Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,342 members, 7,808,206 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

A Silver Lining - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Silver Lining (384 Views)

SILVER / Gold Digger Or Silver Digger / A Silver Lining (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Silver Lining by DopeyNickz(m): 8:45am On Jul 19, 2016
I sat down quietly on the wooden bench. It was an empty one, far away from the busy section of the park, a deliberate decision. It was my first time there. I watched the kids play with kites and paper planes. Some were dangling to and fro on the swing. Two toddlers were trying to seesaw on the paint-ridden metal cantilever, their moms helping them balance. They giggled and exposed their fallen front teeth. Life could never be full of sadness, I told myself. Somehow, their joy almost lit up a candle in my dense soul. My stare drifted to the teenage girls in skimpy skirts, taking turns to skip ropes. Their dexterity caught my attention; perfect timing, sufficient clearance–it was admirable. But my attention couldn’t be caught up so long. The memories I wanted to burry were difficult to trick with flimsy distractions. My heart was in plague, it was drowning me. I could feel the heaviness rising, taking the form of invisibility. Life couldn’t be full of sadness, I tried to believe.

I looked again in the direction of the seesaw kids. They were gone, now seated with their parents and family on the tender meadow, forming a circle round baskets of food and fruits. I saw joy in their laugher, I saw happiness. Life couldn’t be full of sadness, I wanted to believe.
“Hello, that’s my usual seat,” a voice from behind said. There was something about it– there was everything about it. It carried a note of tenderness and innocence. Being compelled to behold the bearer, I turned...

Continued@ http://gistcreek..com.ng/2016/07/a-silver-lining-by-nickz.html?m=1

(1) (Reply)

Commonwealth Legal Education Association (CLEA) Commonwealth Law Students Essay / Have You Heard That Campusbuzz Is Looking For A Content Marketing Partner? / Vector The Wordsmith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.