Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:50 AM

Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days (5339 Views)

Nigerian Islamic Scholar Dies In Saudi Arabia / Struggling To Find Community: An Igbo Convert Story / Islam: Fear Of Reprisals Makes Publisher Drop Hot Book On Mohammed's Child Bride (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by sleek29(m): 8:56am On Sep 15, 2009
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Gamine(f): 9:05am On Sep 15, 2009
This is just ugh
not this morning again, still reeling from the double bad news i got. .

Mehn, meh, How? these people are surely not Human
angry cry angry cry
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nezan(m): 12:05pm On Sep 15, 2009
This is so sad. Olabowale should come here and defend child abuse.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by sleek29(m): 12:32pm On Sep 15, 2009
to knw that some legislators wanted to increase marriage age to 17 but it was thrown out because they said its unislamic, their prophet married a 9yr old.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by vanitty: 9:25am On Sep 16, 2009
This is what the muslims should be condeming but they are busy looking for fault in the Bible
Very backward , ignorant set of highly confused people.
Poor baby.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nezan(m): 10:44am On Sep 16, 2009
So so sad.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nezan(m): 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2009
None of them will navigate this thread grin
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by sleek29(m): 9:28am On Sep 17, 2009
Nezan:

None of them will navigate this thread grin

they won't, have they even asked themselves why aisha never had a  child?
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nezan(m): 10:50am On Sep 17, 2009
They wont care to ask. Funny people.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by sosisi(f): 7:23am On Sep 20, 2009
Mohammed asked his men to marry young girls  and "thigh" them  if too young rather than marry  grown women and he set an example.
The Nigerian Muslims are busy defending marriage to 1 year olds
The shittes are fingering  and thighing infants and practising prostitution in the name of temporary marriage
This is the religion of sex.
Mohammeds life revolved around sex with children,slave girls and any woman that "gave herself to him"
The blood of that innocent girl rests on his head

Read that Mo even slept with his dead aunt.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nezan(m): 7:39am On Sep 20, 2009
Read that Mo even slept with his dead aunt.
grin cheesy grin cheesy
mohammed never ceases to amaze me. grin
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by muhsin(m): 4:06pm On Oct 07, 2009
Hmm. I read the horrific story but I wonder what are you expecting me to say here.

For instance, I can't just depend people who live that far away from where I do live. Hence I know you can understand I know little or nothing regarding their costomary practice as this is attached to custom even in the article.

Secondly, you aimlessly attached this sort of practice to our noble Prophet, may Allah exalt his mention, but Alhamdulillah this same subject has had been severally discussed, fully explanied and so on.

Thus, considering these facts I wonder what you expect of me, Sleek29.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nezan(m): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2009
@muhsin; Are you denying the existence of child brides in northern nigeria? why do you think VVF is very common there?
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by muhsin(m): 4:46pm On Oct 07, 2009
Remember we are talking from religious perspective, Nezan. But that does more with tribal practice. Thus I get little to say, which I prepare better not to.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by MrCrackles(m): 4:49pm On Oct 07, 2009
cry embarassed cry
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by skfa1: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2009
Trust me Abuzola and olabowale never reply to this thread now.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Shola2009(m): 7:57pm On Oct 07, 2009
This is just too sad, cry cry i can't seem to wrap my finger around it.Why would anyone want to marry a little girl??
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 08, 2009
see them,atleast she is married,what about your sisters and brothers that are busy fucking hard to suit themselves even from 8,9, to 13,or dnt your people full there in sex video,little girls not even up to ten, a 9/10 yrs old boy will be saying hes proud being a dad,likewise a girl too,without marriage sef
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Shola2009(m): 12:52am On Oct 08, 2009
uplawal! hello! smiley are u mad you better go back to where you came from!!
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nobody: 1:15am On Oct 08, 2009
@shola2009,is always xtians that start fight,but i wont hesitate to fight you back,

YOU ARE MADDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD,CRAZYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY,IDIOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT,and PLS GO BACK TO YABA LEFTTTTTTTTTT,BEFORE ITS TOO LATEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, whats ur stress did i lie about it?which is safer sex in marriage= HEAVEN,sex outside marriage like your people=HELLIFIRE
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Shola2009(m): 1:21am On Oct 08, 2009
^^ who said i was a christian?? your dead/maggot infested/oxygen lacking brain just came to that conclusion by itself! ma frend!! go to school! it doesnt matter what anybody is,a girl of 12 yrs old should not be pregnant!!
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 08, 2009
madman, dnt a xtian european girl get pregy at 10,11,12,13 in uk and co,without marriage sef and uncountable abortions,anyway,i dnt give a damm if ure buddist or satanist,who cares
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by abulbanaat(m): 1:34am On Oct 08, 2009
The religion of Islâm is a religion of Isnaad (chain of narration). We do not accept information at face value because Allaah warns the Muslims as regarding that:

“O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.” [Q49: 6].

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) has said:

‘It is enough to call a person a liar if he narrates all that he hears’ because people do carry rumour and false information.

Thus the story of Yemeni bride stands to questioning. It is nothing but another blackmail of Islam by the Western Press (this writer was trained as a journalist [who studied Mass Communication] in the university, though he is not a journalist by profession now.)

Thus Islâm is not a religion if hearsays (as Xtainity is). Every fact has to be proved. That is why Islam is a detailed religion based on detailed evidence.

Ibn Sireen (one of the Followers of the Companions) has said: ‘If not that there is chain of narration, everybody will say what he likes.’

We need to know the name of the reporter and those present when the ‘ugly incident’ took place.

“Since they (the slanderers) have not produced witnesses! Then with Allâh they are the liars.” [Q22: 13].

Even the secular court does not base its judgement on newspaper reports. They are never part of what constitute the evidence. [I am talking now as a person who had a legal training for five years in the Law Faculty].

What is known with the Western press is that they tell a lot of lies, to sell paper, and to survive the current situation. That underscores Yellow Journalism which the Western press is known for.

And the Western press, once again, is out to malign Islâm, destroy it and see its fall. But they will fail as the people of old had failed:

“They intend to put out the Light of Allâh (i.e. the religion of Islâm, this Qur'ân, and Prophet Muhammad) with their mouths. But Allâh will complete His Light even though the disbelievers hate (it).” [Q61: 8].

And we like to say it as we have been saying it, and we owe no apology to anyone. Islam permits marriage to minor based on some principles:

That the bride, when she comes of age, has the freedom to accept or reject her suitor.

That she can never be forced at any time on the suitor.
See what the Messenger of Allaah (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) did on an issue like that:

On the authority of Ibn Abbass that a girl came to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) and complained that her father married her out to whom she did not love, then the Prophet granted her request (that is, he ruled that her father was wrong) [Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Ibn Maajah recorded it].

That little girls are given out at tender age is not alien to some cultures namely the African culture – go to the Igbo Land and see.

We are not denying the fact that the practice might have been abused by some cultures who have some Islâmic leaning, as Muhsin (may Allah lengthen is span ) as rightly observed. An objective investigation however will show that it is an abuse by those not as Islam prescribes it. For instance it is totally wrong to force young girls into marriage.

And once again, we like to say it, that Aisha became the wife of our Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) at nine is not a big deal. Aisha was a woman by Arab standard of that time. There was rapid growth among their females and the method of counting years was somehow crude.

And Aisha did not give birth to a child for the Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) as Allaah would have it. And she was not the only wife of the Prophet that would not give him a child. For your information, O slanderers of the Best of Creature (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam), Aisha was the only virgin whom the Prophet married. Others were formerly married. Then why do you say he is a pedophile? Do you not understand English?

He had his first wife (a widow for that matter) when he was twenty-five years old. It is even said that his first wife was older than he was. And for another twenty years he did not have another wife. Then why do you say he was a sex-maniac? And the other wives that he had were out of circumstances. Women who had lost their husbands like Hafsah, Ummu Salamah, etc.
And he later got married to Zaynab bint Jahsh (a woman of nobility whom the Prophet made to marry a former slave, Zayd bn Haarithah) which you accused him of seeing her unclothedness (O Christians why do you tell blatant lies). It happened that way because Allaah wanted to put a stop to the belief that a person cannot marry the wife of his adopted son. And with the case of Zaynab and Zayd, the issue of child adoption became outlawed in Islam.
So why why why do you slander the Best of Creation (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam)?

So did those who came before you until Allaah destroyed them.
“And (We destroyed also) Qârûn (Korah), Fir'aun (Pharaoh), and Hâmân. And indeed Mûsa (Moses) came to them with clear Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), but they were arrogant in the land, yet they could not outstrip Us (escape Our punishment). So We punished each (of them) for his sins, of them were some on whom We sent Hâsiban (a violent wind with shower of stones) [as the people of Lout (Lot)], and of them were some who were overtaken by As¬Saihah [torment ¬ awful cry, etc. (as Thamûd or Shu'aib's people)], and of them were some whom We caused the earth to swallow [as Qârûn (Korah)], and of them were some whom We drowned [as the people of Nûh (Noah), or Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his people]. It was not Allâh Who wronged them, but they wronged themselves.” [Q29. 39-40].

N.B. (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) means ‘may Allah exalt his mentioning.’
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by vanitty: 8:40am On Oct 08, 2009
Uplawal what a perfect spokesperson you are for your religion undecided, so the fact that a 12 yr old get pregnant makes it ok?
I can just imagine, it is hard for a grown up matured lady during childbirth not to talk of a young child and for three days, not good at all
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by sleek29(m): 9:25am On Oct 08, 2009
@at muhsin, some legislators had proposed for the minimum age of marriage to be set at 17years and the motion was thrown out because it was termed to be unislamic, read the news well.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by sleek29(m): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2009
abulbanaat:

The religion of Islâm is a religion of Isnaad (chain of narration). We do not accept information at face value because Allaah warns the Muslims as regarding that:

“O you who believe! If a rebellious evil person comes to you with a news, verify it, lest you harm people in ignorance, and afterwards you become regretful to what you have done.” [Q49: 6].

The Messenger of Allaah (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) has said:

‘It is enough to call a person a liar if he narrates all that he hears’ because people do carry rumour and false information.

Thus the story of Yemeni bride stands to questioning. It is nothing but another blackmail of Islam by the Western Press (this writer was trained as a journalist [who studied Mass Communication] in the university, though he is not a journalist by profession now.)

Thus Islâm is not a religion if hearsays (as Xtainity is). Every fact has to be proved. That is why Islam is a detailed religion based on detailed evidence.

Ibn Sireen (one of the Followers of the Companions) has said: ‘If not that there is chain of narration, everybody will say what he likes.’

We need to know the name of the reporter and those present when the ‘ugly incident’ took place.

“Since they (the slanderers) have not produced witnesses! Then with Allâh they are the liars.” [Q22: 13].

Even the secular court does not base its judgement on newspaper reports. They are never part of what constitute the evidence. [I am talking now as a person who had a legal training for five years in the Law Faculty].

What is known with the Western press is that they tell a lot of lies, to sell paper, and to survive the current situation. That underscores Yellow Journalism which the Western press is known for.

And the Western press, once again, is out to malign Islâm, destroy it and see its fall. But they will fail as the people of old had failed:

“They intend to put out the Light of Allâh (i.e. the religion of Islâm, this Qur'ân, and Prophet Muhammad) with their mouths. But Allâh will complete His Light even though the disbelievers hate (it).” [Q61: 8].

And we like to say it as we have been saying it, and we owe no apology to anyone. Islam permits marriage to minor based on some principles:

That the bride, when she comes of age, has the freedom to accept or reject her suitor.

That she can never be forced at any time on the suitor.
See what the Messenger of Allaah (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) did on an issue like that:

On the authority of Ibn Abbass that a girl came to the Messenger of Allaah (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) and complained that her father married her out to whom she did not love, then the Prophet granted her request (that is, he ruled that her father was wrong) [Ahmad, Abu Dawud and Ibn Maajah recorded it].

That little girls are given out at tender age is not alien to some cultures namely the African culture – go to the Igbo Land and see.

We are not denying the fact that the practice might have been abused by some cultures who have some Islâmic leaning, as Muhsin (may Allah lengthen is span ) as rightly observed. An objective investigation however will show that it is an abuse by those not as Islam prescribes it. For instance it is totally wrong to force young girls into marriage.

And once again, we like to say it, that Aisha became the wife of our Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) at nine is not a big deal. Aisha was a woman by Arab standard of that time. There was rapid growth among their females and the method of counting years was somehow crude.

And Aisha did not give birth to a child for the Prophet (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) as Allaah would have it. And she was not the only wife of the Prophet that would not give him a child. For your information, O slanderers of the Best of Creature (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam), Aisha was the only virgin whom the Prophet married. Others were formerly married. Then why do you say he is a pedophile? Do you not understand English?

He had his first wife (a widow for that matter) when he was twenty-five years old. It is even said that his first wife was older than he was. And for another twenty years he did not have another wife. Then why do you say he was a sex-maniac? And the other wives that he had were out of circumstances. Women who had lost their husbands like Hafsah, Ummu Salamah, etc.
And he later got married to Zaynab bint Jahsh (a woman of nobility whom the Prophet made to marry a former slave, Zayd bn Haarithah) which you accused him of seeing her unclothedness (O Christians why do you tell blatant lies). It happened that way because Allaah wanted to put a stop to the belief that a person cannot marry the wife of his adopted son. And with the case of Zaynab and Zayd, the issue of child adoption became outlawed in Islam.
So why why why do you slander the Best of Creation (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam)?

So did those who came before you until Allaah destroyed them.
“And (We destroyed also) Qârûn (Korah), Fir'aun (Pharaoh), and Hâmân. And indeed Mûsa (Moses) came to them with clear Ayât (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.), but they were arrogant in the land, yet they could not outstrip Us (escape Our punishment). So We punished each (of them) for his sins, of them were some on whom We sent Hâsiban (a violent wind with shower of stones) [as the people of Lout (Lot)], and of them were some who were overtaken by As¬Saihah [torment ¬ awful cry, etc. (as Thamûd or Shu'aib's people)], and of them were some whom We caused the earth to swallow [as Qârûn (Korah)], and of them were some whom We drowned [as the people of Nûh (Noah), or Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his people]. It was not Allâh Who wronged them, but they wronged themselves.” [Q29. 39-40].

N.B. (sallallâhu ’alayhi wa sallam) means ‘may Allah exalt his mentioning.’

Again, they blame the west for their problems, a man married an underaged girl and you said as long as she accepted, its the easiest thing to lure a young underaged girl to bed, why? because she doesn't have the smallest idea of what i'm up to and then you talk about love, what does a 9 year old know about love?, and as a matter of fact aisha still played with dolls when mo married her, stop trying to justify his actions but call a spade a spade, he was in error, WHEN WILL ISLAM LOOK INWARDS AND ACCEPT THAT THEY ARE WRONG AND STOP BLAMING THE WEST FOR ALL THEIR PROBLEMS?

Yes the man married a sugar mummy for her money, and then married women because of circumstances because they were widows, is sleeping with widows same as helping them? and is having the wife of someone who saw you as his father right to you?
And pedophilia means  adult with sexual desire for children: an adult who has sexual desire for children or who has committed the crime of sex with a child   and mo was 53(adult),aisha 9 (baby).
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nezan(m): 10:50am On Oct 08, 2009
See delusion in islam at its best. The rampant cases of VVF in Northern Nigeria among muslims due to underaged marriage is another concoction by the Western media? See, abulbanaat, go to any islamic state in Northern Nigeria and check into any of the VVF clinics, you will be surprised at the number of underaged girls suffering from VVF as a result of been given out as baby brides. This definately is not a propaganda from Western media Mr. abulbanaat!
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by muhsin(m): 11:26am On Oct 08, 2009
sleek29:

@at muhsin, some legislators had proposed for the minimum age of marriage to be set at 17years and the motion was thrown out because it was termed to be unislamic, read the news well.

I kinda agree with them, for many girls reach puberty before that age. And it's a well know fact whoever reaches puberty can healthily carry pregnancy and deliver easily. And I read the news. . .didn't you too see where its mentioned that that was Afghan and Yemenite custom? Be fair.

I'll, probably, say more on that shortly.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by muhsin(m): 11:34am On Oct 08, 2009
sleek29:

Again, they blame the west for their problems, a man married an underaged girl and you said as long as she accepted, its the easiest thing to lure a young underaged girl to bed, why? because she doesn't have the smallest idea of what i'm up to and then you talk about love, what does a 9 year old know about love?, and as a matter of fact aisha still played with dolls when mo married her, stop trying to justify his actions but call a spade a spade, he was in error, WHEN WILL ISLAM LOOK INWARDS AND ACCEPT THAT THEY ARE WRONG AND STOP BLAMING THE WEST FOR ALL THEIR PROBLEMS?

Yes the man married a sugar mummy for her money, and then married women because of circumstances because they were widows, is sleeping with widows same as helping them? and is having the wife of someone who saw you as his father right to you?
And pedophilia means  adult with sexual desire for children: an adult who has sexual desire for children or who has committed the crime of sex with a child   and mo was 53(adult),aisha 9 (baby).

Save that crap beside; the same issue has had been throughly discussed on this very board. Go and search the archives. . .hate to always be repeating myself.

As you said there (b4 I resurrected this thread), we Muslims ignored it. And likewise you too ignored that other thread. Therefore, if thats what you wanna discuss I can as well relive that thread and I challenge you to engage me there. Understand?
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by muhsin(m): 11:41am On Oct 08, 2009
Nezan:

See delusion in islam at its best. The rampant cases of VVF in Northern Nigeria among muslims due to underaged marriage is another concoction by the Western media? See, abulbanaat, go to any islamic state in Northern Nigeria and check into any of the VVF clinics, you will be surprised at the number of underaged girls suffering from VVF as a result of been given out as baby brides. This definately is not a propaganda from Western media Mr. abulbanaat!

I earlier on prepared not to comment on that but any way. . .

Your problem, Nezan, is of mixing up things. I am right living in Kano, and believe you me I don't know of any girl in my neighbor suffering from that illness. And I reliable heard that its not only/merely caused due to under-age marriage but refusing to undergo antenatal care and the likes. Thats why you barely hear of any case in the city/metro but mostly villages.

I can go on and on, but get LOADS to do.
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2009
theres nothing wrong with a girl getting pregnant at that age when shes married,scientifically shes fit to get pregnant since shes menstruating,so what the fuss about,atleast shes not killing all her unborn babies via abortion,and fucking really hard without marriage blessings,if God does not want a girl to get pregnant early he would have made the menstration to start at18yrs old
Re: Child Bride, 12, Dies In Yemen After Struggling To Give Birth For Three Days by abulbanaat(m): 1:54pm On Oct 08, 2009
"And We never sent before you (O Muhammad ) any of the Messengers but verily, they ate food and walked in the markets. And We have made some of you as a trial for others: will you have patience? And your Lord is Ever All-Seer (of everything)." [Q24: 20]

For Sleeky and Nezan

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

From Islam To Atheism After A Stint Of Employment In Saudi Arabia / Etiquettes Of Eid / Backbiting And Slander

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.