Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,362 members, 7,808,260 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) (38427 Views)

The Best Android Phones That Cost N30,000 To N50,000 / See The Top 7 Mobile Phones That Brought New Innovations / 6 Phones That Are No Longer Used In Nigeria (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by DONOCHAS(m): 11:01am On Jul 19, 2016
Samsung blue face was my first phone, I loved it then
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by pamcode(m): 11:02am On Jul 19, 2016
Wait vintage gone are those days when sim cost more than suits and land phones could pay some one school fees.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by SirAweezy(m): 11:11am On Jul 19, 2016
Going down memory lane... (feeling nostalgic) lol

I used : Nokia 3310, 1100, 8310 e71,
Motorola t191, C250, Razor
Sony J70 (my best phone so far)
NEC e616 cool
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by tunero1010(m): 11:52am On Jul 19, 2016
and you forgot the first slimest phone

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by easrael(f): 12:14pm On Jul 19, 2016
I miss these good old days

These were phones some of us were proud of back then

Now, take a look at it years down the line
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by misterchris(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
feldido:
Op where are my beloved Nokia's first generation touchscreen phones?

5800 XpressMusic - the first phone with 8gig memory card?

I was a Nokia freak, used 90% of Nokia's Smartphones. Back then in school, I always introduced the latest smartphone.
Pure gold?
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by ghostmist: 1:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Big4wig:
How time flies...Do not educate your child to be rich. Educate him to be happy. So when he grows up, he will know the value of things, not the price.
what will happen if you educate your child to be both?

will the heavens fall??

or are you saying wealth and happiness are mutually exclusive??
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Odogwuskido(m): 1:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
highwaist:
Over a decade Now niggeria no pruduce phone/acesories I pity for nija

Really? What about Innoson phones? Haven't you seen one?
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Drabrah(m): 1:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
princey83:
Motorola 720
Motorola f3
Sendo s230
Sendo X - a cheaper alternative for those that could not afford a nokia symbian phone cool
Some of my friends back in Uni (that wanted to feel among by force) brought this phone with their pocket money. They were very happy because they could download cool symbian games and apps just like nokia symbian users. Owners of nokia phones were very angry and full of hate for sendo x users. Sendo X was sold circa N18,000. That is like N35,000 in today's money. But unfortunately, that phone was what yoruba called agba ana.. The phone was very fragile and I can't remeber any of my friends that used one of these sendo x that lasted over 3 semesters. Even when the phone wasworking, it hanged a lot grin

So true.
Buh, d power of Sendo's infrared those days was unbeatable.
Even till 2mao.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by vinceyinnovation: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Where in the world was the apple phones during those days...
Indeed the beautiful ones had not yet been born.
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by legendsilver(m): 2:09pm On Jul 19, 2016
Meet my Nokia 1200
Qualities:
1) long battery life
2) Good mouthpiece
3) Good earpiece

Smiles

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
Sugarcious:
Good point!
That is why it is always good to stay humble and avoid pride...
I still remember when some people in my neighborhood had these phones about 3 of them. That was when SIM CARD was about 30k. I was very young then. Because she was holding an expensive phone (in those days), one woman became so proud of herself. She no dey even answer my mama greetings that time..now fast foward>>>>>>=Over 12years later, how many people are still using those phones? Even holding the phone in public can embrass the owner.
I no even sabi wey the yeye woman dey today.
My point is...everything in this world is temporary. No dey carry shoulder up like king kong because u carry iphone 6.
In the future, those phones will be like poo.

There is truth in what you are saying but let me ask how sure are u that's she is not using iPhone 6. What am saying is its possible she I still moving with the trend.in other words if u see her and greet her she still would not answer you. grin grin
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by feldido(m): 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
misterchris:

Pure gold?

YEAH, pure 24karat premium Gold
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by puhleeze(m): 2:42pm On Jul 19, 2016
Nostalgia.... Remembered the phones i used
Motorola talkabout
Nokia 3310
Nokia 5110
Nokia 6310
Nokia 8890
Nokia 1110
Nokia 6820
sony J70
Nokia 8800 Sirocco (Very Classy Phone )
Nokia 7330
Motorola startac
Motorola v60
Nec e616
blackberry 8800
blackberry tour 9630
blackberry Bold 9700
Samsung Galaxy Grand GT-I9082 Duos
Sony Xperia Z

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by puhleeze(m): 2:44pm On Jul 19, 2016
more

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by masks(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
Still got a very neat and clean 3310 till date. Phones very reliable....lol!
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by skywalker240(m): 3:47pm On Jul 19, 2016
of all the phones i used back then my sony ericksson was the best...it was my digital cam and my mp3 player..still miss sony ericsson K750i till now..(8

OP why u no put BIRD join ur list sef?....
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
The first person to use a cellphone in Nigeria was an igbo guy.

His mates in the south were busy swallowing Amala and ewedu and his mates in the north were busy making some bombs
and the richest in the nation and even africa are from the north and south-west tongue
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by francotunsco: 5:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
Great compilation! Thumbs up Op!
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by moonraker(m): 5:22pm On Jul 19, 2016
need i say more

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by SaintUlot: 1:11am On Jul 20, 2016
Make money working from home just like me, check my signature
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 21, 2016
koboko69:

I find am tire too o. No samsung tru i. Samsung. Free i too. Those scams.

I remember is it polyphonic ring tone?

Or Sagem X5 that allows us to record our favourite songs and we use as ring tones grin

What of Motorola L6 and L7 the non flip version of V3 and v3i.

This tabs and phones this days cant beat music from some of those phone speakers then.

Nokia N97 nko, N90. All those phones almost 100k then.

Things don change. Sha.

My brother you sabi
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by TundeSalamu(m): 2:15pm On Jul 21, 2016
supereagle:
Techno control the market now.

Yes. They really are. Especially among chinese OEMs
Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by mikron(m): 12:06am On Jul 23, 2016
Zoharariel:
OP - Where's “Samsung C-100”? My 1st phone ever? grin cheesy grin
that was my first camera phone. bought it 30k then during COJA 2003

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Vintage Phones That Shook The Nigerian GSM market - (pics) by jimcaddy(m): 1:55am On Oct 22, 2022
Omo this thread brings back nostalgic memories of the early 2000s. Omo Nigerians used phones like mad. Those companies used us to hammer ehn from Nokia to Samsung to Trium to Siemens to Sagem to Motorola. But now Samsung is still the one reigning with Nokia who almost collapsed with that nonsense deal with Microsoft. Then many Nigerians raised shoulder pad that they were using big phones as at then. Now all this is vanity. Same way the era of Blackberry came and went. This life eh, nothing lasts forever oh.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Which Of These Do You Hate Most When Chatting? / You Can Now Add Sticker On Whatsapp Status Posts On Android: See How To Apply / Social Media Is Ruining Your Life (I Quit)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.