Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,384 members, 7,808,362 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) (20347 Views)

IPOB Is A Threat To Unity, Herdsmen Is Not, Lai Mohammed Tells BBC - FFK Reacts / IPOB Is Sponsored By Looters And The Politically Disgruntled - Lai Mohammed / Onyeka Nwelue Criticizes Buhari's Ambassadorial Nominees Over Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ngozi123(f): 10:18am On Jul 21, 2016
Victorvexz:

Lol, my sister keep consoling yourself with this ur interpretation of the article. I know e pain u die. He was clearly referring to Ipob. Just go to his Facebook page, and u will see many of his posts where he lambast Ipob members and Biafra agitators in general. Keep deceiving and consoling urself, Biafra is dead , lol

'Consoling myself with my interpretation of the article'= actually reading the article and having the reading comprehensive skills to understand what the writer is saying, right? Read the full article and come back to me because nowhere in the article does the writer even mention IPOB, he laid some valid criticism of the B.iafran movement that many Igbos have questioned, and are looking for solutions, themselves so please tell me how he has 'blasted' it. I'm not referring to any Facebook posts so I don't know why you brought that up. Read the article and you will clearly see who he is insulting.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Nobody: 10:23am On Jul 21, 2016
[s]
DerKaiser:
What a very deceptive thread title. Gosh!!!

Why are people so lazy and ignorant on these nairaland forums?

They all read the very misleading title and jumped to the comment section to shower themselves with feces.

Nowhere did the guy mention IPOB in his write up nor even make a demeaning comment or snide remarks towards them.

He was pummeling some hausa-fulani idiot for his poor knowledge of the Biafran War and for attempting to avoid his question to him.

He only didn't state his support for or rejection of the Biafra struggle in order to make his write up appear neutral, calling it "a long rope".

If anything, he was blasting the "one-nigeria" buffoons for their gross stupidity and low intelligence.

A long rope simple means a broad and comprehensive topic that should be discussed in length and details and never an insult.

Some of you one-nigeria animals really live a very pathetic and despicable life.

The mere mention of Biafra creates uncontrolled panic and restlessness amongst y'all.

Are the Igbos and other Biafrans the very string that holds your life source, without which your very own existence ceases?

Why this parasitism when they have completely rejected you and remind you about it at any given opportunity?

*Spits on this ret.arded thread and its creator*
[/s]

[size=18pt]
Biafra is dead and buried since 1970. We will not allow any stupid referendum for the Igbo's. Understood?? undecided[/size]
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Shirbrown(f): 10:24am On Jul 21, 2016
broseme:
Guys take your time and read this.By the way the writer,Onyeka Nwelue,is someone I respect so much.
He is also the son of Music ICON Onyeka Onwenu.Below is what he wrote about Biafra.....

Enjoy I am still going to write about this, even though we had a chat over it last night and I felt cool with him, but I have to write this here for reasons you will find out later. Before I write this, I want to make this clear that I am not in support of the quest for Biafra or its sovereignty. I must say that if anyone wants Biafra, he should be able to outline what we have in stock for a new nation: leaders and leadership scale. All these strategies need to be shown before I can show my support for it. Not like my support is needed.

This young man's name is Khalifa Usman Mustapha. He's from the office of the SA to the President on Youth and Student Affairs.

Yesterday, at Transcorp Hilton, the High Commission of South Africa organised events to celebrate the 40th Anniversary of the Soweto Uprising which happened in 1976. Mrs Matheko Badana, who is 35 years and was born years after the Uprising, during her talk, said that she learnt about it in school, to be able to make projections for the future. The Uprising never repeated itself. But here, the war is about to repeat itself because we don't discuss the Biafran war. Pundits even argued that Biyi Bandele's Half of a Yellow Sun film was going to start war. Instead, it was going to start a healthy debate, but everyone ignored that aspect. Nigerians are in denial.

I am still disappointed in Khalifa Usman Mustapha, because he is not articulate and bright as he should be. He should have read about the war, he should have listened to stories about the war. That not anyone who wants to talk about Biafra is, in his own words, 'agitating for Biafra.' I am not agitating for Biafra. I have so many things to do with my life. Biafra is a long rope.

These were the pertinent questions I asked Khalifa as a representative of the Establishment yesterday using Mrs Badana's experience: "They teach about the Soweto Uprising in universities and colleges and schools in South Africa. Why can't we teach about the Biafran war in schools? What are we doing about it?"

Before answering my question, someone gave Khalifa a piece of paper which had details of the year the war happened. And he, dumbly, he started it like that. He actually said, "The war happened in 1967 and there is agitation of Biafra now. It is not the mandate of the government to discuss such issue."

The moderator, Professor Battery, intentionally tried to sideline me and move on with events, making sure that the Biafran issue was never raised, for which he apologised later during lunch. I still had to raise my voice to tell them that my question was not answered and the hall went quiet.

Khalifa gave a very unintelligent answer. He said: "It is not the mandate of the government to discuss Biafra." I walked out of the hall in protest.

I understand later that someone, on that panel, explained the question to him. And that was when I realised that I know why old people will never take us seriously in this country.

Khalifa's unintelligent response did not come from the fact that he is 25 years old. It is because he has refused to read. He has refused to engage in intellectual discourses happening every day. Khalifa is a true representation of the young Nigerian: he wants to be empowered, but he doesn't want to empower himself. I am worried about the future of Nigeria, because it is so bleak. I am worried about the young people all getting depressed every day because of the systemic failure of the nation to make life better for its citizenry, but people like Khalifa, even though we have made up and laughed, should resign from their positions for situations like this. I know he will keep his job and continue misrepresenting his office, but this is how we will continue bringing out half-baked brains.

I am sorry I had to sound like this, Mr. Khalifa. I did not mean any disrespect and I do not want to be your friend. You're not worth it!

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/07/onyeka-onwenus-son-is-not-in-support-of.html

Correction op, the Onyeka Nwelue in the pic whom I know is in no way biologically related to musician Onyeka Onwenu, unless you mean "son" asin mentor, foster mum or any other context not blood.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by jcross19: 10:29am On Jul 21, 2016
Onyeka's son is a bastard because his mother gave birth to him out of wedlock. I think the guy father is from north or a muslim so that's the reason is saying such things. Well the truth is that we need federalism that's the way forward. Biafra is never an option. And one nigeria is only on paper or on media we are not one.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by codemaniacs: 10:29am On Jul 21, 2016
Ngozi123:

I would create a thread about the lack of intellectual discourse on the Biafran War but I'm sure that it'd be closed as soon as I opened it... undecided

The government doesn't realise that by failing to teach it's citizens about the war and being as impartial about it as possible, they leave it in the hands of our elders to teach us about it. For the non-Biafrans, it is a mere footnote in many of their minds as most of them were not greatly affected by the war. For the Biafrans, the war holds much sentimental value as most were/still are affected by it. This means that both sides are getting the bulk of their information from bias viewpoints that have been heavily influenced by propaganda. I think that they did this on purpose because anyone who has studied the Biafran War in some detail will tell you that history is indeed repeating itself.

There was no biafran war...

It was a civil war not a biafran war..

It was majorly a SE vs SW war..

After ironsi was killed ojukwu realised igbos were no longer in power and had lost control of its resources due to ironsi making Nigeria a unitary and igbos where getting killed in the NORTH so ojukwu decided to attack Nigeria whose seat of power was Lagos...

To attack Nigeria back then, the SW would have to be attacked because the seat of power was in Lagos.

It wasn't a NORTH vs SE war..
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by kingzizzy: 10:32am On Jul 21, 2016
shamecurls:
One of the few sensible Ugandans.

If Ojukwu had a quarter of whats upstairs, 3 million people wouldn't have perished and died of starvation.

And if Gowon had not broken the Aburi agreement he signed with Ojukwu in Ghana, there would have been no war in the first place
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Nobody: 10:36am On Jul 21, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Wrong! Biafra existed before Nigeria google is your friend.

baifra b4 nigeria,,really??even frm pre colonial era d ipod whr sidelined even by d whites ..their is jus sumtin abt them dat doesnt make dem fit 4 leadership role..dey see themselves so high above evry tribe but God as bin dwngrading dem in evryway..wu there support eva helped,,they shout federal character ...even God dd nt giv dem hnatural resources lik evry other tribe..baifra was a rebellious act of war nt even liberation why teach failed rebellious act is our schools..
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by kingzizzy: 10:38am On Jul 21, 2016
codemaniacs:

After ironsi was killed ojukwu realised igbos were no longer in power and had lost control of its resources due to ironsi making Nigeria a unitary and igbos where getting killed in the NORTH so ojukwu decided to attack Nigeria whose seat of power was Lagos...

To attack Nigeria back then, the SW would have to be attacked because the seat of power was in Lagos.

I have come to believe that 90% of Nigerian youths outside the SE/SS area aged from 1 to 45 cannot accurately state the correct sequence of events that led to the war. People who want discuss politics but don't know how the war came about. Lol

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ngozi123(f): 10:39am On Jul 21, 2016
codemaniacs:

You do realise that the Nigerian Civil War is commonly referred to as the Biafran War, right? It's not unusual for a war or any other important national event to have more than one name.

As for the rest of your post, well, what can I say other than to thank you for proving my point above. What evidence do you have to support your claims about Ojukwu? How could Ojukwu have decided to "attack Nigeria" because Igbos 'lost' power when it was Nigeria that declared war on Biafra, not the other way around? This is what I meant when I said that there is a lack of intellectual discourse on the matter; if you had studied this war in depth and read from a wide range of sources then you would see that there are some large gaps in what you have learnt. History is like one of those 1 million-piece puzzles; you won't be able to see the full picture until all the pieces are in place.

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by MICHEALADEX(m): 10:41am On Jul 21, 2016
waternogetenemy:
Doesn't the boy have a name?

The only people that support Nigeria are failures, rapist and thieves.

We cannot continue to put off the inevitable. One Nigeria is a scam. Nigeria woud be much better as a loose confederation.

I am here with your father and he just said so many things about how he told your uncle abroad to send some money for your drugs and he refused saying the only a native doctor can cure you and not even Indian drug....your papa like Nigeria dia...you know what I mean grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by codemaniacs: 10:49am On Jul 21, 2016
Ngozi123:

You do realise that the Nigerian Civil War is commonly referred to as the Biafran War, right? It's not unusual for a war or any other important national event to have more than one name.

As for the rest of your post, well, what can I say other than to thank you for proving my point above. What evidence do you have to support your claims about Ojukwu? How could Ojukwu have decided to "attack Nigeria" because Igbos 'lost' power when it was Nigeria that declared war on Biafra, not the other way around? This is what I meant when I said that there is a lack of intellectual discourse on the matter; if you had studied this war in depth and read from a wide range of sources then you would see that there are some large gaps in what you have learnt. History is like one of those 1 million-piece puzzles; you won't be able to see the full picture until all the pieces are in place.

If ojukwu wanted biafra all they had to do was defend the eastern region.

but they were advancing towards the SW it was when they reached ondo that their downfall started..

Ojukwu wanted conquer Nigeria by killing most south westerners.... We don't hear edo/bini indigenes talk about what igbos did to them because the igbos had a very high casualty figure...

North tried the same thing in 1800s but the SW dealt with them...

Its a shame that t:inubu would partner with ancestral enemies just for political power.

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by kjhova(m): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2016
Ngozi123:

I would create a thread about the lack of intellectual discourse on the Biafran War but I'm sure that it'd be closed as soon as I opened it... undecided

The government doesn't realise that by failing to teach it's citizens about the war and being as impartial about it as possible, they leave it in the hands of our elders to teach us about it. For the non-Biafrans, it is a mere footnote in many of their minds as most of them were not greatly affected by the war. For the Biafrans, the war holds much sentimental value as most were/still are affected by it. This means that both sides are getting the bulk of their information from bias viewpoints that have been heavily influenced by propaganda. I think that they did this on purpose because anyone who has studied the Biafran War in some detail will tell you that history is indeed repeating itself.

You are very right, ma'am. Apparently, ours is an anti-intellectual society where even the government forecloses meaningful discuss. I feel that the Nigerian Civil War is a rich source of material for cultural diffusion in this country if only the rulers of this nation understand how things work.

Indeed history is repeating itself before our eyes and no one seem to care enough. Whenever I am involved in discussion with Igbos, particularly older folks, I am amazed at how emotional and personal the topic is to them. It is the reverse when I am with old folks of my own family and notice how totally dismissive they are about the whole affair. The war wrought on everybody in different ways and folks in the East bore more of the brunt of it so their emotional attachment is understandable. I am Edo and my own family have totally different emotions about the war. We were invaded by Biafrans and as I am told by our elders, the invaders destroyed farms, looted property, raped women and killed people so there remains strong animosity towards the topic in that regard. It was a war therefore such gory acts will abound on both sides. A fair discussion of the topic is long overdue and we all need some healing and closure.

To the topic of the post, again the poster deliberately muddled a simple story into a bigoted write up to suit his dislike for biafra/IPOB and to stoke ethnic mudslinging. That is a bad thing to do and it is to @Seun's discredit and that of nairaland as a forum to allow such disinformation.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by ephi123(f): 10:50am On Jul 21, 2016
So much division in today's Nigeria. Sad.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by panditocracy(m): 10:51am On Jul 21, 2016
Victorvexz:

Lol, my sister keep consoling yourself with this ur interpretation of the article. I know e pain u die. He was clearly referring to Ipob. Just go to his Facebook page, and u will see many of his posts where he lambast Ipob members and Biafra agitators in general. Keep deceiving and consoling urself, Biafra is dead , lol

Oblong headed shout WASTErner
So you even have enough time to go to such length to follow this guy just because of the sleeplessness Biafra gives you but yet you have no time to address your brown roof forests.

Brown roof caveman.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by ephi123(f): 10:53am On Jul 21, 2016
kjhova:

You are very right, ma'am. Apparently, our's is an anti-intellectual society where even the government forecloses meaningful discuss. I feel that the Nigerian Civil War is a rich source of material for cultural diffusion in this country if only the rulers of this nation understand how things work.

Indeed history is repeating itself before our eyes and no one seem to care enough. Whenever I am involved in discussion with Igbos, particularly older folks, I am amazed at how emotional and personal the topic is to them. It is the reverse when I am with old folks of my own family and notice how totally dismissive they are about the whole affair. The war wrought on everybody in different ways and folks in the East bore more of the brunt of it so their emotional attachment is understandable. I am Edo and my own family have totally different emotions about the war. We were invaded by Biafrans and as I am told by our elders, the invaders destroyed farms, looted property, raped women and killed people so there remains strong animosity towards the topic in that regard. It was a war therefore such gory acts will abound on both sides. A fair discussion of the topic is long overdue and we all need some healing and closure.

To the topic of the post, again the poster deliberately muddled a simple story into a bigoted write up to suit his dislike for biafra/IPOB and to stoke ethnic mudslinging. That is a bad thing to do and it is to @Seun's discredit and that of nairaland as a forum to allow such disinformation.

Very well said.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by FuckTheMods: 10:59am On Jul 21, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Is dat the names of ur parents?

Bia'fraud is an animal's identity, show some respect little boy.
we know
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by NOETHNICITY(m): 10:59am On Jul 21, 2016
OlanreJohnson:
We yoruba musleeems are happy about this news because it helps to keep the oil from the former Eastern region flowing to us in Osun. Without oil we can't survive in the SW.
Mr Johnson stop deceiving ursef.. Muslims don't make this kind of comment. U re jus a miserAble ipod pretending to be a muslim.

3 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by blaqiz: 11:04am On Jul 21, 2016
i don't know how fast this will be,but one nigeria remain a scam to me
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ngozi123(f): 11:14am On Jul 21, 2016
codemaniacs:

If ojukwu wanted biafra all they had to do was defend the eastern region.

but they were advancing towards the SW it was when they reached ondo that their downfall started..

Ojukwu wanted conquer Nigeria by killing most south westerners.... We don't hear edo/bini indigenes talk about what igbos did to them because the igbos had a very high casualty figure...

North tried the same thing in 1800s but the SW dealt with them...

Its a shame that t:inubu would partner with ancestral enemies just for political power.

You still haven't answered my question- what evidence do you have to support your claims? When did Nigeria declare war on Biafra and when did the march on Ore occur? This is very important in determining which event caused which. Even if the Biafrans had marched towards Ore before Nigeria declared war on them, which it didn't, why did the Nigerian side decide to go further into the old Eastern region or why didn't they just give the Biafrans their independence in order to get rid of these supposed 'troublemakers'? Like I said, there are massive holes in this story, from both sides admittedly, that need answering.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by reducto: 11:26am On Jul 21, 2016
This is just why I don't regard this cone head cowards from the waste.
The stupid Op twisted the title in order to invite his fellow brown roof cone heads—cone head yorubas that always reason with their anuses.

For one thing, the article never mentioned IPOB but the useless Yolober Op did that to invite his narrow-minded cone heads to masturbate all over the thread.
And for another thing, the man the foolish Op portrayed as anti-biafra/IPOB was in fact an advocate of Biafra but his Oblong head with a pea sized brain couldn't note that.

The clause in capital letters shows it:"The moderator, Professor Battery, intentionally tried to
sideline me and move on with events, making sure that
the Biafran issue was never raised, for which he
apologised later during lunch. I still had to raise my voice
to tell them that my question was not answered and the
hall went quiet.
Khalifa gave a very unintelligent answer. He said: "It is
not the mandate of the government to discuss Biafra."
I WALKED OUT OF THE HALL IN PROTEST."
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by sexychocho(f): 11:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Awon ejo yii su mi oooo

Tired of alll dis stories
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Ngozi123(f): 11:45am On Jul 21, 2016
kjhova:

You are very right, ma'am. Apparently, ours is an anti-intellectual society where even the government forecloses meaningful discuss. I feel that the Nigerian Civil War is a rich source of material for cultural diffusion in this country if only the rulers of this nation understand how things work.

Brilliant post.

You're right about the war being a huge opportunity for us to encourage cultural diffusion and ultimately discourage tribalism. If we are able to see things from the 'other side's' point of view then it'll help us to explain their actions, why they think the way they do- basically understand their feelings. I know that this sounds rather simplistic but I honestly believe that the problem with this is that each 'side' is unable to humanise the other. This is due to all the biased stories, fuelled by propaganda, that they've been fed by their elders; if you've been consistently told a story that completely exonerates you/your side from any blame and thus completely demonises the other side then it will be very difficult for you to believe anyone else. No one wants to be associated with bad things. I genuinely feel that most Nigerians don't want to learn about the war in depth because they don't want to hear about the atrocities committed by their ancestors and they certainly don't want to hear that they've been mislead by their parents/elders, although unintentionally. They would rather shout out easy superficial statements like "All Yorubas are Evil" or "All Igbos are greedy". It's a real shame. undecided

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by mercyrules: 12:17pm On Jul 21, 2016
[color=#006600][/color]
waternogetenemy:

@ YorubaFynest

In Europe the government offer free modern housing with all amenity.

They offer free health care. They offer free education. Free prescription.

Free Travel, they offer you weekly/monthly benefit payment

Wat does Lagos offer to the people that contribute to the igr?

Lagos only takes, so people like u need to keep mute.

The don't know that without igbos in the west yorubas have nothing..igbos made ur states in the West what they are,[left][/left][/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][email][/email] believe it or not.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by TRUTHSURE: 12:31pm On Jul 21, 2016
BIAFRA is a mandate that must be achieved come what may. Your disagreement is immaterial and non essential. Save your breath for some other things
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by kingzizzy: 1:00pm On Jul 21, 2016
It seems that many Yorubas do not know that Nigeria invaded Biafra long before Biafra invaded Nigeria and got to Ore

2 Likes

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by Minemrys: 1:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
waternogetenemy:
Doesn't the boy have a name?

The only people that support Nigeria are failures, rapist and thieves.

We cannot continue to put off the inevitable. One Nigeria is a scam. Nigeria woud be much better as a loose confederation.
yet u post and visit a Nigerian (rapists, thieves, failures) forum. What does that make of you then? A looser? Hypocrisy at its Zenith.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by saintdennis(m): 1:20pm On Jul 21, 2016
waternogetenemy:

Wrong! Biafra existed before Nigeria google is your friend.

Biafra never existed before nigeria, biafra, Sierra Leone, angola , guinea etc ARE ALL NAMES GIVEN BY THE EXPLORERS WHO MAPPED OUT THE AREA.

But biafra was never used as a denonym until 1967 thus it could not have existed b4 nigeria...u dig?

It's people like u who the onyeka was referring to as "half baked brains". THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE NAME BIAFRA AND NIGERIA.

It's on record that the igbos never had a central authority/capital.

Tho @ different times the arochukwu and nri kingdoms existed but there was never A CENTRAL AUTHORITY.

The same way nigeria is a collection of ethnic groups so is biafra, Sierra Leone etc.

Hope you are enlightened?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by vicatrix(m): 1:24pm On Jul 21, 2016
With all this shouting, UP Down Up Down, wonder what they will say if finally they get their independence. A yoruba guy in lagos once told me that if biafra get their independence that he will find the best Igbo man house and convert the ownership to his own since they have to go back home, very funny indeed.
However, Nigeria is already going into recession confirmed by IMF and you all are fighting and talking about people which haven't affected una economy. This country called Nigeria get better issue to talk about. Funny enough the only country you still dey hear 1 Nigeria lol.

ok Next Statement uploading
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by buchilino(m): 3:02pm On Jul 21, 2016
waternogetenemy:

@ YorubaFynest
In Europe the government offer free modern housing with all amenity.
They offer free health care. They offer free education. Free prescription.
Free Travel, they offer you weekly/monthly benefit payment
Wat does Lagos offer to the people that contribute to the igr?
Lagos only takes, so people like u need to keep mute.
U DON'T NEED 2 ARGUE WITH DAT FELLA, U NO A CHILD WEN THEY SPEAK

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by buchilino(m): 3:05pm On Jul 21, 2016
mrkayusfit:
[s][/s]

[size=18pt]
Biafra is dead and buried since 1970. We will not allow any stupid referendum for the Igbo's. Understood?? undecided[/size]

A CHILD IS KNOWN WEN THEY SPEAK

1 Like

Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by buchilino(m): 3:08pm On Jul 21, 2016
codemaniacs:

UR READING UR HISTORY UPSIDE DOWN.
Re: Onyeka Nwelue Blasts IPOB Agitators,Says IPOB Is A Long Rope(photos) by kaboninc(m): 3:58pm On Jul 21, 2016
kjhova:

I ordinarily do not like publicly discussing the Biafran Issue and it is due to the opinions canvassed by both sides. Personally, my dad till this day complains about joint pains which he suffered at the hands of the Nigerian soldiers after they were captured and I have others too who feel bitter about the treatment meted to them by the Biafran soldiers. Everyone claims to be the victim and have suffered one form of pain or the other. It is understandable as it is with war.

But what you said, and the fellow you quoted was just the right thing. We need to talk about the war in a calm, civil and friendly environment, like a Peace Reconciliation. Current generation should be enlightened on the history surrounding the war without any omission or commission to favour any particular ethnic group, under a platform that seeks for genuine forgiveness, reconciliation and the survival of the country depends on the individual effort of each and everyone of us. Effort should be made to change the narrative of the war from that of revenge, animosity and hatred to peace, forgiveness and prosperity. This effort should be championed by Civil Society Organisations (most especially the MEDIA) who should make every effort humanly possible not to be influenced by the Government.

Government on the other hand should also be sensitive in various appointments, design and development and implementation of policies which should be for a greater good and cause for a feeling of entitlements by all Nigerians.

Failure to do so (and more) will lead to a continued increase in tension from both sides and particularly by the Igbos who strongly feel that they are been marginalized in the current dispensation. Such feeling could currently be imagined (a perception) but the consequences can be devastating.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Governor Ikpeazu & Wife, Nkechi Celebrate 29th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / President Tinubu To Travel To Benin Republic On Tuesday / Osun Residents Protest Against Tribunal’s Judgement Sacking Oyetola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.