Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,821 members, 7,798,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora (3152 Views)

The Scam Called Jumia (UPDATE: item finally returned) / Are Wise People Still Into This Scam / I Nearly Fell Into This Scam. Beware Of It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by databoy247(m): 6:43pm On Jul 20, 2016
I Will Rob Peter and Pay You, Paul - Everything You Want To Know About This Scam Called MMM
==========================================

In 2001, I was a starry eyed University student, who was desirous of making it big in life and becoming rich.

I was looking for businesses opportunities that would make me a lot of money. I tried different things.

In 2003, November to be precise, I stumbled on internet marketing, through Success Digest magazine.

Over the next few years I would try almost everything published in the paper - affiliate marketing, information marketing, Google Adsense, you name it.

In 2006, one particular money-making scheme came up which attracted hordes of fans. That scheme was/is known as HYIP.

What's a HYIP? It's called a High Yield Investment Programme.

Basically how it works is this:

You put in some money, and then every day or week, or month, depending on the particular HYIP website you registered with, you would earn a percentage, maybe 10%, 15%, 20%, 25%, 50% and even 100% again depending on the HYIP site.

It looked so easy. Just put in money and wait for sometime and bam! You get a percentage.

It looked too good to be true but nothing tried, nothing gained, right? So I gathered my school feeding money and bought eGold (remember them?) worth $50 and "invested".

The following week, my money had "grown" to $100. My HYIP company paid 100% of your money every week. My oh my! I was totally sold!

Now to make more money, I needed to reinvest my money which was now $100 which I promptly did. The following week, I had $200.

Gaddem!

So I went round school preaching this stuff. I even preached it far more than the guy who introduced it to me. I got others to "invest" and with each investment they did, I was scheduled to be paid a 10% "commission bonus" for the referral.

I went looking for more money to borrow to invest because my thinking was, if I had gotten $200 with just $50 in two weeks, imagine how much I would get if I invested $500!

The guy who introduced me to it went to his Mum, borrowed her retirement gratuity and invested another =N=500,000, roughly about $5,000 then!

That week he had earned $13,000 including commissions!

Sheet!

I could see my riches coming. My dream cars, my beach house. I prayed to God morning and evening thanking him for remembering me.

It was like a blessing for everyone, and naturally people poured into this scheme.

One day, I got a call from Nonso, the guy who invited me. He sounded desperate, his voice shaky as he asked me if I had checked my HYIP account. I said no.

"What's the problem, I asked?"

"I can't see the money in my account anymore", he said. "My money is gone."

When he said that, I felt my heart sink, my stomach turned and I suddenly felt sick. If I remember correctly, I think I pissed a little hot urine on myself.

"Where are you?" I asked. He was at a cybercafe town, so I jumped into a bus and went to meet him.

As I was logging into my own acount, my mouth was dry but my account opened!

"Ah! Thank God" I said.

Anyways, Nonso had requested for the HYIP company to send him $7,000 out of his $13,000 which was perfectly okay to do. You were allowed to request a payout anytime you want, between Monday - Friday.

However, after he had placed the request, he logged in a few days later, and his balance was no longer there. It had been wiped out. In fact the page that showed your account was no longer opening.

"It must be something wrong with your account I said. Have you emailed them?" He had emailed, but got no reply. Called the numbers on the website, but they were not going through.

So I placed a payout request of $100, and suddenly, my own account balance was wiped out.

Sweat started forming on my brows. I refresh the page again and again, still the same thing. The account balance page was no longer opening.

We went back to school hoping that things would change. It didn't. It took me several days to come to terms with the fact that my $200 abi $50 was gone forever.

Someone in Iran, Russia, Ukraine, only God knows where had taken my money and it was gone.

Nonso's mother's gratuity was gone. All the monies by those I introduced? Gone! I and Nonso became almost like outcasts in the school. Nobody wanted to deal with us anymore as far as business was concerned. We were blamed for the con.

Why am I telling you this story?

Because lately, I have been receiving offers from people to promote a ponzi scheme called MMM.

They tell me it's a business. That it works. That people have been paid money, blah blah blah.

I want to use this piece to write an article and wash my hands off this matter once and for all.

MMM is a ponzi scheme. Simple and short. I have been in business long enough to smell a scam from a thousands miles away, and this one is a big scam.

It's the return of the HYIP days of 2006.

Ponzi scams reinvent themselves every few years, change their name, wear "new clothes" and come out as the newest best thing since sliced bread.

In 2008, they returned as wonder banks - Nospetco, Gradual Investments, etc. In 2010 it was Clickviral. In 2012 - 2013, it was "Oil and Gas Investment" companies. Today it's MMM.

MMM is a scam. It is not a real business.

A real business has A PRODUCT to SELL, a product that adds value to the person buying it. There's an EXCHANGE of value between both sides - the buyer and the seller.

MMM doesn't have that. Rather it "pays" you a "commission" to refer people. Where does it get the money to pay these commissions? For how long can this be sustained?

What product does MMM sell? Why does an "investor" take his money and "gift" it to some stranger, and then wait for someone else to choose him and also "gift" him too?

If you don't get someone to choose you, then you wait and your money "grows"? Grows? How so? With fertilizer? Where will MMM get the money to pay you this percentage from? Will they steal it?

The most alarming thing about this stuff is this mysterious program is based in Russia. Russia? Are you kidding me? Anyone who knows anything knows that Russia is a country full of murderous mobsters who run illegal gambling operations, money laundering and prostitution rings.

They have since forever created similar programs to mop money up, transfers their illegal funds and pay off people to kill their rivals.

Are you unknowingly helping support a Russia mafia boss and putting innocent people in danger while perpetrating money laundering, illegal gambling and prostitution?

I will not be surprised if the EFCC swoops on the people who run these and guess who they will come after? Yes you the big gun who is pushing this everywhere.

And no, you cannot blame Buhari for your misfortune when it happens.

Frankly, it amazes me that people who should be knowledgeable are pimping this MMM stuff.

It's a scam. And it will collapse like all ponzis do. It's just a matter of time. If you really care about your audience and want their good, not just money that will enter your pocket by doing a seminar, then you will NEVER promote that shit.

It speaks volumes about the mentality of the general masses that they always gravitate towards a business "opportunity" that requires, "no work" and no "effort".

NEWSFLASH: The only way to make money is to actually provide something of value to another person in exchange for cash, not to give someone money and then wait for another person to give you.

What nonsense is that?

This is my last say about this MMM and similar cash gifting programs. I do not want any part of it. I do not wish to receive any further enquiry about it from anybody.

And please, next time before you come into my inbox with some frivolous questions about a program, do me and you a favour, fire up Google and do some research about it FIRST.

Thank you.

https://www.facebook.com/ikennanzimora/posts/10153964727608558

5 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by dking123: 7:08pm On Jul 20, 2016
greetings boss.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by otitokoroleti: 7:19pm On Jul 20, 2016
I rather punt with my money rather than putting it into FUCKINGMMMSHIT

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by databoy247(m): 7:36pm On Jul 20, 2016
otitokoroleti:
I rather punt with my money rather than putting it into FUCKINGMMMSHIT

grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by Nobody: 12:57am On Jul 21, 2016
front page material
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by 2sexynet: 6:19am On Jul 21, 2016
History will always repeat itself smiley Even the so called "top internet marketers" are promoting it.

I pity people who they will lure.

Nigerian Internet Marketers are fraudsters. Take it from me.

Most of them promote and sell things they will not use, from physical products of all kinds. Just name it.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by Princesaha: 8:20am On Jul 21, 2016
This is a front page material. Thanks for your useful info Op. Somebody should go call the Mods cos it seems he is still sleeping.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by databoy247(m): 11:28am On Jul 21, 2016
Princesaha:
This is a front page material. Thanks for your useful info Op. Somebody should go call the Mods cos it seems he is still sleeping.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by Freeman247(m): 1:19pm On Jul 21, 2016
This was a quality time devoted to rescue the suffering masses from this wolf in sheep cloth called mmm.

Collecting money from Paul for Peter on charity.

Although I wasn't armed with this info. Since I heard about them closed to a year ago. But I was skeptical of the interest rate.

If you are reading this and your money is with them just request for it and pray that it will not collapse before their response.

Let educate the member of the public any time you are opportune Of the impending danger in doing business with them.

The authority concern must also wade in.

As a matter of fact I will initiate this immediatly and even to all financial regulatory bodies.

Because this will tell on our economy. It is a wrong way transferring wealth as most people claim about the program At the detriment of a certain category of pple.
It going to worsens the economy situation if allowed to continue.

Thank you OP.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by databoy247(m): 4:21pm On Jul 21, 2016
Cc: Lalasticlala
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by azelab: 5:26pm On Jul 21, 2016
thanks for the word of advice, God will bless you. thanks alot.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by fastlane84: 6:30pm On Jul 21, 2016
trash.............Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by lastmessenger: 8:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
Meaning what?
fastlane84:
trash.............Passing Over Opportunities Repeatedly

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by dandollaz: 8:24am On Jul 22, 2016
Op God bless you someone have been stalking me to register since last week.thank God I said to myself I will never invest in networking biz my life have seen where they vaporize with people money.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by databoy247(m): 10:37am On Jul 22, 2016
dandollaz:
Op God bless you someone have been stalking me to register since last week.thank God I said to myself I will never invest in networking biz my life have seen where they vaporize with people money.

Instead of you to register with MLM, biko go and buy isi-ewu and chi-exotic. That way you go know say na you chop your money by yourself. grin grin
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by natakin(f): 12:10pm On Jul 22, 2016
Everyone knows that this is impossible. But an ignorant comes,
who does not know this and makes an invention
Albert Einstein

@op....The easiest thing t do is to come online, create a topic and paste what a blind man (mind) has written...
I will continue to say it...please you dont know who is reading your post...do your research before coming online, posting things you dont have FULL understanding about...
How can an unmarried boy advice on a 25 years crumbling marriage....

Further more, information is every where...easy to get...but unfortunately, the media, all these giants, well-established media are cruelly efficient brainwashing state-machines designed to keep you off the light.streamline your mode of thinking that things can not be done differently.

I am not an advocate for MMM....i believe only in the truth....do your research!...read!....listen to both parties.....and if you dont really know something,keep quiet...

Risk is everything..even sleeping at night...

this is just the beginning!!!

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by lastmessenger: 12:24pm On Jul 22, 2016
I don't really like the mmm thing. Somehow I got into and was paid 75k after putting in 50k.
I made a decision not to continue because I see the whole thing as a lazy man's venture which is definitely bound to collapse somehow.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by databoy247(m): 2:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
lastmessenger:
I don't really like the mmm thing. Somehow I got into and was paid 75k after putting in 50k.
I made a decision not to continue because I don't see the whole thing as a lazy man's venture which is definitely bound to collapse somehow.
So how long did you wait before getting paid? Thank God you got your money out.

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by lastmessenger: 2:15pm On Jul 22, 2016
3weeks
databoy247:

So how long did you wait before getting paid? Thank God you got your money out.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by NLresidentQS(m): 9:32pm On Jul 22, 2016
Hmmm... Decisions.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by udysweet(f): 6:01am On Jul 23, 2016
I get invited severally to these stuff(even got invited by a NLer who ddnt hint me about what he was inviting me for,jus painted the whole thing so beautifully well wit "words". On the day I got to the venue I realised wat it was,I cldnt run off then,so I jus stayed put,till the end,lol!
I don't hav strength to talk to people o nd be convincing them mbok!
About the so called oil and gas been part of them,true o. I guess I was very lucky I got out my money frm those ones too,or else the sppirit of my late mother wouldn't have forgiven and would evn chase me back till I got out the last kobo from them,hahahahaha! They give you juicy interest rate that banks can never give you and lure you in,then once you're in,excuses begins!
Its trully robbing Peter to pay Paul jare

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by cybercares(m): 6:07am On Jul 23, 2016
MMM is not rob Peter pay Paul kind of business, is not pyramid scheme, or HYIP. It's about giving help and getting help. If you don't give help you cannot get help. It's a different kind of investment.

As for me, MMM is the bomb and I I'm making real money from It . I invested 150k now I'm worth 210k with bonus. I wish I can explain how it works here but I don't have time to do so . I have a friend that has been doing it in the last 6 months with just 80k and now he's worth 500 . well MMM is not for everyone, it's for the wise and Smart.

Op is judging the book by the cover and he does not research. Too bad
Do research about or message me on whatsapp on my MTN number. Check my profile for my number.

2 Likes

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by cybercares(m): 6:15am On Jul 23, 2016
natakin:
Albert Einstein

@op....The easiest thing t do is to come online, create a topic and paste what a blind man (mind) has written...
I will continue to say it...please you dont know who is reading your post...do your research before coming online, posting things you dont have FULL understanding about...

Further more, information is every where...easy to get...but unfortunately, the media, all these giants, well-established media are cruelly efficient brainwashing state-machines designed to keep you off the light.streamline your mode of thinking that things can not be done differently.

I am not an advocate for MMM....i believe only in the truth....do your research!...read!....listen to both parties.....and if you dont really know something,keep quiet...

Thanks my brother. I was thinking like Op some a months and a half ago, but I can proudly say MMM is the best investment so far. You don't have to be rich to start. Start little as 5k to understand how it works before invest g big.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by cybercares(m): 6:18am On Jul 23, 2016
udysweet:
I get invited severally to these stuff(even got invited by a NLer who ddnt hint me about what he was inviting me for,jus painted the whole thing so beautifully well wit "words". On the day I got to the venue I realised wat it was,I cldnt run off then,so I jus stayed put,till the end,lol!
I don't hav strength to talk to people o nd be convincing them mbok!
About the so called oil and gas been part of them,true o. I guess I was very lucky I got out my money frm those ones too,or else the sppirit of my late mother wouldn't have forgiven and would evn chase me back till I got out the last kobo from them,hahahahaha! They give you juicy interest rate that banks can never give you and lure you in,then once you're in,excuses begins!
Its trully robbing Peter to pay Paul jare

This has nothing to do with mmm. Nobody is collecting money from you. You only get or give help. Check my profile for my MTN number let's chat on whatsapp.
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by toideve(m): 5:12pm On Jul 31, 2016
Ignorance is a disease! You trust your bank so much with your hard earned money and somebody somewhere is calling MMM scam. MMM is operating on the same principle banks operate on. OP, abeg what products are banks selling?
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by Humblega(m): 7:41pm On Jul 31, 2016
toideve:
Ignorance is a disease! You trust your bank so much with your hard earned money and somebody somewhere is calling MMM scam. MMM is operating on the same principle banks operate on. OP, abeg what products are banks selling?

Banks trade with ur money bro. They loan it out to investors and top business men. What of MMM? Ur justificatn is not for here.

1 Like

Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by KingsleyTMTTM(m): 8:11pm On Jul 31, 2016
hmmmm i tire ooh
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by mercichoco(f): 8:27pm On Jul 31, 2016
Chai! Op i registered o, my cousin refered me, they sent him money and i saw the alert. i'm now confused
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by Davedonrich(m): 10:25pm On Jul 31, 2016
hmm
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by Tushmum(f): 10:38pm On Jul 31, 2016
Nobody is forcing anyone to join MMM..
MMM is not for everybody...
As for me,MMMPAYS....
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by dmostcheerful(f): 11:08pm On Jul 31, 2016
See the set of ignorant people that full MMM, how can someone who hasn't been to Europe tell me that has been to Europe, studied and learnt all about Europe all about Europe.
I will and am still saying, if you don't take risk you will work for those who do.
Before you spew trash head to MMM home page and read on "MMM IDEOLOGY".
Re: Everything You Need To Know About This Scam Called MMM - Ronald Nzimora by nigerianvenom(m): 12:30am On Aug 01, 2016
natakin:
Albert Einstein

. U have succeeded in saying nothing. I'm sure u are one of them.very sure.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What's Happening On The Lekki Axis? / Ogun To Become An Economic Power House - Amosun / Buy Cheap And Enjoy Free Shipping To Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.