Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,755 members, 7,806,072 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:00 AM

See The African Passport AU Launched - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / See The African Passport AU Launched (57471 Views)

Who Knows The Owner Of This Passport? (Photo) / Nigeria To Extend International Passport Validity To 10 Years / #visafreeafrica AU To Abolish Visa Requirements For All African Citizens (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Nobody: 9:07pm On Jul 18, 2016
tuna4servi:
I know Muslims will be happy because of d Arabic stuff
And at the same time Christians will be angry because of the Arabic stuff

1 Like

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Nobody: 9:16pm On Jul 18, 2016
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by ikechi1000(m): 9:18pm On Jul 18, 2016
more reasons to make ignoramus Americans think Africa is a country
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
Fairgodwin:
Please I seriously need me one of those.
I really wish our African hero, Gaddafi, were still alive. I know what I'm saying people.
Uhn pls explain
I thought he was a dictator embarassed
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by UuzbaGuuzba: 9:22pm On Jul 18, 2016
breakeven:
African leaders. Confused set of human beings.

It's not their fault. Oyibos colonised most African countries either into English or French. As they left the countries via independence, they handed over rulership wahala to the indigenes.

ko easy.

1 Like

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by fabre4: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
AjayiWrites2:
It's no news that the AU have proposed to launch a diplomatic passport for its African citizens, this they said was to be modeled after EU's type. Well, today, the African Union successfully launched its diplomatic African passport, the passport was launched at the opening ceremony of the 27th Ordinary Session of the Assembly of the African Union.

Source:
http://www.ajayiwrites.com/2016/07/see-international-passport-au-launched.html

finally Eritrea here I come

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Perfectionist11: 9:23pm On Jul 18, 2016
tuna4servi:

That's so low..but I find it pathetic that you've got people that reason like ya judging by d 5 likes & 2shares(& still counting)..

People like you discourage me from hoping that there is hope 4 d human race.
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by noeloge82(m): 9:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
If u get to cotonu , ghana , cameroun , ivory coast , gambia and some other african countries and hear how dey say Nigerians are rich they would want to come hear u will be suprised at the attention this country has there
uzolexis:

lol...who is coming to Nigeria
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Perfectionist11: 9:34pm On Jul 18, 2016
centboy123456:

I am tried for the arabic stuff sef abi dey think say we all are muslims I no like that passport I better STAKE wit my nigeria one

The arabic stuff isn't a symbol of religion..its a language spoken in North Africa.....by countries like Egypt,Algeria & Tunisia & even Israelites speak arabic also ..and these countries do have christ followers..so chill
But you can still STAKE with d green one if you detest the arabic stuff.
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by greggng: 9:40pm On Jul 18, 2016
I hope it won't lead to nigeriaexit?
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by NobleG1(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2016
It's disturbing that some clueless Nigerians are praising this!

African terrorists (especially boko haram), corrupt politicians, companies and citizens from very poor African countries love this! Be ready to see many foreigners take your jobs for less. It will be worse than what Ghanaians did before Ghana must go period!

Even though Nigeria is the largest economy on paper, it's not the best economy in Africa, in fact, it's one of the worst. South Africa actually has the best economy! But migrants from very poor African countries will not take this into consideration, they will flood Nigeria and South Africa!

Nigeria and South Africa shouldn't have agreed to this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Emeskhalifa(m): 10:05pm On Jul 18, 2016
html14java:
Na South Africa and Egypt (crossing over) go hear am.
angry angry
grin
As in eh..... The crossing for S.A and Egypt go pass wen Syrians dey cross enter Germany
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by timpaker(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2016
Will get mine next week tongue
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 18, 2016
nickxtra:
I can see 5 different languages on it, even Zulu. On behalf of the major tribes in Nigeria, particularly Yoruba, Hausa/Fulani and Igbo, i reject the passport in its entirety. How can Zulu language be on it without these larger and wider languages of Nigerian descent?

Domkop, that's Kiswahili!
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by emi14: 10:35pm On Jul 18, 2016
[quote author=mrkayusfit post=47668382]Does this mean all Africans can move freely within africa without needing a visa? [/quote

That is diplomatic passports for African Union diplomats or official. It is not normal passports ok.

]
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Tmoyo(m): 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
tuna4servi:
hmm, here he comes, the only nairalander who has d brain termed as the inhabitant of dullards....welcome his royal madness
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by emi14: 10:37pm On Jul 18, 2016
mrkayusfit:
Does this mean all Africans can move freely within africa without needing a visa?

That is diplomatic passports for African Union diplomats or officials. It is not normal passports
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Romm(m): 10:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
more details..... pls..
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by vivaciousvivi(f): 11:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
rawpadgin:
I need more details about this, like:

how can i get it?
how much will it cost me?
will i still be needing a visa after having this?

men don tire for this con3
D I p l o m a t I c passport.
Not for everyone.
Strictly diplomats and their fam / attache.
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by rawpadgin(m): 11:19pm On Jul 18, 2016
vivaciousvivi:
D I p l o m a t I c passport. Not for everyone. Strictly diplomats and their fam / attache.
too bad
still not for the common man:/
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by rabex123(m): 11:50pm On Jul 18, 2016
tuna4servi:
who is dis one again..u no see english and french for there even Portuguese.let me drop some knowledge for u..arabic is d most spoken language in africa.klown.
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Appareil(m): 12:12am On Jul 19, 2016
Antichrist system loading!!!!
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by OohLalah(f): 12:15am On Jul 19, 2016
CFCman:

Yes. The AU passport would be available to all Africans by 2018.

Hell will freeze over before South Africans of all races accept a non-diplomatic passport for all African countries. Southern Africa would be most welcome, AU would see Zuma and the ANC booted out on the next polls.

Who did they consult? They have no mandate from the country and in SA big ddecisions of this kind go through public engagements first.

This is nothing but a dream, as it would further affect our travel status to the world. Britain already took away our visa free status, who will kick US out next? We are never going to agree!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Nobody: 12:44am On Jul 19, 2016
OohLalah:

Hell will freeze over before South Africans of all races accept a non-diplomatic passport for all African countries. Southern Africa would be most welcome, AU would see Zuma and the ANC booted out on the next polls.

Who did they consult? They have no mandate from the country and in SA big ddecisions of this kind go through public engagements first.

This is nothing but a dream, as it would further affect our travel status to the world. Britain already took away our visa free status, who will kick US out next? We are never going to agree!

That's why I also think the single passport idea won't fly. It will be better for AU-member countries ratify visa-free travel within Africa for either a 30-60 day period, or a 14-21 day period. Africa needs a higher volume of intra-African trade, so another component of the proposed visa-free treaty would be the full implementation of the Yamossoukro agreement, which called for unrestricted intra African flights among African airlines.

1 Like

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by OohLalah(f): 1:03am On Jul 19, 2016
CFCman:

That's why I also think the single passport idea won't fly. It will be better for AU-member countries ratify visa-free travel within Africa for either a 30-60 day period, or a 14-21 day period. Africa needs a higher volume of intra-African trade, so another component of the proposed visa-free treaty would be the full implementation of the Yamossoukro agreement, which called for unrestricted intra African flights among African airlines.

I partly agree but that will not work in Africa it only causes problems. As we speak now there are many come to SA with visitors visa when they get here they disappear into the thin air only to resurface after five years married to a South African and claiming human rights. Our system spends billions and billions in deportation and cannot afford going after each individual who overstays his/her visa stipulations.

The other problem is the lack of properforensic data basis on most African countries including Nigeria. If that was not an issue your second proposal would work as all AU countries would share databases and be able to track problematic beings. Until then that is just asking for trouble as criminals would jump borders at will.

Both are a No, Not at this moment. Southern Africa could do a SADEC passport first after all requirements of proper database confirmation,as a trial see how it goes. Otherwise tax payers money would be spent on immigration issues when we still have a lot to do in all African countries.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Nobody: 1:09am On Jul 19, 2016
OohLalah:

I partly agree but that will not work in Africa it only causes problems. As we speak now there are many come to SA with visitors visa when they get here they disappear into the thin air only to resurface after five years married to a South African and claiming human rights. Our system spends billions and billions in deportation and cannot afford going after each individual who overstays his/her visa stipulations.

The other problem is the lack of properforensic data basis on most African countries including Nigeria. If that was not an issue your second proposal would work as all AU countries would share databases and be able to track problematic beings. Until then that is just asking for trouble as criminals would jump borders at will.

Both are a No, Not at this moment. Southern Africa could do a SADEC passport first after all requirements of proper database confirmation,as a trial see how it goes. Otherwise tax payers money would be spent on immigration issues when we still have a lot to do in all African countries.

True. I would ask the African governments to put in place secure databases of everyone living within their borders before implementing visa-free travel for a 15-day period, and open skies.

Open skies, when fully implemented, would crash the cost of air travel within Africa. For instance, i read a report which stated that air fares between Zambia and SA have reduced by 40% since both countries signed a Bilateral Air Service Agreement.

1 Like

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by OohLalah(f): 1:19am On Jul 19, 2016
Dp
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by OohLalah(f): 1:21am On Jul 19, 2016
CFCman:

True. I would ask the African governments to put in place secure databases of everyone living within their borders before implementing visa-free travel for a 15-day period, and open skies.

Open skies, when fully implemented, would crash the cost of air travel within Africa. For instance, i read a report which stated that air fares between Zambia and SA have reduced by 40% since both countries signed a Bilateral Air Service Agreement.

Exactly! Africans like jumping the gun. Each country should get its house in order first before thinking of transferring their problems to other countries.

To be honest, a lot rides on such a decision in this day and age of human trafficking, drugs and terrorism. South Africa already has a bad record of carelessness when it comes to our passport and id's that are freely available to unsavory characters like the white widow etc. Immigration also has a huge impact on corruption and crime and all those take huge chunks of government funds to police, bring to justice and confinement.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by Nobody: 1:56am On Jul 19, 2016
janellemonae:

Which everywhere? "Diplomatic passport" was written in 4 other African (lingua Franca) languages. You do know the whole of North Africa are Arabs right?

This knee jerk reaction shows ur problem is now a psychological issue.
Psychological you saidhope you understand what you post before posting them on a faceless forum like this!Good day.
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by ArcIbrahim38(m): 2:24am On Jul 19, 2016
tuna4servi:

And Christians because of Hebrew oh no Greek oh no English
Re: See The African Passport AU Launched by ArcIbrahim38(m): 2:28am On Jul 19, 2016
rakabuba001:
يهديكالله....

quote author=tuna4servi post=47672144]I know Muslims will be happy because of d Arabic stuff

Translate it to him

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

17 Travellers Burn To Death In Fatal Crash On Lagos-Ibadan Expressway (Graphic) / Why You Should Not Come To Canada - Lady Tells African Men (pic/video) / 21 Nigerian Prostitutes In Spain Rescued By Police (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.