Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,338 members, 7,808,192 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:24 AM

Nigerian Fuji Artiste Adewale Ayuba Works Toward Winning A Grammy Award - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Nigerian Fuji Artiste Adewale Ayuba Works Toward Winning A Grammy Award (432 Views)

Nigerian Artistes Don't Deserve A Grammy - Hiptv CEO, Ayo Animashaun / Adewale Ayuba: Who’s The Sexy Girl In Adewale Ayuba’s New Video ‘jekarira’ / A Nigerian Kevin Olusola Won A Grammy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Fuji Artiste Adewale Ayuba Works Toward Winning A Grammy Award by IAMMUIC: 3:43pm On Jul 18, 2016
It would suprise y’all to know that the rat-race to win a Grammy Award by almost every Nigerian music artist is not exclusive to just Afro-pop artists. Even artists doing indigineous Nigerian music regard the prize.

Pardon my use of the word rat-race in that context, it’s just that i saw no better lingua to describe the effort put into winning a Grammy Award by most Nigerian music artists. I mean, how do they expect to get a nod (nomination) from the Grammy association with the sought of supercial music they create and force us to absorb.

Wait a minute, why do i even get the feeling that an indigenous music artiste like Ayuba is more deserving of a Grammy than most mainstream Nigerian music artists ? Maybe that’s because indigenous music has more meaning nowadays than popular music in Nigeria.

During a recent interview with Pulse legendary Fuji musician Adewale Ayuba spoke on the evolution of the Nigerian music industry and his foremost desire to win a Grammy Award for Fuji music.

This is what he had to say:

“Above all i will say am successful because when you have God you have somebody great behind you showing you the way. He’s the one that gave me the talent. But i pray to one day be holding a Grammy Award. I’ve held the African Grammy, which is the Kora Award but i want the international Grammy on Fuji music, that’s my prayer, when i get to that level i know, yeah Lord thank you because money is not everything, as they make noise on reggae, i want people to get to America and say Wow! Fuji, Oh that’s Nigerian music, that’s all we need.”

Source:
https://blarckbillboard./2016/07/18/nigerian-fuji-artiste-adewale-ayuba-i-hope-to-win-a-grammy-award-for-fuji-music/

(1) (Reply)

Music: Divalil – Tell Me (prod By Chibyskee) / Gurls On D.r.u.g.s / MUSIC: Don Ussy Ft. Shavicfishy – “blessing”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.