Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,790 members, 7,802,471 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? (10377 Views)

Korra Obidi Poses Nude To Campaign For 'Stop Cyber Bullying' (Pictures) / Kemi Olunloyo Is Bullying My Daughter –seyi Law / Michelle, Mercy Aigbe's Daughter Speaks On Cyber Bullying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by llaykorn: 7:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
Can we? Can we just try compassion as an option? Try it as an experiment and see what happens to our worlds? A little compassion for children, a little for depressed people, a little for the mentally ill and a little for celebrities too. Yes, celebrities.

Think about it: celebrities are human too. A fact we're fast at forgetting or maybe one we never really knew in the first place. If not, why is it that nine out of ten times we go through the celebrity gist in newspapers, it's always some nasty, negative and many times untrue news getting featured about celebrities? Why is that anytime celebrity news is posted on the web, even those who are seemingly humanitarian pull off garbs of their sham humanitarianism and start spewing nasty stuff as if the human at the receiving end is a robot; emotionless and lacks feeling.

See, our society has enough problems with bullies and trolls on the internet and in schools. We do not need popular
media outlets adding fuel to the fire and acting like it is okay
to write cruel stuff about people just because they are
celebrities. Being in the public eye does not mean they open themselves up to having a load of horrible and usually untrue stuff written about them. They are only humans; just the same as us. We are all people with feelings, just because a person is on TV does not mean they don’t feel hurt when they see cruel things written about them.

Everyone has a duty to make the world a better place and to see major newspapers and web pages print nasty content or allow people comment nasty comments about these people is very dangerous. This shows young people that it is okay to
body shame, it is okay to write nasty comments about people's private lives; okay to write cruel stuff about them just because they are celebrities. NO, IT IS NOT OKAY!

I was very disappointed when I clicked once on some thread here on Nairaland that gave the news of Di'ja's return to work after having her baby. Are we really this short of compassion? Why should it be our problem that someone doesn't have big breasts? Why should it be of our concern that someone is too thin to have a baby if her husband is not complaining? Why should getting married and having baby without letting you know be a reason to bully a woman?

Do we think that celebrities don't cry? Everyone has feelings and no one deserves to be bullied. Celebrity or not, bullying is what it is and there is no other name for it!

49 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by PiccoloBrunelli(m): 7:09pm On Jul 18, 2016
So why are you canvassing for their fair treatment? What's in it for you? Sha....wetin concyn me? If you fůck up....I clear you. Celebrity and celibates alike.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by goldbim(f): 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2016
Nice!!a little compassion, respect and also maturity!!some fans flex their muscles on line because they know they can't even have a chance to wave @the celeb in person talk more of insult..also the celebrities should learn not to respond to all criticism..especially immature/offensive comments..

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Pdizzle(m): 9:01pm On Jul 18, 2016
People who bully use it to find peace with their unhappy life, you are what comes out of you. The energy you put into the world is what you get back. It's that simple.

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Nobody: 12:30am On Jul 19, 2016
I don't get it. So if my favourite celebrity acts in a terrible movie its now bullying to tell them the truth? I should leave them to keep erring in the hope one day they'd hit the jackpot? My friend move one side o. I've watched so many bad nollywood movies I've sworn I'd arrange boys to beat everyone who was involved in the production if I ever see them walking down the street -- my time and hard-earned money are too precious to waste.

Tell them to stop(especially the females) posting semi-_nude pictures hoping we'd shower them praises. I never chop since morning and I need distraction from hunger naim one mugu wan blind me with bikini pictures? Tufia, I'd insult your whole family!

9 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Babe2sure(f): 7:54am On Jul 19, 2016
Bullying is not good for anyone. Objective criticism is still okay.

4 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by psychologist(m): 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
Most of them yeyebrites deserves it!

In lil kesh voice "SEBI NA YOU WANT BLOW"

Meanwhile somewhere in osun

12 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Fairgodwin(m): 5:35pm On Aug 14, 2016
Inasmuch as I greatly agree with the OP, I still also believe it would be safe to also caution these celebrities especially for their actions. Sometimes they deliberately do what they do because they feel they're larger than life itself. They sometimes get in people's faces intentionally because they feel those people are nobodies and can't do them anything.
The truth is, some of them love being bullied, actually, while some are bullies themselves.
Sometimes they feel absolute zero remorse for what they do and this is one major reason people or rather most people, lose all form of empathy for them.
A typical example (I'm sorry to say) is the case of Ibinabo Febresima (the actress and former Actors Guild President), who killed a doctor (man slaughter, please) and yet felt no iota of remorse for her actions, especially towards the man's family. And that was exactly what got the family of the late doctor angry and they decided to pursue the case to the very end.

But like you rightly said, they're humans too, just like everyone of us and as such, deserve our compassion, forgiveness, empathy, and even sympathy (at times) .

6 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by EmuesiriAlex(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
This thing called LIFE...
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by kingDavidda1st(m): 5:36pm On Aug 14, 2016
Your write up ain't bad
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Soreza(m): 5:37pm On Aug 14, 2016
NA POOR JOBLESS PEOPLE DAY DO THAT RUBBISH, THEY WORK HARD TO GET TO WHERE THEY ARE, U LIKE THIER MUSICS, FILMS WHICH IS FINE BUT GET THE F.CK OUT OF THIER PERSONAL LIVES AND GET A JOB.

THE GREATEST.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by veekid(m): 5:38pm On Aug 14, 2016
What's compassion?
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by iamVirus(m): 5:39pm On Aug 14, 2016
ok!
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by cococandy(f): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
It's their way of dealing with personal frustrations. Take it out of folks better than them.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by AnodaIT(m): 5:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
So?

All of them were at the opposite side of the pole at one time or the other.

Showbiz is talk biz, if Showbiz stop talking then it is dead, therefore if you are in, be ready for it.

Some celebrities even sponsor controversial hype to keep them in circulation

If no one is talking about you then you are nothing.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by generalorot(m): 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
[none of my business ] lipsrsealed
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
Story story. All because Dija has no boobs? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Donald3d(m): 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2016
hmm
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by eph12(m): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Most of those that find joy in insulting others online uncalled for are actually living sad lives and are frustrated with situations. It's their way of achieving orgasmic like relief since things are not working out. Otherwise how else can you explain why someone will be found online 247 looking for who to bully?

4 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by freecocoa(f): 5:42pm On Aug 14, 2016
Treat them celebrities as you would ordinary people, is my take biko.
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
I guess many don't know what bullying is.
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by nathskib(f): 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hmmm
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Nobody: 5:43pm On Aug 14, 2016
They are jobless my brother grin.
They just have to let out the steam somehow. Sometime ago one musician (though not too popular) celebrated her marriage anniversary and someone commented, 'be there giving shoutout, don't go and born'. I was shocked!
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by LuvU2: 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
embarassed has it come to this
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by pmc01(m): 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
I know this is about Linda Ikeji. Keep your nonsense appeal. You don't step on the Cobra's tail and expect Mercy.
Of what positive value are the celebrities in society at large?
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by martineinstein(m): 5:44pm On Aug 14, 2016
i think they are the cause of the bullying themselves...thry live fake lives and oppress the poor youth with their fake lifestyles.the return is bully from angry and jobless fans.

This is what foreign celebrities dont do

1 Like

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by winkmart: 5:46pm On Aug 14, 2016
story, story... na only naija celebrities dey reply fans... with serious curses... don't blame them, their total number of their followers Na the LIKES wey American celebrities dey gather for one post.

1 Like

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by pmc01(m): 5:48pm On Aug 14, 2016
How many times do these your celebrities own up to their mistakes and take full responsibility for their inactions?

People like Dangote and other such role models are celebrities too.
Do they get 'bullied' too?

4 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by zuma4k(m): 5:54pm On Aug 14, 2016
pmc01:
How many times do these your celebrities own up to their mistakes and take full responsibility for their inactions?
You made a very nice point. The lesser you talk, the more you hear
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by VictorRomanov: 5:56pm On Aug 14, 2016
PiccoloBrunelli:
So why are you canvassing for their fair treatment? What's in it for you? Sha....wetin concyn me? If you fůck up....I clear you. Celebrity and celibates alike.

so how much u don earn for all the 'clearing' wey u don do? E for no better for u make u go "clear" bush? at least them go pay you.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by Goldenheart(m): 5:57pm On Aug 14, 2016
Whatever u do, even if you are humble, ppl will still axe you. sad

angryLike they did to messi...
Re: Celebrity-Bullying: Can We Use A Little Compassion? by VictorRomanov: 5:58pm On Aug 14, 2016
pmc01:

so that's ur excuse for bullying? Who bullies you when you make your own mistakes....? Oh! sorry, u no be celebrity angry

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Burkina Faso Footballer Bance With His Posh Ride / Mercy Johnson Vs Tooz. The More Voluptuous Beauty Goes To? / Kimkardashian Releases Unclad Pregnancy Pics Revealing Her Olele-culele

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.