Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,774 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:42 PM

ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria (12727 Views)

ASUU To Resume Indefinite Strike On Monday / ASUU Strike: Prostitution Will Increase Among Female Students– Sex Workers To FG / ASUU To Begin Strike 2nd Of October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by breakeven: 12:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:
Jonathan decided to allow freedom of speech and political expressions to thrive in other to bring peace and encourage democracy and yet, some people were angry with him for not demonstrating autocracy and despotism.
Yes for this good gesture they called him clueless. Now they know GEJ was working. Now with all their cry the dullard is not even hearing them not to talk of solving the nations problems.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Charly68: 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:
Buhari is a pachyderm, so don't expect him to listen to you, Especially now that he is surrounded by sycophants that are seasoned in lauding him in his failures and insensitivity. Only few people are affected by the economic recession indeed.
Buhari is a Pachyderm..What a lexicon ! Thanks for the word sir/ma
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by breakeven: 12:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
GHEN GHEN!! I FORSEE A STRIKE ACTION FROM ASUU VERY SOON
They wont try it they are cowards. Not with a yoluba at the helm of affairs in ASUU. GEJ who allowed freedom in a democracy was called the clueless one
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Mimisboygreat: 12:43pm On Jul 19, 2016
breakeven:

They wont try it they are cowards. Not with a yoluba at the helm of affairs in ASUU. GEJ who allowed freedom in a democracy was called the clueless one
LOL... MAKE DEM NO TRY AM O
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by dahmie2013: 12:51pm On Jul 19, 2016
ASUU, u're saying JAMB isn't credible, however post ume shundt be scrapped, why are u even using it @ all in ur selectn process? I thut u ppl were supposedly fighting 4 d sanctity of our educatnal system. U ppl are suppose 2 be solutn providers & not creating problems, y not proffer solutns on how JAMB can be credible so it can be relied on? I believe dat is what d govt is doing by first scrapping post ume, so dere will be more attentn on how 2 make JAMB a better exam body.
U're giving me d impression dat cos of d ban, u won't make as much money as u used 2.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Folzye(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
dahmie2013:
ASUU, u're saying JAMB isn't credible, however post ume shundt be scrapped, why are u even using it @ all in ur selectn process? I thut u ppl were supposedly fighting 4 d sanctity of our educatnal system. U ppl are suppose 2 be solutn providers & not creating problems, y not proffer solutns on how JAMB can be credible so it can be relied on? I believe dat is what d govt is doing by first scrapping post ume, so dere will be more attentn on how 2 make JAMB a better exam body.
U're giving me d impression dat cos of d ban, u won't make as much money as u used 2.

Don't mind the corrupt ASSU family.. They are all thieves making noise becos their mode of extorting poor candidates is about to be blocked.... Shey na buhari dey go on selfish strike, lecture and fail students? Nonsense ppl

1 Like

Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by breakeven: 1:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
Bolustic:

Bros, no vex,
Reason with your head and not mouth. ASUU is blaming the FG for reneging on various MOUs since 2009-2015 in which your Hero, Looter-in-Chief, GEJ was Vice President, Acting President and President throughout. This government is just over a year and were never part of the agreements, though it is still binding on them.

ASUU on the other hand can't claim to be above boards, both parties are to blame but more on FG
keep shut. Government is a continium. The dullard must inherit everything left behind by previous government and fix them. was it GEJ that invented corruption in Nigeria. We all know the chief inventor of corruption in Nigeria.
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
Charly68:
Buhari is a Pachyderm..What a lexicon ! Thanks for the word sir/ma
to God be the Glory smiley .
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by nevilbot: 1:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:

How can you impose an unsolicited educational policy without consulting and deliberating with the major stakeholders in the field? this autocratic FG has reduced our civil servants to mere peasants in the society.

My question to u plz is who did the universities consult in the ist place when they started post utme back then? Did any law back up the practice of putme?

Unis just woke up and started it to make money and we became cool with in cus we are used to lawlessness. When some of us entered uni , it was only jamb and jamb then had credibility so if no one was consulted to start it, I see no reason y anyone will be consulted to scrap it.
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by robosky02(m): 1:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:
Buhari is a pachyderm, so don't expect him to listen to you, Especially now that he is surrounded by sycophants that are seasoned in lauding him in his failures and insensitivity. Only few people are affected by the economic recession indeed.

pachyderm: noun: pachyderm; plural noun: pachyderms

a very large mammal with thick skin, especially an elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus.

ok
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by nonjebose(m): 1:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
nevilbot:

My question to u plz is who did the universities consult in the ist place when they started post utme back then? Did any law back up the practice of putme?

Unis just woke up and started it to make money and we became cool with in cus we are used to lawlessness. When some of us entered uni , it was only jamb and jamb then had credibility so if no one was consulted to start it, I see no reason y anyone will be consulted to scrap it.
C'est fini!
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
robosky02:

pachyderm: noun: pachyderm; plural noun: pachyderms

a very large mammal with thick skin, especially an elephant, rhinoceros, or hippopotamus.

ok
Hilarious. Yes, that is the literal/denotative meaning. it is a polysemous word, thus it possess a figurative/connotative meaning:
idiomatic)A person that is not affected by (does not care about) what others say about him or her.

5.(idiomatic)Someone who is insensitive.

Check here for substantiation: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/pachyderm?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2143750505 .
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by breakeven: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:
Hilarious. Yes, that is the literal/denotative meaning. it is a polysemous word, thus it possess a figurative/connotative meaning:
idiomatic)A person that is not affected by (does not care about) what others say about him or her.

5.(idiomatic)Someone who is insensitive.

Check here for substantiation: https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/pachyderm?_e_pi_=7%2CPAGE_ID10%2C2143750505 .
Three Gbosaaa for our presido. I am not surprised or even disapointed. He is a fulani man.
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2016
nevilbot:

The university sensed that Jamb was no longer a credible means assessing aspirants, so they adopted the postume mechanism for optimal appraisal of aspirants. And besides there is need to abate the number of those to secure admission into universities because the available slots in public universities(especially first generation varsities) are very limited when compared to the myriad and infinite number of aspirants or applicants.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by princeakins(m): 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
I PRAY O... I DON'T WANT TO EXPERIENCE STRIKE UNTIL I GRAD

Lol.. They wont. B sure of am hitchfree year
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:04pm On Jul 19, 2016
THUNDER Go fire ASUU there.. They just reminded me how they made me spent more years in school. Useless association.
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by vRendoh(m): 2:07pm On Jul 19, 2016
smiley
Association of mad people will soon bring their list of the amounts the federal government is owing them. Shuoo ! Federal Government is owing everybody billions of naira. Where all these monies! Ani na steal government wan steal
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by nevilbot: 2:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:
The university sensed that Jamb was no longer a credible means assessing aspirants, so they adopted the postume mechanism for optimal appraisal of aspirants. And besides there is need to abate the number of those to secure admission into universities because the available slots in public universities(especially first generation varsities) are very limited when compared to the myriad and infinite number of aspirants or applicants.

I disagree with u sir on d credibility of jamb back in d days wen dia was no putme. To pass jamb then was like going thru d needle eye. If u scored 200 then sef na to do thanksgiving service. Jamb was the hardest and strictest exam known to Nigerian school cert leavers then only for putme to come and mess it all up. Putme came abt not to rectify any jamb inadequacies but to serve as means for extra income for unis.

Take for instance, some unis will sell putme form for students who picked them as second choice, allow dem sit for exam only to refuse to release dia scores claiming dey are not admitting second choice pickers. This is sumtin dey won't say before selling d forms oo. Lautech does dis very well.

It was also after d advent of putme that unis started admitting ridiculous nos of students more than dia capacity, they use the cover of d exam to pack everyone into d schools. Lsutech again is an example here. Wen it was only jamb, admission was very restricted to wat facilities dey had.

Also the standard of jamb even went down with d advent of putme cus na den we begin to hear of ridiculous jamb scores that students could not defend. So all your reasons dont hold water to me. Its actuslly d opposite. Scraping of putme is good radiance to bad rubbish
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Mimisboygreat: 2:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
princeakins:

Lol.. They wont. B sure of am hitchfree year
I PRAY O
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jul 19, 2016
nevilbot:

I disagree with u sir on d credibility of jamb back in d days wen dia was no putme. To pass jamb then was like going thru d needle eye. If u scored 200 then sef na to do thanksgiving service. Jamb was the hardest and strictest exam known to Nigerian school cert leavers then only for putme to come and mess it all up. Putme came abt not to rectify any jamb inadequacies but to serve as means for extra income for unis.

Take for instance, some unis will sell putme form for students who picked them as second choice, allow dem sit for exam only to refuse to release dia scores claiming dey are not admitting second choice pickers. This is sumtin dey won't say before selling d forms oo. Lautech does dis very well.

It was also after d advent of putme that unis started admitting ridiculous nos of students more than dia capacity, they use the cover of d exam to pack everyone into d schools. Lsutech again is an example here. Wen it was only jamb, admission was very restricted to wat facilities dey had.

Also the standard of jamb even went down with d advent of putme cus na den we begin to hear of ridiculous jamb scores that students could not defend. So all your reasons dont hold water to me. Its actuslly d opposite. Scraping of putme is good radiance to bad rubbish
Sir, We are no longer living in your neolithic period of admission. I am student of University of Benin so I am cognizant about how the current system is trending.

It is an inconfutable fact now that since the introduction of CBT many students are now recording enormous scores like 250 and above, and as it stands now. Post Ume remains an ideal appraisal of aspirants.

And also, Post ume should be more encouraged now, because the present govt is immensely reducing the pecuniary allocations to these varsities. And it seems the fund generated from post ume exercise are the only means of obtaining sufficient funds for the maintenance and development of the school's capital projects, procurement of facilities, organising seminars and inaugural colloquiums and so on, because this govt is not projecting any motivational incentive.

I understand that there may be graft and malfeasant practices, but sometimes you make a choice if the advantage exceeds the disadvantage.
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by ADEMOSU(m): 3:32pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:

How can you impose an unsolicited educational policy without consulting and deliberating with the major stakeholders in the field? this autocratic FG has reduced our civil servants to mere peasants in the society.

What value has post JAMB added to quality education ? overtime its been outcry that standard has fallen . Has the post JAMB fixed it or restore the standard ?

For ASU they have done worse than the government liken them to NMA .
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by OllieJackline(f): 4:12pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:
only few? I doubt cos majority are suffering
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jul 19, 2016
OllieJackline:
only few? I doubt cos majority are suffering
It was a sarcastic statement, quoted from the words of Adesina wink .
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Akjr(m): 6:05pm On Jul 19, 2016
ASSU are thieves.. Just for dem to gain wit d seeln of d forms.. Shebi JAMB registrar has conclude dat money should be paid after giving student admission if atall dere shld b charges... Assu jst dei confuse students. FG sticks to one opinion n schools r just swinging like a pendulum. Confused
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Living4christ(m): 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
WHen u have an education minister with OND what do you expect
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by DonMekino(m): 7:21pm On Jul 19, 2016
problem is dat any exam in Nigeria ranging from waec..NECO....jamb are always riddled with malpractices and irregularities.... a typical Nigerian sec sch(not all) are always looking for expo....many websites advertise expo answers... NECO is d worst sef...papers leak every time... jamb keep on repeating past questions during exam...we really need to go bak to d drawing board (if there is anything like dat)....postume isn't really bad....but I thin universities should be left to knw their modalities for admission...

1 Like

Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by greatcrown: 8:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
I knew from onset that their grievances were based on the proposed scraping of post UTME . Tell me of what relevance is post UTME other than extortion of admission seekers.

In my opinion, Nigerian lecturers are worse than politicians. Mind u they have been accused and found guilty of the crime politicians have committed in Nigeria.

When I gained university admission years back, acceptance fee was zero naira.

Before u knew it vice Chancellors met and they decided to charge various sum as acceptance fees; quite absurd. It gets so bad that people pay as much as 50k as acceptance fees.

If u need to raise money, are u not supposed to be sensible with it?

I agree that the educational sector require urgent funding and there is a way not to go about it and obviously the presidency has done what needed to be done in that area.
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by OllieJackline(f): 8:39pm On Jul 19, 2016
blueto:
It was a sarcastic statement, quoted from the words of Adesina wink .
Lol
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Anthony496(m): 9:11pm On Jul 19, 2016
Na nigeria and their stupid mentality ona go send ona children go aroad were no post utme no the exist come the cos confusion for naija if ona believe student that enter univ without utme are not good enough why ona children. No come school for
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by Snowizzy1: 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
For goodness sake, how would the FG ever consider removal of post Utme not to even talk about the FG not consulting the appropriate bodies? We all know how jamb examination can be porous and results arranged, especially when it is written at the comfort of ur state or home environment. But post Utme further helps to reduce the chances of dullards gaining admission even after cheating in Jamm. First, they decided to scrap CBT for jambites and I asked, how come a senior secondary school graduate does not know how to hold a "Mouse" or even put on a computer? Is this govt taking us forward or backward? Sentiments apart, these steps taken by our leaders are not helping our students learn. Conclusion: I think it's a deliberate act by the FG to frustrate the education system and also to systematically make it very easy for Educationally backward regions to easily gain admission into the Nigerian unversities( Garbage in Garbage out). FG pls Don't scrap post Utme, these are checks put in place to help our education system!
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by VajanahDischaj(f): 10:15pm On Jul 19, 2016
shameless ASUU behaving like APC members!the greedy 4ks should take responsibility. why is it hard to retrieve even common transcripts after school? make I no even start.

thief thief ASUU members, forever poor like the NPF!
Re: ASUU To FG: You’re Responsible For Education Backwardness In Nigeria by obainosis4real: 11:57pm On Jul 19, 2016
Mimisboygreat:
GHEN GHEN!! I FORSEE A STRIKE ACTION FROM ASUU VERY SOON
pls don't forsee anytin oooo cus bubu will b completely deaf at dat...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria Has The Highest Number Of Out-of-school Children In The World / Apply For Dr Alex Ekwueme Scholarship For Nigerian Students / Humble Advice To Nigerian Students, Pls, Pls Read!!!...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.