Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,367 members, 7,808,282 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:49 AM

Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi (12028 Views)

Magu: SERAP Drags Senate To UN; "Allegations Against Him Politically Motivated" / Murray-Bruce: Buhari’s Anti-Corruption War Not A Witch-Hunt / Corruption Charges Against Me Are Politically Motivated: FFK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Anasko(m): 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
The chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party’s national caretaker committee, Ahmed Makarfi, has called for institutional reforms to shield security votes from abuse.
Mr. Makarfi, a former governor of Kaduna State, gave the advice in an interview with journalists on Tuesday in Kaduna.
He said it was important “to set up a machinery for an institutional reform on how security votes are managed”.
“This affects not only the federal government, because if you come down to the states, you are going to find similar happenings,” he said.
“Even local government chairmen have security votes and you are going to find that their expenditure follows similar pattern.”
Mr. Makarfi also spoke on the corruption war embarked by the Federal Government, saying that the war was not politically-motivated.
He however cautioned against targeting the wrong people so as not to derail the anti-corruption war.
According to him, the government and security agencies have the right to invite people to explain issues that might arise in the course of investigation “whether you are in PDP or not, whether you are a
politician or not.”
“If I’m to be fair, I will not say it is politics,” Mr. Makarfi said. “If you are invited purely on the issue of campaign funds, anybody can be invited to explain, it depends on the essence of the report.”
Mr. Makarfi said in doing so, the government should avoid targeting “middlemen” and concentrate on “those who know the source of the money being investigated”.
The former governor said the government should investigate and prosecute those who approved and released public funds illegally.
The PDP national chairman also warned against investigating funds donated to political parties for campaigns, insisting that if the government wanted to do so, it must investigate all donations.
“In all these issues, you have to be careful to be able to find out for what purpose the funds were meant for, because sometimes, they may not be purely for political reasons.
“You have to get the facts right, because under Col. Sambo Dasuki (rtd) for instance, we had contracts and money for politics.
“If you are going to look deeply, definitely religious leaders, traditional rulers and other national figures must have gotten some share too,” he said.

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/207180-buharis-corruption-war-not-politically-motivated-makarfi.html

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Emilokoiyawon: 10:23pm On Jul 19, 2016
cool
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 19, 2016
I don't really care, even if it is religiously motivated.

19 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by orobs93(m): 10:28pm On Jul 19, 2016
No comment
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by benedictnsi(m): 10:45pm On Jul 19, 2016
kaorama:
I don't really care, even if it is religiously motivated.

lol ......... Or traditionally manipulated

23 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by chimoskyg(m): 10:49pm On Jul 19, 2016
Is it a revenge

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by StepTwo: 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
benedictnsi:

lol ......... Or traditionally manipulated
lmao...........or customarily augmented

14 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Kyase(m): 10:53pm On Jul 19, 2016
chimoskyg:
Is it a revenge
You read am so? undecided

5 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by micchi(m): 10:58pm On Jul 19, 2016
This northerners are one they watch there brothers back yet yet they keep fooling others with there lies and propaganda imaging somebody that's Say's i belongs to nobody but belongs to everybody is favouring one particular tribe more than others and zombie's keep supporting him in pain's and hardship I weep for my country

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by henchamb(m): 12:58am On Jul 20, 2016
ineffectual wailers would soon call for his sack

9 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 20, 2016
IPOB yoots might just have an heart attack when reading this grin

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by PoundspassDolla(m): 2:37am On Jul 20, 2016
Hmm,makafi are you really sure, you're the one that said this or someone else did,because some people will not like this,so watch your back from your trolls who will not like this little light you saw from their eluded darkness,I said Watch your back o.......

7 Likes

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Nobody: 6:11am On Jul 20, 2016
Makarfi, e don be for yhu be that
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by omenka(m): 6:55am On Jul 20, 2016
Promo!! Promo!!! Promo!!!!

Guess correctly the next target of attacks of the Lost Molluscs of Israel and win very mouth watering prizes!! grin

Promo lasts as long as this thread lasts. cheesy

Ps: Any donkey who quotes me will be IGNORED. wink

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by bettercreature(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy He is actually playing mind game to make people love PDP again
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by taylor88(m): 7:55am On Jul 20, 2016
Lick my nyash
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by tabisegroup(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2016
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by legendte(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2016
North
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by justicejay(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2016
The change promised is now a promise change.
Apc=Scam

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by veekid(m): 7:56am On Jul 20, 2016
Iranu
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by ayusco85(m): 7:57am On Jul 20, 2016
Tell that to the Marines. Useless people
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Felaak47(m): 7:59am On Jul 20, 2016
Okay

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by ichidodo: 8:01am On Jul 20, 2016
stupidity..
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by legendte(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2016
omenka:
Promo!! Promo!!! Promo!!!!

Guess correctly the next target of attacks of the Lost Molluscs of Israel and win very mouth watering prizes!! grin

Promo lasts as long as this thread lasts. cheesy

Please Benue state the new national grazing centre needs your input.

Promo Promo Promo
Guess correctly the next local government in Benue to be attacked and win Nairaland award.

Fela remains a Legend. ........That ZOMBIE song should be dedicated to you.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by owisdom25(m): 8:02am On Jul 20, 2016
wow..this is new
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Bashirfuntua(m): 8:05am On Jul 20, 2016
Makarfi: I swear to said the truth and nothing but the truth. oya wailers go and hug the nearest transformer

1 Like

Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by Frank3n2(m): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2016
Ok.. That doesn't stop him from investigating you grin
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by otukpo(f): 8:06am On Jul 20, 2016
Tell us more.
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by MDObi21(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2016
really!
Re: Buhari’s Corruption War Not Politically- Motivated – Makarfi by 1zynnvn(m): 8:08am On Jul 20, 2016
vengefully motivated
dyu know you can monitor the location of your car/truck, demobilize the vehicle in case of theft,listen to conversations in your car even when you are not there, all with your mobile phone, etc. Contact costrack services on 080 8 846 9876. we are in abuja

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari, Fifth On List Of Presidents To Address 74th UNGA — Onyeama / MURIC Condemns Killing Of Sowore's Brother, Urges Police To Find Killers / 2023 Election: Results From Lagos State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.