Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,449 members, 7,808,604 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH (24984 Views)

Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face / Michelle Obama And Melania Trump Pose Together Ahead Of Trump's Inauguration / Funny Memes Of Melanie Trump Stealing Mitchell Obama's Speech (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by sanyahkod(m): 12:40pm On Jul 19, 2016
Melania Trump – until now only a minor presence on the campaign trail – found herself in the midst of an embarrassing plagiarism controversy Tuesday after a prime-time defense of her husband Donald that appeared to be lifted in part from a speech given by Michelle Obama.

No sooner had the poised, 46-year-old former model delivered her speech to cheering delegates at the Republican National Convention than the unmistakeable similarities to a passage from Obama’s speech to the 2008 Democratic convention came to light.

In both passages, the women are introducing themselves to the American public by speaking of the values that have shaped their lives.

“My parents impressed on me the values: that you work hard for what you want in life. That your word is your bond and you do what you say and keep your promise. That you treat people with respect. They taught me to show the values and morals in my daily life. That is the lesson that I continue to pass along to our son,” Melania Trump said.

“And we need to pass those lessons on to the many generations to follow. Because we want our children in this nation to know that the only limit to your achievements is the strength of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

In her speech, Michelle Obama said, “And Barack and I were raised with so many of the same values: that you work hard for what you want in life; that your word is your bond and you do what you say you’re going to do; that you treat people with dignity and respect, even if you don’t know them, and even if you don’t agree with them.

“And Barack and I set out to build lives guided by these values, and pass them on to the next generation. Because we want our children – and all children in this nation – to know that the only limit to the height of your achievements is the reach of your dreams and your willingness to work for them.”

“Fragments”

Trump’s senior communications adviser, Jason Miller, issued a statement that sidestepped the plagiarism question while not denying it.

“In writing her beautiful speech, Melania’s team of writers took notes on her life’s inspirations, and in some instances included fragments that reflected her own thinking,” he said. “Melania’s immigrant experience and love for America shone through in her speech, which made it such a success.”

The speech was the highlight of a chaotic opening day of a Republican convention that is set to formally nominate her husband as the party’s presidential candidate later this week.

A beaming Trump personally introduced his glamorous, European-born wife to the cheering delegates gathered in Cleveland, breaking with tradition by appearing before his actual nomination.

“It was truly an honor to introduce my wife, Melania. Her speech and demeanor were absolutely incredible. Very proud!” the billionaire tweeted afterwards.

http://punchng.com/trumps-wife-accused-plagiarising-michele-obamas-speech/
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by anonymous6(f): 12:52pm On Jul 19, 2016
yup she plagiarizes a speech of the first lady of a president that Donald Trump hates lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1HL_GLf8QE

9 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by sainty2k3(m): 12:56pm On Jul 19, 2016
my guess. this is intentional , we all know Trump likes to stay in the news, either good or bad. that increases is popularity, even his opponent can't stop talking about him .

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by balancediet(m): 6:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
Yahoo tagged it "an unforgivable sin". *the poster above me, i doubt it was a deliberate attempt*. truth is it is difficult to find the likes of Obama and Michelle. So when you want to take over from a good leader then you entering a really big shoe its not a job you just wake up, do make up and take because if you do, these bashing are what you get. America is on the worlds view.

50 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by veekid(m): 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
I don't know the kinda comment I ll post on this
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by collinsJn(m): 6:27pm On Jul 19, 2016
Cool
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by onismate: 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
I don't think it's intentional. But the person who wrote the speech for her should be sanctioned. Melania should start writing her own speech

5 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by anny268(f): 6:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
It's obvious that Trump and his wife have nothing good to offer Americans... They can't even construct a simple speech of their own.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by generaliy07(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Lol
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Adefemiaderoju1: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Trump all the way

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by AntiWailer: 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Trump is a fraudster.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by fratermathy(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Trump: On the news for wrong reasons...

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by dljbd1(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
THis is fr**king embarrassing and funny grin

12 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by shamecurls(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Feel like eating Fufu with Okro soup

#TeamOkroSoup

11 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nasri100(m): 6:29pm On Jul 19, 2016
Me and Mrs Trump need a face to face cheesy

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
shocked
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by COvo(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
Olodo.
They just wrote for her and she just swallowed everything

10 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by harizonal123(m): 6:30pm On Jul 19, 2016
A good example of copy & paste as practiced in naija universities . Abegi, fire the speech writer

13 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
Many will quote me for my predictions but I will definitely refer to it after America's November elections.

Trump is America's next President.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by EmmaOgbu(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hmm

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by mdokaba1(m): 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
Could not stop laughing when I first listened to it on Coofm Kano' s Good Morning Nigeria show this Morning.
its a clear Case of plagiarism .
Thingy is Trump' s wife does not sound intelligent to me as Compared to Obama's. You can't be an American first lady with a shaky voice .

4 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Badgers14: 6:33pm On Jul 19, 2016
Trump and his team are just taking their followers for a ride... In fact, Trump is selling his global brand and not really campaigning for presidency... grin grin

Although, I don't plan on voting for either Trump or Clinton, I might just write my name where it says "other" on the ballot cool... But

Clinton will embarrass Trump in Nov, why
Trump is the only person I have know in the business world to file for bankruptcy multiple times and still a billionaire grin what does that mean? He is a good businessman....
On the other hand, Clinton have been in the political arena for a while from Governors house, to white house, to senate floor to Secretary of State, what does that tell you ? She is a seasoned politician and knows her way around the system and since both Trump and Clinton are both playing in political turf, Clinton have an upper hand.

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by feran15(m): 6:34pm On Jul 19, 2016
With all their money, they cannot hire someone to at least write a speech.

This election just sounds like a joke to me

3 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Originality007: 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
B
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by taiyesoul(f): 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
Hilarious

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by stainlex(m): 6:35pm On Jul 19, 2016
They were match-made in heaven. Lmsao
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by emmaeko1989: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
is her speech copyrighted? ,abeg talk another thing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
Lying husband and wife

1 Like

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:36pm On Jul 19, 2016
Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by GudluckIBB(m): 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
fratermathy:
Trump: On the news for wrong reasons...

Like fayose,

BTW: its not On the News its In the News.

Your English teacher needed to be crucified

4 Likes

Re: Melania Trump Plagiarised Michelle Obama's Speech - PUNCH by Nobody: 6:37pm On Jul 19, 2016
Nigerians won't face their problems. wink

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nelson Mandela Was On US Terrorist Watch-List Until 2008 / Story Of Gnassingbe Eyadema, The Dictator Whose Family Ruled Togo For 50 Years / Rwanda’s Paul Kagame Wants A 4th Term

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.