Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,222 members, 7,780,421 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 01:59 PM

My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) (2482 Views)

My Terrible Experience With SARS In Lagos. / My Terrible Experience With A Scammer, Omoshinayo Omo Muibat-oyetunji Jubril / Housewife Loses Eye After Terrible Fight With 79-year-old Mother-in-law (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by tempest01(m): 7:21pm On Jul 20, 2016
It all started in the evening of June 26, 2016. KLOG (https://www.nairaland.com/klog) updated a topic here on nairaland showing He had 200 dollars payoneer funds from his fiverr for sale for 40,000 naira (which he has now deleted). Given the Buhari economy right now, I had naira in my local account, and was looking for forex badly, I immediately declared interest in the deal. We got chatting and that is when my travails began.

After much bickering on who is going to make the transfer first, I logged into internet banking and made a screenshot of my account balance and sent to him. He responded rudely on why I was showing him my balance, that statement irked me, but given that I knew others will be negotiating for the same deal, i explained to him that it is just to show that the funds was there and if he made the transfer and i confirm it, i'll forward the money to him. I asked ''If there is no balance, what will i transfer to you''. And he said he did not trust me that I was too direct. I asked him if he rather deals with people that will sweet talk him and then at the end they scam him?

I then noticed he was holding out,I then decided to take a risk. I told him to show me proof of the 200 dollars by making a screenshot of it, and i will make the transfer first and hold him on his word to send the funds to my payoneer account. He sent the screenshot (without the name on the account) and I did a blunder which I have learnt from going forward - I transferred 40,000 naira to his account.

As if God was on my side, the first error went unpunished as he made a transfer to my payoneer account of 200 dollars. This is where my problem began. First thing i noticed was that the name on the account the money came from was not his and after sometime the owner mailed me on the issue, that money was transferred from his account. I got his contact, and we got talking. He was from Pakistan and he lamented on what he wanted to do with the money after doing some jobs for people. We agreed to share the loss 50/50 and I made a transfer in Pakistani rupee of 100 dollar equivalent (10,500 PR) to his local account. He had previously reported his account was hacked and seeing that my account was the account the money was transferred to, my payoneer account was disabled. Calling customer care, I was told to send in any documents about myself which i did and to my greatest surprise, today i noticed my account was closed. I still had the 200 dollars in it. I called and was told the fraud unit closed my account and there is no explanation - that i violated company policy.

I am not in the country right now, but i would have taken steps to prosecute Adedoyin (Klog). And i would appreciate anyone that can help to please contact me. The EFCC should have a unit that can handle these type of fraud cases as the digital footprint is there at their disposal, and it wont take time to investigate and successfully prosecute. These are the people giving us a bad name outside and others bear the brunt and also a lot of people are being defrauded daily, but there is no effective medium to prosecute the culprits despite glaring evidences. Our Financial security guys need tosit up.

I am currently at a loss of the 100 dollars refunded to the pakistani guy and 40,000 naira transferred to Adedoyin. That is my story.

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by ladyF(f): 8:14pm On Jul 20, 2016
shocked

Klog will be in jail very soon...you heard it here first. grin

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by Edgarated(m): 8:25pm On Jul 20, 2016
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by pythonkid(m): 8:42pm On Jul 20, 2016
Im just here to check names ...
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by tempest01(m): 8:59pm On Jul 20, 2016
I've traced his profile...seems he teaches ethical hacking at Sani bello foundation.

Seems he's from Illorin.
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by ubcandid(m): 10:55pm On Jul 20, 2016
in my opinion : in cases of fraud like this involving international organisations with definitive guidelines and control you shouldn't have gone on to be the arbiter of the case. You should have let them know what transpired between you and the guy because the report made by the affected party has put your profile in disrepute and has he (the affected party) informed payoneer on the deal and refund between you two?

how did the affected party get your contact details and why was the block on your account made after you had transferred the fund? the affected party still see's you as a cohort and i guess the report he made guided them to the action they took because every one knows that accounts get hacked and even facebook and other organisations have ways of combating this.

you have lost on two ends. you knew quite frankly that you wouldnt get the 40k back but went on to transfer funds to the guy in pakistan. you made things complicated for yourself.

3 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by tempest01(m): 12:15am On Jul 21, 2016
ubcandid:
in my opinion : in cases of fraud like this involving international organisations with definitive guidelines and control you shouldn't have gone on to be the arbiter of the case. You should have let them know what transpired between you and the guy because the report made by the affected party has put your profile in disrepute and has he (the affected party) informed payoneer on the deal and refund between you two?

how did the affected party get your contact details and why was the block on your account made after you had transferred the fund? the affected party still see's you as a cohort and i guess the report he made guided them to the action they took because every one knows that accounts get hacked and even facebook and other organisations have ways of combating this.

you have lost on two ends. you knew quite frankly that you wouldnt get the 40k back but went on to transfer funds to the guy in pakistan. you made things complicated for yourself.

Payoneer utilizes email as username and he sent me a mail since the hacker transferred the money to my payoneer (email). The affected party just reported that his account was hacked I think they took the decision themselves, he didn't tell them to block my account. We have a good rapport now and if they are to refund him the 200 dollars, I am pretty sure he will forward to me.

I tried explaining to the customer care what transpired when i noticed they were requesting for so many documents. I tried getting to speak to the fraud unit and they told me customers dont contact them directly. And i asked how then do they come to conclusion that I went against company policy when they finally blocked my account as they didn't get my input. But the customer care agent could do little as the fraud guys where the main guys.

I subsequently explained the situatuation and asked for a refund. She forwarded the request, and I am waiting for feedback.
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by ubcandid(m): 1:17am On Jul 21, 2016
tempest01:

Payoneer utilizes email as username and he sent me a mail since the hacker transferred the money to my payoneer (email). The affected party just reported that his account was hacked I think they took the decision themselves, he didn't tell them to block my account. We have a good rapport now and if they are to refund him the 200 dollars, I am pretty sure he will forward to me.

I tried explaining to the customer care what transpired when i noticed they were requesting for so many documents. I tried getting to speak to the fraud unit and they told me customers dont contact them directly. And i asked how then do they come to conclusion that I went against company policy when they finally blocked my account as they didn't get my input. But the customer care agent could do little as the fraud guys where the main guys.

I subsequently explained the situation and asked for a refund. She forwarded the request, and I am waiting for feedback.

exactly my thinking. I think those guys are going to contact EFCC and they may come after you to get the hacker or the payoneer guys if not satisfied with your stance may report you as a suspect to EFCC. BE ON GUARD!!! the whites can be crazy to NIGERIAN'S
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by tempest02: 8:51am On Jul 21, 2016
ubcandid:

exactly my thinking. I think those guys are going to contact EFCC and they may come after you to get the hacker or the payoneer guys if not satisfied with your stance may report you as a suspect to EFCC. BE ON GUARD!!! the whites can be crazy to NIGERIAN'S

My greatest fear....right now, i don't want the payoneer account again, I just want the funds returned to me, I have learnt a valuable lesson from this experience which will be useful when transacting online in the future.
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by XaintJoel20: 5:07pm On Jul 21, 2016
Quest for quick money is the cause of the nonsense and our security agencies don't have what it take to clamp down on the fraudsters...
Too bad for Nigeria...
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by bdavis: 6:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
tempest02:

My greatest fear....right now, i don't want the payoneer account again, I just want the funds returned to me, I have learnt a valuable lesson from this experience which will be useful when transacting online in the future.

How certain are you that the Pakistani dude is not klog or an accomplice of his? He should have reported to payoneer and not contact you...he played on your emotional intelligence with all the stories of what he wanted to do with the money. If he told payoneer he has been in touch with you and he is sure you were a victim, they wouldn't have closed your account.

Have you asked him to help plead your case with payoneer? If no, ask him.

2 Likes

Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by TCD: 7:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
na WA o.. so payoneer can be hacked.. one needs to be very careful Sha.
please paste the guys name, phone numbwe and account number and tag it as scammer so when one searches nairaland it will be very visible as a scam account.
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by bdavis: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2016
TCD:
na WA o.. so payoneer can be hacked.. one needs to be very careful Sha.
please paste the guys name, phone numbwe and account number and tag it as scammer so when one searches nairaland it will be very visible as a scam account.

There's nothing that is not hackable
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by reality1: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2016

tempest01:
It all started in the evening of June 26, 2016. KLOG (https://www.nairaland.com/klog) updated a topic here on nairaland showing He had 200 dollars payoneer funds from his fiverr for sale for 40,000 naira (which he has now deleted). Given the Buhari economy right now, I had naira in my local account, and was looking for forex badly, I immediately declared interest in the deal. We got chatting and that is when my travails began.

After much bickering on who is going to make the transfer first, I logged into internet banking and made a screenshot of my account balance and sent to him. He responded rudely on why I was showing him my balance, that statement irked me, but given that I knew others will be negotiating for the same deal, i explained to him that it is just to show that the funds was there and if he made the transfer and i confirm it, i'll forward the money to him. I asked ''If there is no balance, what will i transfer to you''. And he said he did not trust me that I was too direct. I asked him if he rather deals with people that will sweet talk him and then at the end they scam him?

I then noticed he was holding out,I then decided to take a risk. I told him to show me proof of the 200 dollars by making a screenshot of it, and i will make the transfer first and hold him on his word to send the funds to my payoneer account. He sent the screenshot (without the name on the account) and I did a blunder which I have learnt from going forward - I transferred 40,000 naira to his account.

As if God was on my side, the first error went unpunished as he made a transfer to my payoneer account of 200 dollars. This is where my problem began. First thing i noticed was that the name on the account the money came from was not his and after sometime the owner mailed me on the issue, that money was transferred from his account. I got his contact, and we got talking. He was from Pakistan and he lamented on what he wanted to do with the money after doing some jobs for people. We agreed to share the loss 50/50 and I made a transfer in Pakistani rupee of 100 dollar equivalent (10,500 PR) to his local account. He had previously reported his account was hacked and seeing that my account was the account the money was transferred to, my payoneer account was disabled. Calling customer care, I was told to send in any documents about myself which i did and to my greatest surprise, today i noticed my account was closed. I still had the 200 dollars in it. I called and was told the fraud unit closed my account and there is no explanation - that i violated company policy.

I am not in the country right now, but i would have taken steps to prosecute Adedoyin (Klog). And i would appreciate anyone that can help to please contact me. The EFCC should have a unit that can handle these type of fraud cases as the digital footprint is there at their disposal, and it wont take time to investigate and successfully prosecute. These are the people giving us a bad name outside and others bear the brunt and also a lot of people are being defrauded daily, but there is no effective medium to prosecute the culprits despite glaring evidences. Our Financial security guys need tosit up.

I am currently at a loss of the 100 dollars refunded to the pakistani guy and 40,000 naira transferred to Adedoyin. That is my story.

The solution is as simple as ABC. You have his bank account details which he used to collect 40,000 from you, right? Simply use that to track him,simple!
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by 2special(m): 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2016
Pls post his/her full name which you pay into,the bank and the date...and Let me help you start from there.....we have the black and White hackers,the black hackers can hack ANY website,even the CIA,FBI sites were hacked.
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by Oldlayez: 1:09am On Aug 23, 2016
Why has his full names and account details not posted yet?

1 Like

Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by tempest01(m): 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2016
this is the hackers Profile

Name: Adedoyin A. Victor

Acct no: 2035542179, UBA

Phone no: +2348181964257

Profile: ICT Instructor at Sani Bello Foundation - ethical hacking.
University of Ilorin - Bachelor of Science (BSc), Chemistry 2011
Government Secondary School, Ilorin - 2006

email - manneckaz@yahoo.com

1 Share

Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by ladyF(f): 4:41pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nairaland needs to be featuring these scammers on FP. These scammers will continue since they know their scamming activities will be buried under 3 million other topics.

tempest01:
this is the hackers Profile
Name: Adedoyin A. Victor
Acct no: 2035542179, UBA
Phone no: +2348181964257
Profile: ICT Instructor at Sani Bello Foundation - ethical hacking.
University of Ilorin - Bachelor of Science (BSc), Chemistry 2011
Government Secondary School, Ilorin - 2006
email - manneckaz@yahoo.com

Cc Seun Dominique.

Hope this is not too much to ask for.
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by ladyF(f): 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
Lalasticlala Mynd44 front page please.
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by Nobody: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2016
Na wah oo... the guy they teach ethical hacking? Is this ethical?? Oju Ole re, o n be fi o fi o.

Make me sef follow call lalasticlala

Lala oo!!!!! Iwa ju opon o gbo, eyin opon o gbo

Lala ooooo!!!!! Ti won by pe oku ni popo.. alaiye ni n dahun....

Lalasticlala oooooooo!!!!!
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by hurricaneChris: 7:02am On Aug 25, 2016
Two sets of people who fall for scammers:

1 Greedy people

2 Desperate people.

When dollar was selling at almost 400 naira to a dollar, and someone from the INTERNET offers you at 200naira and you accepted. cheesy cheesy

Without even seeing this dude, you made away with your 40k, I think thats desperation.

Sorry you learnt this hard way.
Am a bit surprised you havent fallen for the..

"You number was selected among the winners for the shell/Agip 500k youth grant. Call my "Klog" on ************ to clain you cash price"

grin grin
Re: My Terrible Experience Transacting With A Nairalander (klog) by HazzanTazzan(m): 6:57pm On Nov 07, 2016
Hello tempest01...
Kindly reply your nairaland msg sir...
I need your help on this same guy .. Please

(1) (Reply)

Tragedy As Lady Commits Suicide Over Debt... How Much She Owed Will Shock You / Nigerian yahoo boys are taking over dating websites / Robbery In Agbado Crossing Area And Its Environs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.