Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,486 members, 7,808,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:39 PM

Please I Need A Lawyer's Professional Advice. - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please I Need A Lawyer's Professional Advice. (529 Views)

Nigerian Lawyer Sues Access Bank For Failed ATM Transaction, Demands N100m / You No Longer Need A Lawyer To Register Your Business - CAC / How To Open A Business Name In CAC With N12,000 In Just 2 Weeks Without A Lawyer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need A Lawyer's Professional Advice. by hopeforcharles(m): 3:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
Good day Nlanders
Please I need an advice on the best way to write a business agreement on the basis of Distributiorship of a product,
The reason why I need advice on it is to get a legal documented proof that I alone will be the sole distributor of the product around my precinct, I have had a bad experience back when I distributed a product only for the people to go at my back and be supplying to my customers and at the same price they gave me leading to loss on my side, I don't want it to happen again so I want to take precautions.
And why doesn't Nl have a Lawyer or law section?
I think it's important atleast people will get to know their rights.
I solicitate advises from all and sundry.
Re: Please I Need A Lawyer's Professional Advice. by Nobody: 8:04pm On Jul 21, 2016
i advise you visit a law firm,where a lawyer can draft an agreement which is binding on all parties. failure to observe the clause that you would be the sole distributor could lead to termination of the contract or co urt action, whatever it's you want. all parties would have to sign for it to be binding.

1 Like

Re: Please I Need A Lawyer's Professional Advice. by O1B2I3: 11:49pm On Jul 22, 2016
My brother i will give you one advice as a lawyer, don't waste your money trying to draft one agreement that will make you the sole distributor of that product. if i may ask you, are you the sole producer of that product? if yes register the product by way of trademark at their registry. Albeit, if you are not the sole producer of that product, please don't waste money drafting any agreement. this is because as they have sold to you, they have the right the sell to another individual. they are the principal and you are the agent of the distributor. If you meet a lawyer to prepare the agreement, he will prepare it and eat your money because nothing will come out of it. besides no distributor will agree to sign such agree to sign such agreement. however, if the situation had been that you entered into an agreement to produce that product for you and after producing it, they sold some without your consent, that is where legal action comes in. IF you need further legal advice on your right other than this issue, go to nairaland under education and business sector you will see some of my post there. In law there are some agreement that a party cannot be bound, hence it becomes a void agreement.

THE LAW
Re: Please I Need A Lawyer's Professional Advice. by hopeforcharles(m): 8:14am On Jul 23, 2016
O1B2I3:
My brother i will give you one advice as a lawyer, don't waste your money trying to draft one agreement that will make you the sole distributor of that product. if i may ask you, are you the sole producer of that product? if yes register the product by way of trademark at their registry. Albeit, if you are not the sole producer of that product, please don't waste money drafting any agreement. this is because as they have sold to you, they have the right the sell to another individual. they are the principal and you are the agent of the distributor. If you meet a lawyer to prepare the agreement, he will prepare it and eat your money because nothing will come out of it. besides no distributor will agree to sign such agree to sign such agreement. however, if the situation had been that you entered into an agreement to produce that product for you and after producing it, they sold some without your consent, that is where legal action comes in. IF you need further legal advice on your right other than this issue, go to nairaland under education and business sector you will see some of my post there. In law there are some agreement that a party cannot be bound, hence it becomes a void agreement.

THE LAW
Thank you very much, I see the point in your comment,
I am not the sole producer of the product,
Just a new product I intend marketing by infusing money for advert and time.

(1) (Reply)

I Need 8m Loan With Property In Festac Town As Collactera / Start-up Snapshot: Get A Loan Based On Your Social Media Reputation / My One Million Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.