Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,351 members, 7,780,946 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 06:05 AM

The Devil has the money ( A Novel) - Literature (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Devil has the money ( A Novel) (74118 Views)

The Devil In The Suit / The Devil Wears Okrika / The Devil Who Loved Me (true Life Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Olaitan3784(f): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2016
Love this story, especially the different cultures of the Togolese that was talked about.
Kudos to the writer. More knowledge to you
bibijay123:

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2016
Olaitan3784:
Love this story, especially the different cultures of the Togolese that was talked about.
Kudos to the writer. More knowledge to you

Thank you
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by pmc01(m): 5:54pm On Jul 26, 2016
Kudos Ma'am. Very lovely piece.

Do I have your permission to share within my friends' circle pleeeeeease? Of course, all the credits remain yours. So, may I? Please say yes, please.

Kudos to all those who kept the thread alive.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 6:14pm On Jul 26, 2016
pmc01:
Kudos Ma'am. Very lovely piece.

Do I have your permission to share within my friends' circle pleeeeeease? Of course, all the credits remain yours. So, may I? Please say yes, please.

Kudos to all those who kept the thread alive.

Hello bro. You may share it. I appreciate you asking me first. Thanks!
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Olivers2J(f): 6:47pm On Jul 26, 2016
I must confess u had me (tearly eyes), Babe if there's anything lyk an award i will gladly vote 4 this ur script. it cut across all sphere of life politics love war culture jst name it. i wonder why it's not generating much traffic anywy God bless u 4 keeping me entertained with intelligent script lyk this

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 7:08pm On Jul 26, 2016
Been following this trend like Shadow. Good work bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by lucasnas(m): 7:21pm On Jul 26, 2016
and be waiting 4 d next post as if my l life depend on it ......Good work dear

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 8:09pm On Jul 26, 2016
* Continues*

" Ama We are here" I nudged her awake.

She blinked her eyes open and smiled at me " Wow! Lome at last! God bless Togo" she said alighting out of the bus.

The journey was peaceful and uneventful. The driver drove at a slow pace and since most of the passengers were middle age they didn't complain. Lome is a beautiful city, i had heard about her beauty but i was stunned at the sight of the beautiful street lights and the tall skyscrapers. People were going up and down, Ama and i stood on the boulevard of Lome looking like a couple of lost kids. The unspoken question hung heavily in the air between us ' Where to'?

" Are we going to stand here all day?" Ama asked.

" let's look for a cheap hotel"

" Hotel! No way am going to a hotel!"

I laughed at her naivety until tears rolled down my cheeks " Seriously Ama! where would we sleep if not in a hotel?"

" But......but..... that's where Hampo ( Slang for hoe/ LovePeddler) stay."

" No! They stay in brothels and guest houses" What do i know myself about where they stay, i only said that to change her mind. " Come on "

We moved along the streets, searching for a cheap hotel, we walked like what seem like an eternity to us.

" Hey Frere (bro) " A young boy called out to us. " Are you lost?"

We ignored him and kept walking. I looked back and saw him in a heated argument with two older guys. They ran and caught up with us.

" Hey we know you are lost" The older of the trio said. " We have been seeing the two of you going round in circles."

We ignored them and kept walking.

" Usually we try to help just to pick pockets" he continued.

" What's stopping you this time" I said in my meanest voice.

" I don't know. Am king, this is lion." He pointed to the smaller boy. " This is Tiger" he said pointing at the third boy.

" Just point us to where we can get a cheap hotel and leave us the hell alone!" I barked at him.

The trio burst into laughter.

" Only rich men sleep in hotels" Lion said.

" Or rich couple " Tiger chipped in.

" We only trying to help bro, come this way" King said.

The trio led us to a slum street. They told one bady joke after the other laughing at the top of their voices. The boys left us at the entrance of the hotel promising to check up on us the next day. Ama and i sighed in relief, happy to be rid of the urchins. We paid for a little room with a tiny bathroom and water closet. Ama used the bathroom first while i went to buy us fried yam with peppered chicken. Later that night, we laid on the cosy little bed in each other ' s arms. Absently my hands caressed Ama ' s body, i leaned in and kiss her on the lips, she opened her mouth a little and our tongue met and danced. This was a first for the both of us.

" I should sleep on the floor" I heard myself say.

" Afraid of ravishing me?" She laughed.

" Ama....." My voice was thick with lust.

" Kojo you worry too much. I trust you. We would sleep on the same bed "

I wasn't sure if i trusted myself but i knew i won't ever do anything to harm her.

" Hey rich couple!"

Someone knocked loudly on our door. I got up and opened the door, the three boys strolled into the room as if they had paid for it. King sat on the edge of the bed while Lion and Tiger sprawled on the floor. I groaned in frustration.

" Where is your wife " Lion asked.

" what do you want?" I shouted at them.

" Easy bro ". King said. " We only being friendly"

Ama came out of the bathroom, a towel tied around her chest to her knee " Morning boys, thanks for yesterday"

They all gawked at her and stammered out greetings to her, i shoved them out, i locked the door and waited with them outside until Ama called us back in.

" You know guys we appreciate your help but we would also appreciate it if you stay away from us " I said. " Forever!"

" You are new here, you need friends" Tiger said.

" Yes friends like us " lion seconded.

King went out and came back with Plates of pack rice and salad. During the meal, i asked them about their real names, families and background. King now 18, ran away from at home 13. Lion and Tiger only 14 years old grew up on the streets. Somehow i felt kinship with the homeless trio. King and i had something in common: ' Our love of money' . They told me they were also business partners and i could join the business if i wanted. They treated Ama with respect and kept to themselves whenever she was in the same vicinity as them.

I was reluctant to partner with them but our money was slowly running out, i had no other choice than to partner with them. We would wear our best clothes and go to the beaches where we pick the pockets of rich tourist. King reassured me the tourists were too rich to care about the little we took from them. King would brag about making it big and recruiting talented " fingers" who would operate his ' business' . I shared my dreams of seeking out the devil to collect wealth from him but he laughed it off saying " Seeking out the devil is too long a process."

TBC

13 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Mom007(f): 8:29pm On Jul 26, 2016
Wow! Just wow!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2016
Mom007:
Wow! Just wow!
Wowalisation! cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Icemany: 9:41pm On Jul 26, 2016
Bibi this is better than Chimamandas works.
Waaaay better!
More ink to your pen!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 26, 2016
@bibijay123, your story kept me glued to my phone at the expense of my work! I've not had time to read any story beyond an episode lately, but your story line was so nice I couldn't stop till I read your last update.

I hope Kojo makes it big. Update, please.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Dazzlinggem(f): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
I can't believe I have been following this story since morning, I love the way you write. Keep it up Bibi.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by toboski1(m): 10:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
every episode was a hit *smiling* nice piece of writeup dear

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by SweetieConstie(f): 10:49pm On Jul 26, 2016
Nice one, ma'am... Thumbs up! cheesy I'm in love with this extremely fascinating story... More ink to your pen!

CC: Bibijay123

Following with keen interest... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:57pm On Jul 26, 2016
* Continues*

" Take this" King held out his palm. A gold circle condom was in it.

We were resting on the cool beach sand after a fruitful day. Lion had snatched a white man ' s bag which had contained a laptop and some other valuables. I was lucky to pick three fat purses myself. It was few days to Christmas, there were so many rich tourists at the beach during this time because of the yuletide. This is the most productive time for any pick pocket worth his salt. I wondered how i would get some money across to Pam. I wondered if she was alright, if she was being taken care of. I considered bringing her to Lome, but the path which i now walk is not conducive for a little girl. I was getting tired of picking pockets when i could be rolling in my own money. Some days were rough for us, most of the purses and wallets we pick sometimes would either be empty or contain some miserable amount.

One day i picked an old lady ' s purse, i watched from afar. She wailed and dropped to the ground in anguish. We hadn't eaten anything that day, Ama was also down with fever and the hotel was demanding that we pay up our bills. I Walked to her and handed back the purse. She thanked me profusely, explaining that her grand daughter ' s new inhaler was in the purse. She prayed for me and i left dejectedly. That night Ama suddenly became well, Lion and Tiger also snatched a whole bag filled with money and valuables. Who said there is no God?

" Why are you giving it to me?" the condom which he held out to me was in one of the purses we had picked earlier that day.

" It is time for you become a man" He said.

" Who said i am not a man?" I scoffed.

" You are not a man until you have laid with a woman! " King said proudly " I can teach you all you need to know if you want"

I snatched it out of his hand " What gives? " i asked the proud fool.

" It is obvious Frere ( bro). The way you look at Ama lustfully, how you stylisly adjust your trousers to hide your BIG Boss ( Manhood)." He laughed.

" What is taking Tiger and Lion so long?" I asked in a bid to change the topic.

" They must have gone to give their BIG BOSS some pleasure " he laughed. " Don't worry about them, they own the streets"

That night i turned out the lights earlier than usual. I kissed Ama on the neck, her lips, and she kissed me back. BIG BOSS was at attention now but i was so nervous. I brought out the condom from under the pillow where i had kept it. I tore it open and stared at it. I wished i had been attentive during biology classes. How do i wear this round rubber on my long BIG BoSS?

" Are you going to stare at it all night"?

I laughed nervously. " Can't you be romantic for once?"

" Sorry. If it will ease your mind, am nervous too. "

I dropped the condom on the bed and resumed kissing and smooching her. I picked up the condom again, trying to decipher how it works. I got fed up and threw it on the floor. Slowly i eased myself into her until i felt her maiden head give way. She shivered and held me tight. I told her i was sorry if it hurts, i told her i loved her and will be with her till the end of time. Afterwards we laid entwined in peaceful bliss. Life sure has its good sides.

End of Episode 5

TBC

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
candy:
@bibijay123, your story kept me glued to my phone at the expense of my work! I've not had time to read any story beyond an episode lately, but your story line was so nice I couldn't stop till I read your last update.

I hope Kojo makes it big. Update, please.

Awwe. Thanks babe
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:58pm On Jul 26, 2016
SweetieConstie:
Nice one, ma'am... Thumbs up! cheesy I'm in love with this extremely fascinating story... More ink to your pen!

Thank you babe

CC: Bibijay123

Thanks babe kiss

Following with keen interest... smiley

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:59pm On Jul 26, 2016
toboski1:
every episode was a hit *smiling* nice piece of writeup dear

Thank you
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 11:01pm On Jul 26, 2016
Dazzlinggem:
I can't believe I have been following this story since morning, I love the way you write. Keep it up Bibi.

Thank you babe kiss
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by vicdon(m): 11:44pm On Jul 26, 2016
bibijay123:

Thank you

Am still awake, reading ur post, had to go borrow my great grandpa's glasses, nice 1 bibi.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 12:13am On Jul 27, 2016
Episode 6

A Monkey 's wrench

" I don't know" I wiped sweat away from my brows. Although we were on the beach and the evening was cool i was sweating like a goat about to be slaughtered.

" How could you not know bro!" King shouted at me." You didn't follow my instructions? "

I looked away. The pompous ass, i bet he was gloating within himself. How could i have told him that i didn't know how to use something as simple as a condom. After that akward first day, Ama and i made love several times with no artificial barrier between us. I thought i was very careful not to spill my seed in her but life has a way of pulling a fast one on you. Lion and Tiger oblivious to my predicament were playing on the beach sand.

" I don't know how it happened king!"

" Well let me tell you exactly how it happened, lover boy got excited and decided ' What the heck?' " he said throwing an imaginary thing away. " and he forgot to take the champagne bottle out of the fridge before popping it."

I moved back and landed a punch square on his jaw. He staggered back and slammed his upper body into me knocking me to the ground. We rolled on the sand slugging each other. Lion and Tiger tried to separate us but they couldn't .Some guys pushed us apart asking what the problem was. They left muttering under their breath when we all remained mute.

" Is figthing the best way to settle differences?" Tiger asked.

" What happened to us being brothers forever? " Lion asked.

I walked away not looking back. It wasn't anybody's fault that i failed to protect my woman but does he have to rub it in? I was too proud to ask king to show me how to ' wear' a tiny condom. Instinctively, i always pulled out when i felt my release coming but some days i lose my head and pop it in. Damn! What a fine fix i have gotten us into. We having been making love for almost four weeks now begining from December,the previous year. I am sixteen years old now and i have just gotten my fifteen year old girl friend pregnant. What a way to start the new year.

I could hear Ama retching in the bathroom. My heart squeezed tightly, how could i have been so careless! The boys and i had made plans to go to Ghana. After the yuletide season, the beaches became deserted and pickings were no longer good.We heard Ghana is still bubbling and we had hoped to find our pots of gold there. King also mentioned that a powerful native man who is there could make wealth for us. What do i do with a pregnant girlfriend now? i thought selfishly and guilt washed all over me.

" You are back" Ama said coming out of the bathroom.

I forced a smile. " How are you princess?"

" Not okay " she sat beside me and laid her head against my cheek.

My Ama. What do i do now? " what is wrong? "

" Am scared Kojo."

I kissed her shoulders softly. "Don't be Cherie ( Sweetheart). I love you"
I lowered her to the bed and we drowned our worries in an ocean of passion.

TBC

Please like,share and comment.

17 Likes 9 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 12:14am On Jul 27, 2016
vicdon:

Am still awake, reading ur post, had to go borrow my great grandpa's glasses, nice 1 bibi.

Lool thanks. Please don't forget to return granpa ' s glasses o

1 Like

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 1:52am On Jul 27, 2016
this is seriously serious, from one trouble to another. hmm, is it not even better for Pam to be with them? how will they cope now... well done sis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by HolyTitus(m): 3:30am On Jul 27, 2016
Been an avid reader on NL for a very long time now; writers on NL always makes my comments superfluous because, no matter how hard I try, I always find it very hard to look for words/ sentence I could use to sauce these suave and talented writers for their great jobs. You guys have always made my time being here reading worth it. May Almighty God continue to enrich your world-class knowledge, Amen. Thank you

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Olivers2J(f): 6:15am On Jul 27, 2016
Chai! Pride goes b4 a fall, he (Kojo) shld'v enquired on how 2 use the condom than acting all knowing. Now the consequences is grievous

i love the passion in the story now it's abt time But babe u go sabi bedmatics Looooool gdmorning
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 27, 2016
So many reasons I like your work.
1. Your write out are short & well arranged.

2. You update didn't keep us in suspense.

3. Your lines are Unique.

Had it been I have you as my English teacher back then, I would have Graduated from one of the UK universities....... lolx

More grace to your elbow.
Keep the good work going.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by irumanle(m): 8:51am On Jul 27, 2016
Great work Bibi
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by Anugod(f): 9:05am On Jul 27, 2016
Hmmm...

See this Kojo o. He can't use his head and initiative abi? SMH for him. First, going on a quest to see the devil, and carrying along an extra 'baggage', and she no even dey follow them go find money o. Now oga Kojo don turn family man.
Hehehehe... Let's see how it goes sha.

Nice twist Bibi, I wasn't experring it cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 9:52am On Jul 27, 2016
femid1st:
So many reasons I like your work.
1. Your write out are short & well arranged.

2. You update didn't keep us in suspense.

3. Your lines are Unique.

Had it been I have you as my English teacher back then, I would have Graduated from one of the UK universities....... lolx

More grace to your elbow.
Keep the good work going.

Thanks, do u think it should be more suspense filled? Or i keep posting?
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:05am On Jul 27, 2016
irumanle:
Great work Bibi

Good morning bro. Thanks
Re: The Devil has the money ( A Novel) by bibijay123(f): 10:07am On Jul 27, 2016
Olivers2J:
Chai! Pride goes b4 a fall, he (Kojo) shld'v enquired on how 2 use the condom than acting all knowing. Now the consequences is grievous

i love the passion in the story now it's abt time But babe u go sabi bedmatics Looooool gdmorning

Loool @t bedmatics * in olamide s voice * it is a natural something o

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Medicine / Na Man Wey I Be: A Breaking Bad Story... / HANNAH 'S STORY ----***falling In Love Or Lust With My Neighbour ***----

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.