Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,406 members, 7,808,449 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? (7463 Views)

How To Unlock God's Call On Your Life / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD’S Word / 5 Most Dangerous Consequences Of Disobeying GOD'S Word (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by montanaguy(m): 4:03pm On Jul 19, 2016
I can't imagine myself becoming a Pastor, yet deep down in my heart without any doubt, I know that God is calling me to a service. I know this through my personal encounter with God. Nothing is working for me. I am not where I had wanted to be in life. Non of my plans for life is working. I keep having this feeling that all is not well with me because I ignored God's call. I stopped attending church in a bid to take my mind off from anything that has to do with God. That has not helped me because God does not want to let me be. In my dreams, God communicates to me. At night in my dream, I will become a Pastor ministering to a large congregation, casting out demons etc. Severally people I don't know have stopped me to say, you are a grate man, God wants to use you mightly, that I should give up and surrender. I am confused right now. I don't know what to do. No peace in my life.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by Ojestas(m): 4:38pm On Jul 19, 2016
You're seeing the consequences already. . No need,asking. .

Do quick and take heed!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by alakara(m): 7:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
Heed to the call of your father.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by Haddeyholler(m): 4:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
Switch off or activate flight mode to where u ar call to. ;DSwitch off or activate flight mode to where u ar call to.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 21, 2016
Just heed the call and everything will fall into place be it job, money, food, clothing and shelter. They would all heed to your anointing bkos only your anointing can make them bow. The Lord has made you an axe that breaks people's yokes and burden and the tragic aspect is that your life is attached to millions of life so once you do not manifest the plan of God for you, they'll automatically die on their bondages. Think about you charged for some people who died in their bondages and normally went to hell.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by Amberon11: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2016
bro, like a user above rightly said, you have your answer already. God is faithful, when he calls you, it comes with a full package. Your case is even good. My brother also had the call of God. His situation was really bad. He got serious attacks, he was losing his sanity and became very very sick. He was taken to the best hospitals in town but to no avail. Different pastors had told us he was being called but we didnt believe. That was we discovered MFM ministeries.

We started firing prayers. My mother did 7 days dry fasting on his behalf. That was when he finally became well again.

My brother gave his life fully to Christ and was tagged "pastor" by everyone. He prayed for people and they got healed.
Fast forward to a few years later, my brother backslid (a little tho) and a similar attack came back. We started serious prayers again and he became perfectly fine.

PS: My brother neither drinks nor smokes so the attacks weren't caused by hard drugs or the likes.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by Amberon11: 8:44pm On Jul 21, 2016
Some people could lose their lives if they don't heed to God's call. Not because God kills them but because the devil hates anything close to God. When the devil sees the call of God on an individual, that person would be attacked immensely by the devil and if that person rejects the call, they may die because God may leave them at their own mercy.

An example is Apostle Joseph Ayo Babalola. He heard an audible voice of God telling him he would die if he didn't heed to Gods calling.

It should be noted that God doesn't force people. Its totally at your discretion. But you will never have a cause to regret your decision to prophethood in the long run.

God's grace be with you!

1 Like

Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by KingEbukaNaija: 1:24am On Jul 22, 2016
montanaguy:
I can't imagine myself becoming a Pastor, yet deep down in my heart without any doubt, I know that God is calling me to a service. I know this through my personal encounter with God. Nothing is working for me. I am not where I had wanted to be in life. Non of my plans for life is working. I keep having this feeling that all is not well with me because I ignored God's call. I stopped attending church in a bid to take my mind off from anything that has to do with God. That has not helped me because God does not want to let me be. In my dreams, God communicates to me. At night in my dream, I will become a Pastor ministering to a large congregation, casting out demons etc. Severally people I don't know have stopped me to say, you are a grate man, God wants to use you mightly, that I should give up and surrender. I am confused right now. I don't know what to do. No peace in my life.

Act fast before your recalcitrance exacerbates the situation . I've heard stories of people that suffered greatly for not heeding to the voice of God when being called to serve Him as a pastor .
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by onyxvincent(m): 8:32pm On Jun 20, 2019
This is a bothering issue to us, as different pastor associates of his late dad who died as a pastor after building a small church are saying the first born should take over the ministry.

Before then some pastors have been given the opportunity of handling the church but ends up for their own selfish interests, looting and some diverting the little members available.

The family of the late pastor are trying to hire the small church building to any good Bible believing church to use as a branch, but some people still believe the mantle rests on the first son to continue the ministry even when he has no call, or conviction or passion even though he prayed about it and gave it a thought.

The first born is a believer though who partake in the things involving God, but what should be his fate?

Should he listen to them or rent the church space out as agreed?

Experience and wise counsel needed.
Re: What Are The Consequences Of Ignoring God's Call To Service? by Desemond: 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2022
From the Biblical examples of Moses and Jonah, we learn that when the Lord God calls us to be His servants or to minister for Him, it is wisest to obey. Trying to reject God's call on your life as Jonah did is something that will put you in a more or less situation like that of Jonah whereby nothing in your life is moving as planned and on your own, you'll be moving on towards distress, trouble, disaster and destruction as was the case with Jonah. Repent as Jonah did (Jonah 2), trust and serve the Lord God, "For I know the plans and thoughts that I have for you,’ says the LORD, ‘plans for peace and well-being and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope" (Jeremiah 29:11).

Matthew 10:33 says, "But the one who denies and rejects Me before men, that one I will also deny and reject before My Father who is in heaven."

Romans 14:12 says, "So then each of us will give an account of himself to God."

1 Peter 4:5 says, "But they will give account to him who is ready to judge the living and the dead."

Revelation 20:12 says, "And I saw the dead, great and small, standing before the throne, and books were opened. Then another book was opened, which is the book of life. And the dead were judged by what was written in the books, according to what they had done."

For details on how to answer God's call on your life and what happens when you reject God's call, visit: What Happens When You Reject God's Calling

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Should We Use Images And Symbols In Our Worship? / How To Deal With An Atheist Child / Why Is God's Name 'JEHOVAH' Not In Your Bible?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.