Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,325 members, 7,808,097 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:09 AM

Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) (20346 Views)

IPOB Is A Threat To Unity, Herdsmen Is Not, Lai Mohammed Tells BBC - FFK Reacts / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Onyeka Nwelue Criticizes Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees Over Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by missphilz(f): 9:21am On Jul 21, 2016
keep quiet joor. An average educated yoruba man wuld nt utter such nonesense as dz. so ur linage is in question. such a shame for a yoruba acclaimed boi]
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by room089: 9:24am On Jul 21, 2016
Let them keep dreaming, afterall dream is free!
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by meekyrozzay: 9:25am On Jul 21, 2016
I SEE
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by ajilay(m): 9:26am On Jul 21, 2016
If biafra become a country, another civil war will happen between them. Because an nnewi man no go want ijaw man to rule him.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Giddyperson: 9:27am On Jul 21, 2016
Onyeka Nwelue is not Onyeka Onwenu's son, their names just sound alike, they do not even have the same surname.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by PrinceAfo911(m): 9:28am On Jul 21, 2016
* I want to make this clear that I am not in support of the quest for Biafra or its sovereignty. I must say that if anyone wants Biafra, he should be able to outline what we have in stock for a new nation: leaders and leadership scale. All these strategies need to be shown before I can show my support for it. Not like my support is needed*

"I'm not in support of Biafra agitation because I have a lot of things to do with my life .
The issue of Biafra is a long rope (paraphrased)

I was reading to see how the guy blasted IPOB but I never saw IPOB in the write up.
the person that gave the title of this post is so daft that he wrote this out of sentiment.

For Christ sake why not put up things the way they are instead of exaggerating it?

And for My Igbo brothers why do most of you lack common reasoning,must you castigate or term a man a bastard when he air his own view?

disappointing tittle, disappointing comments.

6 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ngozi123(f): 9:30am On Jul 21, 2016
The title of this thread is very misleading. He didn't 'blast' the B.iafran agitators in any way; he laid some valid criticisms to the movement but I don't see how that can equate to 'blasting' it. Also, when he said that B.iafra is a "long rope", he meant that, in his opinion, it will take a long time for the agitators to achieve it, which many Igbos already know- Rome wasn't built in a day.

To see people using this man's excellent article as a reason to insult Igbos and the B.iafran movement is risible considering that the whole point of the article was to discuss the mentality of Nigerian youths, perhaps, in a condescending manner, and their inability to learn about their history. It's rather ironic that the majority of those throwing insults here and misinterpreting the article are Nigerian youths who probably know very little about the war, just like Khalifa Usman Mustapha...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Badtman(m): 9:31am On Jul 21, 2016
OlanreJohnson:
We yoruba musleeems are happy about this news because it helps to keep the oil from the former Eastern region flowing to us in Osun. Without oil we can't survive in the SW.
Oga use your brain, Mod abegi oo
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by kjhova(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2016
Guyman02:
A youth is reminding other youths about the intellect of youths representing them as advisers in Buharis govt and youths are derailing the thread with Biafra Igbo Yoruba feud. Very sad The northerners will not condemn the boy despite his poor knowledge of the history of Nigeria.
But again the title of this article is misleading.

The poster obviously MISREPRESENTED the story with a scam headline. Nwelue never said anything in reference to IPOB nor did he knock the agitation for Biafra. The main thing he did was accuse today's young people of ignorance and lack of desire for intellectual discuss and will to read. The truth of that is very evident here as truly ignorant kids have jumped off a touching article and descended into mud fight of Yoruba vs Igbo etc when they know very little about the rich history of these ethnicity which they claim readiness to die for. How did we get to this abysmal level, Nigeria, how did we all become collectively so dumb?

Biafra has become a toxic topic today because we have refused to discuss it over the years, because we have pretended that it was not there while all the time it was boldly in our face! No movies, no books, no essays, no documentaries, no comics, no cartoons, no maps, no songs, no research, no short stories, no remembrance, no museum, nothing!! We turned this big war into a NO VICTOR, ALL VANQUISHED!!

Kids, read, please do! Not for the sake of Nigeria nor for the sake of Biafra (if you are so inclined to that country) but for your own sake and for the sake of your brain and your children's state of mind!!! Gosh!!!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by proxillin(m): 9:32am On Jul 21, 2016
OlanreJohnson:
We yoruba musleeems are happy about this news because it helps to keep the oil from the former Eastern region flowing to us in Osun. Without oil we can't survive in the SW.

What about the oil in Ondo and Lagos?

Are they in the East too ?

4 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by janykute: 9:35am On Jul 21, 2016
All these ifeajunas with Igbo names,a serious DNA test should be carried out on them to actually determine their ethnicity.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ddy(m): 9:36am On Jul 21, 2016
Nice and educative speech but less I forget, I know your mother,pls who is your ur father and where is he from.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by justhelp(m): 9:38am On Jul 21, 2016
OlanreJohnson:
must you call yourself a yoruba before you comment ? I know your type, the typical flaties comment

6 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by jayblisz(m): 9:40am On Jul 21, 2016
@victorvexz me thinks ur suffering from a regretable disregard to an obvious abundance of education.little boy Biafra had been b4 Nigeria but I think I recognize ur difficulties,now Note: Nigeria is d brainchild of mrs Flora Shaw (a white lady) whereas Biafra predates even written history. Now get it right boy,d struggle became popular in 1967 so Biafranism runs in d blood,it's an identity.Nigeria isn't.jux a creation of d imperialist whites' imagination. You can save ur gratitude boy.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ngozi123(f): 9:41am On Jul 21, 2016
DerKaiser:
What a very deceptive thread title. Gosh!!!

Why are people so lazy and ignorant on these nairaland forums?

They all read the very misleading title and jumped to the comment section to shower themselves with feces.

Nowhere did the guy mention IPOB in his write up nor even make a demeaning comment or snide remarks towards them.

He was pummeling some hausa-fulani idiot for his poor knowledge of the Biafran War and for attempting to avoid his question to him.

He only didn't state his support for or rejection of the Biafra struggle in order to make his write up appear neutral, calling it "a long rope".

If anything, he was blasting the "one-nigeria" buffoons for their gross stupidity and low intelligence.

A long rope simple means a broad and comprehensive topic that should be discussed in length and details and never an insult.

Some of you one-nigeria animals really live a very pathetic and despicable life.

The mere mention of Biafra creates uncontrolled panic and restlessness amongst y'all.

Are the Igbos and other Biafrans the very string that holds your life source, without which your very own existence ceases?

Why this parasitism when they have completely rejected you and remind you about it at any given opportunity?

*Spits on this retarded thread and its creator*

Thank you nwannem. I shared a similar sentiment in my post above but I can't believe that it took 2 pages for someone to expose the op for the troublemaker that he is. As for the people making fun of the B.iafrans here, the joke is well and truly on them as the article was insulting them more than any other demographic of people and, by failing to read the full article and then coming to their own conclusions about it, they proved that what the writer was saying is indeed true. It's hilarious! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Nobody: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2016
why do guys look gay these days - hmmm
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by chuose: 9:45am On Jul 21, 2016
I don dey hear say the North & West of Nigeria are scared of being on their own.

I didn't believe it till I saw this.

So it's fear that is keeping Nigeria togther,
fear of the South-SOuth & the South-East teaming up.

This is what is making the rounds and now we know.

That Nigeria is scared of the South-South & South-East

mrkayusfit:
Biafra must never come. I'm afraid that biafra will be developed in few years if declared. They are technologically sound and we need their expertise to build Nigeria. We must all stand against biafra. We are Nigerians first before been our tribes. Lord luggard saw a potential in us before merging us together. The only way to kill biafra agitations is to keep Nnamdi kanu locked up. As for Soyinka, he is a disgrace to we yorubas. No sane yoruba man will be pro biafra. One nigeria till death do us apart sad

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by yoribo: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2016
[size=28pt]. Honestly I hate icons in Igbo land talking against their own blood. Biafra or no Biafra everybody in Nigeria is in deep poo. Don't defame your people because you want recognition from federal Government. I see this agitation is for the future not now, for unborn children. In other to seperate cannibal from harbivors. If you don't support the agitation better keep quiet.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by drnoel: 9:49am On Jul 21, 2016
broseme:
Guys take your time and read this.By the way the writer,Onyeka Nwelue,is someone I respect so much.
He is also the son of Music ICON Onyeka Onwenu.Below is what he wrote about Biafra.....

Enjoy I am still going to write about this, even though we had a chat over it last night and I felt cool with him, but I have to write this here for reasons you will find out later. Before I write this, I want to make this clear that I am not in support of the quest for Biafra or its sovereignty. I must say that if anyone wants Biafra, he should be able to outline what we have in stock for a new nation: leaders and leadership scale. All these strategies need to be shown before I can show my support for it. Not like my support is needed.

This young man's name is Khalifa Usman Mustapha. He's from the office of the SA to the President on Youth and Student Affairs.

Yesterday, at Transcorp Hilton, the High Commission of South Africa organised events to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Soweto Uprising which happened in 1976. Mrs Matheko Badana, who is 35 years and was born years after the Uprising, during her talk, said that she learnt about it in school, to be able to make projections for the future. The Uprising never repeated itself. But here, the war is about to repeat itself because we don't discuss the Biafran war. Pundits even argued that Biyi Bandele's Half of a Yellow Sun film was going to start war. Instead, it was going to start a healthy debate, but everyone ignored that aspect. Nigerians are in denial.

I am still disappointed in Khalifa Usman Mustapha, because he is not articulate and bright as he should be. He should have read about the war, he should have listened to stories about the war. That not anyone who wants to talk about Biafra is, in his own words, 'agitating for Biafra.' I am not agitating for Biafra. I have so many things to do with my life. Biafra is a long rope.

These were the pertinent questions I asked Khalifa as a representative of the Establishment yesterday using Mrs Badana's experience: "They teach about the Soweto Uprising in universities and colleges and schools in South Africa. Why can't we teach about the Biafran war in schools? What are we doing about it?"

Before answering my question, someone gave Khalifa a piece of paper which had details of the year the war happened. And he, dumbly, he started it like that. He actually said, "The war happened in 1967 and there is agitation of Biafra now. It is not the mandate of the government to discuss such issue."

The moderator, Professor Battery, intentionally tried to sideline me and move on with events, making sure that the Biafran issue was never raised, for which he apologised later during lunch. I still had to raise my voice to tell them that my question was not answered and the hall went quiet.

Khalifa gave a very unintelligent answer. He said: "It is not the mandate of the government to discuss Biafra." I walked out of the hall in protest.

I understand later that someone, on that panel, explained the question to him. And that was when I realised that I know why old people will never take us seriously in this country.

Khalifa's unintelligent response did not come from the fact that he is 25 years old. It is because he has refused to read. He has refused to engage in intellectual discourses happening every day. Khalifa is a true representation of the young Nigerian: he wants to be empowered, but he doesn't want to empower himself. I am worried about the future of Nigeria, because it is so bleak. I am worried about the young people all getting depressed every day because of the systemic failure of the nation to make life better for its citizenry, but people like Khalifa, even though we have made up and laughed, should resign from their positions for situations like this. I know he will keep his job and continue misrepresenting his office, but this is how we will continue bringing out half-baked brains.

I am sorry I had to sound like this, Mr. Khalifa. I did not mean any disrespect and I do not want to be your friend. You're not worth it!

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/onyeka-onwenus-son-is-not-in-support-of.html

This sums it all up for me. Biafra is long dead but we who where born after the massacre want to know, read about it, want to be educated so we don't repeat a dejavu and destroy thijgs for our children the way our parents did for us.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by drnoel: 9:50am On Jul 21, 2016
yoribo:
[size=28pt]. Honestly I hate icons in Igbo land talking against their own blood. Biafra or no Biafra everybody in Nigeria is in deep poo. Don't defame your people because you want recognition from federal Government. I see this agitation is for the future not now, for unborn children. In other to seperate cannibal from harbivors. If you don't support the agitation better keep quiet.[/size]

Then why do u still call them icons?

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by verygudbadguy(m): 9:54am On Jul 21, 2016
waternogetenemy:

@ YorubaFynest is dat u up there?

It is Nigeria that should leave Biafra land.

We have requested a referendum.

If Nigeria will not give us a referendum, then they should respect the rights to protest Nigeria occupation of our Ancestral Land.

Just 4 ur information all igbos are not in Lagos. Just so u are careful about the person u ask to leave west. I dont live or do business in Lagos.

Nice @ the referendum post up there. But don't you think that the UK fought for the Brexit in the Parliament and not on the street with violence.

I am not against you guys leaving Nigeria. I think you should do that peacefully and involve the National assembly.

For good one year in Senate and House of Rep., No representative from the East has said anything about referendum. I think you should hold your representatives accountable for that.

#OneNaija
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by pyxon(m): 9:56am On Jul 21, 2016
Puvour:
dude you talk too much. Mostly thrash though. Carry your biafra and leave the west. Simple

You Yoruba folks masturbate over Biafra more than the Igbos sef
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by JimiOgunlola: 9:56am On Jul 21, 2016
I hate Ipob because it threatens to take away food (crude oil) from our yoruba mouths.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Vatsyayana: 9:57am On Jul 21, 2016
My friend in Europe which you mentioned people pay their taxes without force or hinderance. Do you pay your Tax? Without being pursued?

waternogetenemy:

@ YorubaFynest

In Europe the government offer free modern housing with all amenity.

They offer free health care. They offer free education. Free prescription.

Free Travel, they offer you weekly/monthly benefit payment

Wat does Lagos offer to the people that contribute to the igr?

Lagos only takes, so people like u need to keep mute.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Victorvexz(m): 9:58am On Jul 21, 2016
Ngozi123:
The title of this thread is very misleading. He didn't 'blast' the B.iafran agitators in any way; he laid some valid criticisms to the movement but I don't see how that can equate to 'blasting' it. Also, when he said that B.iafra is a "long rope", he meant that, in his opinion, it will take a long time for the agitators to achieve it, which many Igbos already know- Rome wasn't built in a day.

To see people using this man's excellent article as a reason to insult Igbos and the B.iafran movement is risible considering that the whole point of the article was to discuss the mentality of Nigerian youths, perhaps, in a condescending manner, and their inability to learn about their history. It's rather ironic that the majority of those throwing insults here and misinterpreting the article are Nigerian youths who probably know very little about the war, just like Khalifa Usman Mustapha...
Lol, my sister keep consoling yourself with this ur interpretation of the article. I know e pain u die. He was clearly referring to Ipob. Just go to his Facebook page, and u will see many of his posts where he lambast Ipob members and Biafra agitators in general. Keep deceiving and consoling urself, Biafra is dead , lol
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by pyxon(m): 9:59am On Jul 21, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Wetin concern me with your central banks?

Now the world is bigger than Yoruba/Ibo?

Lol please actualize your Biafra and stop making noise.

I can assure you, if you leave, Yorubaland will prosper. As a matter of fact, don't worry about us.

No Igbo person cares whether Yoruba prospers or not. Its Yoruba people that can't keep their smelly mouths out of Igbo matter

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by QuotaSystem: 10:01am On Jul 21, 2016
Guyman02:
A youth is reminding other youths about the intellect of youths representing them as advisers in Buharis govt and youths are derailing the thread with Biafra Igbo Yoruba feud. Very sad The northerners will not condemn the boy despite his poor knowledge of the history of Nigeria.
But again the title of this article is misleading.

What's the boys business with a decided and forgotten war? As you've been shouting that the war was and is still not taught in schools then why are you surprised that it's an irrelevant issue to him? Are you confused?

To be honest, Khalifa was just being diplomatic because it's hard not to gloat while talking about a war won by Nigeria. Besides he was clearly doing his a job as a government representative, in reiterating the government's stand that it has no mandate to discuss biafra.

Onyeka is simply butthurt that the young chap cleverly dismissed his questions.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Victorvexz(m): 10:03am On Jul 21, 2016
QuotaSystem:

What's the boys business with a decided and forgotten war? As you've been shouting that the war was and is still not taught in schools then why are you surprised that it's a irrelevant issue to him? Are you confused?

To be honest, Khalifa was just being diplomatic because it's hard not to gloat while talking about a war won by Nigeria. Besides he was clearly doing his a job as a government representative, in reiterating the government's stand that it has no mandate to discuss biafra.

Onwenu is simply butthurt that the young chap cleverly dismissed his questions.
Correct response

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Vatsyayana: 10:03am On Jul 21, 2016
Because if we catch Biafra we will rape and impregnate Biafra!!

pyxon:

You Yoruba folks masturbate over Biafra more than the Igbos sef
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by IceMan85(m): 10:03am On Jul 21, 2016
Misleading headline. OP you are ma*d!
Tell me where he mentioned IPOB and how he blast them. Tell me the grammatical expression of long rope as used in the statement above. Smh
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ngozi123(f): 10:07am On Jul 21, 2016
kjhova:

The poster obviously MISREPRESENTED the story with a scam headline. Nwelue never said anything in reference to IPOB nor did he knock the agitation for Biafra. The main thing he did was accuse today's young people of ignorance and lack of desire for intellectual discuss and will to read. The truth of that is very evident here as truly ignorant kids have jumped off a touching article and descended into mud fight of Yoruba vs Igbo etc when they know very little about the rich history of these ethnicity which they claim readiness to die for. How did we get to this abysmal level, Nigeria, how did we all become collectively so dumb?

Biafra has become a toxic topic today because we have refused to discuss it over the years, because we have pretended that it was not there while all the time it was boldly in our face! No movies, no books, no essays, no documentaries, no comics, no cartoons, no maps, no songs, no research, no short stories, no remembrance, no museum, nothing!! We turned this big war into a NO VICTOR, ALL VANQUISHED!!

Kids, read, please do! Not for the sake of Nigeria nor for the sake of Biafra (if you are so inclined to that country) but for your own sake and for the sake of your brain and your children's state of mind!!! Gosh!!!

I would create a thread about the lack of intellectual discourse on the Biafran War but I'm sure that it'd be closed as soon as I opened it... undecided

The government doesn't realise that by failing to teach it's citizens about the war and being as impartial about it as possible, they leave it in the hands of our elders to teach us about it. For the non-Biafrans, it is a mere footnote in many of their minds as most of them were not greatly affected by the war. For the Biafrans, the war holds much sentimental value as most were/still are affected by it. This means that both sides are getting the bulk of their information from bias viewpoints that have been heavily influenced by propaganda. I think that they did this on purpose because anyone who has studied the Biafran War in some detail will tell you that history is indeed repeating itself.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by temptnow: 10:15am On Jul 21, 2016
YorubaFynest:

Later you'll say someone is holding you back.

Sometimes this type of "unity" doesn't work when one side is giving and giving and the other side offers nothing; BREXIT.

No one is stopping you from applying for visa for Yorubaland and to live under Yoruba law and order.

Please don't make noise about contributing to Lagos's IGR. Your 2x2 corner shops doesn't even add up to 5% of Lagos' IGR.

If you think otherwise, start moving your trading shops to the SE. Lagos will still soar.
are you sure? Cos during Christmas when they travel lagos always look dry like bonga fish. The igbos built lagos so they own it too. Cos lagos is a no mans land. Period

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC Has Majority In Senate –punch Investigation / Eko Electricity Apologises As National Grid Collapses / Just In: Gunmen Abduct Ribadu’s Brother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.