitor has the key…He’s not coming until after the show…there’s no time” Logan was sad to inform and Ryan slowly refrained from the window. He was supposed to be on stage performing but he was held up in a class and there was no more time. He was dejected that he had lost his chance to perform that night. Stephan saw the look that was on his face and he recognised it as the same look he had when he was about to give up on his dreams.
Ryan walked away from the window conceding to Stephan
“No…go win the medal…You deserve it. I guess we’ll have this fight another time” Ryan said but Stephan just wouldn’t give up.
“No…You can still make it. You mustn’t give up!” He grabbed the door handle and shook it with force. He didn’t want another person to make the same mistake he did. There might not be another time and it wasn’t fair to lose without a fight. He shook the door handle with force and tried kicking it, He shifted back and stamped at the handle and suddenly it broke open. The door was opened and everyone was surprised especially Ryan to receive such help from his long term rival. He raced to the stage and calmed the crowd with a short sole with his bass guitar as his friends also climbed up and picked up their guitars also and joined in and they started their performance. It was a close break and he couldn’t have done it without Stephan. Only when his performance had ended did Mitchell find out what had happened when she saw Isabella probing her two best friends at the back of the hall.
“Who did this to Ryan? Someone locked him up, it was definitely not an accident! Who did it?” She asked
“It’s definitely not me. I was with you guys the whole time.” Sophie shook her head
“Where’s Vivian?” She asked looking around and beckoned on Vivian to hurry over. The always scared and pitiful Vivian folded her arms together and walked at her own pace wearing a brazen look on her face.
“Someone tried to sabotage Ryan’s performance. He was locked in a class, I need you to find out who did it…probe as many people as you can” She ordered and Vivian pursed her lips and asked her a confronting question
“Shouldn’t you be the first person I would probe?” She tilted her head and raised the accusing finger at her.
“What?” Isabella was shocked
“Aren’t you the first person capable of doing such a thing? You got into a fight with him and promised to bring him down and to do that, wouldn’t locking him up be the best option? If it isn’t you? Then is it Stephan?” she fixed her gaze intently at her and the people surrounding turned to listen.
“That’s impossible! I would never! I was dancing with Stephan when the dance started. What about you? Where were you?” Isabella defended and returned the question
“It doesn’t matter where I was” Vivian tried to avoid the question but Sophie yelled at her
“Answer the question. Honestly, you are the only one capable of such. I didn’t see you at that time, even you Tessie” Sophie claimed and Tessie got a bit anxious, she knew the plan had backfired so it was time for her to cut her losses and withdraw.
“I was in the bathroom” Vivian lied and Tessie immediately cut in
“How come I didn’t meet you in there? I was there the whole time receiving a phone call. Say the truth, where were you?” Tessie queried and Vivian looked at her shocked she turned her back at her.
“It was you right?” She asked again and grabbed her purse from her and threw out all the things in it and the key fell right to the floor. “What is this? You locked Ryan up? Isn’t this the key?” she pretended and left the rest for Isabella.
“How dare you?” Isabella slapped Vivian and grabbed a glass of juice from the table and splashed it in her face. “You will surely pay for this” she hissed and walked away and Sophie and Tessie followed after.
“Her angry side is really awful…” Mitchell said and Trina nodded affirmatively. Vivian couldn’t believe everything that had happened, everything thing backfired on her and worst of all, Tessie betrayed her. She knelt down as she squeezed her clothes. No matter how much she tried, no tear came down from her eyes.
Re: A New Writer by coldflamesbeats: 7:55pm On Sep 12, 2016
how can i get in-touch (business)
braineypraisey:
Hello ladies and gentlemen. I'm new here and I would like to share my writing skills with you all, please check out my story. Comments and criticism are welcome. hope you won't mind my characters all have English names.

A DANCER’S LOVE

Right in the beginning of the term when fun and academics still went along well; the tests were a long distance away, the teachers remained placid; one could still feel the last Christmas’ spirit. In a classroom setting, well arranged and full of students lazily around waiting for the class teacher. A short and round student hassled into the class and yelled to get the attention of her friends whom her words concerned.
“Ryan is here!” Yelled Vivian as she rushes to her seat. Immediately a number of girls in the class responded to the news and rushed to their seats bringing out their makeups and perfumes filling the air with the strong fragrance. Expectantly, they waited until a perfectly built and ruddy young boy walked in elegantly, will all their eyes on him, he walked to his friends and greeted.
“Hey Ryan” “What’s up? Logan, Clark” “Cool”
The prince charming exchanged pleasantries with his friends and settled in his seat. Perceiving the strange and lurking fragrance, he stole a glance at the girls and then exhaled
“How am I supposed to like this class with this early morning offensive odours?” He brushed the smell off his face and jeered. A luxurious girl left her seat for his and placed a can of coke on his table. It had become sort of a daily routine that started a time too long to stop now.
“Ryan, did you have breakfast already? Have this, make sure you drink it” Isabella smiled
Teacher Philips walked into the class looking stressed out and weary as usual. She was the only teacher who was willing to be the class teacher of eleventh grade even though she was also their English teacher. They only had one more year to prepare for their matric exams but she didn’t see any sign of seriousness in any of them. They were all so absorbed in all other things but school.
“Good morning students, Isabella, go back to your seat” she placed her books on the table. Isabella grunted and walked back to her seat
“I said good morning students!” Teacher Philips yelled
“Good morning teacher Ann” The students organized themselves and greeted.
“I must say, I’m impressed with you guys. Your last test was good, I hope the next will be better.” Said teacher Ann
“Yes!!” the students chorused
She noticed a couple of notes being passed around from one student to another, finding their way to Ryan but the lad didn’t bother to read them, he just tossed them away. It was causing a distraction and litter, most importantly.
“Ryan, can you go and bring the notes on my desk please?” She needed to help the poor guy out
“May I go with him?” Isabella cuts in
“No! Ryan hurry up and go” she instructed and Ryan walked out of the class with the ogling eyes still following
“He’s so cool” exclaimed Tessie
“I Know” replied Isabella
Teacher Philips took out the class register and gave the entire room a surveillance look
“Okay, let’s mark the register. Hmm, everyone is present…except… where is Ana? Is she late again?”
“Yes, teacher” Rex nodded
“This girl needs to be taught a lesson. I’m sure she’s still in bed by now…Drooling” jeered Teacher Philips making the whole students roar in laughter
“I won’t let her in when she arrives” She added
Jaggedly roaming in the school hallway was Mitchell Jaydon, a new and naïve crooked girl hurried down the hall staring at a sheet of paper which seemed to be the school map. It was her first day of school and she wouldn’t have been late if she hadn’t lost her contact lens in the shower that morning. She only wanted to look normal on her first day of school since glasses made her look like a nerd.
“The principal’s office is on the right, the snack shop on the left…argh!!! Where is the eleventh grade? I’m a late already. Oh! I found it on the map but I can’t locate it. What kind of map is this? Or…is it upside down” She starred into the paper obliviously and raced down the hall only to bump into a strong and broad shoulder. A loud thump was heard as they both fell flat on the floor. Books and stationaries scattered everywhere on the floor but luckily nothing was broken, a few picking up here and there would solve the mess and she would still be able to make it in time. But, one more thing was out of place, her gasses was not where she left them.
“Oh! No! My glasses! I can’t see without them! My glasses…” She searched aimlessly on the floor
“What! No apology?” Ryan thought to himself pissed at the girl’s ill manner. He watched her search aimlessly for the pair of ugly glasses that was right in front of him, he picked it up and gave it a slight squeeze and bent it
“Here, looks like they’re bent” he gave her the glasses
“Oh no!” she quickly wore them
He packed Teacher Ann’s note and left hers to her and stood up to leave. He hadn’t walked for a few meters before he heard two words come out of her mouth as she also stood up on her feet.
“I’m sorry” she apologized with her head bent. He felt his conscience poke him but what could he do, the deed had been done. He shoved it and walked away.
“Why is this happening today of all other days? I should have asked him the directions” she picked up her books and dusted them. She looked up and spotted another student walking towards her and she rushed to her.
“Excuse me! Please where is the eleventh grade. I’m a new student here and I don’t know the way”
“Oh! I’m also an eleventh grade student. Come along. What’s your name?” she asked with a smiled and walked on with naive Mitchell following after.
“I’m Mitchell Jaydon”
“Oh I’m Annalise but…call me Ana. Your grades must have been really good or you must be very talented; the school doesn’t accept anyone into the eleventh grade.” She explained and walked into a door Mitchell had thought would lead into the eleventh grade class only to end up in the bathroom.
“The bathroom?” She couldn’t hide her disappointment
“I’m sorry, I’ll just adjust my hair and then, we’ll get going. This won’t take long” Ana stopped in front of the mirror to adjust her hair.
“No…no…no problem, take your time” Mitchell faked a smile and let out a sigh
“Don’t worry girl, we are not yet late. It’s just seven fifty” Ana smiled giving her a glance from the mirror
“Seven fifty? Mine says eight twenty five?” Mitchell checked her watch
“Eight Twenty five?” Ana checked her watch and exclaimed
“Oh no! It’s broken, we are really late! Let’s go”
The duo rushed out of the bathroom and headed for the class, each swinging their legs and dangling their bags behind them as they cut corners and climbed up the long flight of stairs. They rushed in and interrupted the register class which made the teacher immediately flare up.
“Get out!!!” she pointed her cane to them
“Hun…”The two girls needed a restatement.
“I said get out! Do you know what time is it? Why are you just coming to school? Did you sleep off again? Or no… Were you stuck in traffic? It’s not your first or second time. For goodness sake, you are about to write your final exam next year. I don’t see the slightest bit of seriousness in you. Get out! Stand outside until the class is over.” Teacher Philips shouted
“Yes ma’am” Mitchell and Ana replied and turned to leave with their heads bent
“Not you, come inside” Teacher Philips referred to Mitchell in a rather calm tone
“Me?” she turned around pointing to herself
“Yes you, come inside. You are new right?” she gave Mitchell a welcoming smile
“Yes ma’am” Mitchell walked in shyly.
“You are welcome. What’s your name and where did you come from?”
Ryan looked up only to sight little miss careless in front of the class.
“Hmm… My name is Mitchell Jaydon, I’m from Evan high school” she recited
“Oh Mitchell, you are very much welcomed. There’s an empty seat over there. Class, she must feel accepted, okay?” Teacher Philips insisted
“Yes!” The class echoed as Mitchell walked to her new seat.
“Against tomorrow, I want you to write a short speech slash essay which you’ll recite in front of the whole class. Title, My favourite moments. Okay, I’ll see you guys in English class. Good day” she gave Mitchell a wink and walked out of the class.
Mitchell looked around, she didn’t know anybody. She watched the whole class as they went on with their various businesses. Ana walked in angrily and sat down murmuring, Rex then walked to her and sat down in her front.
“Why did you come late? You know what teacher said is true. You have to take up some responsibility now, in a few years, you’ll be in the university, are you going to continue like this even then?” He queried
“It’s not I do it on purpose. I slept off today” she defended
“What about yesterday”
“My alarm got broken” she answered as she unwrapped a bubble gum and threw it into her mouth and started chewing lousily
“And the day before?”
“I didn’t sleep in my room”
“That’s just an excuse. Ana…you are just been lazy. Yes, lazy” He emphasised
“Hey, Mr Rex self-righteous…Are you saying you’ve never been late before? Why are you only picking up on me, I’m not the only tardy one here. There’s the new kid, she was late too….on her first day, isn’t she worse than I am? Go pick on her too and leave me alone!” she banged her hand on the table
She scoffed and made the most annoying noise with her chewing gum and immediately, all eyes were on her.
“Argghh!!! Why did Teacher Philips embarrass me in front of the whole class?
Damn that stupid alarm, I should have bought a crow instead, at least it doesn’t use batteries” she complained to her self
Rex gave her a creepy look “looks like you woke up on the wrong side of your bed today”
“I always do!” bellowed Ana a d placed her head on her table
“Okay…” said Rex excusing the angry Ana and walked up to the new kid, Mitchell
“Hi, I’m Rex. Mitchell right?”
“Yes, nice to meet you”
“Hmm…I’m the class president so, if you need anything or get bored or miss your way around here, tell me, I’ll help you out.”
“Thanks, I will” she brought out a sheet of paper from her bag
“Actually…hmm…I actually need your help now. This is the map of the whole school but I can’t figure out how to read it. It’s confusing”
“That’s because you’re reading it upside down” he giggled
She smiled at her own silliness and adjusted her glasses.
“What’s wrong?” he asked when he noticed the small bent on her glasses hand.
“Oh nothing. It got bent when I bumped into someone earlier”
Ella and Jessie came to join in their conversation
“Hi Mitchell, I’m Ella and this is Jessie. So, who are you? A genius, athlete or artist?”
“Sorry?” she asked clueless
“Go away Ella. Just ignore her” Rex shoved the lousy girl away but she forced her way back
“You don’t know who you are?” Jessie asked almost not believing her ears
“Then why are you here? Field trip? How exactly did you get into this school?” Ella queried
“Just…” She stammered
“Wow, this girl…” Jessie mocked
“Before you can call yourself a student of star Ellerine high school, you must at least a gift…an aspiration to be a star. You see this school is a school for raising up future stars…meaning, there’s no ordinary student. You have to have a talent…something you’re good at. Okay, if you’re not sure of your identity, the groups will help you out.” Ella explained
“The groups…”
“Science, sport and arts and culture. Under the arts and culture group, we have the music, the dance, drama and the visual art group” Jessie boastfully explained
“Uh…Then, I’ll choose the science group” Mitchell answered finally getting in tune with their language
“Closed two years ago. There were no members” said Ella
“Currently, the drama group has the highest members. You should try joining” Jessie suggested
“Drama? What about music? I prefer music” Opted out Mitchell and Jessie shook her head
“You can’t join” Jessie and Ella replied at the same time
“Why not?” Mitchell was curious
Jessie bent over and whispered
“You see that guy over there?” Pointing to Ryan, he was sitting with his legs crossed on the table with a pair of earphones in his ears.
“He’s the leader of music group. He won the best Artiste award twice in a row. His popularity went up the roof…since then, everyone wanted to be his friend so they all joined the music group but, he got frustrated and sent everyone away. I was also sent out…I even lost all my registration fee”
“You paid registration fee?” Rex asked
“That was then…When I tried getting in through Logan.”
“So…forget about the music group” Ella advised
“I’ll rather not join any group. I don’t know how to act…my dancing sucks. It’s not like it’s compulsory for me to want to be a star and join groups and stuff…” she claimed and with the absurd looks they wore on their faces, she exhaled
“Just great…I might as well jump into a hot chakalaka soup!” Mitchell placed her head on the locker leaving the three students staring at each other dumbfounded.
“Cha-ka- la-ka?” they all recited with a puzzled look; The new girl’s strange.

1 Like

Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 10:37am On Sep 17, 2016
12. A dancer's love
The final post

After Ryan’s glorious performance and the judges were left to decide the winner, every contestant held their hearts in their mouths. Finally, the judges reached an agreement and Mr Larry was about to announce the winner.
“This is the moment we’ve all been waiting for. The winner of the bronze medal of this year’s annual Star Ellerine talent show night is… The dance group!” He announced and the whole building was filled with cheers as the dance group rushed to the front to receive their medals. It was a dream come true for Mitchell and this brought tears to her eyes; her mother would be so proud.
“Now, for the gold and silver medal, well…there has been a tie and the judges are willing to allow these bands to perform again. Give it up for RyanCl band and Stephan!” The crowd screamed and clapped. The first person to perform was Ryan, his band was known for rock and roll and songs with fast beats but the crowd was surprise when he sang a really slow romantic song. The crowd raised their hands in the air and swayed them after the beat but Mitchell couldn’t help but feel the song was for her for he was looking towards her direction. After getting the opportunity to know the annoying and difficult to like Ryan better, she was beginning to see his good side and like him for it. Her feelings were divide, she wanted to close her eyes and enjoy the song but she was scared if she did, she would fall too deep and end up falling for the man behind the microphone. After his performance, she excused herself out to take a walk in the evening breeze and clear out her thoughts.
“It’s really cool out here.” She said to herself as she sat on the bench under the peach tree staring at the full moon’s light
“It really is” A voice said from behind and startled her, it was Ryan resting against the pole under the shadows.
“Oh! Ryan! When did you get here?” She asked and he walked out into the bright light where she could see him more clearly. He sat down beside her and they entered a long silence and stared at the stars in the sky, Ryan had so much to say and questions to ask her but he didn’t have the courage to speak out. He thought if he did, she might hate him the more. He summoned courage and spoke out but Mitchell was about to do the same thing and suddenly the two of them spoke at the same time.
“You sang really…” “Have you replied..?”
“Sorry, you go first.” Ryan offered
“I said that your song was nice, I thought you only sing rock and roll, why the suddenly change?” she looked away and faked a smile
“Hmm…I was always reckless and fast but nowadays, I feel myself changing, like I’m different… I just wrote out how I felt and turned it into music. I didn’t know you would like it? Are you my fan now?” He joked and chuckled
“Fan? I was just surprised that’s all…” she smiled and he exhaled and gave her a long stare.
“Your turn…what were you going to say?” she looked at him and he immediately looked away
“Nothing…” He lied but she could see through him but she didn’t say anything…
“Then, I’ll talk to you later” She smiled and stood up to leave. Ryan’s hands shook and he tried to say something but his heart froze as he watched her walk away; he had to do something and he feared if he didn’t then, he might not be able to do so anymore. He abruptly stood to his feet and finally spoke
“What if that song was for you?” He said out loud and Mitchell’s ears rang and she turned back in surprise.
“Yes…what if I composed the song for you?” He asked again with his voice shaken as he walked towards her; she was mute and couldn’t say a word, she had felt that song was for her but she didn’t want to make false assumptions but Ryan was right in front of her confessing writing the song for her.
“When I heard what Rex said to you on the dance floor, I felt angry and… I don’t know…just thinking about it makes me angry; it’s killing me and I wanted to pull you out of there…but I couldn’t I just couldn’t because you would hate it. You would hate the rumours…so, why don’t we just forget all about it.” He paused to take a deep breath and she looked up at him but he confronted his fears and looked away and went on talking.
“I hate it…I don’t want us to start avoiding each other because of the rumours…So since everybody already thinks we are dating…why don’t we just? Can’t we do that…? What if I already like you?” he stopped there and looked at her panting heavily, she just stared at him frozen and unable to say a word, he expected her to say something but she couldn’t think of a single word to say.
“Say something…” he said and she opened her mouth to say something but her voice wouldn’t yield. She felt her heart fluttering and her hands sweating but she couldn’t think of a word to say.
“Arggh!!! This is killing me!” Ryan exclaimed and looked away,
“Hey…can’t you say something? Tell me how you feel? Don’t you feel anything?” He asked repeatedly but her silence made him nervous. He had summoned the greatest courage he could just to tell her that and she just stood there frozen but he needed to hear how she felt. He drew her closer by the hand and pulled her closer into his arms and embraced her.
“Are you saying you don’t feel anything...even now?” Her eyes widened in shock, her emotions overflowed and colours flooded her face. She was melting and she could gather the slightest energy to let go of herself.
Now Mitchell had been out for a couple of minutes and her friends were starting to get worried so they all came out to look for her. At the sight of Ryan and Mitchell, they all gasped in surprise.
“What the heck?” “Dang! What’s going on?” “So there’s something between them after all…” the boys exclaimed and Rhea and Trina looked at each other and smiled.
“No…I think it’s just starting” Trina chuckled
“Well…let’s not interrupt the love story, let’s go back inside.” Rhea said as they were all about to walk back inside, they ran into Rex. He saw the look on their faces and sensed they were hiding something, he looked behind them and saw Mitchell in Ryan’s arms. He flared up and intended to run into the field to tear them apart but they stood in his way and held his hand. They had all known about his feelings for Mitchell but they knew it wasn’t mutual.
“Let go of me! I said let go of me!” He ordered but they all stood as a group and hindered him
“No…don’t go! If she really likes you, then she’ll come to you. Don’t fight love.” Trina said softly but he jolted himself free and walked back inside angrily. Just then, Sophie also walked outside and gasped as they also saw the scene and ran back in. The dance group exclaimed and looked at each other, they knew if she was to bring Isabella out there, there would be fire on the mountain.
“Isabella!” They all exclaimed and chased after her.
Mitchell felt the world pause all around them as Ryan held her in his arms, her heart skipped a beat repeatedly and she wanted to curl her arm around him but she didn’t want to get carried away by her emotions, she had to wake up to her senses: He was the school super star, the same person that could sweep thousands of girls off their feet with one puff. She didn’t want to feel like one of those girls but she was afraid if she didn’t let go now, she would become one of them. Ryan finally let go of her and looked at her expecting a response.
“I am sorry...” She mumbled and ran off as far away as she could. He was devastated but he had had the feeling she would reject him; she must have really hated him, he wondered as he sat down on the cold and wet field dejected. Mitchell hid behind a wall and felt her thumping heart as she stole a glance at him.
Back in the dance hall, it was Stephan’s turn to perform and the victory depended on this last performance. Isabella cheered him up and encouraged him as he prepared at the back of the stage before he was called up, she wanted him to win back his lost throne as the best.
“You can do it Stephan. This is the only chance you’ve got. You must not let me down. You must definitely win that award back.” She encouraged with a smile but Stephan put down his guitar and exhaled
“I am not going to perform.”
“What? What do you mean not going to? Are you out of your mind? This is your last chance! Wasn’t that the reason you came back?” Isabella was shocked and she couldn’t believe what he was saying, it was his final chance and he suddenly changed his mind.
“No, I didn’t change my mind.” He smiled but Isabella was confused
“Then, why are you saying stuff like that?” she asked
“It’s because I already got what I came back for. I have regained what was stolen from me. I don’t need to fight for it any longer.” he replied
“And what is that?”
“You…by my side.” He said and Isabell shuddered and they stared at each other silently,
Just then Sophie rushed in and broke the silence
“Ryan… Ryan and Mitchell… Out there, they are hugging!” Sophie let out the cat before the dance group could reach her. Isabella would really throw a tantrum and make a big deal out of it and now Mitchell was up for some real trouble.
“You’ve got to hurry. That girl is never going to learn her lesson unless you teach her a lesson. If you don’t do something now, Ryan is going to be gone forever and you’ll lose. You’ll lose to a loser like her. Hurry, let’s go.” Sophie pulled Isabella and took a step forward but Isabella stopped and looked back at Stephan.
“What are you waiting for? Let’s go.” Sophie pulled her away and left Stephan behind disappointed. Just when he though he had won her back, he lost again. On the way out through the crowd, Isabella jolted herself free from Sophie’s grip
“I’m not going any further.” She looked away and Sophie was confused
“What? Are you out of your mind? Mitchell is out there hugging…” she tried to explain to her much clearer perhaps she didn’t understand but Isabella cut her off
“Please! Stop it… Please! I am sick and all this is making me sick. I’m not doing this any longer.” She said and turned back and left. Sophie was surprised and she called her back but Isabella didn’t bulge.
Isabella ran back stage to where she had Stephan but he wasn’t there, she searched and asked around but no one knew where he went. Isabella was nervous, she ran outside and called out his name, she feared he had left once again and she couldn’t help but tear up. Suddenly, she saw him from afar in the middle of the open sitting alone on a bench. She smiled and ran too him, he looked up and was surprise to see her.
“I thought you had disappeared again.” She sat down next to him and.
“I’m not going anywhere anymore…” she held his hand and he smiled gently happy she finally made the choice to stay by his side.
The following day at school, It was a beautiful night to remember and something incredible that would never leave their memories happened; Stephan forfeited the gold medal o Ryan even though he had the chance to win and the dance group suddenly received recognition as they brought back home the bronze medal. The whole school yapped and shared stories of the talent show night…even till the following day. Isabella and Stephan came into the class hand in hand smiling and everyone was surprised. Ana stared at them until they went to their seats that she bumped into Mitchell who arrived just after them.
“Wow! I arrived before you today. You are late!” She exclaimed and made fun of her
“No, you are the one who came early.” Mitchell replied and Ana checked her watch and
Ana
“My watch says eight thirteen.” She read out and Mitchell showed her the time on her watch
“It’s seven thirty.” She smiled
“Did my watch break again?” Ana walked away confused and left for her seat. Just the
n Trina and Rhea walked up to Mitchell giggling
“Shouldn’t we know something?” Rhea asked and gave her a slight giggle and pointed to Ryan’s postal on the wall, his fans had put it there to celebrate his victory. Mitchell faked a smile and mumbled and walked to her seat.
“Nothing! Absolutely nothing, everything’s fine” She acted normal but they followed after her and sat in front of her.
“There’s no need to hide…we saw everything” Rhea smiled and Mitchell looked up, perhaps they meant another thing.
“Wow! Your face is all red. You know, if you truly like Ryan, you shouldn’t hide it.” Trina advised and Mitchell exhaled
“A lot of girls like him…wouldn’t I become of them?”
“Does he like those girls? He only likes you…and that makes you different. You should go to him now before his fans gets to him first.”
Mitchell lowered her neck and shook her head “I can’t…I’m scared.”
“Don’t worry, we have a plan.” Trina and Rhea looked at each other and smiled.
They pulled her to where Ryan was sitting alone in the music room and pushed her in. She walked to him slowly with a sweet and a note attached to it in her hand even though she didn’t know what was written inside, she was just following Trina and Rhea’s plan. Ryan was deep in thought that he didn’t notice her come in. She offered him the sweet and he looked up and saw her, he scoffed and looked away refusing her present but she took his hand and put the item in his hand and turned to leave walking away slowly. He opened the note and read what was written in it and smiled, he stood up and ran after her and gave her a big hug.
“Ryan…you’re squeezing me…” Mitchell said and Ryan smiled
“You didn’t write the note did you?” he chuckled and she grabbed the note from him to read but she gasped at its content
“I could give you a chance if you’re willing…but I’m not one of your fans, I’m just and ordinary dancer who loves you”
“I knew there was no way a brainless geek like you could write that!” He teased her and gave her another hug. Trina and Rhea smiled at each other feeling contented and suddenly, they saw Rex behind them also glaring through the door.
“Rex! What are you doing here?” They gasped and obstructed his view
“I’m not going to do anything. Move…” He said
“You’ve gotten over her?” asked Rhea
“I always knew she wasn’t for me. I just hoped to change her mind.” He exhaled and seeing the sad look the girls gave him, he rubbed his hands on his stomach and grunted
“Ah! When are we going to close? I want to go to Isabella’s birthday party. I’m so hungry early in the morning.” He said to himself out loud and then walked away. The girls folded their arms together and exhaled as they watched him walk away.
“Love is something very delicate…I’m happy for these two in here and I’m sad for Rex” Rhea said and Trina nodded and let out a big sigh and they both walked away too. It was funny how events turned out with the annual talent show; a dancer was born out of a geek and everyone suddenly became a star when they were given an opportunity to stand up and display their talents. Even though Ryan claimed the victory again, he couldn’t think of a better victory than having Mitchell in his arms.

THE END
Re: A New Writer by braineypraisey(f): 10:54am On Sep 17, 2016
Thanks to all who have endured and read my story to the end. I am grateful for your comments, likes and shares. I will not stop here, I will keep on writing more stories and get better at it. If you would like to get in touch with me, my whatsapp contact is 08106185203 and my facebook profile is Fakiyesi Praise. Watch out for more of braineypraisey smiley

1 Like

Re: A New Writer by OluwabuqqyYOLO(m): 12:58am On Sep 19, 2016
braineypraisey:
Thanks to all who have endured and read my story to the end. I am grateful for your comments, likes and shares. I will not stop here, I will keep on writing more stories and get better at it. If you would like to get in touch with me, my whatsapp contact is 08106185203 and my facebook profile is Fakiyesi Praise. Watch out for more of braineypraisey smiley
Your writing is beautiful just like you, Kiye. I wish you the best in your endeavour. You can become a lot better. I'm a fan.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows / Crying As Food / He Who Breaks Many (Action Thriller)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 485
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.