Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,559 members, 7,809,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

"Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers (14890 Views)

EHIOZUWA JOHNSON AGBONAYINMA Joins APC; PDP Lawmakers Jubilant / Lagos PDP Lawmakers Who Decamped To APC Visit Tinubu In His Ikoyi Home (Photo) / Plot To Impeach Buhari: Senator Misau Criticizes Colleagues For Leaking Secrets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 5:38am On Jul 21, 2016
A former Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Tony Anenih, has tasked the Chairman of the party’s National Caretaker Committee, Ahmed Makarfi, to dissuade the PDP caucus in the National Assembly from participating in the alleged “ill-advised adventure” of removing President Muhammadu Buhari from office.

In a four-page letter to Mr. Makarfi, dated July 15, 2016, Mr. Anenih said he was persuaded that the time was neither right nor the reasons compelling enough to contemplate the impeachment of the President.
He urged him to personally lead the process of consultation with PDP members in the National Assembly, with a view to getting them to play a patriotic, rather than partisan role, at this time of national economic and social uncertainty.

The letter, titled: “The PDP Caucus in the National Assembly and the threat to impeach President Muhammadu Buhari” reads: “I am constrained to write this letter by my love for our great country and my long years of involvement in the pursuit of peace, co-existence and national development.

“I am concerned about the noises coming out of the National Assembly to the effect that some of our distinguished Senators and Honourable Members are contemplating a move to impeach the President.
“I feel even more disturbed that the PDP Caucus is being rumoured to be actively involved in this plan to “go for the jugular” of the Executive. The rumoured role of the PDP Caucus is, indeed, the main reason I have chosen to write this letter to you.

“I wish to appeal to you to use your noble office as the Chairman of the Caretaker Committee of our great party to dissuade our party members, in the National Assembly, from embarking on or participating in this ill-advised adventure. I am persuaded, Sir, that the time is neither right nor the reasons compelling enough to contemplate the impeachment of the President.

“I do not doubt that the National Assembly may have its grouse against the President, but I am sure that the options of consultation, dialogue and negotiation have not yet been exhausted. We should all assist in persuading our members to persevere in the pursuit of these options.

“I do not believe an attempt at impeachment, at this time, is in the best interests of the party, or the country. Such a move will create tension, instability and even crisis in our body-politic. It will unleash all those fissiparous forces which, in the last few months, have begun to gain momentum.

“Fundamentally, as the main opposition party, I believe the PDP should concern itself with an inward review of why Nigerians lost faith in us and in our party’s vision for Nigeria; our focus should therefore be on trying to figure out how we can once again regain this trust.

“As a party in opposition, what I expect is constructive criticism of the ruling party when it goes wrong. Playing an active role in the internal power struggles between factions of the ruling party is an unnecessary distraction, and an exercise that appears to promote personal agenda rather than the National Interest.

“I am not unaware that the times are hard; that Nigerians are groaning under the weight of unpaid salaries and astronomical increases in the cost of living, that ballooning security problems are increasingly threatening to rip apart the fabric of our national existence, and that Nigerians feel more divided today than they have ever felt, but it would be unfair to blame this President or this Government for all of these problems. Instructively, none of these problems was floated as justification for the threat of impeachment by the National Assembly.
“On the economy, it is a well known fact that all oil-producing countries are suffering from an economic down-turn because of the radical drop in the price of crude oil. As a mono-product economy, dependent on crude oil, there is no magic bubble that could have insulated us completely from the systemic shocks caused by the attendant loss of revenue.

“Rather than seek scapegoats, the situation demands that all our institutions, political parties and leaders should set aside all partisan interests, and work together to wade through these difficult times.
“It is, therefore, my wish and prayer that you, personally, lead the process of consultation with our members in the National Assembly, with a view to getting them to play a patriotic, rather than partisan role, at this time of national economic and social uncertainty.
“May God continue to bless you with the wisdom to lead our party to its manifest destiny.”

http://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/207258-anenih-begs-pdp-lawmakers-dont-impeach-buhari.html

5 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Pheals(f): 5:45am On Jul 21, 2016
The probing game is moving to them !

Every useless thing in this country should be pack inside lawma trash

7 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 5:45am On Jul 21, 2016
Imagine....no need begging them nao. Impeach am make we see...na so e easy

34 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 5:58am On Jul 21, 2016
Lol! Bunch of clowns!!

6 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by StOla: 6:04am On Jul 21, 2016
Similar to a Nigerian coach like Kadiri Ikhana begging NFF not to impeach FIFA president.

Anenih you have been noticed.

64 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by babyfaceafrica: 6:23am On Jul 21, 2016
Pdp can't do anything

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by mazichika: 6:58am On Jul 21, 2016
The should go ahead and impeach that mofo.

7 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by mazichika: 7:00am On Jul 21, 2016
babyfaceafrica:
Pdp can't do anything
I trust you saw how the relegated you corrupt Demi-god and his wife in the scheme at the national assemble?

15 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by blackpanda: 7:07am On Jul 21, 2016
Useless old devil!

3 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by babyfaceafrica: 7:55am On Jul 21, 2016
mazichika:
I trust you saw how the relegated you corrupt Demi-god and his wife in the scheme at the national assemble?
o
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by herzern(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Lol....but does PDP have the power to impeach Buhari??.....

Even when APC has the majority in the house of rep including the speaker....they didn't dare

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by veekid(m): 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
Why begging?
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Alexas58: 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
1$=375 without coruwption
1$=190 with corruption...

Bia nwoke wch one is better...decision ti take over
Today is my birthday,forget about all nigerian problems and show me some love

41 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by fsnders: 8:35am On Jul 21, 2016
mazichika:
They should go ahead and impeach that mofo.

Just look at you. You fit even do class monitor for primary school?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Sirmuel1(m): 8:36am On Jul 21, 2016
They can't even impeach him

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by SweetJoystick(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2016
Them no fit, no need to beg. Well, you just want to be heard

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by mightyhaze: 8:37am On Jul 21, 2016
Pdp mature!

2 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by taylor88(m): 8:37am On Jul 21, 2016
wish this bigot can be impeached

I will run round d whole ph naked

5 Likes

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Cadamlk: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2016
And who told Annenih that they can impeach him? Just because a senator from Abia state suggested it and was disregarded by other senators present in that meeting.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by felixfred: 8:38am On Jul 21, 2016
mightyhaze:
Pdp is mature!
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by martineverest(m): 8:40am On Jul 21, 2016
my kinsman is indirectly begging for mercy.......no peace 4 the wicked.

Chief tony anenih:the david mark( a man who is in power for years,but never had impact on his people) of esan people

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by AntiWailer: 8:41am On Jul 21, 2016
Lol.

They should impeach him ook
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Lanre4uonly(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2016
Ok.
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by olaiya2007(m): 8:42am On Jul 21, 2016
that will be a huge task for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Goddaughter: 8:42am On Jul 21, 2016
Them no fit but the person in line knows what faces him if he continues ruling this country the way it pleases him. Are we cows? Wait and see when the time ripe
SweetJoystick:
Them no fit, no need to beg. Well, you just want to be heard
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by titiakins: 8:43am On Jul 21, 2016
D
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Orikinla(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2016
StOla:
Similar to a Nigerian coach like Kadiri Ikhana begging NFF not to impeach FIFA president.

grin
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by martineverest(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2016
StOla:

great analogy
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by obaival(m): 8:44am On Jul 21, 2016
D kind ov news roaming in Nigeria up & down nw,anyway gud 4 press & bloggers let dem atlist hv news cheesy
Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by Orikinla(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2016

Re: "Don’t Impeach Buhari" - Anenih Begs PDP Lawmakers by adanny01(m): 8:45am On Jul 21, 2016
[url][/url]
herzern:
Lol....but does PDP has the power to impeach Buhari??.....

Even when APC has the majority in the house of rep including the speaker....they didn't dare

Last time a senate president tried to impeach the president in Nigeria, he was impeached first. Saraki is not APC but let him try that impeachment and see what will happen.

Na HOR Buhari go use against them and the tide will change against Saraki.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Dying, Says Bode George / Governor Wike Denies Story Of Senatorial Seat Offer From Tinubu / Abiola Spent All His Loot On June 12 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.