Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,298 members, 7,808,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:20 AM

Polo Vivo Won't Start When Cold - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Polo Vivo Won't Start When Cold (686 Views)

10 Common Reasons Why Your Car Won't Start & How To Fix It / 2004 Ford Explorer Won't Start And Anti Theft Light Blinks / Car Is Difficult To Start When Engine Is HOT, Very Ok When Engine Is...SOLVED (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Polo Vivo Won't Start When Cold by mikaeellum: 10:11am On Jul 20, 2016
My polo vivo fails to start when it's cold but starts after kick starting it. The battery reads at 14V+ when car is on and 13V+ when car is off.
After kick starting it the car revs up then dies unless I press the throttle 20% for a minute then car stays on but when I press the throttle it drops the rev's as if its going to switch off. When driving the car after leaving it to warm up I'm at 4000RPM then put the car in neutral the rev's stay at 4000RPM unless I put it into gear then all is okay. When the car is idling it idles below 1000RPM but then drops even lower causing the car then automatically rev up just passed the 1000RPM mark then comes down again then will rev again over 1000RPM then come down because it drops very low. Any suggestions as to what it is? I was thinking the temp sensor because my citi golf started to do the same thing and I unplugged the temp sensor then started the golf and perfect. My Polo injectors were checked as well as the compression and all fuses. Please help?
Re: Polo Vivo Won't Start When Cold by geovidal(m): 12:28pm On Jul 20, 2016
mikaeellum:
My polo vivo fails to start when it's cold but starts after kick starting it. The battery reads at 14V+ when car is on and 13V+ when car is off.
After kick starting it the car revs up then dies unless I press the throttle 20% for a minute then car stays on but when I press the throttle it drops the rev's as if its going to switch off. When driving the car after leaving it to warm up I'm at 4000RPM then put the car in neutral the rev's stay at 4000RPM unless I put it into gear then all is okay. When the car is idling it idles below 1000RPM but then drops even lower causing the car then automatically rev up just passed the 1000RPM mark then comes down again then will rev again over 1000RPM then come down because it drops very low. Any suggestions as to what it is? I was thinking the temp sensor because my citi golf started to do the same thing and I unplugged the temp sensor then started the golf and perfect. My Polo injectors were checked as well as the compression and all fuses. Please help?
your English is something else, I can't comprehend. However, go and scan your vehicle.
Re: Polo Vivo Won't Start When Cold by cokoduck: 4:30pm On Jul 20, 2016
mikaeellum:
scan the car and post the results

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Honda Academy Gearbox For V6 Engine. / Chosen Mopols Special Ride / Nigerian Lady Whose Brother Survived Ghastly Accident Thanks God. ( Photos )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.