Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,791 members, 7,798,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 08:08 AM

Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address (9662 Views)

‘special’ Dinner To Negotiate Cancelling The Probe Into $26 Billion Contract / 2019: How Jonathan Will Lead The Charge Against APC / Jonathan Will Divide Nigeria If He Lose Election - FFK The Hero Of the Liepod (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by mamabomboy: 11:58pm On Jul 18, 2016
Former Nigeria President, Mr. Goodluck Jonathan, will give the keynote speech of the United States Nigerian Lawyers Association (NLA) Merit Awards Dinner, scheduled for October 29 in New York.

An announcement signed by Nexus U. Sea, President of the association, said tickets for the event at on sale on the NLA website

“Early Bird tickets are $100 for NLA Members and $130 for Non-Members. We recommend that you purchase your tickets before Standard Rates apply. The Early Bird period will expire on August 31, 2016 at 11:59PM. Standard Rates are $130 for NLA Members and $160 for Non-Members. The ticket price for everyone at the Door will be $180.”

The venue of the event is the 630 Second Ballroom, at 630 Second Avenue.

According to Mr. Sea, the keynote speaker will be joining a long list of Nigerian dignitaries who have attended the event in the past.

He named such celebrities as including “Professor Wole Soyinka, a 1986 Noble Laureate in Literature, and world-renowned writer, poet and playwright; Professor Chinua Achebe, world-renowned writer and author of the award-winning novel, "Things Fall Apart"; and Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala, former World Bank Managing Director and former Nigerian Minister of Finance.

According to the NLA website, the annual Merit Awards Dinner are held “to celebrate the achievements of distinguished individuals who have made outstanding contributions in the legal profession and towards the advancement of public and community service, and to give out scholarships to law students of color from across the country, based on need and merit.”

It was not immediately clear what President Jonathan will focus on in his address. Since losing the presidency last year, he has spent a lot of time abroad speaking to audiences about the success of his administration in tackling corruption and boosting democracy.

In the next few weeks, he is scheduled to launch his foundation, the Goodluck Jonathan Foundation, which he announced last year in a letter to former President Olusegun Obasanjo.

In the letter, he said he was back to work following the taking of power by President Muhammadu Buhari, “to continue to serve and dedicate my life to promoting peace and prosperity for all,” and that he would be “devoting the rest of my life and energy to making the world a better place.”

Several of Mr. Jonathan’s aides and former ministers are facing corruption charges in Nigeria related to his term in office.

http://saharareporters.com/2016/07/18/ex-nigerian-pres-jonathan-chosen-keynote-speaker-nigerian-lawyers-association-merit

6 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Irishrena1(f): 12:01am On Jul 19, 2016
Why shouldn't he? Anything wrong with that?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by HzRF(m): 12:01am On Jul 19, 2016
Nice 1

Zombies be like

Ipod lootyers

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by tomakint: 12:03am On Jul 19, 2016
From glory to glory Goodluck Ebele Jonathan keeps soaring like an eagle. What manner of man is this Jonathan? Indeed, there is POWER IN A NAME, I love you Sir!

118 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by HungerBAD: 12:10am On Jul 19, 2016
Hiss.

Okay, they are paying to go watch a comedy show?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by aressssa: 12:10am On Jul 19, 2016
Funny how the stealing is not corruption otuoke losers now gyrates all over the place collecting worthless and irrelevant mucky mouse award from obscure entities... such his life.. grin grin

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by mamabomboy: 12:13am On Jul 19, 2016
Example of the judiciary that Buhari wants to force into his Gestapo unit. APC, go and ***

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by mamabomboy: 12:19am On Jul 19, 2016
aressssa:
Funny how the stealing is not corruption otuoke losers now gyrates all over the place collecting worthless and irrelevant mucky mouse award from obscure entities... such his life.. grin grin
HATER

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by jerryunit48: 12:33am On Jul 19, 2016
Someone people will not like this o

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by ayzTIGER: 1:00am On Jul 19, 2016
aressssa:
AFONJA.... By thier comments we know them. They are not hard to find spreading afo-ojoo online

69 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by ayzTIGER: 1:03am On Jul 19, 2016
HungerBAD:
Hiss.
only hiss? Kill yourself... Afonja

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Nobody: 1:36am On Jul 19, 2016
Pay $100 to listen to an ineffectual buffoon? Never! Spits grin

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by aressssa: 1:39am On Jul 19, 2016
Wonder why all the useless paid congregation are always in obscure locations by obscure people far far away from Nigeria grin

What about Nigeria now? Den no dey give award inside Nigeria ni? This is how you know thess kabukabu gyrations and awards are staged and worthless grin

A whole former president ruining all over the place collecting silly and meaningless awards....smh grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by santafe(m): 1:49am On Jul 19, 2016
What does the clown have to say. After mismanaging your country. mchew

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by sirgood07: 2:06am On Jul 19, 2016
ya father dream of getting 0.5 award?

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Fedayeen02: 3:28am On Jul 19, 2016
aressssa:
shame on your false change. Has your life chao since this administration came in? We are in this mess together but I'm better off than you because i can afford anything this administration throws at me.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by aressssa: 3:32am On Jul 19, 2016
[s]
Fedayeen02:
shame on your false change. Has your life chao since this administration came in? We are in this mess together but I'm better off than you because i can afford anything this administration throws at me.
[/s]

Abeg stop crying, I no get handkerchief.. I feel sorry for Igbos when they cry ..

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by eleojo23: 4:17am On Jul 19, 2016
It may sound somehow but losing the last election was the best thing that happened to GEJ.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Pavarottii(m): 5:50am On Jul 19, 2016
GEJ is a moving train to higher grounds; He can't be stopped, anyone who comes into his way will be crushed to death.

Keep soaring high, a true son of God.

God bless you GEJ.

We love you.

58 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by kossyablaze(m): 6:35am On Jul 19, 2016
Pls come n rule us again....sorry I voted u out.... I av realised my mistakes now cry

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by newbornmacho(m): 7:21am On Jul 19, 2016
aressssa:
see painment grin grin grin High blood pressure... Sudden cardiac death loading.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by youngeagle(m): 7:28am On Jul 19, 2016
My Hero keeps soaring

14 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by pode(m): 7:33am On Jul 19, 2016
aressssa:
Why the hate speech my brother, if I may ask are you sure we can live together as one with all these hate comment am seeing online every day?

27 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Sunnycliff(m): 7:42am On Jul 19, 2016
In defeat you became a legend, a great hero!
God Bless GEJ!

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Nobody: 7:42am On Jul 19, 2016
GEJ should be ready for prosecution after this key note speech.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by 01mcfadden(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2016
Many will hate this, many more will underate it. Thumb up GEJ. Africa's father of democracy.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Sunnycliff(m): 7:43am On Jul 19, 2016
aressssa:
Wonder why all the useless paid congregation are always in obscure locations by obscure people far far away from Nigeria grin

What about Nigeria now? Den no dey give award inside Nigeria ni? This is how you know thess kabukabu gyrations and awards are staged and worthless grin

A whole former president ruining all over the place collecting silly and meaningless awards....smh grin

We only heard of your PMB when he left military power till 2015 as a herdsman without any international relevance!

56 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by yeyeboi(m): 7:44am On Jul 19, 2016
Jonathan ma nigga ma NIGGA grin cheesy

5 Likes

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by chrisBenSunny: 7:44am On Jul 19, 2016
Wailing wailers...
Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Mimisboygreat: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
ONE OF THE BEST PRESIDENTS OF NIGERIA. COME AND SEE WHAT THEY ARE DOING TO US SINCE U LEFT. THEY WAN USE CORRUPTION KILL US INSTEAD OF KILLING CORRUPTION THEMSELF . GEJ 2019

34 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by Toluwani111: 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
Jantyda
Re: Jonathan Will Be At US Nigerian Lawyers Awards Dinner, To Give Address by massinola(m): 7:45am On Jul 19, 2016
zombies will be like... he paid to deliever the speech if not who would allow the otueke man to give a speech. Gej is a clear example of who God has blessed. But they see everything right with where sheriff has put us in the space of 1yr+

20 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't Sell Your Votes For Money That Won't Last More Than A Day - Sowore / #iamnorth The Bitter Truth We Northerners Should Accept. / Video:body Of Late Chief Dim Chukwuemeka Ojukwu Arrivin Imo State With Rochas Ok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.