Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:23 AM

Alone.. - Literature (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alone.. (222753 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alone.. by Omojudy: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
Re: Alone.. by Omojudy: 6:15pm On Aug 29, 2016
PamelB:

As I sat at the airport that morning,waiting patiently for my flight to be announced,I took a look at the event of the last two weeks.

I had remained indoors after Rose had shamefully left. I didn't even know when the others left. I only got busy with my laptop,always expecting emails from the university

The mail finally arrived on Friday morning. I was about going to shower when it came in. I was so excited that I placed a call to mum immediately. She was also happy,telling me what to do in anticipation for my journey. I started packing my stuffs immediately. I choose to go to the bank that day. I got the money mum had given me transfered into a new account,withdrew the amount I needed for a little shopping, stopped at a supermarket and got all the things I thought I needed before going back home.

The house was extremely quiet when I arrived so I just stole in the things I had bought. I continued my packing till I eventually got tired, had my dinner in my room and went to bed.

Saturday morning,I left for the embassy like mum had advised. I showed them my admission letter and after series of questions,they booked a flight for me on Tuesday morning.
I got my flight ticket and left for home in the mid afternoon.
While I drove in,I met Gospel about leaving the house. Before I could finish parking the car,he was already waiting for me to get down.

Gospel: Hi.

Me: Good day.

Gospel: What's up? Earlier this week,you've refused to be seen and now,you're going in and out. Tell me,are we celebrating anything soon?

I smiled and locked the car.

Me: Of course. But mum will be the one to tell you that.

Gospel: You no longer go to school. Why?

Me: Cause I gave myself a break. Besides,you don't think it's easy for me to come to terms with the fact that my companion just left.

Gospel: Hmmm. I get.

Me: You going out?

Gospel: Yeah. Want to get one or two things.

Me: Alright. See you then.

I walked into the house with my handbag and began to recheck my stuffs.

Now,I was ready to travel and begin a new life.

On Monday evening,I decided to join. the guys for dinner. The girls had sent my food upstairs but I asked them to take it down. I walked down the stairs with my heart beating fast.

Ken: You decided to join us,thank God for that.

I smiled and Gospel peered at me.

Gospel: This girl is up to something. She acts weird this days. Or is it the absence of Kamsi? We both feel same way too

Ken: I think it's more than that. I just can't place my hand on it

Me: You both should just quit gossiping about me in my own presence and eat. Not because mum isn't around.

They laughed and we settled down to our food. After eating,I took away the plates and quickly went outside to inform the gateman that he'll be taking me to the airport as early as 5:30am tomorrow. He was confused and I pleaded with him to keep it confidential.

That night,I parked my things into the car I intended to use in order to make my departure unnoticeable to the two brothers. I was leaving the Kalu's residence for good and I know it is far more better than the way I had left the Okoyes'.

My flight was scheduled for 8:00 but I was at the airport as early as 6:30. I got a room where I intended to get an hour sleep but sleep wouldn't come. I hadn't closed my eyes one bit last night and I knew it was going to affect me.

Exactly one hour later,I'm now here,waiting for my flight to be announced. It came just as I looked at my wristwatch the 100th time that morning.

As I walked out of the departure door,a single tear dropped from my eyes as I thought about Ken and Gospel. I had left them in the dark and they wouldn't forgive me for that.

I found my seat and sat down,bent my head and let my tears flow.

Ken: Excuse me ma'am,you should be sitting this side.

I looked up and behold,it was Ken. My tongue suddenly went dry. He lowered himself beside me and shook his head.

Ken: Why are you crying? Since you think you're doing the right thing?

I bent my head again and wept audibly.

Ken: I knew something was wrong. I knew it,so I followed you,I monitored all your movements,I knew everything you did,all the calls you made,even your admission. Why did you choose to do that to me? You know how much I love you and you chose to walk out of my life when I needed you most.

Me: I had to,I had to do it. There was Gospel and then you. What was I supposed to do?

Ken: Gospel will be going back to owerri today do you know that?

I shook my head in the negative.

Ken: I told him and he asked me to follow you. Reject me again and I'll scream loud and clear for everyone to know how badly you've been treating me.

Me: Ken please. I have to go.

Ken: I'm not stopping you from going. I'm following you. I'm actually in this flight. We're going together.

Me: What?

Ken: Yes.

The fasten your seatbelt announcement came immediately and we did that. I still looked on in surprise.
Immediately we took off,he held my hand and I turned to him

Ken: Don't love me and I'll keep on following you till I die.

Me: Ken?

Ken: We'll meet mum,she'll give us her blessings.

He hugged me and I cried in his arms. He cuddled me like life depended on it and I felt safe in his hands.

Ken: Remember I had promised you,I'll never leave you alone. We're in this together and that's how it'll remain.

And so it came to pass,five years later,I've graduated from university and is now a certified medical doctor,returning home for my traditional and white wedding.
As I walked into the arrival of the airport,the faces I saw were all faces of people I had loved and will always love.

Ken was with a billboard with the inscription "Mrs Kalu" on it.

Gospel: Was holding a pregnant Nenye. They had wedded the previous year and I had seen their pictures.

Mum: Still looking young and full of life.

Ted: All smiles with a child that looked just like him

Kamsi: Heavily pregnant with face full of smiles.

We all went into a long embrace,each trying to say something against the other playfully.
On our way home in the sienna,I got a text message on my phone,

"we'll never leave you alone. didn't I promise?"

It was Ken who was sitting behind me. I looked at him and smiled.

I had a loving family and a lovely fiance who would be my husband tomorrow. I've got a fulfilled life and I'm happy I never ended up ALONE.....

It doesn't matter what life throws at you. Pick it up and make something good out of it. All bitter stories don't always end sorrowfully the same way all beautifully stories never end happily. There's a light at the end of every tunnel the same way every dark cloud has a silver lining.
Your story today may be a lesson to someone else tomorrow so take life suffry and never regret any second of it.

Thank you all for sharing in my story. I love you all to the moon and back to earth especially everyone of you who supported the growth of this story,who invited friends to the thread,who shared the links,and those who read and refused to acknowledge it. I love you all.

ALONE
.......the end
Ok you said this was a true story earlier. Sure you dont want to say it's a modified true story? It was a nice read despite all. You have more hurdles to cross but your potential is high. Well done.
Re: Alone.. by QueenEKAMMA(f): 7:41pm On Aug 29, 2016
RIDE ON BABY, I HAVE TIGHTEN MY SEAT BELT. IS AS IF I SEEING A MOVIE
Re: Alone.. by Tgold1(m): 8:06pm On Aug 29, 2016
SmartestPopQUEEN:
ooops... Got the I.V this night... Hope am not too late for the ceremony?... And if I am... May Gawd bless their union with Vage alike children... Amen....

Amen Is all I hAve to say!!!!!
Re: Alone.. by vick00(m): 8:08pm On Aug 29, 2016
pemelB can i tell u that i have fallen 4 u after i finish reading this story. WELLDONE AND KEEP IT UP. SOMEDAY U WILL BECOME ONE OF THE BEST STORY WRITTER IN THE WORLD.
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:50pm On Aug 29, 2016
Really wish I could quote you all. You're the best. This story wouldn't have reached it's end without you guys. I appreciate everyone.

Follow the next story, Valley of the shadow of love which I'll continue on Wednesday.

And wait,I never said this story is about me, I'm talking about someone who wants to fill this thread with 'whatever'. I just happen to know who it happened to.

All the same, thanks for commenting. I still app you all

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by DonaTee(f): 9:19pm On Aug 29, 2016
smokeydrinky:

Babe , i wanted the story to go on and on o....ole way?

nothing much oo. I dey find better story to kip me busy
Re: Alone.. by Shakyroh320(f): 9:27pm On Aug 29, 2016
theorbiters:
Hey pamelB, please indulge me for a moment.

So, I am trying so hard to reconcile the title of your story with the content you developed. See, the story is titled "ALONE" and not "NOT ALONE". Forgive me, but the theme the title present is that of tragedy and not happily ever after, which I am guessing the latter is actually what you want to convey. This is a beautiful piece, no doubt, with all the tragic sub plots used to interweave this piece, but I believe that the title of a piece should not just be the idea and heart of it, it should also convey, in true sense, the message of the piece. Except maybe you still have plans to make everyone die in some mysterious way, leaving Amanda alone, aside that, I don't think the title is doing a enough justice to the story.

But hey, don't mind me. I probably don't know what I am saying.

In all, it was nice. Please don't be offended by my review.
.actually,d title was made d refrence point in d story if u read it very well.av u read d unfulfilled promises by audreytimm?,sumtin of this nature was wat hapend there too.if u view stories very well d title is always d opposite of d content at the end.
Re: Alone.. by SmartestPopQUEEN(f): 9:37pm On Aug 29, 2016
PamelB:
Queen. No Nau. Its not fair o
hehehehehehe.... In this world, nothing is ever fair Mate.......
Re: Alone.. by ewawumi(f): 10:09pm On Aug 29, 2016
wat more can I say dan wow! Dis is grt
Re: Alone.. by theorbiters: 10:28pm On Aug 29, 2016
Shakyroh320:
.actually,d title was made d refrence point in d story if u read it very well.av u read d unfulfilled promises by audreytimm?,sumtin of this nature was wat hapend there too.if u view stories very well d title is always d opposite of d content at the end.

Yea, I did read Unfulfilled Promise, great masterpiece from Audrey, and you will agree with me that, even though the title was not itself self explanatory, it did well to justify the content. In my professional opinion, I think it is very wrong that the title of your story be opposite of its content. I mean, that is just misleading.
Re: Alone.. by Eljefe(m): 11:33pm On Aug 29, 2016
PamelB:
Don't really know if I should take your advice and keep updating when no one appreciates my work. Its really heartbreaking that's why I decided to stop and read other updates since mine isn't good to get viewed and appreciated. Thanks all the same

Ur story is interesting....Please continue....Thumbs up!!!
Re: Alone.. by Favvvy(f): 12:04am On Aug 30, 2016
Nice one
Re: Alone.. by smokeydrinky: 7:49am On Aug 30, 2016
DonaTee:

nothing much oo. I dey find better story to kip me busy
Rhoda. Should be in page zero or one. Interesting so far. Im just starting
Re: Alone.. by Agromuda(m): 8:13am On Aug 30, 2016
Dis story is da bomb!!! Catch up soonest. Still on page 12. cheesy
Re: Alone.. by TheBlessedMAN: 1:21pm On Aug 30, 2016
Tgold1:
NOTICE!!!!!!

The Entire Members Of TEAM HERO Cordially InVites The Pleasure Of All NAIRALANDERS, And All ALONE Reader, To The Wedding Ceremony Of Our Great Writer PAMELB And Our Very Vibrant Member Of TEAM HERO AOB1 Which Will Take Place On NairaLand @ No.1 Front Page Crescent..... grin grin

On 27th Of August 2016....

Lalastic Lala, Seun E.T.C are All Invited...

Singned: All Members Of TEAM HERO : Tgold1 , Royh , TheBlessedMan , MrLemuel , SmartestPopQueen , Fobiflex , AOB1.

Come One, Come All....... Abeg Invite Assortted Babes Come oooo, Coz DEm Royh and Co still dey find Wife oooo...

You are Blessed As You COMe...... smiley smiley
he b lyk say na devil go direct that event so... He no fit send his agent... grin
Re: Alone.. by TheBlessedMAN: 1:23pm On Aug 30, 2016
ROYH:
wow, u Bribe Me With That sentence "LAST UPDATE OF ALONE CUMES 2NITE" ,

THEBLESSEDMAN, TGOLD1, MRLEMUEL, FOBIFLEX, AND WHO ELSE AGAIN? Princedami, come see d end of d real scenario o, pamelb wan dash d last comer (late comer) a poo, so me don sidon make i no get poo , na boo i wan dance my reggae with make everything turn blue
oya i don land lyk ebola patient dey land inside bodija market... V.i.o. Clear 4 road...
Re: Alone.. by lumzybo: 3:16pm On Aug 30, 2016
Lumzy was here.

Op, thanks 4 this, I was entertained
Re: Alone.. by olatex25(m): 5:34pm On Aug 30, 2016
What shud i say 2 dis writer ooo, hmm. The words are nt jst cumin, can't blv i tuk my time 2 read dis "...." story frm episode 1 til End, witout even payin much attentn 2 work. I was glue wit my phone since mornin..
Stil cudnt find d rite adjective 2 qualify ow good was dis story.. It worth the Time anyway.. Since i cudn't get d suitable word, let me jst say a prayer.. May d almighty neva seize ur knowlegde & wisdom, &May He always guide nd protect u in all ur undertakin. U are blessed my dear..
This story is "...." am sori i stil cudn't get d rite word.. Kissess (in falz ancent)..

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by Daeveed(m): 11:37pm On Aug 30, 2016
This Is Really Wonderful.... One Of The Best I'hv Seen So Far In NL
Re: Alone.. by ebudera(f): 11:49pm On Aug 30, 2016
Wow dis was a nice piece,wasn't much of a ghost reader,but decided 2 jst read witout commenting cos I neva knew wen new updates where made & only got 2 see d thread again after d end of d story had been updated.

Will appreciate it if I can b carried along thru out any of ur nxt story.

But wait wat about ur order story "IN LOVE WITH HER PASTOR"
I neva got 2 finish it.
Re: Alone.. by boriowoope: 6:31am On Aug 31, 2016
wow! this is nice. kip it up dear.
Re: Alone.. by Osjaay(f): 8:25am On Aug 31, 2016
bae well done.twas a work well delivered.ride on
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:54am On Aug 31, 2016
Wow. Comments are still coming. Amen to all your prayers, thanks to all your good wishes. You all are the best
Re: Alone.. by FlordFlorez(m): 9:49am On Aug 31, 2016
Hi PamelB sweetie. Missing ur work...plz do invite me to any of ur new work and....My name must be featured this time around. OK? Hehehe, a romantic role. God bless ya!!
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 10:28am On Aug 31, 2016
FlordFlorez:
Hi PamelB sweetie. Missing ur work...plz do invite me to any of ur new work and....My name must be featured this time around. OK? Hehehe, a romantic role. God bless ya!!
valley of the shadow of love.

1 Like

Re: Alone.. by Violinna: 10:39am On Aug 31, 2016
beautiful story... very touching...
. you r really good at what you do
Re: Alone.. by sabyjunior(m): 9:45pm On Aug 31, 2016
I think am in love with this writer. you r doing a wonderful work dear.#repented ghost reader#
Re: Alone.. by sabyjunior(m): 11:32pm On Aug 31, 2016
fiction or nonfiction, swt hrt u r the bomb. a thousand gboza for u
Re: Alone.. by edimahgurl(f): 1:39am On Sep 01, 2016
Hmmmm#breathtaking.. kiss kiss
Re: Alone.. by Niyinficient(m): 7:32am On Sep 01, 2016
Wow! For d past 3 days I cudnt go to frontage cos I av been reading up d whole story. Nice one. I can't believe I read up d whole story tho cos am not really a fan of all these luvy-dovey stories but u got me wit dis. Sorry I didn't give my comment till now. I am not happy my man Gospel ended up wit Nenye, and dat Amanda girl sef undecided d girl life ehn....i no want biko....at a point e come b like say na only she waka come. I feel for Rose tho....too much embarrassment.

Nice story PameLB. God bless
Re: Alone.. by PamelB(f): 8:11am On Sep 01, 2016
Niyinficient:
Wow! For d past 3 days I cudnt go to frontage cos I av been reading up d whole story. Nice one. I can't believe I read up d whole story tho cos am not really a fan of all these luvy-dovey stories but u got me wit dis. Sorry I didn't give my comment till now. I am not happy my man Gospel ended up wit Nenye, and dat Amanda girl sef undecided d girl life ehn....i no want biko....at a point e come b like say na only she waka come. I feel for Rose tho....too much embarrassment.

Nice story PameLB. God bless
and Bless you too. tanx for the comment

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (Reply)

The Romantic Chronicles Of Badoh / Almost Perfect#nlwriters / The Thomas....(a Family)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.