Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,712 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:51 PM

Donald Trump Aide Apologies Over Melania Trump Plagiarism Incident - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Donald Trump Aide Apologies Over Melania Trump Plagiarism Incident (460 Views)

Melania Trump Mocked Over Her 'Creepy' Christmas White House Decorations (Photos / Amina Mohammed Shakes Donald Trump. See The Look On Melania Trump's Face / Michelle Obama And Melania Trump Pose Together Ahead Of Trump's Inauguration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Donald Trump Aide Apologies Over Melania Trump Plagiarism Incident by jokpeme1: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2016
[url=http://www.jalili48.com/search/label/Donald%20Trump] Donald Trump[/url] campaign staffer has apologized after the US Republican presidential nominee’s wife was accused of using remarks by First Lady Michelle Obama in a speech broadcast live to millions of people.

Melania Trump’s Monday address to the Republican National Convention contained similarities to a 2008 convention speech by US President Barack Obama’s wife, Michelle.

In a written statement on Wednesday evening, Meredith McIver admitted she made a mistake by not checking Michelle Obama’s former speeches.

The statement said McIver offered to resign but the Republican presidential nominee had rejected the offer.

McIver explained that she included the parts from Michelle Obama's speech after listening to Melania read passages from the First Lady’s 2008 speech.

"Over the phone, she read me some passages from Mrs. Obama's speech as examples. I wrote them down and later included some of the phrasing in the draft that ultimately became the final speech,” she said.

“I did not check Mrs. Obama's speeches. This was my mistake, and I feel terrible for the chaos I have caused Melania and the Trumps, as well as to Mrs. Obama. No harm was meant,” she stated.
Donald Trump did not accept McIver’s resignation, calling her error “an innocent mistake.”

"She made a mistake ... we all make mistakes," Trump told ABC News.

In tweets, Trump said he was proud of the fact that his wife’s address “got more attention than any in the history of politics.”

Melania Trump had claimed she wrote her speech “with as little help as possible.”

Source : http://www.jalili48.com/2016/07/donald-trump-aide-apologies-over.html

Viral World News -Popular Featured Trends And Breaking News
Re: Donald Trump Aide Apologies Over Melania Trump Plagiarism Incident by Nobody: 7:03am On Jul 21, 2016
Ok
Re: Donald Trump Aide Apologies Over Melania Trump Plagiarism Incident by holuwatobhy(m): 7:07am On Jul 21, 2016
K
Re: Donald Trump Aide Apologies Over Melania Trump Plagiarism Incident by cherriton12: 1:33pm On Jul 21, 2016
Why copy other people's speech recklessly...
Re: Donald Trump Aide Apologies Over Melania Trump Plagiarism Incident by jokpeme1: 6:47am On Jul 23, 2016
cherriton12:
Why copy other people's speech recklessly...

They were reckless...

(1) (Reply)

Japan: Typhoon Mindulle Lashes Tokyo Area / See What People Are Doing With Donald Trump's Naked Statue / Trump Will Win, Says A Professor Who Correctly Predicted The Last 8 Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.