Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,880 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:08 AM

Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... (555 Views)

Top 3 Forums For Wap And Webmasters / Developers And Webmasters, How Do You Make Your Purchases Online? / All Bloggers and Webmasters need this tool on their sites - (very Important) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 19, 2016
I want to start a domain name business. I want to start small. However after doing my research i discovered dat expired domains are the best way to go but they are costly. Except for seemingly useless domain names, the good ones i saw at www.expireddomains.net were not budget friendly for me. I have tot up some good domain names that i think would sell and are not yet registered. I dnt want to make millions from dem, i just want to earn little profit but not below $50 or $40. Domain gurus and webmasters in the house pls do u think this is a good place to start(hand-registered domains) or should i go for expired domains. Ur candid opinions...
Re: Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... by bedfordng(m): 4:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ebuka2016:
I want to start a domain name business. I want to start small. However after doing my research i discovered dat expired domains are the best way to go but they are costly. Except for seemingly useless domain names, the good ones i saw at www.expireddomains.net were not budget friendly for me. I have tot up some good domain names that i think would sell and are not yet registered. I dnt want to make millions from dem, i just want to earn little profit but not below $50 or $40. Domain gurus and webmasters in the house pls do u think this is a good place to start(hand-registered domains) or should i go for expired domains. Pls ur candid opinions
learning is a process, so do more research. you can do both
Re: Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
i hv done a thorough research but u can teach me am still a novice maybe u knw smthing i dnt knw
Re: Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... by hostkobo(m): 7:00pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ebuka2016:
I want to start a domain name business. I want to start small. However after doing my research i discovered dat expired domains are the best way to go but they are costly. Except for seemingly useless domain names, the good ones i saw at www.expireddomains.net were not budget friendly for me. I have tot up some good domain names that i think would sell and are not yet registered. I dnt want to make millions from dem, i just want to earn little profit but not below $50 or $40. Domain gurus and webmasters in the house pls do u think this is a good place to start(hand-registered domains) or should i go for expired domains. Pls ur candid opinions

Dear Ebuka,

You are on the right path with:
I want to start a domain name business. I want to start small.
In fact, thats all you need.

Yes, Domaining is a good business and I would advise you to go for it. It needs patience, as in, a llllllllllllloooooooooooooooottttttttttt of patience. Its not a get rich quick scheme as it might appear. Its so easy to think of a business where you register a $10 domain tomorrow and someone buys it at $1000 next week.

It kinda looks 419ish, and very appealing to Nigerian mentality - considering that all that the domain owner did is register the domain and wait for a buyer. The question you would ask is, why couldnt the buyer have bought it first. The reason is because he is also patient - thinking: should I buy it or not? what is my most profitable expenditure? what value will the domain add to me? etc

Rather than looking for budget friendly domains, why not think of how much you want to invest - putting it in mind that your investment will either become a plus or minus, a gain or a loss. If you are not interested in loosing, you better dont start the domaining game, or any kind of game at all.

It is like a race of 20-people with all of them knowing that only one can come first. Definitely the 2nd to last persons wont kill themselves over a loss. They will train and compete better next time. You must be able to stomach a loss, it is a gamble. This doesnt mean that you should jump without thinking.

Better still, rather than cracking your brain about a $10 domain you would register and sell for $1000 next week, why not ask yourself this question: before someone buys a domain from you at a high price / whatever price, this means the domain has value.

If an end-user bought a domain from you for $1000 - after you had parked it for about 1-year, you are happy that you have made a great sale, abi? When the buyer launches a product that fetches him $1000 per day, of what use is your $1000 that you made a year ago? So why not think of niche products you can market or something you can do with niche domains - rather than just buying it and sitting down, waiting for someone to come and buy.

Im not talking about selling free-ebooks that you didnt write or softwares that you didnt code, but something worthwhile, a project you would do and sit down with for the next 5-10-15years making cool money as an entrepreneur.

On the other hand, domaining involves reading and reading, learning from experts: why they are in the game, what is keeping them kicking. It also involves learning new technologies.

Im a domainer myself, and I was reading on a domaining forum recently where some guys were brainstorming on technologies 10-years away and what they could do with a domain name for "that technology". Now, thats awesome, isnt it? thinking today of 10-years in the future.

So you see the gap is wide, but we are all still pushing on.

Welcome to the domaining world.

regards
HK

1 Like

Re: Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jul 19, 2016
hostkobo:

Dear Ebuka,

You are on the right path with:
In fact, thats all you need.

Yes, Domaining is a good business and I would advise you to go for it. It needs patience, as in, a llllllllllllloooooooooooooooottttttttttt of patience. Its not a get rich quick scheme as it might appear. Its so easy to think of a business where you register a $10 domain tomorrow and someone buys it at $1000 next week.

It kinda looks 419ish, and very appealing to Nigerian mentality - considering that all that the domain owner did is register the domain and wait for a buyer. The question you would ask is, why couldnt the buyer have bought it first. The reason is because he is also patient - thinking: should I buy it or not? what is my most profitable expenditure? what value will the domain add to me? etc

Rather than looking for budget friendly domains, why not think of how much you want to invest - putting it in mind that your investment will either become a plus or minus, a gain or a loss. If you are not interested in loosing, you better dont start the domaining game, or any kind of game at all.

It is like a race of 20-people with all of them knowing that only one can come first. Definitely the 2nd to last persons wont kill themselves over a loss. They will train and compete better next time. You must be able to stomach a loss, it is a gamble. This doesnt mean that you should jump without thinking.

Better still, rather than cracking your brain about a $10 domain you would register and sell for $1000 next week, why not ask yourself this question: before someone buys a domain from you at a high price / whatever price, this means the domain has value.

If an end-user bought a domain from you for $1000 - after you had parked it for about 1-year, you are happy that you have made a great sale, abi? When the buyer launches a product that fetches him $1000 per day, of what use is your $1000 that you made a year ago? So why not think of niche products you can market or something you can do with niche domains - rather than just buying it and sitting down, waiting for someone to come and buy.

Im not talking about selling free-ebooks that you didnt write or softwares that you didnt code, but something worthwhile, a project you would do and sit down with for the next 5-10-15years making cool money as an entrepreneur.

On the other hand, domaining involves reading and reading, learning from experts: why they are in the game, what is keeping them kicking. It also involves learning new technologies.

Im a domainer myself, and I was reading on a domaining forum recently where some guys were brainstorming on technologies 10-years away and what they could do with a domain name for "that technology". Now, thats awesome, isnt it? thinking today of 10-years in the future.

So you see the gap is wide, but we are all still pushing on.

Welcome to the domaining world.

regards
HK
I sent u a pm sir!
Re: Domain Gurus And Webmasters In The House, Ur Candid Opinions... by hostkobo(m): 3:20am On Jul 20, 2016
Ebuka2016:

I sent u a pm sir!

Hi,

replied you

regards
HK

(1) (Reply)

I Will Write Original web content for your blog/website + Extras Services / Non Hosted Google Adsense Available For Sale / Admin Needed!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.