Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Alone.. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alone.. (222754 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alone.. by mzlizabelle(f): 12:17pm On Aug 04, 2016
Thanks for the update God bless you.
Re: Alone.. by ADUKKY(f): 3:36pm On Aug 04, 2016
Hello bae, thanks for this wonderful update and don't be discouraged by the scanty comments. Salivating for the next update already o.
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 4:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
But wat... abeg no keep us for suspense
Re: Alone.. by tineey464(f): 5:04pm On Aug 04, 2016
1dahful update.....more ink 2 r pen
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 6:46pm On Aug 04, 2016
But they were both n'aked. There was no sign of mummy or Nenye. Instead,I had seen two heavily built men,n'aked in my room,holding unto there huge member which was filled with veins.
They were smiling at me.

Guy1: So we heard you're menstruating, go back there and take your bath,then come here for a good time.

They both laughed out loud and I felt like the world was going to collapse on my head.

Guy2: You know,she looks like a fresher. I'll go first.

Guy1: You na boss nau so I go just give you time to kpansh am before I go follow do.

Guy1: Correct.

The first guy started walking to me and I immediately ran into the bathroom but he was faster than myself. He got to the door before I could bolt it and pushed the door open before registering a trademark slap on my face.

Guy1: No just try am. Cooperate with us and we go ball out before you know it.

Me: Please sir. Have pity on me. I'm not just an orphan but......

He registered another slap on my face and this time,it mixed with the pepper stings I was already getting,causing me to scream painfully.
He started attacking my clothes,tearing them into shreds,including my pants,allowing my fake pad drop to the floor. He ignored it and pushed me into bathtub,following after me. He turned the shower and let the water run down our body before picking up my sponge and soaping it up. At this time,tears refused to fall anymore. I just stood there,accepting my fate and watching him bath me roughly. He got to my legs and looked up at me and I gently opened my legs for him. He concentrated on my womanhood,taking his time to wash it properly while he smiled up at me. I had never being naked in front of anyone else apart from Kamsi,but surprisingly,I didn't bother to cover up my bosoms at least. I just allowed him wash me up.

After he was done,he hugged me and the water washed both of us clean. He got down and pushed me out and we stepped into the room.

Guy1: Lie down girl.

I looked at him one last time with pleading eyes but he pushed me down to the bed. The other girl came down on the bed too and started sucking on my melons while the first guy positioned himself before my entrance. He shoved into me with no care and I cried out in pain. It was this time that my tears started falling. I cried as they molested me,taking there turns to have fun with my body. I know I passed out at one point but they didn't stop because I got back to consciousness but they were still there,having their fun and depositing their seeds inside me.

We've being there for goodness knows how long before the second guy stood up and looked at the clock. I followed his gaze.

Guy2: Boss na 2am o.

Guy1: Na the last round be this nau. Wait make I finish abeg.

He thrusted some more before grunting and collapsing on top of me. He looked at my face and smiled before getting up. He dressed up as quickly as possible before they left my room.

I laid there,praying that I die than live to being treated this way. How could mummy be so wicked. What did my late mother do to her that made her hate me this much. If I had known where my parents had being buried,I would have gone to there graves and curse them for leaving me in this wicked world.

I laid there till the wall clock told me it was 3:30am. I stood up from the bed, with so much pain. I tried to walk but I wouldn't except I separated my legs very wide apart. I looked at the bed and I saw the stains,which were a mixture of my virginity and my period. I wasn't staying in this house,no, I won't stay in this house. I dressed up slowly,the pains reminding me of the torture I had being in some hours ago. I dressed up,padding myself and putting on the first cloth my hand laid upon. it was a big polo,one of Emeka's polos which I always wore. I rummaged for a trouser but I found a short instead. I wore it,picked up my diary with the money I had hidden at the back of the clock. I searched for my phone and didn't find it then I knew without being told that mummy had taken it.

I walked with open legs outside my room. I was going to leave through the back gate. It was always locked from inside without a padlock. Emeka always sneaked out from there to buy suya which we always ate at night. I had never used that gate before,because I never knew I would be leaving this house without anybody's notice. I had always thought that things would get better between us but I was wrong. I opened the gate as quietly as I could before stepping out into the tender bush. I found my way into the streets,walking past familiar routes and saying goodbyes to them like they were my friends...........of course they were. I was leaving home for an unknown place,with just #5000 and my diary. I silently prayed to God to direct my destiny.

I had walked out of the housing gate,thanking God that the security men were fast asleep. I hit the express,walking head up,with open legs through the streets of the abakpa. I had walked a long distance,only paying attention to my silent prayers and thoughts when I heard a screech of tyres.......and then,I hit the tarred road with a thud.....

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alone.. by tijehi(f): 7:37pm On Aug 04, 2016
What kind of suffer is dis?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alone.. by Shakyroh320(f): 8:39pm On Aug 04, 2016
Na only she waka cum?

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by teeghurl(f): 11:00pm On Aug 04, 2016
Nice one sis
Re: Alone.. by joanee20(f): 1:10am On Aug 05, 2016
Nice story line....am really enjoying your write up
Re: Alone.. by tijehi(f): 3:44am On Aug 05, 2016
The competition on nairaland is getting tough. Some very good writers are coming up.
PamelB, with the way you are going with ur fantastic storyline, I will not be surprised if u become the best writer in the literature section of this platform.
Just make sure you update regularly.

...and thanks for sharing ur awesome story with us..

7 Likes

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 7:16am On Aug 05, 2016
Good morning all. I thought I would drop one before going to work.

I woke up with a heavy banging on my head and pains in my lower abdomen. I tried to raise my head but I couldn't. Last thing I remembered was that I was walking on the street of abakpa very early in the morning. I opened my eyes slowly and realised I was on a hospital bed. A nurse was seated beside my bed and there were different machines in the room. The nurse saw that I was awake and ran out of the room. She came back with a doctor some minutes later and he was all smiles.

Doc: Good evening miss. How're you?

I held my head and shook it.

Doc: Where do you still feel pains?

Me: My stomach is burning and my head. Doctor,how.....

Doc: Nurse,please call the gentleman that brought her here.

Nurse: Right away doctor.

She left the room and the doctor sat down where she had earlier occupied.

Doctor: Tell me dear,how old are you?

Me: I'm 19

Doctor: What's your name?

Me: Chimamanda

Doctor: Hope you don't mind if I call you Ander?

I smiled and nodded.

Me: Doctor please tell me,how long have I being here?

Doctor: Exactly three weeks and two days.

Me: What?
it was more of an exclamation than a question.

Doctor: Yes my dear. You were brought in here by a man. He said he had hit you without knowing it. But some tests were carried out and we found out that there was more to it than just an accident. If you don't mind,please,tell me where you were going that morning.

Tears wedged at the corners of my eyes and I recalled the events of that Sunday. The events I was sure had changed my life for good.

Doctor: Ander?

Me: I had no destination.

Doctor: Where do you leave?

Me: Abakpa.

Doctor: With your family?

Me: No. They're not my family. They are mean people. They are wicked. They're not my family.

He came and sat on the bed and held my hands.

Doctor: Calm down dear. Calm down.

Me: I should calm down? I should calm down? Do you know what they did to me? Do you know? I should calm down? You better not ask me to calm down anymore.

He kept on pleading with me to relax,but the more he did,the more my anger rose. He stood up and left the room while I cried my heart out,cursing mummy joy and Nenye for all they've done to me.

I had stopped my tears from flowing when a knock came and then the door opened. A fine young man came into the room. He was smiling.

Ted: Good evening dear.

I shot him a glance and looked away. I was sure he was one of them,those selfish species of men who only found joy in molesting innocent girls.

Ted: My name is Ted. How're you?

Me: It's not your business how I'm doing or not. Get out of here.

He was taken aback with my response but in a flash,his smile returned and he sat down.

Ted: Maybe you now know I'm the guy that hit you. I'm sorry about that okay. I understand that you're angry with me but don't take it out like this. You're still recovering and ......

Me: So because I'm recovering I shouldn't speak to you? Why do you care anyways? Thanks for hitting me

He smiled.

Ted: But even if I hadn't hit you,you still needed the hospital anyways. I was scared and worried that you won't open your eyes and forgive me for adding to your pains.

Me: What pains?

He coughed and looked at his hands and I found my diary. He was clutching if like he was the owner. I know I don't write my daily life events in my diary but it contained all my life; Gospel's number.

Me: Give me that please.

He quietly handed it to me without arguing and I was grateful.

Ted: So tell me what you would love to eat. Anything and I'd get it for you.

I looked at his face and sighed.

Me: Mr Ted,you were saying something about pains. What pain?

Ted: You're such a stubborn woman. Actually,the doctor had told me all that had being found out while you were unconscious. But let that not bother you. Once you eat,we'll call anybody that you know so the person can know your whereabouts.

Me; It'll pass for now because I'm hungry. Get me rice please.

Ted: Rice then.

He stood up and left the room while I kept myself busy with counting the blinds in the room. It was more of a private ward. That Ted guy looks cool but he'll surely pay for hitting me. I'll give him one hell of a time if he doesn't apologise properly.

I may have drifted off to sleep because I felt a tap on my hand and I opened my eyes. It was Ted. He helped me sit down and I looked at the big polythene on the floor.

Ted: I bought provisions as well.

He began to bring them out and I concluded that it was already more than the apology I needed. He finally designed my side cupboard with the provisions and handed me a plate of jollof rice from KFC.

Ted: Once again,I'm sorry for hitting you.

Me; Its alright. This is enough apology already.

I began attacking my food while he sat down there looking at me like I was an alien who just came to earth. I finished my rice and started murdering the chicken. His gaze was fixed on me and I had to look at him in an unfriendly way before he took his eyes off. I managed to finish my food with him pressing away on his iPhone 6.

Me: Thank you.

Ted: You're welcome. I'll get water from the bathroom so you'll wash your hands.

He stood up and did as he said and while I washed my hands,I wondered if he was real or just like those two guys who'd attacked me. That thought made me shiver in fright and he looked at me

Ted: Let it go my dear. Just relax okay.

I nodded,not sure of what he wanted me to let go.

He returned to the bathroom and came out after a while. He handed me the phone.

Ted: Call your people while I clear this up.

I took the phone and thanked him before opening my diary to search for Gospel's number. I dialled his number and he picked at the third ring.

Ted left the room that moment with the take away plate I just used in eating.

Gospel: Hello!

I kept quiet.

Gospel: Please,I'm sure you know its your airtime that is burning up and I'm not gentleman enough to cut the call from this end.

I chuckled. He would apologise gravely for that whenever I see him

Me: Gospel?

Gospel: Of course its Gospel. And you are?

Me: Calm down.

Gospel: I'm not high either.

Me: I wonder where you got your arrogance from.

Gospel: Oops! I'm now arrogant right? What about you who called me and refused to speak up?

I laughed,trying my best to deal with my headache.

Gospel; Listen,I've got pressing issues that needs my attention and if you're trying to pick a joke from ......

Me: Its me,Amanda.

There was silence from his end and I knew I had caught him unawares.

Gospel: You say?

Me: Chimamanda.

Gospel: Jesus Christ!

And I hung up.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2016
Want to thank you all for your support,comments,likes....tijehi,joanee20,,teeghurl,shakyroh320,tineey464,saxwizard,adukky,mzlizabelle,feyikemi12,mrjah,missmossy,jomagibs,every other person whose name I couldn't mention,my likers and most especially,my ghost readers who had made my views increase daily. I really want to thank you all. I promise to try my best in satisfying your urge for my work. Thank you all. God to go now before my boss fires me...

.lol

10 Likes

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 7:33am On Aug 05, 2016
tijehi:
The competition on nairaland is getting tough. Some very good writers are coming up.
PamelB, with the way you are going with ur fantastic storyline, I will not be surprised if u become the best writer in the literature section of this platform.
Just make sure you update regularly.

...and thanks for sharing ur awesome story with us..
tanx my dear
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 10:46am On Aug 05, 2016
You are good at what you do..
nicely *paragraphed*
High descriptively
You held me spell bound

Is this story on front page?

Abeg some shud help me call the Mods
Lets celebrate a talent

More update please

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by Missmossy(f): 2:15pm On Aug 05, 2016
Do continue the good work PamelB. More wisdom to you dear.Kudos..

2 Likes

Re: Alone.. by Vidamia(m): 4:01pm On Aug 05, 2016
how i wish you will just copy and paste the whole story at once.......pls don't keep me on suspense for long
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 5:59pm On Aug 05, 2016
saxwizard:
You are good at what you do.. nicely *paragraphed* High descriptively You held me spell bound
Is this story on front page?
Abeg some shud help me call the Mods Lets celebrate a talent

More update please
tanx my dear
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 6:00pm On Aug 05, 2016
Missmossy:
Do continue the good work PamelB. More wisdom to you dear.Kudos..
tanx
Re: Alone.. by flippertimer: 6:51pm On Aug 05, 2016
Lets not forget to vote photoshoot as Mr nairaland 2016 tomorrow.. thank you! photoshoot all the way

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 6:52pm On Aug 05, 2016
The phone rang immediately and I picked it with a smile.

Gospel: Amanda if this is you,please speak up. Tell me where you are this minute. This silly game of yours has got to stop now. How can you leave home for weeks without informing anybody? Is that how you are? I thought.......

He spoke more and more,trying his best not to call me names. My smiles had turned to a sour frown as I began to think of all the bad things mummy must have said to them. It was enough that they sent people to rape me,and now,I'm being called names?

Me: I'm at the hospital. Comforter of the afflicted. That's where I am.

I hung up,not letting him reply. If he wished to come,fine. If he believed my mummy over me,its fine as well.

I clutched the phone close to my heart,not knowing that I was crying till Ted walked into the room. He tapped my shoulders and I looked up

Ted: Don't you think you should stop crying and thank God for your life? Do you think its everyone who gets lucky in situations like this? You should be grateful for life. You should be grateful. Wipe those annoying things let's pray. The Almighty has being waiting for you to thank Him.

I dropped the phone on the bed and wiped my tears. How did I forget to thank God? This was unlike me. He held my hands and prayed fervently. I prayed along,telling God how grateful I am for being alive at least. I don't know how much damage had being done to me,but I prayed that it won't be much.

Ted: Amen.

Me: Amen.

He sat down and looked at me.

Ted: So who did you call?

The tears formed at the back of my throat and I swallowed hard. I cleared my throat and made a promise to myself that I won't cry anymore.

Me: A family friend.

Ted: How close are you two?

Me: Very close.

Ted: What about your parents?

I stared at him. Why was he asking me a lot of questions? What difference will it make anyways?

Me: I'm an orphan.

He paused for a moment and murmured some words.

Ted: Its a pity. What about a guardian?

Me: I think its best we shut them out of this question and answer. To me,they don't exist.

Ted: That's bad. Very bad. Why would you say that?

Me: If you know my story,you'll hate them more than I do.

Ted's phone started ringing and I handed him the phone. He spoke for some seconds before handing it to me.

Kamsi; Amanda!

Me: Kammy

Kamsi: Jesus Christ,where are you?

I found her question funny. Was it me or Jesus she was asking about our location?

Kamsi: Please speak to me

Me: Comforter of the afflicted.

Kamsi: Doing what?

Me: What does one do in a hospital? How can you even be asking me that? Anyways,whenever you want to see me,I'm here. If I'm discharged and no one is here to take me home,I'll just hand myself over to an orphanage.

I hung up and Ted frowned at me.

Ted: What's wrong with you? You shouldn't talk that way.

Me: I know. I know. I was always quiet yet they did this to me. I'm going to speak up now. I'm going to spare no word while talking to any of them

Ted: No child of God does that. He's always faithful to they,who put there trust in Him. He's preparing you for something great my dear. He didn't ask you to be weak neither did he ask you to be harsh. Take whatever life offers you in good faith. If you don't mind,tell me your story.

I spared no word in telling him everything. I told him what I had always gone through,then Father's death,Emeka's death as well,the rules,the Kalus' visit,the kiss,the floggings and then the rape. I barred my mind to him.

Ted: Jesus Lord!

The door swung open and there stood Kamsi,Kenneth and Mrs Kalu. Kamsi came into the room in quick steps and hugged me while Kenneth and there mum stepped in and I greeted them. A look around the room told them I was in the intensive care unit. Ted stood up and greeted Mrs Kalu before he excused himself and left the room. The older lady sat down while Kamsi sat on the bed with me. Kenneth stood beside his mum. I saw concern in there eyes and I was glad that I had them.

Mrs K: How are you my child?

I shrugged my shoulders and smiled.

Me: I'm fine.

Mrs k: We heard you ran away from home. Where did you go?

I kept quiet.

Ken: Amanda please talk to us. Don't hide anything from us. We've being worried about you. Nobody will shout at you. Just tell us okay.

Kamsi: Yes Amy,tell us.

I was surprised that the tears hasn't started falling yet. I looked at each of them on there faces,something I never did before except with Kamsi. I think this experience really killed the timidity in me.

Without mincing words,I told them all that happened that Sunday after they left. The room was silent for a while before Kenneth spoke up.

Ken: I knew that something was wrong. I knew those two devils were up to something. Mum,what's stopping you from calling the police? I wonder why Gospel isn't in town.

Did he just call his girlfriend a devil? And talking about Gospel,God knows where he had gone to.

Mrs k: Amanda my child,who was that man that was with you here?

Me: He's the guy that hit me.

Mrs k: okay dear. You said you got conscious today?

Me: Yes ma.

Mrs k: Its alright. Gospel will be in town by tomorrow. He travelled to pH for a meeting. I don't want you to call any other person. We'll take care of you till you get better and I promise you,you ain't going back to that house.

Before nko? I thanked her with all my heart. We were talking about something I don't remember when the door opened and the doctor walked in.

Doc: Oh! Good evening ma

Mrs k: Good evening doctor. How do you do?

Doctor: How do you do too. I'm elated her family members are here already. Are you her aunt?

Mrs Kalu looked at me and smiled before turning to the doctor.

Mrs k: She's my daughter.

Doctor: Eh? Amanda.....

Mrs k: But she has not being staying with me. But from this moment,I'm not letting her out of my sight anymore.

Kamsi and Kenneth smiled and the doctor nodded.

Doctor: Okay ma. Please,follow me to the office. I'll love to discuss one or two things with you.

Mrs k: No problem doc. After you then.

I watched them leave and so many thoughts came to my head. I have always seen Nigerian movies and talks like this always confirmed that the girl is pregnant. "God please help me,I don't want to be pregnant" .

I closed my eyes and prayed silently while Kamsi held on to me.

How was your day guys?

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alone.. by callmeomotee33(f): 7:12pm On Aug 05, 2016
It was awesome and urs.....thanks for the update....
Re: Alone.. by Missmossy(f): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
Aww Amanda has really seen hell on earth. Only her all these terrible occurrences.

You making it real PamelB, kudos dear.
Re: Alone.. by Vidamia(m): 7:44pm On Aug 05, 2016
what a nice update.....You try wella
Re: Alone.. by Shakyroh320(f): 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2016
Present ma,tankx 4 d update,i just hope her case wont be from grass to ground.
Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2016
Why wont she break with all the troubles she's encountering. .

Let me guess she will b pregnant gospel wil reject her she will marry ted.....

Nice one jare madam I dey feel u die
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 9:11am On Aug 06, 2016
Good morning guys...and tanx for the comments,likes and encouragement. To my faithful readers,I'll start dedicating each chapter to you all.

This one is dedicated to saxwizard,who's always being there from page 0.

Kenneth: Can I say that this room is tensed? I don't like how you both are silent.

Kamsi: You'll never be comfortable in a quiet place. We're both worried about what they're both discussing in the doctor's office and you're here talking trash.

Ken: Did I call your name sis? Anyways,Amanda,have you eaten anything?

I nodded,still placing my hands in my chest.

Ken: Eh?

Kamsi: This is no time for that your question and answer Ken. You......

The door opened and Mrs Kalu walked in with the doctor.
I stared into there faces but it was just plain,no emotions.
Mrs Kalu sat down and the doctor asked me to lie down and I did.

Doc: Like I told you,we were able to collect some sperm samples as evidence which we'll keep safe in case she needs to file a report.

Mrs k: I heard when you said that. But is there no way the culprits can be found with those samples?

Doc: I'm sorry madam. Our hospitals are yet to get the equipments for that. I even doubt if its here in Nigeria.

Ken: What nonsense? Stuffs like these are easy to trace in the states. I.....

Mrs k: Kenneth you're not in the states. I'll advice you keep quiet for now.

Ken: Sorry doc.

Doc: Its okay young man.

Mrs k: So doctor,you said you've ran all the necessary tests right?

Doc: Yes madam.

Mrs k: And she's not pregnant or infected?

Doc: Not at all madam. We just found some traces of staphylococcus in her but we started treatment even in her unconscious state.

I heaved an audible sigh of relief and everyone in the room looked at me.

Doc: Its okay Ander. You're fine.

I nodded with a smile and Kamsi started rubbing my arm.

Doc: She'll be free to go home by next week.

Mrs k: Thank you doctor.

Doc: You're welcome.

He left the room and Mrs Kalu smiled at me.

Mrs k: You're fine my child.

Me: I'm also very lucky ma.

Mrs k: That's why you shouldn't bother about anything else because God is always by your side.

She looked at her wristwatch.

Mrs k: Its late now. Ken and I will be on our way. I'll be travelling to China tomorrow to get some supplies done but Ken and Kammy will be here for you. Once he drops me off at the airport,he'll get you and Kammy breakfast and some change of clothes. Gospel will also be home tomorrow.

Me: Thank you ma. God bless you a lot.

Mrs k: He will. And before I come back,make sure you're used to calling me mummy and not that ma.

I smiled and thanked her again.

Mrs k: And if I don't come back and you're discharged,don't hesitate to follow them home,is that clear?

I looked on in confusion. Who are the them?(forgive that blunder)... Hope its not Nenye and her mother? She read my confusion and redirected it.

Mrs k: I'm talking about my children.

Me: Oh! Thank you ma.

She stood up and approached me,gave me a peck and left the room. Kenneth did the same,promising to come early tomorrow.

Kamsi: Those people. Very wicked species of human beings. You won't believe what they told us.

Without being told,I knew she was referring to the two villains at home.

Me: Tell me please.

Kamsi: Gospel had gone to school to look for you that Monday but you were not there so he went to your house. He asked after you and your mother told him that you went out on an errand. He called your line but it was switched off so he left. He kept going from your school to your house every day till that Saturday when I followed him to your house. I insisted I'll go to your room and wait for you till you return. I went to the BQ but your room was locked. That was when they told us that you had invited a guy to your room and when she found out,she was beating you and you ran away.

Me: Chineke! Why will mummy say something like that nau?

Kamsi: That's not all. Nenye started telling us how you flirt with every guy in the neighbourhood,how loose you were. I didn't believe that but Gospel was already mad. We got home and he vomitted everything to mummy.

Me: Now I understand why he spoke to me like that when I called him.

Kamsi: But you don't have to worry. I believe mummy will tell him everything tonight and if he doesn't apologise to you,I'll disown him.

I was forced to laugh.

Me: Kammy you need to help me cause I doubt if I can walk properly. I just remembered how I could barely walk that night.

Kamsi: Its alright. Let me help you up.

She helped me stand up on my feet and pleaded with me to close up my legs. I did and it hurt. She kept on pushing me to try. After some minutes,I started walking round the room,but I was limping.

Kamsi: At least,your legs ain't open.

She guided me to and fro. I stood at the window and looked out into the dark night. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door.

Kamsi: Come in.

Ted walked into the room. He was no longer with the same clothes I had seen him with so I guessed he had gone home. Like he did that evening,he was with a bag.

Kamsi: Hi.

Ted: Hi.

He dropped the bag and walked up to us.

Me: Ted,meet my best friend,Kamsi....Kamsi,that's the guy who had hit me and brought me here,Ted.

Ted laughed at my dry joke.
Kamsi extended her hand and he shook it.

Kamsi: Nice meeting you Ted.

Ted: Pleasure is all mine.
He turned to me immediately.

Ted: Your friend is gorgeous.

We laughed and Kamsi thanked him.

Ted: Amanda,I'm glad you've got someone to keep you company tonight. I went home to change my clothes and bring you dinner.

Me: That's very kind of you Ted.

Ted: I also had plans to spend the night here but since your gorgeous friend is staying behind,I'll have to leave now. I'll see you tomorrow.

Me: Now that's funny. Did you think I'll let you suffer yourself by spending the night here?

Ted: I....

Kamsi: Its settled now. I'm here so thank you very much

Ted: That's what I expected to hear Miss gorgeous. I beg to leave you two now.

Me: Thanks. But,the food,don't you think it won't be enough for my friend and I?

Ted: Oh! Like I said before,I thought I would spend the night here so I had packed dinner for two.

Me: Okay. Thanks alot.

Kamsi: Thank you.

Ted: You're welcome. Let me leave now.

Kamsi: I'll walk you to your car.

Ted: That will be nice.

They both left the room while I dragged my feet to where he dropped the bag. I had faith that if I continue practising,I'll be able to walk perfectly in some days.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alone.. by saxwizard(m): 9:24am On Aug 06, 2016
Thanks for the dedication

I guessed wrong I reasoned the typical Nigerian movie way....

Keep it coming ma'am

3 Likes

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 10:36am On Aug 06, 2016
This one is dedicated to missmossy,the pretty lady who i am positive,got my back on this thread.

Kamsi and I ate away on the plates of breadfruit(ukwa) Ted had brought. It was so delicious with the right spices,it was in a lunch box so we guessed he made it himself. Kamsi wouldn't stop talking about how handsome Ted was and then how fluent his speech are. I knew without being told that she's got it hot for him. Sh even told me they'd exchanged numbers at the car park.

After eating and putting away the lunch box,she opened the cupboard and got out bread which had crunches label and greased it with butter generously. I was even surprised at the amount of provisions Ted had brought me. Being with Kamsi,I always eat plentiful and excessively. Even now,we ate a good quantity of the bread before we showered and talked some more. Gospel had called before we slept and I refused to speak with him.

The next morning,just after Kamsi had helped me shower and put back the hospital cloak on me, Ken came in. I looked at the clock and it was some minutes last 8.

Me: Good morning.

Ken: Yes dear. Good morning.

Kamsi just waved and entered the bathroom.

Me: You're early. Didn't you drop mummy anymore?

Ken smiled and I realised I had taken the first step in accepting that I was now part of the Kalus' family.

Ken: Her flight was scheduled for 7:30. So sis,I dropped mum off before coming.

It was my turn to smile.
He handed me the minibox he was carrying and helped me open it. There were towels,clothes and some slippers.

Me: We're not living here are we?

He laughed out loud

Ken: Now I knew you would say that. I didn't know which of them to bring so I decided to come with as many as possible for you to choose from.

Me: Nice. But I don't see any food with you.

He hit his forehead with his palm.

Ken: Give me twenty minutes. I'll be right back.

Kamsi came out,changed her clothes and made tea for us while we waited for Kenneth and Ted.

Ken was the first to come back. He bought rice and banga soup(ofe akwu) with lots of meats and fried fishes and plantain. We all ate and chattered away. We were busy with our meal when a knock came and the door opened. Ted walked in with the doctor and we all greeted them

Doc: Ander how are you?

Me: I'm very fine doctor
My mouth was filled.

Doc: Of course I can see that.

We all laughed and he checked my pulse.

Doc: Do you still feel pain anywhere?

Me: No. Just my thighs.

Doc: Its normal. With the injections and drugs you're taking,it'll disappear in a couple of days. You're really a very strong woman.

Me: Thank you sir.

Doc: I'll leave you all now. The nurses will come to you soon.

Me: Okay.

Everyone in the room thanked him before he left. That was when I took a closer look at Ted and realised he was carrying a bag. He noticed me staring and frowned his face.

Ted: Its wrong to stare I hope you know.

Me: I'm sorry.

Ted: Good. So you all didn't tell me there was a food party going on.

We all laughed.

Ken: Join us then. There's still enough in the cooler.

Kamsi: Yes. We'll have yours later.

Ted: If you all insist.

Kamsi stood up and Ted replaced her. She served him and joined me on the bed while we all chartered away.

Ted told us about himself. He was 26,born and raised in California. He worked with a telecommunications company there in California and was just home to see his parents who lived at Enugu but somewhere I couldn't remember the name. He said his own house was in TransEkulu and he was just going home from his parents house the morning he had hit me. I wanted to ask him why he would leave his parents house that early but I thought against it. We all said a thing or two about ourselves and that was how we all became friends. Surprisingly,Ken paired him with Kamsi and said they would be perfect together and he laughed,admitting that he liked Kamsi. The conversation flowed so well that we didn't know that it was afternoon till the nurse returned to give me my injections and drugs. And she came in with Gospel.

He ignored every other person in the room and enveloped me in a warm embrace. I had never received such show of emotion from a male before who isn't related to me so I was shy.....very shy,as all eyes were on us including that of the nurse.

When he finally released me,it was to look at me with loving eyes.

Gospel: I'm sorry

Me: I.....

Kamsi: I thought you won't say that.

That was when he remembered that there were other people in the room. He began talking with them while the nurse gave me my medications and left.

Gospel: Thank you Ted for bringing her here. So many people would have left her and disappeared. To think that you've even being around all this while,helping the doctors take care of her.

Ted: I did what every normal human being would do.

Gospel: Thanks once again.

Ted: You're welcome.

We spent the rest of the day chatting and eating away our lives. They would take turn to help me walk around the room. It became the normal routine; Ken would bring breakfast,Ted would handle lunch while Gospel would take care of dinner. At night before they all left,we'll put a call to mummy through Skype and we'll all talk for long. Then when they finally leave,Kamsi and I would help ourselves to some provisions from the cupboard.

I experienced so much love and affection like I've never experienced before but one thing kept on bothering me; Nenye and her mother,they never called or checked on me. I wondered what they were doing,I wonder if they ever missed me,what will they tell the villagers happened to me? But each time I got occupied with such thoughts,Kamsi would knock me out of it.

And again,while at the hospital, Gospel and I became official.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 10:38am On Aug 06, 2016
saxwizard:
Thanks for the dedication

I guessed wrong I reasoned the typical Nigerian movie way....

Keep it coming ma'am
Thanks dear. This is not a nollywood movie. It happened life,to someone who's close to me.
Re: Alone.. by teeghurl(f): 11:29am On Aug 06, 2016
Welldone ma'am
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 3:43pm On Aug 06, 2016
[b][/b]So I see my views are increasing but not much encouragements. Still won't stop me from updating for my faithful readers and it won't make me stop this one like I did with valley of the shadow of love.

So this one is dedicated to mzlizabelle. Though I've not viewed her profile but her name rings a bell in my head(am not a lesbian o). She's also being supportive with her comments.

I was in the school canteen with Kamsi one afternoon after lecture,munching our meaty meatpie with a can of lacasara when I felt I was being watched. Its being two weeks since I resumed school. I had spent three more weeks at home after I was discharged,perfecting myself and learning to walk and talk like I'm royalty(trust Kamsi nau). Gospel had taken us shopping,buying me clothes I'm sure I wouldn't finish wearing in six months,shoes (combination of heels,snickers,flats and boots), handbags,make up box(I didn't even know they used to exist),deodorants and so many things. I was taken to a spa where goodness knows the magic they did with my skin and my entire looks. I became a princess in three weeks. At first,I wasn't comfortable with all that but mummy(Mrs Kalu) and Kamsi always encouraged me. While I was being transformed to Chimamanda Kalu,Kamsi got admission through the supplementary form and we resumed school the next week. Did I say that Ted and Kamsi were now dating? Forgive me. Everyone approved of there relationship and they were perfect for each other. He and Gospel took turns to take us out for lunch. Ted had applied for a transfer to one of there companies in Nigeria(I think it was because of Kamsi). His transfer was not granted so he had started making plans to start his own company here in Nigeria. Life was so much fun and back to the present,I felt I was being watched.

Me: Kammy,look behind me please and see if you'll notice anybody giving me an odd look.

Kamsi: Why?

Me: I feel like I'm being watched.

Kamsi stylishly looked around before resuming her eating

Kamsi: I see no one babe. Besides,who wouldn't stare at you,with all these your hotness.

She was right. I had started receiving more than enough glances and "hi" from girls who I'm sure were from rich homes. It was good to be rich and classy but in all that,I never let it get into my head. I still remembered who I was and I had promised myself that once I graduated from school,I'll take back everything that belonged to me.

We had finished eating and was about stepping out when four girls walked in and stopped in front of us. I looked up at there faces and was I surprised to see Nenye with them?

Kamsi: And what's the meaning of this?

I stood there,staring at each of there faces. I remembered two of the girls. They used to visit Nenye back then at home.

Nenye: I'm not here for you. I'm here for my sister.

Kamsi scoffed and shook her head. Everyone in the cafe had turned there attention to us.

Kamsi: Did you just call her your sister?

Nenye: Of course she is my sister who your family took away from us.

Kamsi looked at me and smiled. She held my hand and we walked away. We got to the door and she left me and returned to them.

Kamsi: You're lucky. Very lucky that I'm in a good mood today,if not,I would have beaten you black and blue here and this nitwits you call friends won't do anything about it. Spoilt daughter of Jezebel.

Nenye: Never you call me or my mother names or....

Kamsi: Or what? What will you do? I've even forgotten that you're a student of this school so watch closely. I'm sure you barely recognised Amanda. That's what love and care can do to someone so stick your fingers into your ass and watch how beautiful her life is now. Stop us any other day and I'll have you locked up. Bi'tch.

Kamsi approached me and we walked out of the cafe and headed towards school gate.

Kamsi: That girl! I'll so deal with her. Because we didn't file a case against them right.

Me: You're angry. Calm down.

We got to the bus stand and sat down.

Me: Kammy,why are you angry now? She's not worth it.

Kamsi: I know but a part of me tells me that they're up to something. My instinct can never lie to me.

Me: I....

Rose: Excuse me please.

Kamsi and I turned to see a girl of our age. She was pretty and average in height. She was dressed in a jean short,jean snicker and a while crop top. Her jean jacket was tied to her waist. She had money written all over her.

Kamsi: Hi.

Rose: I'm Rose,from the department of social sciences.

Kamsi: I'm Kamsi. This is my sister and best friend,Amanda,we're both studying radiology.

Rose: Oh wow. Nice meeting you.

We shook hands with her and she sat down between us.

Rose: So,I was sitting down at the cafe where the show down had happened. You're a brave soldier girly.

Kamsi and I laughed.

Rose: So I've being following you girls,thinking of a way to start a conversation but you stopped here and I decided to stop as well.

Kamsi: Oh!

Me: Hope there's no problem

Rose: Not at all. I've just being seeing you girls around for some days now and I love your closeness. I just want to be friends with you two.

My phone rang and I brought it out from my handbag. It was a blackberry passport which Gospel had gotten me two weeks ago. It was Kenneth calling.

Me: Hi Ken.

Ken: Hey sis,where are you two? Being calling Kammy but she didn't pick up.

I glanced at Kamsi but she was saying something to the new girl.

Me: Uhm,she turned it off before we went in for lecture but we're on our way home now.

Ken: Okay. Hope you both are safe?

Me: We're at the bus stand beside school gate actually.

Ken: I came around to see someone. Wait for me there and I'll come and pick you both.

Me: Okay then. Don't keep us waiting.

I hung up and let the girls in on what's happening. We decided to take pictures before he arrives. We were having fun with ourselves when our(I'm now part of the family so everything is ours now) red spider stopped just in front of us and Kenneth came down. We all turned to him and Rose stared at him for a while before shouting;

Rose: Ken!

Ken: Rose

It was our turn to stare as we looked at them hug each other like long lost friends.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alone.. by abefe99: 7:15pm On Aug 06, 2016
coolvery interesting its seems u are being the head more grace dear[c

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (34) (Reply)

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Almost Perfect#nlwriters / The Thomas....(a Family)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 136
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.