Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,366 members, 7,808,275 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels (4029 Views)

The Alarming Rate Of Teenage Pregnancy In Rural Areas / Angry Nigerian Kid Steals His Father's Keys & Drives Off His Car In U.S (video) / Rate Of Pregnancy These Days Quite Alarming!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by An0nimus: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2016
To be fair to the OP, I clicked on both links. I doubt any are his. One is a wikipedia page.

Adult swim cartoons have been known to be controversial. Same with stuff like Archer and South Park with all manner of crazy warped stories meant to be funny. Then Ricky and Morty. Not too surprised there.

Now that I seen it, Legend of Korra had a funny ending too. Sheesh.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by An0nimus: 6:38pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ishilove:

My dear na so we see am

Chai, to think I can sing the opening song grin. Will keep my eye open for the lad's dads.
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Onegai(f): 8:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
Ishilove:

Thanks so much for this. I never knew we still have functional libraries in Lagos...

As for the last part of your post, these Buhari times will not even allow one to think of relaxing grin

If you don't force yourself to relax, if you have a heart attack and you're recovering in the hospital, you will see a news flash that Buhari has flown abroad for check up and a rest. You better stop worrying about things you cannot change and live your life. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Onegai(f): 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
An0nimus:
To be fair to the OP, I clicked on both links. I doubt any are his. One is a wikipedia page.

Adult swim cartoons have been known to be controversial. Same with stuff like Archer and South Park with all manner of crazy warped stories meant to be funny. Then Ricky and Morty. Not too surprised there.

All those cartoons you mentioned are not for under-14s. Except for Korra and a lot of people outside the U.S. complained about the ending.

1 Like

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Rhukie(f): 10:03pm On Jul 21, 2016
Onegai:

All those cartoons you mentioned are not for under-14s. Except for Korra and a lot of people outside the U.S. complained about the ending.
please, can you recommend books for a 7months old upward?
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Onegai(f): 4:00am On Jul 22, 2016
Rhukie:
please, can you recommend books for a 7months old upward?

They have different titles, it doesn't quite matter. What is important is how the book is made: baby books are board books, their pages are made out of hard cardboard. So they can't be torn easily by tiny hands. I've seen them sold at SPAR (cheapest option was below N1000) and Mega Plaza and online (last option is the most expensive) but I'm going to check CMS and see if I can get some.

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Ishilove: 4:29am On Jul 22, 2016
Onegai:

They have different titles, it doesn't quite matter. What is important is how the book is made: baby books are board books, their pages are made out of hard cardboard. So they can't be torn easily by tiny hands. I've seen them sold at SPAR (cheapest option was below N1000) and Mega Plaza and online (last option is the most expensive) but I'm going to check CMS and see if I can get some.
From what age should we introduce the books to them? Is 5 months too early?
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Onegai(f): 7:42am On Jul 22, 2016
Ishilove:

From what age should we introduce the books to them? Is 5 months too early?

Anytime you feel like. I think I started from 5 months, when we could sit down. You can start languages even earlier.

I've even seen language books with CDs for Yoruba and Igbo for young children, which is good, but I would like to see the minor languages like Tiv, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ibibio etc. Those are the ones disappearing. I've had to ask relatives for help to make up games using my language for Baby E and I've only being able to do my version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in my language properly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by eitsei(m): 9:17am On Jul 22, 2016
Intrepid01:
Hmmm I like ur strategy of publicizing ur blog....But no matter what you do some of us still wont click
it's no blog I clicked and I didn't see a blog
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by eitsei(m): 9:22am On Jul 22, 2016
donigspain:
I observed too. Every of their media now has subtle homosexual messages embeded in them. I'm mostly concerned about the kids because of the points you raised about adults having already moulded minds. Even Alicial Keys latest single ,''In Common'', has homosexualism as the main theme.
even the seasonal films we watch nowadays nko.. They make it look so normal and like it's proper way of life
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by donigspain(m): 10:22am On Jul 22, 2016
Ishilove:
Donigspain, who are those going to pursue legal action against you for mentioning names of cartoons? Abeg find another strategy to get traffic to your blog. grin
Smh

That aside, Nickolodeon now has a cartoon show with a married gay couple named 'the Loud House'. The couple, two men are raising a son together.

The evil is already upon us.
Arrh Ishilove even you too? I expected you to know more na. I lil' search will reveal none of those links are Nigerian owned. Abi na me get Wikipedia or http://sensiblereason.com/about-us-2/ undecided undecided
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Ishilove: 11:47am On Jul 22, 2016
Onegai:

Anytime you feel like. I think I started from 5 months, when we could sit down. You can start languages even earlier.

I've even seen language books with CDs for Yoruba and Igbo for young children, which is good, but I would like to see the minor languages like Tiv, Urhobo, Itsekiri, Ibibio etc. Those are the ones disappearing. I've had to ask relatives for help to make up games using my language for Baby E and I've only being able to do my version of "Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes" and "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" in my language properly.
One has to be versatile in one's language before you can think of passing it down to the next generation. I only started speaking mine when I was 12/13, and that was because I was hell bent on learning. As an adult I can understand my language 90% but can speak only about 55% of it. Sad cry

1 Like

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Ishilove: 11:48am On Jul 22, 2016
donigspain:
Arrh Ishilove even you too? I expected you to know more na. I lil' search will reveal none of those links are Nigerian owned. Abi na me get Wikipedia or http://sensiblereason.com/about-us-2/ undecided undecided
No vex, some unscrupulous bloggers have made the majority of us paranoid grin grin
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by donigspain(m): 1:00pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ishilove:
No vex, some unscrupulous bloggers have made the majority of us paranoid grin grin
No wahala.
eitsei:
it's no blog I clicked and I didn't see a blog
Thank you dear. Don't mind the troll.
charix:
donigspain

Another troll on the loose.
The joke is on you now! tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by armyofone(m): 1:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
Adult swim... lol crazy invention/creativity.

An0nimus:

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Rhukie(f): 4:03pm On Jul 22, 2016
thank you
Onegai:

1 Like

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by donigspain(m): 4:14pm On Jul 22, 2016
An0nimus:

Don't mind them bro. That's why the black man is still in the dark ages and being spoon fed by the whites. Ignorance and unwillingness to invest energy, resources and time into research and knowledge acquisition.

2 Likes

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Onegai(f): 2:03pm On Jul 26, 2016
I like being helpful! smiley

I was on Broad street today and remembered CSS Bookshop used to exist back in the there. Turns out, they are still there! CSS Bookshop is probably the oldest bookshop in Nigeria (I believe I was told that were established in the 1800s).

They've got a huge selection of Children's books and I believe this is the cheapest I've seen them (barring those selling second-hand on the streets around CMS). Prices start from N350.

They are on Broad street, Lagos Island, at the junction of Tantalisers and PEP store. There is also a library across them, open to the public. They also have branches in Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Apapa.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Neverquit(f): 3:15pm On Jul 27, 2016
Nigerians can be funny sometimes. Even if the links were directed to his blog, should it matter? Clicking on a link that directs one to informative content should not be a problem. Also, whats the big deal in clicking and helping someone else's hustle?

S.M.H

Back to the topic, one has to screen every tv show, books etc before allowing access to children. It's been known (and proven) that 'catching them while young' is the most effective way to spread any agenda.
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by ifyalways(f): 4:55pm On Jul 28, 2016
Onegai:
I like being helpful! smiley

I was on Broad street today and remembered CSS Bookshop used to exist back in the there. Turns out, they are still there! CSS Bookshop is probably the oldest bookshop in Nigeria (I believe I was told that were established in the 1800s).

They've got a huge selection of Children's books and I believe this is the cheapest I've seen them (barring those selling second-hand on the streets around CMS). Prices start from N350.

They are on Broad street, Lagos Island, at the junction of Tantalisers and PEP store. There is also a library across them, open to the public. They also have branches in Kaduna, Port Harcourt, Abuja and Apapa.
Never knew that library is open to the Public.Well done,Onegai
Re: Alarming Trend I Observed In Kid Channels by Onegai(f): 5:27pm On Jul 28, 2016
ifyalways:

Never knew that library is open to the Public.Well done,Onegai

ZODML is open to the public as well. It's on Awolowo way, Ikoyi, after Goodies supermarket. It's a very good library. www.zodml.org

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's The Rationale Behind Same Sex Schools / Reasons Newly Delivered Working Mothers Should Get Six Month Leave In Nigeria / My House Help Is Pregnant For My Security Guard

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.