Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:13 AM

Short Story - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story (441 Views)

Whose Fault? (betrayal And Revenge) A Short Story / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / It Pays To Be Honest(a Short Story) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story by Baruch28(m): 4:23pm On Jul 20, 2016
This country can surprise and give you a red eye all at once. There was a another riot in my area just now. We ran under a bridge for shelter. Udego and I were having a plate of fish pepper soup when we both heard the shout of "Allahu akbar." We were gone from the canteen before Yellow Sisi could say "finish am o" or "pay me my money." "Man mi. You hear that gun?" Udego asked on our way to hide. "No shaking o" I replied. "Comot for road" Udego berated a bulky man in front of us. "Who come Abuja come look street light, eh?" the man replied. Some women in aso-ebi had removed their shoes and were running and sobbing. "Nna eh" Udego turned to me. "Wetin mai-gaskiya dey do sef?" This latest conflict had ruined our plans to run bottles that night. "Wallahi, this president is even more stubborn than warri boys" I replied. "Na wa o. Aboki sef dey form boss" Udego quipped. "It is not a small thing my broda" I added. "I no send if fire burn dis country sef" Udego was frustrated. "How we go take hammer if na fight everyday" I sounded concerned. "This our holy-holy don expire sha" He thought. "Bros, whish level?" It was Akpan hailing us from the betting shop across the road. "Man-must-wack, you don go see landlord?" Udego asked Akpan. "Bros, you fall my hand. You nor fit ask me how school?" Akpan had absconded from home for his backlog of rent. "Your father! Who will pay your school fees?" I was surprised. Udego spoke good english for the first time.

(1) (Reply)

Abisola Shotade: The Woman With The Heart Of A Lion / Woman! You Are Greatly Loved / Aisha's Experience. Fiction Based On Events In North East Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.